Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

How could Nazi hunters be pedos? Do better, smdh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
if I didn't want my forum to be famously full of pedos in leadership I'd simply punish people who talk about mouth loving babies swiftly and harshly, even if they have a shiny little star.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

smythe show yourself, surely you have some level of recourse over what happens in qcs, especially when it's a funny post on a comedy forum?

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

lol yeah smythe get in here and explain what a useless bitch you are

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

comedyblissoption posted:

biden's pandemic stimulus is worse than trump's and theyre hooting and hollering for massive tax cuts to the wealthy through the SALT deduction so lmao if that is the bar gnome chumpsky has set

also immigration is absolutely domestic policy

the entire premise of immigration being foreign policy is literally a right wing talking point

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
fluff daddy may have an itchy trigger finger but holy hell did that Eugene dubstep poster loving suck all the asses

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Some Guy TT posted:

the entire premise of immigration being foreign policy is literally a right wing talking point

I mean, there is the over-arching argument that our foreign policy creates the "migrant crises" and how we handle our self-made crises is an internal policy discussion, but the right-wing is almost certainly not making that distinction, and are more concerned with ooh is the country they're coming from flush with the stuff we need to make Elon's batteries?

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Some Guy TT posted:

It was actually just a dumb joke but thanks for playing.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Anyway, all US domestic policy is also foreign policy because we exist at the expense of poorer nations in pretty much every aspect everything is interconnected.

Happiness
Oct 10, 2004

https://www.businessinsider.com/biden-100-days-legislative-agenda-republican-party-attacks-2021-4

quote:

Biden, cognizant of the missteps that plagued the administration of former President Barack Obama from his former perch as the vice president, has been unrelenting in his view that now is the time for bold change in America.

Republicans have attacked that worldview, arguing that unified Democratic control of government has resulted in too much liberalism, with Biden's governance being painted as a liability.

However, nearly 100 days into Biden's first term, most voters seem to hold the opposite view and the GOP has been almost powerless to stop him.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

gradenko_2000 posted:

"half of America are insane chuds, and the other half are obsessed with scoring woke points and policing political correctness. China doesn't believe in any of that, so they get poo poo done, and the US has lost"

it's actually a little more insidious than that if you watch it, because Maher has all these little asides:

* you shouldn't care that I use racial slurs, the Chinese sure don't because they're too busy building cities
* environmental regulations suck - it takes decades to get anything done while China just makes a train in a week
* China is great because their kids are already back in school, while American kids are still taking Zoom calls (implying that we should OPEN ER UP)
* the progressive left is demanding that universities drop meritocratic gatekeeping in favor of racial equity and representation. I don't think CHINA does that, and that's part of why they're better than us
* China also doesn't entertain such silly notions as university courses for the humanities and sociology

that last bit was especially funny because Maher of course also backstops his argument with "we shouldn't become authoritarian genocidaires like the Chinese, but there's got to be a better way than our current Congressional gridlock"... but if you're not studying social sciences, how exactly are you going to prevent that from happening?

Jesus loving Christ

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

sexpig by night posted:

lol eugene's one of the dumbest motherfuckers on these forums but that was a good burn and lol @ the admin telling on themselves with the insane overreaction.

fl*ff is both insanely thin-skinned and constantly namesearches himself, so eugene was just playing with fire on that one

Raskolnikov38 posted:

fluff daddy may have an itchy trigger finger but holy hell did that Eugene dubstep poster loving suck all the asses

also this, it's a win for everyone. eugene gets his first good post ever and everyone else no longer has to see his other bad posts

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

"powerless to stop him" is an interesting way to spin "he's doing everything they want anyway"

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Yinlock posted:

"powerless to stop him" is an interesting way to spin "he's doing everything they want anyway"

Maybe it was the Republicans who were the controlled opposition all along.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Eugene V. Dubstep posted:

it's this, yeah. I think if the a nation or coalition has a high chance of preventing a genocide by going to war without causing vastly greater carnage, then they are morally obligated to do so. US military intervention to prevent genocide in Rwanda or Yemen would have been justified, imo. But no one can credibly threaten China with military force without risking a far greater catastrophe than the Uighur genocide, a catastrophe that would certainly end with even more dead Uighurs than doing absolutely nothing.

There's no solution here. Sanctions and other forms of diplomatic pressure might force a policy change on Xinjiang, or they might not.

e: and to be clear, when I say broadly that the US 'should' do x or 'would have been justified' in doing y, I say those things in the strictest sense. I don't think the US would ever go to war purely to prevent genocide. US foreign policy has been continuously, wildly destructive for 70 years. Preventing a Uighur genocide would never be anything more than a thin pretext for any actions against China

guess who got sanctioned, bro

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

lol can we not

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

also "Biden, cognizant of the missteps that plagued the administration of former President Barack Obama from his former perch as the vice president" like he had nothing to do with any of it is lol

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

fl*ffy s*nders

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

this actually isn't making fun of the * thing, i'm not joking about the namesearching himself part

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

DownPadre

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

Yinlock posted:

this actually isn't making fun of the * thing, i'm not joking about the namesearching himself part

*turns off monitor*
fluffdaddy fluffdaddy fluffdaddy

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Be careful, friend. The Lintfather's eyes are everywhere.

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

docbeard posted:

Anyway, all US domestic policy is also foreign policy because we exist at the expense of poorer nations in pretty much every aspect everything is interconnected.
Immigration policy is also distinct from foreign policy in that SCOTUS I wonder if there were a law specifically giving Latin American countries higher immigration quotas (plus Iraq+Afghanistan+Syria), as opposed to our 400,000 evenly split between countries regardless of their populations, if it'd be struck down by a judge for being discriminatory, even though the foreign policy itself is legally allowed to be discriminatory with SCOTUS ruling Congress can't make a law to constrain it.

galenanorth has issued a correction as of 14:34 on Apr 19, 2021

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

docbeard posted:

Be careful, friend. The Lintfather's eyes are everywhere.

eiderdown elder

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

The constant dunking on Obama to sell the Mastermind Biden narrarive is really funny when you step away from how creepy it is in the first place.

I'm waiting on these bold changes I'm constantly being told about that always seem to be a bunch of committees and whatever.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Eggplant Squire posted:

The constant dunking on Obama to sell the Mastermind Biden narrarive is really funny when you step away from how creepy it is in the first place.

I'm waiting on these bold changes I'm constantly being told about that always seem to be a bunch of committees and whatever.

it's mostly to establish biden as the Farthest Left possible, perhaps even too far left

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Raskolnikov38 posted:

It's just funny that it's always mod sass that does it. Mods get a million good spots to pull the trigger and tell someone to gently caress off yet always pick the one time that will piss people off.

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

mastermind biden is literally qanon. like "we elected a loving piece of poo poo and they're not doing everything I want? must be a secret plan and any day now they'll arrest hillary clinton trumo"

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

alarumklok posted:

mastermind biden is literally qanon. like "we elected a loving piece of poo poo and they're not doing everything I want? must be a secret plan and any day now they'll arrest hillary clinton trumo"

Qanon's basically just the old 11-dimensional chess arguments writ large to the point of absurdity.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Thin blue line only the line is bisecting every mods house and one side of the line is marked "shameless bootlicking to evil pedophiles" and the otherside is marked "being a literal pedophile" but the fridge is on one side and the toilet is on the other

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

gradenko_2000 posted:

"half of America are insane chuds, and the other half are obsessed with scoring woke points and policing political correctness. China doesn't believe in any of that, so they get poo poo done, and the US has lost"

it's actually a little more insidious than that if you watch it, because Maher has all these little asides:

* you shouldn't care that I use racial slurs, the Chinese sure don't because they're too busy building cities
* environmental regulations suck - it takes decades to get anything done while China just makes a train in a week
* China is great because their kids are already back in school, while American kids are still taking Zoom calls (implying that we should OPEN ER UP)
* the progressive left is demanding that universities drop meritocratic gatekeeping in favor of racial equity and representation. I don't think CHINA does that, and that's part of why they're better than us
* China also doesn't entertain such silly notions as university courses for the humanities and sociology

that last bit was especially funny because Maher of course also backstops his argument with "we shouldn't become authoritarian genocidaires like the Chinese, but there's got to be a better way than our current Congressional gridlock"... but if you're not studying social sciences, how exactly are you going to prevent that from happening?

Bill Maher the N-word Guy

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Yinlock posted:

just spell his name wrong on purpose as a joke the same strategy the trump thread uses to prevent trump from finding their posts about him

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Some Guy TT posted:

just spell his name wrong on purpose as a joke the same strategy the trump thread uses to prevent trump from finding their posts about him

TLOPR!!!

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://mobile.twitter.com/firefly909/status/1384129674431795208

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

a jackass kicking me in the dick repeatedly sounds about right for dems

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://mobile.twitter.com/firefly909/status/1384130808596684804

didnt we already praise biden for doing this though

Adbot