Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:
is every side in this giant colossal circle of dumbfuckery being backed by metatron? i think they are. is metatron trying to recreate god or something? give the syllables to zoss as an example of what not to do (take a shortcut) and as a safety button, empower jaggs as an existential threat that must be opposed and which can only be stopped by royalty, then have the thorn knights as a more immediate threat to keep everyone moving and prevent stagnation?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Metatron is gently caress-off crazy because he's been cracked open and nailed to the void by a transcendent god-king.

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

Yeah I really wouldn't believe Jagganoth when he says Zoss serves Metatron. Maybe Metatron set things up to ensure omniversal ruin, but I'm not convinced of that either. I think he's just playing the side opposite Zoss, for understandable reasons.

Lt. Danger
Dec 22, 2006

jolly good chaps we sure showed the hun

possibly giving Zoss the names was Metatron's plan A to restore order, and following that failure Jagganoth's omnicide is now plan B. off his own back Zoss is attempting multiple plan Cs

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Brought To You By posted:

The sad part is that's the last message any of her friends or family will have from her without the knowledge that she's kicking devils in the face and turned into voltron.

her sorority sisters at least saw her show back up after a week, carrying a sword and sporting a problematic bindi, before she disappeared again forever

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

paranoid randroid posted:

her sorority sisters at least saw her show back up after a week, carrying a sword and sporting a problematic bindi, before she disappeared again forever

Nah that Twitter message was when she left the second time, she sent it before going back to cover for her absence. The first time I think she was only in Throne for a day or so and nobody realised she was missing.

Ocean of Milk
Jun 25, 2018

oh yeah
I bet there's been a search party.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

paranoid randroid posted:

In other news, the FBI are probing links between radical Hindu nationalist groups and an LA sorority girl. Anyone with information is urged to contact their local office before a feared strike happens.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
If Maya ever shows up on Earth I'm not sure the secret services would properly appreciate the philosophical underpinnings of "Reach Heaven Through Violence".

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
Thinking about what Maya would do to the cops trying to murder her for not immediately obeying their instructions.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?

habeasdorkus posted:

Thinking about what Maya would do to the cops trying to murder her for not immediately obeying their instructions.
This?

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

YaketySass posted:

If Maya ever shows up on Earth I'm not sure the secret services would properly appreciate the philosophical underpinnings of "Reach Heaven Through Violence".

They certainly comprehend the practicalities of it if nothing else.

We're told "violence is never the answer" because the man knows that in fact violence is always the answer and he's rightly afraid of what would happen if everyone realised this.

Don't Ask
Nov 28, 2002

From 3 pages later:

1: That's a sickass devil(?) centipede thing.
2: I just love Allison's expression.

Cryophage
Jan 14, 2012

what the hell is that creepy cartoon thing in your avatar?

Don't Ask posted:

From 3 pages later:

1: That's a sickass devil(?) centipede thing.
2: I just love Allison's expression.

Pyrus Malus
Nov 22, 2007
APPLES

YaketySass posted:

reach heaven through violence (in minecraft)

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?

Pyrus Malus posted:

reach heaven through violence (in minecraft)
https://twitter.com/jmeickle/status/1384199794780868610?s=19

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

MikeJF posted:

Nah that Twitter message was when she left the second time, she sent it before going back to cover for her absence. The first time I think she was only in Throne for a day or so and nobody realised she was missing.

honestly it'd be a clusterfuck

https://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/ksbd-5-1/

so she vanishes for three days after a crash, which her roommates heard. They assume she's either on her planned trip to the G.C., or with Zaid. (Also her roommate thinks Zaid's a creeper too).

She returns, obviously very distressed and says something hosed up happened, but won't say what or where she's been. Also, sword, and bindi.

She leaves a message that now she's going to the G.C. for two weeks.

Then vanishes again. Zaid is gone too.

Even if her roommates didn't report her missing right away the second time, they would've when she didn't come back after two weeks.

So [white sorority] woman vanishes gets some hubbub, but then there's some weird stuff too- crash, sword, bindi, complete lack of any sign of either of them- that gives it some traction on like, reddit and poo poo.

also Zaid's for sure a wanted criminal

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

What is 6JS’s enemy is Jagganoth and not Zoss? That at some point in the cycle they have to fight Jaggs and 6J knows he has their wings in him. They want to break the cycle because they’re tired of dying to Jagganoth every single cycle because of their own essence?

It makes more sense than Juggernaut hating Zoss because of Metatron if it’s all some kind of ploy by the angels. Michael wants a sterile Throne so that there’s no more of this bullshit and they can rest again instead of being compelled to uphold the law humans pressed upon them and makes them fight against oblivion.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Mazerunner posted:

https://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/ksbd-5-1/

so she vanishes for three days after a crash, which her roommates heard. They assume she's either on her planned trip to the G.C., or with Zaid. (Also her roommate thinks Zaid's a creeper too).

She returns, obviously very distressed and says something hosed up happened, but won't say what or where she's been. Also, sword, and bindi.

She leaves a message that now she's going to the G.C. for two weeks.

Then vanishes again. Zaid is gone too.

Even if her roommates didn't report her missing right away the second time, they would've when she didn't come back after two weeks.

So [white sorority] woman vanishes gets some hubbub, but then there's some weird stuff too- crash, sword, bindi, complete lack of any sign of either of them- that gives it some traction on like, reddit and poo poo.

also Zaid's for sure a wanted criminal

There's for sure a Buzzfeed Unsolved episode about her.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

That was exactly the page I was thinking of.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

habeasdorkus posted:

That was exactly the page I was thinking of.

I feel the previous page to that with her true name may be quite relevant soon.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

SpaceViking posted:

I bet one of the big differences in this cycle is that Mottom and Mammon are still alive. I think every other Heir chewed through the first six like video game bosses before Jagganoth pulped them.

Yeah, it seems like things are already pretty far off the rails compared to the standard loop Jagganoth lays out here. He claims he has fought and won this battle innumerable times but it's not clear that's actually true since this time the Heir is teaming up with the corrupt lords of heaven instead of casting them down, so he's fighting 7v1 this time instead of just playing mopup.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Actually just reading through a bit of Wielder of Names and had a theory to spit out; Given what we learned of Jagg's origins, have we considered that Incubus might be Intra?

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
Intra was actually not an idiot though

Incubus wouldn't have stared in any stories since he would have just killed people

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
When an actual investigation starts people would realize that Zaid actually disappeared BEFORE Allison, from like, HIS friends. So uh, probably the leading theories are gonna be "Allison killed Zaid and went on the run."

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Actually just reading through a bit of Wielder of Names and had a theory to spit out; Given what we learned of Jagg's origins, have we considered that Incubus might be Intra?

If the non-Jagg demiurges are variant between cycles, then I'd guess Incubus was a previous failed heir.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Mazerunner posted:

on the one hand she's been gone at least a year

on the other we just found out that time is as meaningless as death, so it probably doesn't matter! :buddy:

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

I'm super sad we never got to see Allison visit home with her girlfriend and a tall lady made of stone.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I mean there was a massive time skip in there. Allison probably zapped back there after she got all jacked to say she got super into crossfit and just travelling around doing savage races or something.

Kalli fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Apr 20, 2021

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

"What's with all the scars?"

"Got into tiger wrestling too"

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
"And why's your hair white?"

"Because I decided to dye it again drat WHAT'S WITH ALL THE QUESTIONS"

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

"What's with the extra arms, being 9 foot tall and looking absolutely nothing like yourself?"

"Still wearing both my girlfriends, obviously."

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

maswastaken posted:

"What's with the extra arms, being 9 foot tall and looking absolutely nothing like yourself?"

"I'm in a polycule now".

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Have we talked about how all the heirs in panel 1 seem to have the same coloration? And it's been pointed out before that Zaid resembles Zoss a lot. I'm wondering if he doesn't just pick heirs, he fathers them.

Although hell, with his mastery of time, maybe he just goes and diverges himself as a baby and brings a copy forward.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Apr 20, 2021

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Neddy Seagoon posted:

"I'm a polycule now".

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:
https://twitter.com/Orbitaldropkick/status/1384640955182104578

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

I think Jags has miscalculated here. Solomon is about to go all out.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
Hell yes, Gog-Agog's finally about to go off.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i think the counterpoint to that is if the heir always defeats solomon (and the other keyholders) and jagganoth always defeats the heir, then big whoop

of course it seems pretty shortsighted on jagganoth's part to figure that "the heir and the keyholders teaming up instead of destroying each other makes no real difference, especially this heir i didn't expect", he seems smarter than that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Yeah, if all the other heirs had fought Swolemon at the Ring of Power he very likely never went all out because A) he was happy to cede power to the rising king after getting bled and/or B) he couldn't go all out because of the risk to all of the people he built his entire self-image around protecting.

Solomon David might very well punt Jaggs into the sun. Or both suns. Ofc, it remains to be seen if that'd actually inconvenience Jaggs.