Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The mortgage banker is Monica's fiancee but I still don't see why he's relevant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epoxy Bulletin
Sep 7, 2009

delikpate that thing!
They conspired together (liked eachothers tweets) to deprive him of work by viciously defaming him (telling people about things he did)

Munin
Nov 14, 2004

The deposition where he mimes grabbing the hair of one of the people who accused him of abusing her is very :stonk:

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

Munin posted:

The deposition where he mimes grabbing the hair of one of the people who accused him of abusing her is very :stonk:

If Mignogna was actually closely cooperating with his attorneys then his abysmal deposition would indicate that he was a nightmare client; but we know he was not sitting in with his lawyers as they composed their legal strategy, and so his absurd behavior indicated was completely kept out of the loop.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Munin posted:

This is all so stupid. Let me show you the completely non-abusive and totally work appropriate way I grabbed her hair.

Why is everyone holding their head in their hands?

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

He also volunteered a lot of info about his history of cheating on his partner, which was baffling.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
People who have never had to face consequences sometimes result in funny depositions.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Is that his actual testimony??

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

No, that's a basketball man.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

ChaosArgate posted:

That was Donald Sterling former owner of the clippers that got forced to sell because he’s an old racist piece of poo poo.

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

ChaosArgate posted:

we only have his actual testimony via screech streaming it, who was given it by vic's lawyers in seemingly a pr stunt. presumably they thought he'd screen the video and only show parts that reflected well, but instead:
https://twitter.com/renfamous/status/1151580282518212609

which also gets us this gem that should be the #1 result for vic:
https://twitter.com/greg_doucette/status/1377487873566466052

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"

ChaosArgate posted:

No but he did legit admit to cheating on his fiancé for the entirety of their relationship

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

"I couldn't stop saying aloud how miscast Jim Carrey was!"
Well, in the annals of "How very 'Christian' of him....!"

Exercu
Dec 7, 2009

EAT WELL, SLEEP WELL, SHIT WELL! THERE'S YOUR ANSWER!!

Phobophilia posted:

If Mignogna was actually closely cooperating with his attorneys then his abysmal deposition would indicate that he was a nightmare client; but we know he was not sitting in with his lawyers as they composed their legal strategy, and so his absurd behavior indicated was completely kept out of the loop.

I mean, not that it would have helped, because Ron Toye's deposition was just as bad because Vic's attorney didn't know how to depose.

Ultraklystron
May 19, 2010

Unsafe At Every Speed
Worst of all worlds: Vic to be a special guest at a convention held during a pandemic at a convention center that is currently being used as a vaccination site, but vaccinations at the site will be put on hold during this con:

https://twitter.com/SacAnime/status/1384703889178603523?s=19

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
more like Goebbelen Center

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

more like nutsac anime

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor
more like Anime Gropeville

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

lmao this tweet is unavailable

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

"We here at Sac Anime would like to thank George Floyd-

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Midjack posted:

lmao this tweet is unavailable

They seem to have literally deleted any tweets from this year other than the two explaining that the vaccination site wasn't ever going to be open actually

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

"look vic will be vaccinated okay? geeze. #viccinated"

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Alan Smithee posted:

"look vic will be vaccinated okay? geeze. #viccinated"

So at least he won't infect the teenagers he gropes, that's a good thing I guess.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Skwirl posted:

So at least he won't infect the teenagers he gropes, that's a good thing I guess.

With COVID-19, anyway.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Let's check in!

https://twitter.com/StateStace/status/1394815368833667081

Even better than I could possibly imagine.

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe

Dawgstar posted:

Let's check in!

https://twitter.com/StateStace/status/1394815368833667081

Even better than I could possibly imagine.

Didnt some Vic supporters give him free handouts? :ironicat:

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Violet_Sky posted:

Didnt some Vic supporters give him free handouts? :ironicat:

You could probably qualify Nick and Beard's whole fundraiser as that.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Dawgstar posted:

You could probably qualify Nick and Beard's whole fundraiser as that.

I thought that was a handout to his lawyers, not him.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

The famously employed Vic

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe
Why do these types always bang on about welfare being the fountain of money? Like the woman with 10 kids, Jordans and a hip-hop ringtone on an iphone doesn't really exist.

Thomamelas
Mar 11, 2009

Violet_Sky posted:

Why do these types always bang on about welfare being the fountain of money? Like the woman with 10 kids, Jordans and a hip-hop ringtone on an iphone doesn't really exist.

It lets them justify being racist assholes to themselves.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Violet_Sky posted:

Racism.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"

Skwirl posted:

I thought that was a handout to his lawyers, not him.

A lot of Vic stans seemed to think this went straight to him at first until Nick said something to the effect of “well, it’s for his legal fees...” and people put two and two together and tried to tell his fans that the money was going straight to Beard for his “representation.” They didn’t want to hear that though or didn’t care.

I forget if this is before or after Vic won negative-$250k in his lolsuit

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
lol that a textbook example of a failson (pushing 60, no less!) is trying to teach people about bootstraps.

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe

Wark Say posted:

lol that a textbook example of a failson (pushing 60, no less!) is trying to teach people about bootstraps.

Next we'll learn about finances from Trump

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
When you give the masses money it's bad and makes them lazy. When you give the rich money it's good and makes them industrious.

Which is why unemployment benefits are bad.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Wark Say posted:

Yeah. It's important to remember that Vic's mom is wealthy and Vic has what he has because wealthy.

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?
People also don’t seem to realize that there are certain kinds of jobs that you can only really afford to do if you come from money.

Ever wonder why so many big-name journalists are WASPs with family connections? Needing an unpaid internship at a prestigious publication in order to get work later in your career kind of filters for that.

Ever wonder why some comedians, musicians, etc. come from money? Because that’s the main way you can actually make those careers instead of hobbies.

I fully expect voice acting is in that category too.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Sorta but not really? At the end of the day, like with most things that require you to have some acquired knowledge + practiced ability, it also relies a lot with getting stupid lucky. I mean, having the moolah certainly does make it easier (because as you mentioned, you have that safety net) to get lucky given that you get "additional shots", but it's not unheard of to be able to make a living as a musician/comedian/etc even if you started piss-poor.

(Source: Started as a busker when still a little brat and sorta expanded upon that to the point that it's still a steady source of my income even to this day)

Bringing it back to Mignogna: The thing that it's super obvious from what's being mentioned a couple of times itt and elsewhere is that the fucker has had a stupid amount of "second chances", and the fucker has squandered every single loving one of them. Like I know rich people get used to playing with a different set of rules, but it's ridiculous. Like:
  • He was a youth pastor
  • English teacher
  • Video production teacher
  • Cop in a resort town
  • Music producer/performer
  • At least a couple other things I'm forgetting
  • Voice Actor
And given that some of the reports of him being a rapey shithead go back +30 years, I bet my guitar collection that he got shuffled out of/lost the majority of those jobs because of the aforementioned rapey shitheadedness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe

Wark Say posted:

Sorta but not really? At the end of the day, like with most things that require you to have some acquired knowledge + practiced ability, it also relies a lot with getting stupid lucky. I mean, having the moolah certainly does make it easier (because as you mentioned, you have that safety net) to get lucky given that you get "additional shots", but it's not unheard of to be able to make a living as a musician/comedian/etc even if you started piss-poor.

(Source: Started as a busker when still a little brat and sorta expanded upon that to the point that it's still a steady source of my income even to this day)

Bringing it back to Mignogna: The thing that it's super obvious from what's being mentioned a couple of times itt and elsewhere is that the fucker has had a stupid amount of "second chances", and the fucker has squandered every single loving one of them. Like I know rich people get used to playing with a different set of rules, but it's ridiculous. Like:
  • He was a youth pastor
  • English teacher
  • Video production teacher
  • Cop in a resort town
  • Music producer/performer
  • At least a couple other things I'm forgetting
  • Voice Actor
And given that some of the reports of him being a rapey shithead go back +30 years, I bet my guitar collection that he got shuffled out of/lost the majority of those jobs because of the aforementioned rapey shitheadedness.

How does one gently caress up that badly? How is he still around and making money? (White Privilege)