Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Excelzior posted:

I'm legit mad that GWB is being rehabilitated by the dems after Trump obliterated the entire Bush dynasty's mystique

It's v maddening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Nichael posted:

Committing war crimes on behalf of war criminals to defend other war criminals.

:hmmyes:

us foreign policy is an ouroboros of war crimes

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

Trump made Jeb Bush cry

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

The Democrats are infested by the neo cons so it makes sense they want to rehabilitate their king.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Eggplant Squire posted:

The Democrats are infested by the neo cons so it makes sense they want to rehabilitate their king.

can't wait for Kissinger to speak at the 2024 DNC

it worked for Powell!

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Excelzior posted:

can't wait for Kissinger to speak at the 2024 DNC

it worked for Powell!

I'm surprised he hasn't already considering him and Hilldawg are best buds.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Popy posted:

Trump made Jeb Bush cry

It owned

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

spacemang_spliff posted:

children cant get covid they're magic

i f***in love SCIENCE!

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Organ Fiend
May 21, 2007

custom title

Excelzior posted:

I'm legit mad that GWB is being rehabilitated by the dems after Trump obliterated the entire Bush dynasty's mystique

Cause

And

Effect

Baby

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

group impeach presidents that committed the same crime, IMO

the group undocumented immigrants set the precedent, though you could say it'd be better to eliminate it entirely than to entrench it

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

THS posted:

you forgot the one unarmed woman to get anywhere near anyone important who immediately got shot to death (no one in congress was ever in danger)

IT WAS A FASCIST UPRISING COUP AND YOURE PROVIDING COVER FOR FASCISTS WHO WERE TOTALLY GONNA DO STUFF IN DQ BUILDERS 2

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/CBCOttawa/status/1384260570363301893

thanks canada

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

joepinetree posted:

the thing about US politics is that, from a macro perspective, there literally is do difference between the parties. Knowing nothing else about the US, would you be able to tell when one party was in power versus the other by looking at the following:

One of the biggest misconceptions liberals (and even many leftists) have is that the Democratic Party represents some sort of progress, even if they believe it's insufficient progress. Even among people who are sympathetic to the left, it's common to hear things like "incremental change isn't enough!" and I feel like this is a big mistake because it is effectively agreeing with the idea that the Democratic Party moves us in a positive direction.

loquacius posted:

joe biden working 12-hour days at the lab

Liberals actually believe something like this. I'm pretty sure that they think Biden is constantly meeting with vaccine producers and doing various negotiations and wheeling/dealing that are somehow important to producing the vaccines faster. In their minds they probably imagine Biden walking quickly through the West Wing while talking with scientists and medical manufacturers.

loquacius posted:

Forgot this one

My boss is always complaining about these dashes, apparently I keep using the wrong one with "-log(p)" (I think maybe that's supposed to use the longer one, but I have no such dash on my keyboard).

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

FULL *clap* GOBLINIZATION *clap* NOW *clap*

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
the progress that the democratic party brings to the table are the co-ed showers in starship troopers

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

galenanorth posted:

group impeach presidents that committed the same crime, IMO

the group undocumented immigrants set the precedent, though you could say it'd be better to eliminate it entirely than to entrench it

RICO but for war crimes

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Ytlaya posted:

One of the biggest misconceptions liberals (and even many leftists) have is that the Democratic Party represents some sort of progress, even if they believe it's insufficient progress. Even among people who are sympathetic to the left, it's common to hear things like "incremental change isn't enough!" and I feel like this is a big mistake because it is effectively agreeing with the idea that the Democratic Party moves us in a positive direction.

Liberals actually believe something like this. I'm pretty sure that they think Biden is constantly meeting with vaccine producers and doing various negotiations and wheeling/dealing that are somehow important to producing the vaccines faster. In their minds they probably imagine Biden walking quickly through the West Wing while talking with scientists and medical manufacturers.

My boss is always complaining about these dashes, apparently I keep using the wrong one with "-log(p)" (I think maybe that's supposed to use the longer one, but I have no such dash on my keyboard).

:wrong: The Democrats have made tremendous progress rehabilitating George W. "Google Fallujah Birth Defects" Bush.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

So if China took Alaska, or Hawaii, should the US ignore it to avoid the end of industrial civilization?

The logical end point of such utilitarianism is absurdity, look at what happened in Fate/Zero; if you keep letting people on the boat with less people die; eventually you'll have no people left. If you keep letting China invade and take places because the alternative is "the end of industrial civilization" where does it end?

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

Yinlock posted:

So if China took Alaska, or Hawaii, should the US ignore it to avoid the end of industrial civilization?

The logical end point of such utilitarianism is absurdity, look at what happened in Fate/Zero; if you keep letting people on the boat with less people die; eventually you'll have no people left. If you keep letting China invade and take places because the alternative is "the end of industrial civilization" where does it end?

lmao

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Oh Canada, we stand on guard for nazis.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Yinlock posted:

oh my loving god lmao

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

anime is now an acceptable source for an argument, my time has finally come

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Reality Protester posted:

oh it's a real post alright

All posts are real

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Yinlock posted:

jumping all the way to "but what if China does a military invasion landgrab against the US" is funny enough without an appeal to waifu anime

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

loquacius posted:

jumping all the way to "but what if China does a military invasion landgrab against the US" is funny enough without an appeal to waifu anime

tbf it's a good smokescreen to hide how dumb the actual argument you're making is, because nobody's going to care about that poo poo after you cite anime as a source

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Yinlock posted:

[Dems] look at what happened in Fate/Zero

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

wheres china invading again

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
folx I'm going to need your biggest ironicat

https://twitter.com/oliverdarcy/status/1384514188844879874

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

World War Mammories posted:

[Dems] look at what happened in Fate/Zero

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

Some Guy TT posted:

China

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
our liberal hugbox IS a serious debate forum. *pushes glasses up nose* Heh... if you baka had ever watched the Phoenix Wright anime (sub NOT dub!!) maybe you could craft an argument worthy of our forum...

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Mayor Dave posted:

All posts are real

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Some Guy TT posted:

anywhere you care about, at some place or time, whenever who cares we have to invade first in self-defense

some may doubt the humanity of this approach, but as tuxedo mask once said: do your best sailor moon

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

:thunkgun:

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

think about all the death and destruction that might happen if we don't kill tens of millions of people before china has a chance to act!

Blockade
Oct 22, 2008

Yinlock posted:

This same exact post except I'm explaining it to a war orphan in a bombed out ruin in America.

Followed up by an explanation of anime and whatever Date/Zero is

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

running the cyber with cowboy bebop and his dog

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
playing the classic 2011 shooter Homefront to prepare myself for the coming invasion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Blockade posted:

This same exact post except I'm explaining it to a war orphan in a bombed out ruin in America.

Followed up by an explanation of anime and whatever Date/Zero is

funnily enough the argument actually makes even less sense if you know the anime they're talking about