Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

Toebone posted:

There's a libram-less secret paladin at the top of HSReplays charts with a 70% winrate over 18,000 games. I think paladin maybe needs another tweak.

This deck feels like i'm cheating somehow. Highly recommend trying out before it gets nerfed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

I saw that Paladin deck a couple times while climbing with my aggro hunter deck, won both times so I figured it must be a bad matchup for them. I was right, it is one of their bad matchups, after all they only win 63% of the time against them!

e: Oh, the deck is extremely cheap too, needing only 1 craftable legendary (Kazakus), so expect to see this take over the ladder over the next couple days.

sirtommygunn fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Apr 20, 2021

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

I've only played a few games with it and I think the only thing i'm not sure I can beat most of the time will be the mirror match. It's obscene.

Disargeria
May 6, 2010

All Good Things are Wild and Free!
Can someone post the decklist?

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

https://hsreplay.net/decks/mtL29gmzOg6hg2aichRV3b/#gameType=RANKED_STANDARD Here's the page for it on HSreplay.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Disargeria posted:

Can someone post the decklist?

This one, of all the ones that include Alex, looks the best to me so far

### Secret Paladin
# Class: Paladin
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Gryphon
#
# 2x (0) First Day of School
# 1x (1) Avenge
# 2x (1) Conviction (Rank 1)
# 1x (1) Galloping Savior
# 2x (1) Knight of Anointment
# 1x (1) Noble Sacrifice
# 2x (1) Oh My Yogg!
# 2x (2) Argent Protector
# 2x (2) Crabrider
# 2x (2) Hand of A'dal
# 1x (2) Murgur Murgurgle
# 2x (2) Sword of the Fallen
# 1x (3) Mankrik
# 2x (3) Northwatch Commander
# 1x (4) Kazakus, Golem Shaper
# 2x (5) Ogremancer
# 1x (5) Taelan Fordring
# 2x (6) Hammer of the Naaru
# 1x (9) Alexstrasza the Life-Binder
#
AAECAZ8FCPy4A/zoA9vuA+fwA6iKBLCKBOqfBMigBAvKwQOezQOO1AOD3gOF3gOR5APM6wPO6wPP6wPj6wPrnwQA
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone
# Find this deck on https://hsreplay.net/decks/fjhpDPV4HFkx7wzX2JnyQd/

edit: ^^^ the popular net deck version with the single scorpid should phase out soon, like even if you don't have Murgurgle another secret or a Wandmaker would be better.

AnacondaHL fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Apr 20, 2021

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I knew the new argent protector would see play!

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

This is the one I am playing. The one above swaps the Scorpid for Murgurgle but honestly I'm thinking about finding a way to add a second Scorpid because it's been awesome every time I've gotten it. Murgurgle just seems too slow?

Odysseus S. Grant
Oct 12, 2011

Cats is the oldest and strongest emotion
of mankind
If they have to nerf paladin (and let's face it, they probably do) I legit think one of the cards to hit might be crabrider? Like, a 1/4 windfury rush is just kind of obscene in how well it carries buffs, and making it a 1/3 keeps the ceiling, while both making it harder to get value trades with, and easier to remove.
Hand of Adal could also reasonably be hit, probably making it +1/+2?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I think you'd hit First Day of School before anything.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Odysseus S. Grant posted:

If they have to nerf paladin (and let's face it, they probably do) I legit think one of the cards to hit might be crabrider? Like, a 1/4 windfury rush is just kind of obscene in how well it carries buffs, and making it a 1/3 keeps the ceiling, while both making it harder to get value trades with, and easier to remove.
Hand of Adal could also reasonably be hit, probably making it +1/+2?

Hitting the Crabrider would hurt non-Paladin decks. I think making "Oh My Yogg!" cost 2 instead of 1 would disrupt the deck enough to pull it down to earth.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
I support that too because it would make it obvious when Oh My Yogg is played

enki42
Jun 11, 2001
#ATMLIVESMATTER

Put this Nazi-lover on ignore immediately!
I'm seeing a bit of another non-secret paladin at Diamond 5-1 as well, and it just destroys spell mage, even with good draws I can't get even a second of having the upper hand. It's super divine shield focused and very aggressive.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

Desert Bus posted:

Hitting the Crabrider would hurt non-Paladin decks. I think making "Oh My Yogg!" cost 2 instead of 1 would disrupt the deck enough to pull it down to earth.

You can't change the mana costs of secrets for obvious reasons

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
I've been playing the Scorpid version and it's just disgusting, the only times I've had trouble was in the mirror and against a Spell Druid who drew the absolute nuts (t2 Gibberling-Lightning Bloom-Fungal Fortunes-Coin-Innervate-Solar Eclipse-Lightning Bloom-Pride's Fury)

the Scorpid is pretty good for providing an extra Oh My Yogg against spell decks or Conviction as a finisher, if I run into a roadblock I might try the Murgurgle version for a bit

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

I must have some kind of brain damage because I just went 0-5 with that 70% Paladin deck.

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

Conviction being an extra mana, or losing a point of attack might do it. Crabrider is also way too good. The other problem card is First Day which has a 74% mulligan winrate but I have no idea how you nerf that without it being unusable.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Mr Beens posted:

Change Sword to only pull 1 cost secrets then.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

First day at school is a pretty egregiously op card in that you can run it in just about every single deck and win games solely off having it in your opening hand

Toebone
Jul 1, 2002

Start remembering what you hear.
I don't have a second Conviction so I replaced it with Murgl and it's been doing great

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

Mr Beens posted:

Change all paladin secrets to 2-cost :v:

No change to text, of course

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

The crab rider snowballs really quickly when you drop on curve and then can build it up with huffs and argent protector divine shields

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

No Wave posted:

I knew the new argent protector would see play!

I was already running Argent in an old aggro Secrets list pre-nerf, and it definitely did work. It's the perfect 2-drop for Aggro Pally.

e: Conviction is probably the problem card in the deck imo. Could be +2 Attack instead?

blizzardvizard fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Apr 20, 2021

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe

sirtommygunn posted:

I must have some kind of brain damage because I just went 0-5 with that 70% Paladin deck.

i think it's dependent upon where you're playing at. those stats are probably taking into consideration all ranks. i don't pay for premium but i'd be willing to be that at diamond to legend bracket it's much lower at say 50% - 55%.

i've been stuck here and even swapping over to that didn't really help. seen a lot of priest, warlock, and rush warrior and it's been a real slog.

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

Fun Shoe

blizzardvizard posted:

I was already running Argent in an old aggro Secrets list pre-nerf, and it definitely did work. It's the perfect 2-drop for Aggro Pally.

e: Conviction is probably the problem card in the deck imo. Could be +2 Attack instead?

more likely crab imo... you can see this as it snowballs really easy in rush warrior when they use stage dive on it so it comes pre-buffed. assuming they use it to chip at anything on the board, they buff it further with shield of honor (+3 attack and divine shield) which just makes it go off even further.

Hawkperson
Jun 20, 2003

Yeah I’m really surprised Conviction missed a nerf. Like compare the mana cost and effects of the warrior ranked spell with the pally one

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

First day of school is paladin only, wildly overpowered (compare it to Firefly, a very good card), is the highest winrate card in the deck, has an egregious mana cost even on cursory observation. It seems like a very easy hit.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

I am DesertBus#1367 and I will buy 15 packs (you choose the set) or the Crossroads Bundle for the first Goon to message me. Offer only good until I finish this 12 pack and pass out which is about 2.5 cans away.

Edit: Claimed!

Desert Bus fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Apr 20, 2021

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge
Paladin ain’t the only one abusing Crab Rider either, Warrior has been doing rather silly things with it thanks to Stage Dive, Shield of Honor and Playmaker

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

Desert Bus posted:

I am DesertBus#1367 and I will buy 15 packs (you choose the set) or the Crossroads Bundle for the first Goon to message me. Offer only good until I finish this 12 pack and pass out which is about 2.5 cans away.

Edit: Claimed!

Wholesome :tipshat:

Orange Crush Rush posted:

Paladin ain’t the only one abusing Crab Rider either, Warrior has been doing rather silly things with it thanks to Stage Dive, Shield of Honor and Playmaker

I haven't seen any decks that run Shield of Honor on d0nkey, what list are you referring to?

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.
yes, please nerf first day. please.

otherwise, conviction to +2 and galloping saviour to a 3/3? or 3/4 without taunt?

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

It’s a decklist Dekkster was using on stream the other night, I’d post it but I’m on my phone and can’t really find it atm.

With FDoS, I really don’t know how they would nerf that without killing the card, and if they did just kill it wouldn’t Paladins just start running Righteous Protector or something? The whole point of FDoS is to get the stickiest 1 drop you can for the turn 2 Hand.

I guess they could just change it to discover a one drop, they would still have a strong opener but it would stop them from curving out so hard on turn 2-3-4 maybe.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Boatswain posted:

Wholesome :tipshat:

I haven't seen any decks that run Shield of Honor on d0nkey, what list are you referring to?

This was NoHandsGamer's innovation to the deck which was that Warmaul Challenger is still really good, and Shield of Honor is a great way to snowball that in addition to assist with getting back on board (e.g. minions created by Playmaker count as damaged).

His list has Tent Thrasher over ETC as a 2nd target for Whately draw, but I was absolutely crushing MTQs with this list last weekend (going 15-6 combined on ladder/tournaments)

### Rush Warrior
# Class: Warrior
# Year of the Gryphon
#
# 2x (1) Athletic Studies
# 2x (1) Imprisoned Gan'arg
# 2x (1) Shield of Honor
# 2x (1) Stage Dive
# 2x (2) Bumper Car
# 2x (2) Conditioning (Rank 1)
# 2x (2) Crabrider
# 1x (2) E.T.C., God of Metal
# 2x (2) Parade Leader
# 2x (3) Playmaker
# 1x (3) Rokara
# 2x (3) Warmaul Challenger
# 1x (4) Blademaster Samuro
# 2x (4) Sword Eater
# 1x (5) Overlord Runthak
# 1x (5) Ringmaster Whatley
# 2x (8) Troublemaker
#
AAECAQcGwN4Dzt4D++gDle0DqooEsIoEDLu5A7y5A+LMA93NA6fOA5HQA7PeA7XeA7reA8HeA5HkA5jtAwA=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone
# Generated by HDT - https://hsreplay.net

avantgardener
Sep 16, 2003

Last King posted:

i think it's dependent upon where you're playing at. those stats are probably taking into consideration all ranks. i don't pay for premium but i'd be willing to be that at diamond to legend bracket it's much lower at say 50% - 55%.

i've been stuck here and even swapping over to that didn't really help. seen a lot of priest, warlock, and rush warrior and it's been a real slog.

### Secret Paladin
# Year of the Gryphon
#
# 1x (1) Oh My Yogg!
# 1x (1) Noble Sacrifice
# 2x (1) Avenge
# 2x (2) Hand of A'dal
# 2x (2) Crabrider
# 1x (3) Venomous Scorpid
# 1x (3) Mankrik
# 1x (5) Taelan Fordring
# 2x (5) Ogremancer
#
AAECAZ8FCIPeA5boA/zoA9vuA+fwA6iKBLCKBOqfBAvKwQOezQOO1AOF3gOR5APM6wPO6wPP6wPj6wPrnwTIoAQA
# Find this deck on https://hsreplay.net/decks/KVvX0pGeT4NvdaXRSC8TBc/

This is the highest ranked high level paladin deck on hsreplay over the last 3 days, 66.7% at d5-1, 65% diamond plus legend.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.

AnacondaHL posted:

This was NoHandsGamer's innovation to the deck which was that Warmaul Challenger is still really good, and Shield of Honor is a great way to snowball that in addition to assist with getting back on board (e.g. minions created by Playmaker count as damaged).

His list has Tent Thrasher over ETC as a 2nd target for Whately draw, but I was absolutely crushing MTQs with this list last weekend (going 15-6 combined on ladder/tournaments)

### Rush Warrior
# Class: Warrior
# Year of the Gryphon
#
# 2x (1) Athletic Studies
# 2x (1) Imprisoned Gan'arg
# 2x (1) Shield of Honor
# 2x (1) Stage Dive
# 2x (2) Bumper Car
# 2x (2) Conditioning (Rank 1)
# 2x (2) Crabrider
# 1x (2) E.T.C., God of Metal
# 2x (2) Parade Leader
# 2x (3) Playmaker
# 1x (3) Rokara
# 2x (3) Warmaul Challenger
# 1x (4) Blademaster Samuro
# 2x (4) Sword Eater
# 1x (5) Overlord Runthak
# 1x (5) Ringmaster Whatley
# 2x (8) Troublemaker
#
AAECAQcGwN4Dzt4D++gDle0DqooEsIoEDLu5A7y5A+LMA93NA6fOA5HQA7PeA7XeA7reA8HeA5HkA5jtAwA=
#
# Generated by HDT - https://hsreplay.net

what’s a good replacement for samuro it’s the only card I’m missing

or is it a safe craft

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

Samuro is real good in Warrior and Priest, can be decent in Paladin if you don’t want to run Kazakus for some reason.

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

Fun Shoe

GTO posted:

### Secret Paladin
# Year of the Gryphon
#
# 1x (1) Oh My Yogg!
# 1x (1) Noble Sacrifice
# 2x (1) Avenge
# 2x (2) Hand of A'dal
# 2x (2) Crabrider
# 1x (3) Venomous Scorpid
# 1x (3) Mankrik
# 1x (5) Taelan Fordring
# 2x (5) Ogremancer
#
AAECAZ8FCIPeA5boA/zoA9vuA+fwA6iKBLCKBOqfBAvKwQOezQOO1AOF3gOR5APM6wPO6wPP6wPj6wPrnwTIoAQA
# Find this deck on https://hsreplay.net/decks/KVvX0pGeT4NvdaXRSC8TBc/

This is the highest ranked high level paladin deck on hsreplay over the last 3 days, 66.7% at d5-1, 65% diamond plus legend.

interesting...

what are the win rates against priest, warlock, and warrior (rush)? i swear that's all i queue into, and this deck seems to be unfavorable to all those, even if you get lucky and start with a good hand.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

I’m almost positive that Paladin list would get mogged by any decent Priest deck, the problem is how many people are running Priest due to Warlock and his good friends, Tickatus and Dr. J.

Orange Crush Rush fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Apr 20, 2021

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Apparently you need to have been friends for 3 days so sirtommygunn is getting 15 Scholo packs in 3 days at which point I'll probably do this again. It's real hard to buy more packs for myself when all I have left to collect is utter crap. Goons have been nice to me i'm gonna be nice to Goons. I don't believe in heaven or karma or any of that crap but I do believe that cracking packs open is super fun and being nice seldom backfires.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug
You can often bring enough pressure against priest to close out the game, but mage just wrecks that list. They've got so much burn and draw that they can just remove all your minions, and devolving missiles means you can't tutor for Alex to finish.