Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

https://twitter.com/DonnaFrejlev/status/1383903560727887876?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

"During the 116th Congress, she voted with President Donald Trump's position roughly 25% of the time, the third-most of any Democratic senator"

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
"senator i'd like to hang out with" is a very high bar. brown and warnock seem like genuinely nice people. kelly would at least be entertaining with astronaut stories. booker could get you into some hollywood parties but is way too much of a tryhard to be around. tuberville probably throws a good dumb guy party.

grassley would be good to go to dairy queen with for "u kno what"

i've been to BBQs with bernie and he makes it very clear that he does not enjoy being there

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I would like to hang out with a senator in minecraft.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

THS posted:

there are anarchists who want to organize a local food pantry and then there are the ones who find ways to justify western military intervention because they have an incredibly rear end backwards view of geopolitics and/or are paid by the united states government

Most of the obnoxious crypto-imperialist anarchists I've met didn't find their way there by principle so much as contrarianism. They've butted heads with every peer they've ever had and when their peers start saying "hands off China/Cuba/Bolivia/etc" they need to manufacture a way to disagree that still flatters their self-image - it's not that you fell for propaganda, those governments are authoritarian and need to be liberated.

That is not to conflate these people with anarchists that have principled disagreements with authleft/ML positions, many of whom I know to be good comrades. but you'll know exactly which kind of anarchist you're getting within seconds of any foreign policy discussion.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Joementum posted:

"senator i'd like to hang out with" is a very high bar. brown and warnock seem like genuinely nice people. kelly would at least be entertaining with astronaut stories. booker could get you into some hollywood parties but is way too much of a tryhard to be around. tuberville probably throws a good dumb guy party.

grassley would be good to go to dairy queen with for "u kno what"

i've been to BBQs with bernie and he makes it very clear that he does not enjoy being there

i wonder what's Jon Ossoff's favorite video game

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

gradenko_2000 posted:

i wonder what's Jon Ossoff's favorite video game

Red Dead Redemption 2 because it got Nick Mullen's stamp of approval

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019
I want to hang out with the senator in star wars

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Deified Data posted:

His Makhno ep was glowing with praise, iirc. He explicitly framed him as a personal hero.

Makhno was pretty good iirc? Kicked out antisemitic people, fought the white army, tried to do ancom poo poo. I haven't read any of his theory or whatever and I know more about post war Russia but he looked like the best power in Ukraine

Brain Candy
May 18, 2006

MeatwadIsGod posted:

The consequence for the 2020 protests was that mostly only symbolic concessions were made (removal of Confederate statues in the south, etc.).

take symbolic actions, win symbolic prizes

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

gradenko_2000 posted:

Bingo Bob Evans wouldn't dunk on Bakunin, he considers himself an anarchist

dude had a kind word to say about Nestor Makhno of all loving people

It's really funny how growing up andc leaving left you get all this stuff about brave anarchists betrayed by perfidious Soviets. Hell I used to have a positive opinion of Makhno because for years you got drilled into you that he represented both something less authoritarian than Soviet rule and an independent path for ethnic minority that had been abused by the Russian empire and would be abused by the Soviets.

Eventually I realized every Western anarchist cause celebre was utterly defeated by more organized groups and I started to wonder why lift up people who got their rear end kicked by people with their poo poo together shy would I want to emulate that

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

Makhno was pretty good iirc? Kicked out antisemitic people, fought the white army, tried to do ancom poo poo. I haven't read any of his theory or whatever and I know more about post war Russia but he looked like the best power in Ukraine

you should read a bit about his relations with the Bolsheviks!

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
imagine worrying about a pro regime change idiot influencing the left

anyone who’s influenced by that is an idiot and was beyond your help anyway. also why are you a gatekeeper of who self avowed leftists should or should not listen to

THS
Sep 15, 2017

crazy eyes mustafa posted:

anyone who’s influenced by that is an idiot and was beyond your help anyway. also why are you a gatekeeper of who self avowed leftists should or should not listen to

because there are leftists with a lot less information and context than me, and they should be warned or at least informed that someone is a fed- because it doesnt exactly say so on the label. i dont think a lot of people were aware of robert evans’ pro-intervention positions until it was pointed out, and pro-intervention anarchists should absolutely be hounded and made fun of, especially on cspam if they post on this very website

THS has issued a correction as of 17:01 on Apr 20, 2021

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

if it wasn't for anarchists we'd all be speaking german

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

they frequently do

Ansar Santa
Jul 12, 2012

Say what you will, but Makhno had a cool-rear end flag

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

MeatwadIsGod posted:

Red Dead Redemption 2 because it got Nick Mullen's stamp of approval

reminder

https://twitter.com/roun_sa_ville/status/1296888390810509320

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Ella Emhoff gives off the vibes of a Red Scare listener

The Biden granddaughters are probably just true crime podcast listeners. Boring poo poo.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

my bony fealty posted:

you should read a bit about his relations with the Bolsheviks!

Yes I know how it happened but he seems to represent what anarchists think they are

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/MuscleSkoals/status/1383833410620170248?s=20

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Ella Emhoff is just a Matt Lesko bit

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Honest Thief posted:

in my deliriousness i hoped bernie would have tried to dismantle the CIA

well they brought out the heart attack gun for a reason

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

why are you a gatekeeper of who should be the gatekeeper of who self avowed leftists should or should not listen to

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
why not let people just say dumb poo poo? isn't correcting them just as bad as saying dumb poo poo?

makes u think

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
yeah the left is full of stupid people but give them time and they will own themselves thoroughly and consistently

it is funny when people who were pro bernie during the campaign are now like “gently caress I can’t anybody fell for it!!! BERNIE PANDERS!!!” as if to support a political candidate for office you had to be a diehard true believer, and nobody anywhere was just like “yeah this guy has a lifetime history of supporting good policies, in fact, he’s the only guy advocating for any of this positive poo poo, at any level of government or position of power, I think I will throw my lot in with that instead of the ‘nothing will change or get better’ candidates”

but then bernie did the pandemic and rigged the primary against himself, how could we be so fooled??

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014

crepeface posted:

why not let people just say dumb poo poo? isn't correcting them just as bad as saying dumb poo poo?

makes u think

that’s kinda my point. why waste energy saying DONT LISTEN TO ROBERT EVANS like who in this thread are they attempting to convince

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
the people who listen to and recommend robert evans, obviously

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014

crepeface posted:

why are you a gatekeeper of who should be the gatekeeper of who self avowed leftists should or should not listen to

anyone less left than me is an idiot

anyone more left than me is a maniac

Hedenius
Aug 23, 2007

https://twitter.com/leslieleeiii/status/1383765040327626764?s=20

Torpor
Oct 20, 2008

.. and now for my next trick, I'll pretend to be a political commentator...

HONK HONK

that’s kinda my point. why waste energy saying DONT LISTEN TO ROBERT EVANS like who in this thread are they attempting to convince

themselves, sanctimoniousness is a leftist vice.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

a few months ago the Robert Evans defenders were much more numerous

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

lol I was literally convinced to look closer at robert evans in this or another cspam thread. not everyone has the time to pay attention to cia funding and/or everything someone has said that gives them away.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Ella Emhoff is going to be photographed wearing the Red Scare ISIS shirt at some point

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

the very smart leftist that understands dumb, easily convinced people are beyond help

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
lenin: these people are beyond my help. they cant even read

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

anyone less left than me is an idiot

anyone more left than me is a maniac

this but unironically

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014

scary ghost dog posted:

the very smart leftist that understands dumb, easily convinced people are beyond help

more that browbeating people away from something they’ve taken interest in has the inverse effect and draws more attention to the (lack of) credibility of the person doing the disavowal. “why should I listen to the person who thinks my brain is a dumb, easily convinced lump of clay that isn’t yet moulded properly instead of my friend robert evans”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
usually it’s someone denouncing everyone else as trots. “they’re communists too but they’re the wrong kind of communists, we can definitely defeat capitalism with giant schisms running the entire length of our movement” meanwhile capitalism has already eaten the world