Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
i'm surprised how much the Sydals have grown on me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

smarxist posted:

weird that really good wresters would grow on people from watching them wrestle!

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Alaois posted:

"I met Don Callis one time and my hair fell out"

I love tall paul

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

smarxist posted:

The sydals are great. They'll deliver a good match with cool moves in it, and Matt's gear is really cool

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Alaois posted:

weird that really good wresters would grow on people from watching them wrestle!

What if, instead, they made them look like absolute goobers and then broke them up?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

just don't look up pictures of Matt's foot

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I say this every other week about random pairs, but for real, Takeshita and Limelight should get a best of 5 series.

God these sequences

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A DEVASTATING blue thunder bomb

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

I've never seen someone emphasize the "Bomb" part of the Blue Thunder Bomb like Takeshita

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
wow, Limelight's stock soaring rn

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Limelight is one pin on Nak away from getting the #ALLELITE post

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Alaois posted:

just don't look up pictures of Matt's foot

Is it gnarley or distressingly beautiful

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

AVOIDS ALL OF KENNY'S FINISHERS. DANNY LIMELITE

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
holy gently caress, these sequences are awesome as poo poo

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I BIT THROUGH MY LIP

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Takeshita gets avtag rope. Him and ftr

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

that was a GNARLY kick

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

HOLY poo poo

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

rest in yoga

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Matt underestimating how hard it is to tie up mike

punchdaily
Nov 8, 2010
Takeshita might have the best German suplex, and that was maybe the coolest one I've seen yet.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Give takeshita the title, I don't care which one

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Takeshita slipping out of that German suplex pin after the win was so drat smooth.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

TV Zombie posted:

Takeshita slipping out of that German suplex pin after the win was so drat smooth.

Shanna getting stuck in a bridge remains very funny to me

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Her style is new but the face is the same as it was so long ago...
I've watched a decent amount of DDT, but Takeshita still pulling out some surprises even this early on in AEW, plus I know he's got a few things left in reserve that could really blow the doors off if he gets the chance. Praying for a TNT Title match while he's over here. poo poo, might as well set my sights higher and hope he gets a match against Kenny.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
stu greyson has a loving 8 pack

oc was so loving funny with remsberg after the best friends match

leyla and ryo have amazing chemistry, ryo really brought leyla out of her shell

lol limelight really slammed into omega great main event

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
yeah limelight really loving got over in that match, yow

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Elevated Darkthoughts

Daytime show.

1) Hangmin Page vs Spencer Slade. Fast start here, nice bit of backstory for Spencer Slade. Hell of a sprint of a match, and that powermbomb-to-pin was neat.

2) Britt Baker vs Tesha Price. Tesha feels like she's getting closer and closer to time to step up. She's doing fun character stuff, her in ring is definitely improving. You could have fun with her in your undercard. Neat kicks from her too. Britt is doing some great bullying. Tesha is doing some great facial expressions. They're giving Tesha a lot here. Obviously the result will be what it will be, but Britt's having a harder time getting there than she thought she would. Pretty good match.

3) Jurassic Express vs Jay Lion and Midas Black. Expecting some fun nonsense here. Kind of impressed by Team Circus tbh. They've got their shtick down, they're having fun, and they'll stick in your mind. Absolutely loved the bit where Midas Black was being passed back and forth. Not a long match, but silly and fun.

4) TH2 vs Morales and Montoya. Expecting a good lucha... thing here. Morales is always impressive, Evans is always a douche, let's get the nonsense going. The glee that Angelico has when he's going to grapple someone is great. Good short match.

Nice interview package with The Acclaimed. God, Bowens is such a natural face. He heels pretty well, but the way he talks about Max and hypes up his friend is just absolute good guy energy. "We're hugging"

5) Starks and Cage vs Mike Magnum and Stone Rockwell. Enjoying the look of Stone Rockwell. Like wrestling having burly dudes. Cage throwing guys around is great. I love that Tall Paul is appreciating that guys can be more than just big. Stone Rockwell is an unpolished gem at this point. He's got great strength and good ring presence and just needs someone to get him a bit crisper and more aggressive and he'll be a lot of fun to watch in the ring. Absolutely loving the Team Taz performative working together. Nice subtle storytelling.

6) Abadon vs Skye Blue. God I love Abadon so much. So much character, such fun matches. She's heavy on character rather than technique, but that works perfectly. Fun messed up match.

7) Orange Cassidy vs Prince Kai. I like Prince Kai getting the Tenacious D entrance. And then we're done. Okay then.

8) Private Party vs Colt Cabana and Alex Reynolds. Quick start to this, and some great heeling that Tall Paul clearly enjoys. Private Party are a load of fun as heels. This is a super athletic match between one genuinely great team, and two really good members of a great stable. Some really neat stuff between Silver and Cabana, and I liked the storytelling on who the legal man was. Private Party are on their way up.

9) Shawna Reed vs Thunder Rosa. Reed's gear sure is a series of choices. Oh, NICE early submission stuff from Thunder Rosa. Nice athletic match with Rosa clearly in the driving seat. A couple of flubs, but a decent and decisive squash match.

10) Kit Sackett and Hayden Backlund vs Best Friends. Kit Sackett is a great wrestler name. You can imagine him facing Dick Murdoch on a WCW undercard in 1991. Trent is so energised here, so happy to be in the ring. Short match, but did a lot to show that Trent is warmed back up.

11) Leyla Hirsch and Ryo Mizunami vs Nyla Rose and Madi Wrenkowski. Justin getting yelled at was great. Leyla has Ryo Shades! gently caress yes, give me the Athletic Butch and Glam Butch team. I really like how much Schiavone and Tall Paul like Hirsch. I would very much like another singles match between Ryo Mizunami and Nyla Rose at some point down the line, but for now I'm happy to watch her Bugs Bunny on Madi. Competitive match with the right end, and I'm delighted that Leyla won with the armbar.

12) Austin Gunn vs Aaron Solow. Solow has really good presence and swagger now. Austin Gunn is by all accounts a really nice guy. I kind of want to see him die here. Aaron is a good aggressive heel here, showboating for QT in a really effective manner. Very good match up to the Quick Draw. You didn't need to protect Austin loving Gunn here. You want the heels to be dominant early on in this angle.

13) Ethan Page and Scorpio Sky vs Carlie Bravo and Dean Alexander. For two guys who are brand new, Bravo and Alexander have good skills and good chemistry. Couple of awkward spots (the "woah woah woah" spot was dumb) but both of them are getting there. Double dropkick spot was NICEly done. Sky and Page are rounding out their heeling skills nicely. Quick win for Page and Sky, but enjoyable match.

Set up for a QT / Billy match. I'd be fine with that

14) The Sydals and Danny Limelight vs Kenny Omega, Konosuke Takeshita, and Michael Nakazawa. Danny Limelight is smooth as gently caress. Kenny and Nak are being fun dumb idiots. And then we get Takeshita tag in and a wrestling match happens. This is house show bullshit in the best way. Love Limelight getting a catching fire moment. And the Sydals are always fun. Here's a fun idea for a lower card feud: Sydals vs TH2. Start with Angelico vs Mike, then Jack vs Matt, do a trios match with Limelight and someone else included, then finish with a number one contenders tag match. That's four weeks of TV there for you. Anyway, back to this really awesome match. Limelight vs Takeshita have such absolutely unreal chemistry. Their stuff just looks so good together. And Limelight is looking like a hero in this match. Fighting out of the snapdragon setup TWICE looked great. Jesus, the heart on this kid, and oh my GOD that DDT. I can only assume he's already signed because he looks absolutely amazing here. loving hell, that corner to corner dropkick from Takeshita. This was an awesome match. I know Takeshita is just here on a working holiday but Big Biceps Tony needs to fill his hotel room from floor to ceiling with bricks of cash to make him stay.

Sleepy Elevation to start, but there were a couple of really great matches on here.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

That's the last Takeshita match in AEW for now but he intends to come back.

https://twitter.com/Takesoup/status/1384310398321496064?s=19

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

punchdaily posted:

Takeshita might have the best German suplex, and that was maybe the coolest one I've seen yet.

I hosed up and double posted and blame my phone

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 10:41 on Apr 20, 2021

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

punchdaily posted:

I nominate Kento Miyahara's straitjacket German

Anyway, glad Takeshita had a good outing and is coming back to Sauna Club reinvigorated. AEW should bring in Yuki Ueno next. Or bring across Eruption if they are bold enough to do intergender trios matches. And the Endo vs Omega match needs to happen sometime soon, whether in Japan or America.

And if you want Takeshita to watch then catch his Last Man Standing battle with Yoshihiko from last summer: https://m.bilibili.com/video/av925876888 (skip to 165:37 for the build video)

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
Just catching up and I wanted to say that I love that Hirsch's armbar is treated like death. She gets it and Madi immediately taps. More submissions should be instant kill moves.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

forkboy84 posted:

I nominate Kento Miyahara's straitjacket German

Anyway, glad Takeshita had a good outing and is coming back to Sauna Club reinvigorated. AEW should bring in Yuki Ueno next. Or bring across Eruption if they are bold enough to do intergender trios matches. And the Endo vs Omega match needs to happen sometime soon, whether in Japan or America.

And if you want Takeshita to watch then catch his Last Man Standing battle with Yoshihiko from last summer: https://m.bilibili.com/video/av925876888 (skip to 165:37 for the build video)
I'm not sure they bring in Eruption right now but I could definitely see Higuchi being the next one to do a mini-excursion.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Really looking forward to the Hirsch/Nyla match that a COVID exposure stole from us.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

While I'd like to see Eruption vs a wide range of different people, the one that instantly came to mind was Eruption vs Best Friends and Kris Stat. I want to see Trent? and Sakaguchi Strong Style each other. I also want to see a Best Friends parody of the Eruption entrance video where Chuck Taylor trips over a sleeping Orange Cassidy.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Really looking forward to the Hirsch/Nyla match that a COVID exposure stole from us.

:sickos:

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Abadon pulling up her own head by her hair ruled.

Abadon rules.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

SonicRulez posted:

Just catching up and I wanted to say that I love that Hirsch's armbar is treated like death. She gets it and Madi immediately taps. More submissions should be instant kill moves.

AEW is actually good at making sure that the struggle to escape or get the move locked in is the real drama with submission moves. Nobody should be fighting to the ropes while an armbar is cinched in which loving plagues WWE.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Layla tagging with Ryo should effectively silence the join Team Taz calls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

fez_machine posted:

Layla tagging with Ryo should effectively silence the join Team Taz calls

They should both join OP