Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

John Dudebro
Dec 3, 2013

BGrifter posted:

Who’s the funniest person Disney/Amazon/whatever could hire to run a newly acquired WWE?

me. i assume this post qualifies as an application

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

TV Zombie posted:

Since Peacock is affiliated with NBC, I dare to wonder what's on NBC on Wednesday nights as unrealistic as that would be.

A solid block of Chicago Med/Fire/PD that gets the same .5 Demo as SD but far more viewers, so probably a higher ad buy.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

not being professional wrestling automatically makes it a higher ad buy.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

DarkstarIV posted:

POST Wrestling and PWInsider are reporting that Slapjack and Mia Yim were moved to Smackdown.

No word if they'll actually show up on TV though.

I gotta say, I didn't see Slapjack being the Big E of the group.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Astro7x posted:

A solid block of Chicago Med/Fire/PD that gets the same .5 Demo as SD but far more viewers, so probably a higher ad buy.

They brought back Kids Say AGAIN? :psyduck:

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

BGrifter posted:

Oh god. I think I just thought of the worst one.

Joss Whedon

this is what I was going to say

the fiend is back but this time he quips constantly

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Vandar posted:

They brought back Kids Say AGAIN? :psyduck:

Somethings are eternal, not even the Cosby stain can damage kids saying ridiculous things.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

BGrifter posted:

Who’s the funniest person Disney/Amazon/whatever could hire to run a newly acquired WWE?

David Lynch

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

The Notorious ZSB posted:

Somethings are eternal, not even the Cosby stain can damage kids saying ridiculous things.

i blended this and the post above it together in my mind and now i really want disney to buy wwe and make the firefly funhouse into an actual kids show

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

JOHN CENA posted:

not being professional wrestling automatically makes it a higher ad buy.

It doesn't actually work that way, and never has.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

BGrifter posted:

Who's in charge of Pizza Hut right now?

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
The Disney thing comes up a lot but it's really apples and oranges when talking about objectionable legacy content. People argue over the right way to handle an old cartoon with racist stereotypes, but at the end of the day there's no easily identifiable public face to pin it on. So while it may be controversial, it's still "scandal-proof" so to speak. They slap a cultural sensitivity disclaimer at the beggining of Aladdin (1992) and call it a day.

Meanwhile a WWE clip may feature an actual living breathing rapist performer onscreen, that's an entirely different type of liability that would not be worth the headache for most companies, even ones with a history of editing things for image reasons.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

I don't get why people thing it would be Disney that buy WWE when they have giant content deals with both Fox and Comcast. It's gonna be one of those two before Disney (it'll be Comcast).

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it's because wwe said they could be disney which slyly brainwashed everyone in the world. haha, wwe as big as disney? that's a pathetic thing to believe. but wwe is associated with disney now. #wow

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Dunno what in the last 15 years coulda convinced us Disney would buy up a property from our childhoods thats still active today.....

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Minidust posted:

Meanwhile a WWE clip may feature an actual living breathing rapist performer onscreen, that's an entirely different type of liability that would not be worth the headache for most companies, even ones with a history of editing things for image reasons.

Convictions, sure... but accusations? Eh, that's a tough one.

I feel like companies only care about accusations when there the public is quite vocal about it. And quite frankly, nobody cares about pro wrestling.

Like Austin pleaded guilty to domestic abuse, has a lot of allegations about being racist, but he's got a show on Peacock.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
interesting fact: when Disney made Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, they hired The Fabulous Moolah to perform all of Snow White's movements for rotoscoping. her name is in the credits.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

Astro7x posted:

Like Austin pleaded guilty to domestic abuse, has a lot of allegations about being racist, but he's got a show on Peacock.
He does?

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
I have never heard a peep regarding potential Stone Cold racism. What's the story behind that?

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
If Disney can get the X-men from Fox, they could probably get the show featuring iconic names such as Slapjack.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I think the fundamental problem is WWE survives under the radar because they're so niche. If you drop them between Marvel and Star Wars that's a higher profile and is the potential liability quagmire really worth the niche audience?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Oh my god.

smikey
May 22, 2004
It's not a hootenanny, it's an extravsganza!

STAC Goat posted:

I think the fundamental problem is WWE survives under the radar because they're so niche. If you drop them between Marvel and Star Wars that's a higher profile and is the potential liability quagmire really worth the niche audience?

Eventually, yes, because Disney wants to own all of pop culture IPs for their TV and movies.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Pylons posted:

Oh my god.

hoooooooooooooooo boy. Least it's not underwear.

Alexander Hamilton
Dec 29, 2008
Any entertainment company would have trouble buying the WWE because presumably all of their performers are currently in a union and WWE's worth is based on their employees getting screwed. I don't think the guy who skates as Goofy during Disney on Ice is paying for his flight to the arena.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

Pylons posted:

Oh my god.

Holy poo poo those are real, they exist and can be purchased from WWE.

Amazing!

Edit: AND THEY HAVE ZUBAZ

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Pylons posted:

Oh my god.

LET MEIN

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

smikey posted:

Eventually, yes, because Disney wants to own all of pop culture IPs for their TV and movies.

Its not like a quest and they have to collect all of the IPs. They do it because its profitable. If WWE is more hassle than its worth than its not worth it. And its not just a IP you can make future movies with. Its this complicated, messy ongoing year long traveling circus with hundreds of employees all employed under questionably legal contracts that gets its current value largely from doing weekly live television shows.

I just think wrestling fans inflate the value and presence of wrestling.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Pylons posted:

Oh my god.

Omg I need these

smikey
May 22, 2004

STAC Goat posted:

Its not like a quest and they have to collect all of the IPs. They do it because its profitable. If WWE is more hassle than its worth than its not worth it. And its not just a IP you can make future movies with. Its this complicated, messy ongoing year long traveling circus with hundreds of employees all employed under questionably legal contracts that gets its current value largely from doing weekly live television shows.

I said eventually, on a long enough timeline if Disney isn't itself purchased by some other company it or a company like it will try and acquire the WWE just to have it.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Pylons posted:

Oh my god.

:ohno:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

STAC Goat posted:

Absolutely

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Did y'all forget that the Mouse already owns the Fox tv networks? the only Fox items not owned by Disney these days are Fox News and Fox Business. Literally everything else, their sports, all their pop culture IPs, all owned by the mouse now.

The only OG Fox properties are the explicitly racist and hateful ones, they let the mouse buy the rest a year or two ago. Disney already allows the product to exist under their umbrella in a fashion. Maybe i'm misunderstanding it, but it really seemed like the only TV channels Fox kept in that merger were the newsy bullshit ones.

vvvv ah that makes sense the barest amount of anti trust monoply efforts.

The Notorious ZSB fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Apr 19, 2021

smikey
May 22, 2004

Did y'all forget that the Mouse already owns the Fox tv networks? the only Fox items not owned by Disney these days are Fox News and Fox Business. Literally everything else, their sports, all their pop culture IPs, all owned by the mouse now.

The only OG Fox properties are the explicitly racist and hateful ones, they let the mouse buy the rest a year or two ago.

Disney doesn't own the sports networks, that was sold to SBG, as Disney owns ESPN they were restricted from acquiring the sports networks.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

The only OG Fox properties are the explicitly racist and hateful ones, they let the mouse buy the rest a year or two ago. Disney already allows the product to exist under their umbrella in a fashion. Maybe i'm misunderstanding it, but it really seemed like the only TV channels Fox kept in that merger were the newsy bullshit ones.

vvvv ah that makes sense the barest amount of anti trust monoply efforts.

Disney does not own the Fox broadcast networks.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fox_Corporation

blunt fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Apr 19, 2021

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Pylons posted:

Oh my god.

New rule you can only post in this thread while wearing these

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Pylons posted:

Oh my god.
wtf

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Pylons posted:

Oh my god.

I look forward to seeing these shorts everywhere at the next Gathering of the Juggalos. Also I want the version of those shorts where that is accidentally written over your rear end.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Jiro posted:

I look forward to seeing these shorts everywhere at the next Gathering of the Juggalos. Also I want the version of those shorts where that is accidentally written over your rear end.

Accidentally?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Omg I need these
just for round the house like