Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug

That's wonderful.

I've seen Mark Henry and Shinsuke Nakamura on the screens and the announcers make sure to let people know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Astro7x posted:

I have not watched the Thunderdome Era of WWE closely... but have we ever gotten a wrestler trolling another wrestler by being on the screens in the background?

Not trolling, but Big E was watching the new day for a while there.

Amazing audio production there. Could anyone hear the question the first time?
(also unsurprisingly they ignored the question)

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

flatluigi posted:

i have not been posting hard enough if you think i know anything about what's happening in the wwe other than what gets highlighted in this thread

glad to hear they're continuing to ruin asuka though

They had Charlotte talking over Asuka constantly and claiming that no one could understand her. Asuka then said she would beat her rear end and called Charlotte a bitch.

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
huh, so they're really trying to test some kind of automatic real-time censoring system for the peacock network

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

"What are types of Power Rangers?"

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Raw https://www.f4wonline.com/wwe-results/wwe-raw-live-results-asuka-vs-charlotte-orton-vs-strowman-339106

Drew McIntyre promo interrupted by MVP saying he didn't recruit T-Bar and Mace. Drew tries to attack MVP, gets ambushed by the ex-Retribution members; backstage they give this godawful promo
Drew finds Adam Pearce backstage and requests a handicap match
Viking Raiders defeat Cedric Alexander and Shelton Benjamin
Randy Orton wants the WWE champ post-Backlash. Riddle interrupts on his scooter and annoys Orton, who later finds Pearce and wants to fight the guy on the scooter (he doesn't know his name and doesn't care to); Orton/Braun was the first match announced for Raw on the weekend and was still promoted as happening hours ago
Charlotte promo interrupted by Asuka and Rhea Ripley
Riddle defeats Orton
Pearce congratulates Sheamus on his US title win and asks him to consider bringing back the open challenge, Sheamus is fine with it
Naomi and Lana defeat Shayna Baszler and Nia Jax after Mandy Rose and Dana Brooke distract Nia by replaying her tripping last week
MizTV with Maryse interrupted by Damian Priest. Maryse says he can have a rematch with Miz, they drink champagne together and then Priest gets doused in the rest of the couple's champagne
Elias defeats Kofi Kingston clean; it's Elias' first singles match win in 11 months
Alexa Bliss talks about Lily being there for her more than any of us. Same jumpscare as last week with the Lily closeup
Drew defeats T-Bar and Mace by DQ after they beat him up without making a tag. Postmatch Braun chases them off
T-Bar and Mace defeat Drew and Braun by DQ after Drew and Braun unmask the ex-Retribution members (Dominik Dijakovic and Brennan Williams respectively) and beat them up with their own masks
Damian Priest defeats Miz despite attempted interference from Maryse
Sheamus kills Humberto Carrillo for trying to accept the challenge
Asuka defeats Charlotte after Rhea stops Asuka from tapping out and Charlotte's distracted by the interference. Charlotte beats up the ref after

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
So in kayfabe Charlotte should be fired after that assault but she will just get a slap on the wrist and a title shot.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

I'm glad that Drew is now feuding with SLAP JACK and TEE BAR so everyone knows for sure he's fully back down in the midcard.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1384345815485923334

So she'll be back in a couple of weeks.

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
lol $100K is comical, almost like a dr evil number. They couldn't figure out a better number than that?

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Kunabomber posted:

lol $100K is comical, almost like a dr evil number. They couldn't figure out a better number than that?

Also worth noting that Charlotte has told us many times that she is incredibly rich and fines like that mean nothing towards her. She'll be back conveniently in time to win MITB.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

I’m glad to see WWE finally adopted a mask policy.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
a strong union would fight an egregious 100,000$ fine. that's 40% of SLAP JACK's salary.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

DarkstarIV posted:

Also worth noting that Charlotte has told us many times that she is incredibly rich and fines like that mean nothing towards her. She'll be back conveniently in time to win MITB.

I mean people liked the Bucks when this was their gimmick

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
so did orton/Braun just not happen at all

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

kitten emergency posted:

so did orton/Braun just not happen at all

Don't sit down because this news will absolutely shock you and you'll fall out of your seat, but Vince changed his mind at like 5 PM to scrap the match apparently.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

$100,000 was what they fined Lars for doing racism

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Something about the WWE using "physically abusing" as the language here feels really gross.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Eat My Fuc posted:

The Bucks have charisma, are likable, put people over, have helped contribute positively to the industry...

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
If there is one wrestling trope I'd gladly never see again, it's wrestlers getting huge fines. Might as well make one hundred billion dollars.

JUNGLE BOY posted:

$100,000 was what they fined Lars for doing racism

I still find that hilarious that they fined him, then released him. Like I hope the dude was stupid enough to pay it and then get released. What were they going to do if he didn't pay it? Sue him?

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Eat My Fuc posted:

Pretty sure people did not think that build hit it out of the park or something.

Which is not to say I don't find this Charlotte build immensely boring, but the Bucks/FTR feud was that loving lawn mower joke writ large and then some wishy-washy ankle poo poo.

Although I think one of the Bucks had covid around then?

njsykora posted:

I'm glad that Drew is now feuding with SLAP JACK and TEE BAR so everyone knows for sure he's fully back down in the midcard.
No they already blew giving him the title re-match (which will be the third time him and lashley go at it for the belt in just over a year) so this is just the build to backlash

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Eat My Fuc posted:

Yes. The Bucks are better than Charlotte.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Not in-ring

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Charlotte's been actively godawful in the ring for like two years now.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Kunabomber posted:

I mean it's a fine, not a bankruptcy.

This lol raptorjesus monkeycheese style humor is so 2004. This is some ctrl+alt+del poo poo.

https://streamable.com/d94pbw

I admit I'm a hypocrite cause I woulda bitched about it but I'm SO disappointed they didnt go "OMG THATS DIO AND DOMINIK"

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Blaise330 posted:

I admit I'm a hypocrite cause I woulda bitched about it but I'm SO disappointed they didnt go "OMG THATS DIO AND DOMINIK"

WWE isn't quite desperate enough to claim they have anyone close to the charisma of Dio Brando

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
I just had a hearty laugh flashing back to ctrl+alt+del. The main char's wife got murdered by an xbox, FOR REAL. Like a first gen regular xbox.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Kunabomber posted:

I mean the fines they issue are comical. Didn't Batista once get charged that legit for blading?

Also nice on them establishing de-masking as a face trait. Not even, say, having it as a stip, just do it like assholes.

Wazzu fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Apr 20, 2021

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Astro7x posted:

I still find that hilarious that they fined him, then released him. Like I hope the dude was stupid enough to pay it and then get released. What were they going to do if he didn't pay it? Sue him?

The release was like a year later

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Wazzu posted:

I mean the fines they issue are comical. Didn't Batista once get charged that legit for blading?

Also nice on them establishing de-masking as a face trait. Not even, say, having it as a stip, just do it like assholes.

Drew also murdered Rowan's pet spider, to be fair. Not a nice guy.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Is Charlotte, the referee beater-upperer, a face or a heel?

Is Asuka, the adorably dorky nerd, the heel or face?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Charlotte is the heel, Asuka is the face

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

That can't be true. It makes sense. WWE would never do that.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

$100,000 is a massive fine in the sports world. it would be one of the biggest fines ever handed out to a 'player'. stand up for wwe

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Blaise330 posted:

I just had a hearty laugh flashing back to ctrl+alt+del. The main char's wife got murdered by an xbox, FOR REAL. Like a first gen regular xbox.

Excuse you. It was an Xbox that got turned into a robot. He was a main character for most of the comic's run, show some respect. :colbert:

Edit: I just went to visit the CAD site out of curiosity and oh it looks like they brought the Xbox robot back. Lovely.

Vandar fucked around with this message at 06:44 on Apr 20, 2021

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
k lets not get lost in the sauce with the parodyness, Charlotte is playing a heel.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Blaise330 posted:

If anything it would have to be Dio and Dijakovic, since they already have Dominik Mysterio and having two people with the same first name would be too much of a challenge for Vince to remember.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
man Raw has seriously burned through alot of commentators. loving MACE used to commentate.

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

lmao at riddle beating orton

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

GrimGypsy posted:

lmao at riddle beating orton

When you lose a months-long feud, the best way to rehab you in the eyes of the WWE Universe is to have you win the first match against the guy you will have your next months-long feud with.

Especially if they hold a championship.