Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Question.
This poll is closed.
Yes. 76 50.67%
No. 74 49.33%
Total: 127 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Laughing Zealot posted:

Is there any idea how long we have to wait before a verdict is reached?

No clue. Real deliberations won't start in earnest until this morning. It is possible they could reach a unanimous guilty verdict this morning. I don't think we get a unanimous acquittal or a hung jury on day one, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
It should take significantly less 8 minutes and 46 seconds to decide if Chauvin is guilty.

I don’t know how you watch that video and think “well, maybe he didn’t”

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I can feel myself getting stressed and pissed off about this poo poo and I know I can’t be the only one so if you got a pup take them for a walk or smoke some weed (it’s 4/20 y’all) or do anything else away from the bullshit. Try not to obsess over it like I want to.

E: in fact if you’d like you can chain probate me until the verdict and if it’s not guilty just ban me.

I apologize in advance to anyone I might yell at in this thread over the next few days. I’m just over it.

boop the snoot fucked around with this message at 13:40 on Apr 20, 2021

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

boop the snoot posted:

I can feel myself getting stressed and pissed off about this poo poo and I know I can’t be the only one so if you got a pup take them for a walk or smoke some weed (it’s 4/20 y’all) or do anything else away from the bullshit. Try not to obsess over it like I want to.

E: in fact if you’d like you can chain probate me until the verdict and if it’s not guilty just ban me.

I apologize in advance to anyone I might yell at in this thread over the next few days. I’m just over it.

Dude - we are all right there with you. You don't need to be probated or banned. Anyone justifying acquittal should be yelled at. I hope the jury does the right thing. This poo poo has gone on far too long, and I really cannot blame anyone for being pissed.

poll plane variant
Jan 12, 2021

by sebmojo

boop the snoot posted:

It should take significantly less 8 minutes and 46 seconds to decide if Chauvin is guilty.

The fundamental purpose of American law is to protect but never bind powerful whites and bind but never protect anyone else. That's the sole lens to look at it through. If he walks, it's not a miscarriage of justice, it's the system working as intended.

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

boop the snoot posted:

I would like to meet the person that sees "reasonable doubt" on this one.

If, big if, he walks, how long will it be until his supporters in the jury are named and shamed?

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Gbs weed thread is aiming to hit page 420 today, so if the trial poo poo gets to you, smoke a doob and join the rambling.

There's no way in hell we hit page 710 by July though. Not without a lot of nonsense posting.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
What're the odds the bailiff told them to do the right thing or else and gave them a big ole wink

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

Crab Dad posted:

Why is Maxine being taken seriously as an excuse after 4 years of Trump lying constantly and saying the most illegal things on conduct?

I'm pretty sure Trump's choice quotes have made their way into a number of legal briefs and motions as well

ASAPI posted:

If, big if, he walks, how long will it be until his supporters in the jury are named and shamed?

Hopefully they got everyone that was cop-adjacent off of the jury. That's about the only group of people I would imagine would even consider acquitting

Grip it and rip it fucked around with this message at 14:33 on Apr 20, 2021

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

There's no way in hell we hit page 710 by July though. Not without a lot of nonsense posting.

GBS isn’t CSPAM, but they’ll give a good effort I’m sure :unsmith:

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Whoopsiedoodles. Of course, he learned nothing from any of it.

https://twitter.com/MCmuckraker/status/1384496201458987008?s=19

Personally, I'm expecting the Chauvin jury to take a little while due to the three different flavors of charge that they could find him guilty with, depending on the culpability. Probably would get one of the lessers if there wasn't a bunch of cops testifying against him, don't really have a guess now.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
I'm fully expecting a deadlocked jury.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

facialimpediment posted:

Whoopsiedoodles. Of course, he learned nothing from any of it.

https://twitter.com/MCmuckraker/status/1384496201458987008?s=19

Personally, I'm expecting the Chauvin jury to take a little while due to the three different flavors of charge that they could find him guilty with, depending on the culpability. Probably would get one of the lessers if there wasn't a bunch of cops testifying against him, don't really have a guess now.

Woulda been nice if he died painfully and slowly of it.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

That Works posted:

Woulda been nice if he died painfully and slowly of it.

There's a "Stranglehold" joke to be made somehow/somewhere...

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

CommieGIR posted:

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
As long as he passes the covid on to kid rock before he dies.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Plywood is going back up on some of the storefronts in downtown DC. It first went up last spring following the BLM protests and the clashes with the Gestapo BORTAC and Bureau of Prisons goons that Trump had flown in, stayed up for most of the summer, came down briefly then went back up in anticipation of January 6, then started coming down a few weeks after the inauguration.

It must be a great and lucrative time to work in wholesale lumber.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

CommieGIR posted:

Yup, just takes one dickhead. I’d have a hard time not beating the poo poo out of that person if I were part of the jury.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

why it just so happens the price of lumber has set a new all-time high every single day this month.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

fknlo posted:

Yup, just takes one dickhead. I’d have a hard time not beating the poo poo out of that person if I were part of the jury.

Considering how the jury selection went and some of the questions they asked, there's going to be one if not two of those dickheads.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

ASAPI posted:

They'll all be on Carlson getting annointed into the grift club the same day. Owning the libs on that level is gonna move a lot of books.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Soccer (football, whatever) is doing its best to shoot itself in the dick on the altar of capitalism it seems.

https://twitter.com/benwinston/status/1384333967113932800

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Why does he sound shocked

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

That Works posted:

Soccer (football, whatever) is doing its best to shoot itself in the dick on the altar of capitalism it seems.

https://twitter.com/benwinston/status/1384333967113932800

Eh, kinda surprised they didn't see this coming a decade ago. All the clubs are paying outrageous salaries, its just another business and has been for some time.

Rolling Stone article on the Fort Bragg murders and how SpecOps guys are basically gone hog wild on murdering each other over drug deals

https://www.rollingstone.com/culture/culture-features/fort-bragg-murders-1153405/

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Apr 20, 2021

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
professional sports is a blight upon the public. we subsidize it to the tune of tens of billions a year around the world.

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA

Proud Christian Mom posted:

professional sports is a blight upon the public. we subsidize it to the tune of tens of billions a year around the world.
Hell must have frozen over: I agree with a PCM post.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Rumblings that the Superleague might collapse already, so it was probably on shakier ground than people thought.

https://twitter.com/MartinLipton/status/1384569708037431305

Arguably this is kind of why the NCAA hasn't gone anywhere over the years - hard to dislodge money once it's entrenched in there.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

facialimpediment posted:

Rumblings that the Superleague might collapse already, so it was probably on shakier ground than people thought.

https://twitter.com/MartinLipton/status/1384569708037431305

Arguably this is kind of why the NCAA hasn't gone anywhere over the years - hard to dislodge money once it's entrenched in there.

Ty James Corden.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

facialimpediment posted:

Someone explain this to

1) Not sportsball pay attenioners

2) An American

Please.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Defenestrategy posted:

Someone explain this to

2) An American

Please.

The NCAA is the main organizing body of college athletics in the US. They make billions every year but the players get nothing.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Imagine if the two worst teams in MLB got thrown out of the league and had to play AAA Minor the next year, and the two best AAA teams moved up to MLB.

That's how european football actually works, and billionaires who have been buying the top-level teams have tried to change this to protect their investments, first by trying and failing to change the rules of the top level league and now, yesterday, quite literally taking their ball and going home and saying "Well fine, we'll just start our own league, with whiskey and hookers"

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

That sounds a super cool way to do sports gently caress billionaires

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Defenestrategy posted:

Someone explain this to

2) An American

Please.

https://twitter.com/Bry_Mac/status/1384574124773847042?s=19

Outside of the "relegation" poo poo covered well by IGA, I believe in American sports terms, the Superleague was going to be only the major market, "good" teams, like a league made up of the New York Yankees and Boston Red Sox. Like if California/Florida/New York/Texas just decided to split off from the USA and form their own country because they're the important states. And then those states/teams would never get kicked out for sucking.

Predictably, the current league, well-entrenched as an institution, went "well gently caress you, then your players don't get to participate in the world cup / olympics / etc good luck keeping your players". If Texas decided to secede from the union, it's not like they automatically get to keep Fort Bliss and Fort Hood and it's not like those soldiers are all Texans to begin with :v:

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Apr 20, 2021

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

I'm torn between my hatred of sports, billionaires, and euros on this issue

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

facialimpediment posted:

Predictably, the current league, well-entrenched as an institution, went "well gently caress you, then your players don't get to participate in the world cup / olympics / etc good luck keeping your players". If Texas decided to secede from the union, it's not like they automatically get to keep Fort Bliss and Fort Hood and it's not like those soldiers are all Texans to begin with :v:
There's a lot of loving Texans which didn't understand this.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
https://twitter.com/K_Schallhorn/status/1384251613670297610?s=19

https://twitter.com/K_Schallhorn/status/1384267116606418945?s=19

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

A skinny mike huckabee thing going on

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
Cops continue to be trash

https://twitter.com/anoncatnews/status/1382872561000718342?s=20

https://twitter.com/QasimRashid/status/1383074710758551555?s=20

Incoming...

https://twitter.com/jimsciutto/status/1384590386849533953?s=20

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Apr 20, 2021

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

It's ok, the guy that shot the baby is "deeply concerned" about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Verdict inbound within the hour.

https://twitter.com/webster/status/1384589453490933766?s=20