Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Question.
This poll is closed.
Yes. 76 50.67%
No. 74 49.33%
Total: 127 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

RFC2324 posted:

Elijah McClain was murdered by cop administered ketamine, so gently caress that excuse

Yeah, that's what I worry is the "next step" after all of this. Cops routinely calling in EMTs to chemically restrain/sedate "difficult/resisting" suspects with Ketamine or Haldol. Then they'll probably figure out a way to bill you for the EMT visit and dispensing of drugs.

"NON-LETHAL RESTRAINT!" :troll:

To say nothing of whether or not you say something self-incriminating while under the influence, they'll claim you said it BEFORE they spiked you up with :catdrugs:.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Yeah, that's what I worry is the "next step" after all of this. Cops routinely calling in EMTs to chemically restrain/sedate "difficult/resisting" suspects with Ketamine or Haldol. Then they'll probably figure out a way to bill you for the EMT visit and dispensing of drugs.

"NON-LETHAL RESTRAINT!" :troll:

To say nothing of whether or not you say something self-incriminating while under the influence, they'll claim you said it BEFORE they spiked you up.

They already had one incident where they killed a kid doing so.

http://csahq.org/news/blog/detail/csa-online-first/2020/07/15/elijah-mcclain-death-by-injectionwed

At this point, cops are going to use it as lethal injection to get around when they can't openly shoot people.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

CommieGIR posted:

They already had one incident where they killed a kid doing so.

I know, that's why I worry that it's "the future."

Imagine cops with tranq darts. "Well, he didn't go down with just one, so we shot him with 53 of them. He went down then!" :v:

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

maffew buildings posted:

Is murdered by racist cop a pre-existing condition?

being black is

poll plane variant
Jan 12, 2021

by sebmojo
Have they done big guard activations if there was going to be a conviction in the past?

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

SchnorkIes posted:

Have they done big guard activations if there was going to be a conviction in the past?

There haven’t been a whole lot of convictions in the past tbh.

The funny part is that even the cops don’t know for sure which way this is gonna go, so everyone is holding their breath. It’s great.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
loving Chauvin sat there for over 9 minutes with his knee on George Floyd's neck and there are tons of camera angles showing the whole thing. If Chauvin walks the country deserves to burn.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
Ft. Hood, after having one of their female Soldiers murdered for the egregious affront of wanting to serve her nation and being in a culture that enables violent, misogynistic sociopaths, does the right thing
https://www.kcentv.com/video/news/l...c8-498814f2d69e

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Mr. Nice! posted:

loving Chauvin sat there for over 9 minutes with his knee on George Floyd's neck and there are tons of camera angles showing the whole thing. If Chauvin walks the country deserves to burn.

The cops are once again cracking down on journalists and every Republican state is making protesting while black a felony. The country already deserves it.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

maffew buildings posted:

https://twitter.com/DineshDSouza/status/1384199942068047872

Pretty cool how many people actually believe this bullshit.

Hey Dinesh: suck my D'ick from the back.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Stultus Maximus posted:

The cops are once again cracking down on journalists and every Republican state is making protesting while black a felony. The country already deserves it.

Yeah the match is already lit and the GOP openly admitting their goal is total power legally or illegally says all you need to know.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Everyone will now forever have a monument to the time her fellow soldiers raped and killed your daughter.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

Mr. Nice! posted:

Everyone will now forever have a monument to the time her fellow soldiers raped and killed your daughter.

Senior officers are just politicians, and the only thing politicians love more than power is cutting ribbons.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
In much more cryptic news, Doc Hammer was interviewed recently. At the end the person asked about the venture bros. This was his response:

"I can't talk about Venture Brothers, I'm not allowed to speak of it. If I am or am not doing anything with it, I'm sure there's a nondisclosure agreement about it both ways. So all I can tell you now is Venture Brothers was canceled."

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Fritz Mondale died.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Mr. Nice! posted:

In much more cryptic news, Doc Hammer was interviewed recently. At the end the person asked about the venture bros. This was his response:

"I can't talk about Venture Brothers, I'm not allowed to speak of it. If I am or am not doing anything with it, I'm sure there's a nondisclosure agreement about it both ways. So all I can tell you now is Venture Brothers was canceled."

Don't quite need someone as crypto breaking as the Alchemist to figure out good things might be coming

https://youtu.be/sa2ulu6xoxQ

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Mr. Nice! posted:

That sounds like good news to me, especially the past tense.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
The source was this podcast linked in the TVIV thread. I haven't actually listened to it. He apparently said it toward the end.

https://post-punk.com/post-punk-podcast-episode-4-doc-hammer/?fbclid=IwAR18UPI_hxVyF-K5d-jWYxVc3iyi8Qk_PliFOm_PRNNxPEF3J2tjEKzIhnk

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Lol is the current poo poo making the rounds on CNN that the judge says that Maxine Waters' comments today could be grounds for a mistrial? loving lmao

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

orange juche posted:

Lol is the current poo poo making the rounds on CNN that the judge says that Maxine Waters' comments today could be grounds for a mistrial? loving lmao

I'll defer to Mr. Nice, Esq to verify this, but it's basically just the judge being buttmad about a thing and saying "hey, this might be an issue on appeal". The judge already denied the mistrial motion. So good luck to the defense attorney trying to prove that someone on the jury became prejudiced by that comment, especially considering we just came from the Donald Trump Era where he commented on every case ever and this is just some Congresswoman.

Basically, legal analysts on TV are godawful.

https://twitter.com/Popehat/status/1384271664700039171

https://twitter.com/Popehat/status/1384274172637896715

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020
Just remembered for no reason at all that a section leader in our mortar platoon, some hard-on moto sergeant, had a tramp stamp EGA, loving lolé

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Eason the Fifth posted:

tramp stamp EGA

like an EGA, in the traditional tramp stamp position, what the fuckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk :hmbol:

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020
Lol yeah man exactly what you'd think
This was like 2002, this lmbo has legs

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Eason the Fifth posted:

Just remembered for no reason at all that a section leader in our mortar platoon, some hard-on moto sergeant, had a tramp stamp EGA, loving lolé

How do you get a tramp stamp that's a mid-1980s color graphics adapter?

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

How do you get a tramp stamp that's a mid-1980s color graphics adapter?

YOSPOS bithc

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender
Like you've never lost a bet

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

Eason the Fifth posted:

rah

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Eason the Fifth posted:

Lol yeah man exactly what you'd think
This was like 2002, this lmbo has legs

2002 so peak loving moto time too, this song came out that year gently caress lmao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruNrdmjcNTc

Toby keith came out to the ship and visited as a uso tour, man stayed absolute drunk as fcuk the entire time and didn't want to do any autographs or shake hands or anything, what a turd

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
"the world needs dicks cus dicks gently caress assholes!"

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

facialimpediment posted:

I'll defer to Mr. Nice, Esq to verify this, but it's basically just the judge being buttmad about a thing and saying "hey, this might be an issue on appeal". The judge already denied the mistrial motion. So good luck to the defense attorney trying to prove that someone on the jury became prejudiced by that comment, especially considering we just came from the Donald Trump Era where he commented on every case ever and this is just some Congresswoman.

Basically, legal analysts on TV are godawful.

https://twitter.com/Popehat/status/1384271664700039171

https://twitter.com/Popehat/status/1384274172637896715

If the jury is too loving stupid to realize that there's going to be violence if they don't convict then there's no way that Maxine Waters is going to have any impact on them.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Anytime that chicken hawk no talent gently caress comes up, I have to remind the room of the Kris Kristofferson incident.

https://www.nashvillescene.com/news/article/13028196/apparently-someone-does-remember-the-toby-keithkris-kristofferson-incident

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I wish he'd been a cowboy, learned how to rope and ride, bore the loving horses with his guitar on a cattle drive.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

I never said anything good about the guy lmao

He's a no talent piece of crap that sailed to fame on a wave of patriotism

E: I bet the horse would have bit him to get him to shut up

orange juche fucked around with this message at 07:12 on Apr 20, 2021

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
The other part is you have to show a juror actually heard what she said outside of the court. They’re under instruction from the judge to not watch any news or talk about the case.

There definitely will be appeals by Chauvin if he is found guilty, but as of now I don’t know of any good reason they should be successful.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Maxine Waters is right and it’s about time a politician loving went there. gently caress the irresponsible statement poo poo. It’s irresponsible to keep letting cops kill people.

Laughing Zealot
Oct 10, 2012

Is there any idea how long we have to wait before a verdict is reached?

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Why is Maxine being taken seriously as an excuse after 4 years of Trump lying constantly and saying the most illegal things on conduct?

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

:decorum:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Crab Dad posted:

Why is Maxine being taken seriously as an excuse after 4 years of Trump lying constantly and saying the most illegal things on conduct?

Because both sides and really when you think about it aren't Dems the real racists?

It's the unfortunate reality of propaganda, what Fox covers becomes the news.