Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Someone was telling me that Halo Infinite is going to be some open-world looter shooter and let me tell you, I'm about that if they did it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

This game just keeps on looking increasingly awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fckQom8gTvA

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

My wife and I want the new OOTP to come to game pass.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Bomb Rush Cyberfunk sounding right.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Oh gently caress rock band on the series x basically has no loading once you go through the initial startup and the game "finds" all your dlc

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Doctor Nutt posted:

Oh gently caress rock band on the series x basically has no loading once you go through the initial startup and the game "finds" all your dlc

I really wish somebody made rockband drums. I guess I play them too hard and always make the drum membranes detach from the sensors.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Blue Raider posted:

I really wish somebody made rockband drums. I guess I play them too hard and always make the drum membranes detach from the sensors.

Yeah I was just thinking today that despite the fact that it's amazing that my rock band library has been able to follow me across multiple console generations, eventually I won't be able to play because all my peripherals will die and the peripheral market is a big nightmare the last I checked, at least for finding things that function at a reasonable price.

I guess if nothing else as long as I have a usb mic it's a karaoke box.

side note: god drat what a sublime treat to just kick back and get baked af and jam with rock band for a bit

Professor Beetus fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Apr 20, 2021

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Doctor Nutt posted:

Yeah I was just thinking today that despite the fact that it's amazing that my rock band library has been able to follow me across multiple console generations, eventually I won't be able to play because all my peripherals will die and the peripheral market is a big nightmare the last I checked, at least for finding things that function at a reasonable price.

I guess if nothing else as long as I have a usb mic it's a karaoke box.

side note: god drat what a sublime treat to just kick back and get baked af and jam with rock band for a bit

I really want Enter Sandman and Paranoid back.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Blue Raider posted:

I really want Enter Sandman and Paranoid back.

Was Enter Sandman in rock band at all? I have three Metallica songs but I don't remember Enter Sandman ever being playable in rock band.

I couldn't believe how much dlc they are still putting out. Also in some kind of cross promotion hell you can play danger zone as Sterling Archer while rocking a mass effect branded guitar or bass

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Doctor Nutt posted:

Was Enter Sandman in rock band at all? I have three Metallica songs but I don't remember Enter Sandman ever being playable in rock band.

I couldn't believe how much dlc they are still putting out. Also in some kind of cross promotion hell you can play danger zone as Sterling Archer while rocking a mass effect branded guitar or bass

Rock Band 1, yeah. I imagine it didn’t make the transition due to Metallica putting out a Guitar Hero compilation. Paranoid was too, but I don’t know why it was never offered anywhere but the RB1 disc.

E: I distinctly remember Enter Sandman because it was surprisingly easy on expert. Which, lol, Lars.

ixnay
Jun 11, 2002

rainbow dash why are you making such a cool face?!

Doctor Nutt posted:

It was an on disc song in the first game but was one of the songs that never exported off the disc. Same with Battery in RB2.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

I taught myself to play basic drum beats using rockband, and its been a huge plus for when i jam with friends with real instruments.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
Still bust out my white wired Guitar Hero 3 guitar for Beatles Rock Band sometimes. Neat game that'll never happen again. I also enjoy the keyboard with RB3. Xbox360, good stuff there that did not make the jump.

E: huh. Guess people want that guitar. Too bad, I'm keeping it!

TheScott2K fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Apr 20, 2021

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

ixnay posted:

It was an on disc song in the first game but was one of the songs that never exported off the disc. Same with Battery in RB2.

Ah yup my faded memory robbed me of those songs that didn't escape disc format (which loving booooooo to whatever licensing law hell made that happen).

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

TheScott2K posted:

Still bust out my white wired Guitar Hero 3 guitar for Beatles Rock Band sometimes. Neat game that'll never happen again. I also enjoy the keyboard with RB3. Xbox360, good stuff there that did not make the jump.

E: huh. Guess people want that guitar. Too bad, I'm keeping it!

I have one of those full size fender models made with an actual fender body in addition to two wireless xbox 360 rb2 guitars, and I have had to clean battery corrosion out of all of them and it's nerve wracking because I'm sure it would be exceptionally hard to replace the big fender if it were not repairable. The best part about it is that at the time they overproduced for the demand for them (and they were like 150 bucks iirc) and I ended up getting one in some clearance sale on amazon for like 20 bucks or something stupid like that.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Half the time I start playing Jedi Fallen Order from sleep it says my profile changed and it quits to the main menu. Am I doing something wrong or is this game just broken like that

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Probably just EA jank.

American McGay fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Apr 20, 2021

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1384363266864910341?s=19

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Canadian goons: Series X available on Walmart's site right now - https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/xbox-series-x/6000201786332

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

*ahem*

ALL HAIL THE SHOW 21! Slam Diego, bitches!

First game I didn’t get a base hit until the 6th when I loaded the bases and El Niño cranked one out of the yard. Took a few innings to get the the touch and timing but after that Kershaw was my bitch.

The show ‘21 does absolutely everything better than rbi ‘20.
The only downsides I found were that the music playlist wasn’t very well varied (though it did play Ha by Juvenile and I don’t think I’ve heard that in like 5 years plus) and that there was about 8 minutes in between the announcer saying Tommy and Pham.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

SUNKOS posted:

Yeah, typical GaaS where they make money through cosmetics.

I just hope that the multiplayer they release has the three cores of Slayer, Big Team Battle and Firefight.

I know Forge is cool but it kinda sucks when a bunch of Forge maps infest the playlists so I hope that doesn't happen too much this time round. 343 make really good multiplayer maps and they have good visual variety, so I hope they follow the Gears model when it comes to that rather than leaning too much on Forge mode.

They've made some really great additions to the sandbox with Halo 4 & 5 as well so I'm excited to see what new weapons/abilities/vehicles they add with the new game as well.

It was really lame that they relied on forge maps for halo 5. Probably cause they put their actual effort into warzone.

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

elf help book posted:

Half the time I start playing Jedi Fallen Order from sleep it says my profile changed and it quits to the main menu. Am I doing something wrong or is this game just broken like that

If you suspend while at a waypoint, it won't do that, ime.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

for MLB the Show, what settings are you suppose to set the sliders to so you can absolutely crush the AI every time in Franchise mode? :P

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Woop woop Show time. I had to go and get addicted to nhl21 like an idiot, now I gotta split time.

Does the show career mode allow you to be a pitcher?

Edit: reading they changed the career mode and folks don't seem happy.

bushisms.txt fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Apr 20, 2021

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Is there an MLB The Show 21 thread?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

youre in it

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
“MLB The Show” is a really dumb name for a video game

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

"the show" was mlb's own dumb marketing gimmick from like 20 years ago. they paid for the use of emerson lake and palmer's "welcome back my friends to the show that never ends" in add campaigns on tv/radio etc.
baseball wants to be relevant very badly but puts 85% of its games on late weeknights when actual real shows are on so i don't think the marketing move worked too much and has only stuck around at the title of the games.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
Referring to Major League Baseball as "The Show" has been around much longer than that

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

RCarr posted:

Is there an MLB The Show 21 thread?

SAS typically has the sport game threads, I think I checked it out when I got the show 17 or something.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

There is no new thread for the Show 21. Everyone is still using the Show 20 thread. The sports game genre goon population is very small.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

Kevyn posted:

“MLB The Show” is a really dumb name for a video game

Microsoft consoles are dumb name title holders, so this fits well. I am personally looking forward to trying MLB The Show on by Xbox Series X, even though I don't really know how baseball works.

I've played quite a bit using the new Xbox wireless headset I managed to finally get hold of, and it seems really good to me. Connection was instant and super easy, they also turn off automatically when you switch the console off which is nice. Volume being a dial on the earcup is handy too. Sound quality seems great, I've only really played GTA 4 with them but I feel like thats a varied enough title with the music, the gun shots, the random civilian comments - to properly make use of them.

I found some reddit post from a guy that claims to be an expert on the equalizer, so I copied his settings and everything sounds lovely. I also use dolby atmos which probably makes things sound a little better too.

Quick resume is getting a nice new update soon. You can see what's in your QR list, and manually remove games that don't need it. Definitely a nice step up!

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Crafty posted:

Microsoft consoles are dumb name title holders, so this fits well. I am personally looking forward to trying MLB The Show on by Xbox Series X, even though I don't really know how baseball works.

I've played quite a bit using the new Xbox wireless headset I managed to finally get hold of, and it seems really good to me. Connection was instant and super easy, they also turn off automatically when you switch the console off which is nice. Volume being a dial on the earcup is handy too. Sound quality seems great, I've only really played GTA 4 with them but I feel like thats a varied enough title with the music, the gun shots, the random civilian comments - to properly make use of them.

I found some reddit post from a guy that claims to be an expert on the equalizer, so I copied his settings and everything sounds lovely. I also use dolby atmos which probably makes things sound a little better too.

Quick resume is getting a nice new update soon. You can see what's in your QR list, and manually remove games that don't need it. Definitely a nice step up!

Do you mind sharing a link to the eq settings? I haven't really messed with my settings too much because I don't really know what I'm doing. The wireless headset is really something and I wish I'd bought two because I would put one upstairs with the bone x. 150 on ebay is starting to look downright reasonable for these bad boys compared to the situation with gpus or the consoles themselves. :ohdear:

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
The quick resume update will be awesome. I just hope there will be a setting for "never quick resume this game". Like with tekken 7 if it quick resumes you get disconnected and sent through the menus regardless so it's not worth using but sometimes I forget to end the game and it takes up a slot.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
The biggest reason I never bothered with either Sony or ms resume features last console gen is that so many games had always online bullshit shoehorned into them that it always seemed to gently caress something up. This update looks really solid but wish quick resume was implemented like auto HDR which is turned off in incompatible games that look worse.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
Minor leaguers call MLB "the show." It's a term that's real, old, and good.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
Baseball game seems cool so far, except i really hate these modern sports games that give you infinite options for everything. As a pretty casual baseball fan it's pretty overwhelming. The first thing you do after picking a favorite team is pick one of like four or five control schemes for each position. I dunno man, maybe you guys should design the game. It's also weird in that it doesn't really usher a new player into what The Game part of it is. I started up the RPG type mode and it seems cool. but there are just so many options and it doesn't really explain them at a glance.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I said come in! posted:

There is no new thread for the Show 21. Everyone is still using the Show 20 thread. The sports game genre goon population is very small.

Can you link it please? It’s impossible to find.

ixnay
Jun 11, 2002

rainbow dash why are you making such a cool face?!

RCarr posted:

Can you link it please? It’s impossible to find.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3917201

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Mundus
Oct 22, 2010
If you have GPU and wanted to try xcloud on PC or iOS check the email you have attached to your account. I happened to check mine and got an invite.

So far it's pretty good. I live in Hamilton, Ontario and every streaming service I've tried has been dogshit but just played The Show in my browser and it was perfectly playable. Only downside is that you need to have a wireless controller because USB isn't supported yet, oddly enough. It even has support for PS4 controllers if you can connect it wirelessly.

So far no noticeable latency and image quality is acceptable but not as good looking as the real thing as to be expected.