Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

rear end cobra posted:

Feeling empty and disappointed the lols didn't last longer

although fleeting, it's been nice having the gang together for some lols

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
https://twitter.com/RachelBrookesTV/status/1384570643518312462

Pand
Apr 1, 2011

Jogi Maldito

but what about the fans of the future ?

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Apparently the Chelsea players met with management and a bunch of them said they weren't going to play for the club if they were banned from FIFA internationals.

So many lol's

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

biglads posted:

So, see you all in 5 years for another go?

Yep
unless you all can get some EU legislation passed expropriating all the clubs and mandating local fan ownership before then yeah

Crayfish
May 7, 2009
I feel like Spurs should be relegated anyway, just as a matter of principle

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

https://twitter.com/Lowetide/status/1384572332614709256

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate
lol even the AAF in the USA played a few weeks before folding

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Bape Culture posted:

This is bullshit there had better be repercussions for these cunts

Spoiler: there will not be
there’ll be at least one chant that makes me lol irl and that’s better than nothing

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

when does the tottenham super league dvd come out

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

goddammit i got beat to the joke!!!

King of False Promises
Jul 31, 2000

football's alive again

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

Crazy Ted posted:

Real Madrid just needs to find 11 other random teams to make Super League 2

Real Madrid
LA Galaxy
Chivas (Mexico suspended pro/rel)
Create a team based in Dubai

LA Galaxy would 100% be the first on board.

God damnit

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

General Probe posted:

If the ESL fails before it gets off the ground are Madrid/Barca going to appeal directly to UEFA for more money? The way I've been reading this is that clubs are doing this out of either exceptional greed or desperation due to current debt loads.

Surely their next move is to say "give us more money or else some of the most popular clubs among plastics will fail depriving UEFA of the same money"
Here's my question: The seed money for this thing from J.P Morgan Chase is actually in loans, so if it's already been given out what the gently caress do they do because that hundreds of millions of Euros of extra debt on Real Madrid and Barcelona

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

jesus WEP posted:

there’ll be at least one chant that makes me lol irl and that’s better than nothing

the one i've read was "6 super league titles you'll never sing that"

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

:bustem:

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

Spurs the only ESL team to fire their manager.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

General Probe posted:

If the ESL fails before it gets off the ground are Madrid/Barca going to appeal directly to UEFA for more money? The way I've been reading this is that clubs are doing this out of either exceptional greed or desperation due to current debt loads.

Surely their next move is to say "give us more money or else some of the most popular clubs among plastics will fail depriving UEFA of the same money"

They're already getting more. The CL restructure that benefits these fuckers was agreed just the other day, but they'll always want more more more.

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Has this been done before?
Soiled Meat

Crazy Ted posted:

Here's my question: The seed money for this thing from J.P Morgan Chase is actually in loans, so if it's already been given out what the gently caress do they do because that hundreds of millions of Euros of extra debt on Real Madrid and Barcelona

I just assumed that money had not yet been disbursed.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

biglads posted:

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Apparently the jose thing was true and he told the team not to train.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

I want to see Gazidis's head on a loving pike at the San Siro after this.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

biglads posted:

Lmao

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Crazy Ted posted:

give it back probably

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

ilmucche posted:

this rules, jose can be good sometimes

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

ilmucche posted:

got a source?

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Gigi Galli posted:

I want to see Gazidis's head on a loving pike at the San Siro after this.

After you're done please send the pike to the Emirates

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Crazy Ted posted:

Nothing because none of this money is real

For real though I expect somehow we as fans will be paying for it via TV subscriptions and tickets and whatnot.

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer

Crazy Ted posted:

Bankruptcy is the play here

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

General Probe posted:

I'm assuming it has because that would just be loving hilarious

dex_sda posted:

give it back probably
Considering all the poo poo JP Morgan has pulled over the last 20 years they're probably not the type to let even a billion-dollar business pay back a loan early without penalties.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
https://twitter.com/henrymance/status/1384571584434868229

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Gigi Galli posted:

Nothing because none of this money is real

For real though I expect somehow we as fans will be paying for it via TV subscriptions and tickets and whatnot.

:yeah:

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

https://twitter.com/PodcastPharaohs/status/1384218033023971333?s=19

Not surprised city and Chelsea are the first to roll back, super League is bad for them in that it gives other clubs the spending power they have had for years.

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

General Probe posted:

Ya the money hadn't been paid out. The only "agreement" that there appeared to be any evidence of was between the teams themselves. Everything else was preliminary.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

dex_sda posted:

got a source?

A friend that knows people at the club, which is to say not officially at all I guess.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

ilmucche posted:

A friend that knows people at the club, which is to say not officially at all I guess.

Can he get us the dvd?

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Does this mean I don’t have an excuse to stop supporting Arsenal? I was quite looking forward to it...

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

Not surprised city and Chelsea are the first to roll back, super League is bad for them in that it gives other clubs the spending power they have had for years.

Think it's much more that they have owners with absolutely zero appetite for actual political antagonism.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Scientastic posted:

Does this mean I don’t have an excuse to stop supporting Arsenal? I was quite looking forward to it...
Arsenal's owner is plenty enough reason to stop supporting them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PERPETUAL IDIOT
Sep 12, 2003
Some people online are saying that a big part of Chelsea cracking is pressure from the supporters who literally own the pitch at Stamford Bridge and the rights to the name Chelsea FC, lol.