Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

mysterious loyall X posted:

Mk64 is awful but at least ots not diddy kong racong

this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
Just remembered the main boss of that game is wizzpig and I feel a little violated

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
They named the boss pisspig... What the gently caress Rare I played that game as a child

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I rented loads of games from my local library as a kid before I really understood stuff like quality, I even enjoyed Chameleon Twist. I rented Diddy Kong Racing and it made me cry and ask my mum to take it back early because it was so upsetting

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

a friend of mine bought diddy kong racing and we really tried to like it

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I liked diddy kong racing as a kid and I'm never going to play it again so it lives untainted in my memory. I didn't play mk64 until I was in college

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

The Klowner posted:

I liked diddy kong racing as a kid and I'm never going to play it again so it lives untainted in my memory. I didn't play mk64 until I was in college

You were tricked into having fun

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

diddy kong racing was such a weird concept in the first place. it felt like it was supposed to be the video game equivalent of a backdoor pilot for half the racers. who decided mario kart needed a weird overworld exploration mechanic? why do you have to do each course like 4 times with increasing collectathon gimmicks for each one?

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
my very first video game was donkey kong 64 and I loved that one too. I'm starting to think I had a disadvantaged gaming upbringing

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

ArfJason posted:

So long, Gary Bowser

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Awesome Interactions of Name

Lol

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Bicyclops posted:

who decided mario kart needed a weird overworld exploration mechanic?

tbf that’s basically what Kirby Air Ride does for the city trial mode and it loving rocks

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

the team at rare worked late nights on diddy kong racing to make sure they were able to put in a musical tribute to the intro of their favorite christmas song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCvYlD-S4DQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_g8Pj-UyMs

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

Watching Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me and playing hours of Beetle Adventure Racing! Yeah, you could say 1999 was fairly epic

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Bicyclops posted:

diddy kong racing was such a weird concept in the first place. it felt like it was supposed to be the video game equivalent of a backdoor pilot for half the racers. who decided mario kart needed a weird overworld exploration mechanic? why do you have to do each course like 4 times with increasing collectathon gimmicks for each one?

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Diddy Kong Racing giving us Conker strongly implies that the game was so abhorrent, morally as well as in play, that it introduced some form of original sin to the wholesome DK/Mario universe and led to the hideous world of Bad Fur Day

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I haven't replayed or even really thought of Conkers Bad Fur Day since I played it when I was 10, I wonder if it holds up.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

NienNunb posted:

I haven't replayed or even really thought of Conkers Bad Fur Day since I played it when I was 10, I wonder if it holds up.
Holds up implies it was ever up.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
Oeiginally dkr was meant to push the rworder turtle or tiger or whatever but they changed it to diddukong

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Donkey Kong Country 2 is a really good game

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Oh yeah? Without looking answer this. Is it Diddy Kong's Quest or Diddy's Kong Quest?

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

American McGay posted:

Oh yeah? Without looking answer this. Is it Diddy Kong's Quest or Diddy's Kong Quest?

Kong Quest. When I was 5 I would loudly announce secrets and strategies from the Nintendo Power Player's Guide for it every night in the living room while my parents were trying to watch Law and Order.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

ArfJason posted:

Oeiginally dkr was meant to push the rworder turtle or tiger or whatever but they changed it to diddukong
yeah it was originally called RC Pro AM 64 (you know, like that old nes game) with the tiger as the protagonist, but then they realized they wanted the game to make money

they tried bringing back the tiger to be the hero of dinosaur planet, but then he got replaced (twice!) and was never seen again

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

The Kins posted:

they tried bringing back the tiger to be the hero of dinosaur planet, but then he got replaced (twice!) and was never seen again

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
his belly button looks like a cheerio

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

mycophobia posted:

listen you
I was having a good afternoon before you posted this poo poo

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Tony Kong says hello

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

mycophobia posted:

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

lol

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
no artificial colours. no artificial flavours. choucoulate flavour. flavoured with real coucoua

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lmfao

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

lmao

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

im gonna hurl

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

American McGay