Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Gaz-L posted:

I think they've gone back and forth as to if it was Jim who killed Hitler, or Bucky. Bucky definitely claimed to have done it at one point.

It was just one line in Bendis' Avengers. I don't think it's ever really been followed up on. Hammod killing Hitler has been referenced multiple times.

Edit

Edit: yeah, according to Tom Brevoort Bucky was just joking.

Air Skwirl fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Apr 17, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solenna
Jun 5, 2003

I'd say it was your manifest destiny not to.

Skwirl posted:

It was just one line in Bendis' Avengers. I don't think it's ever really been followed up on. Hammod killing Hitler has been referenced multiple times.

Edit

I mean it's Marvel comics, there are probably plenty of Hitlers that need killing.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Vince MechMahon posted:

He had the infinity gauntlet and the plan in his head before he started. What makes you think his first stop in that new universe with Peggy wasn't killing Thanos before he could become a threat?

E: I know he couldn't use the gauntlet itself without turning into a crispy critter like Tony, but humans can use the time stone just fine, and that's all you would really need to just smother baby Thanos in his crib.

Do you want Cosmic Ghost Rider? Cuz that's how you get Cosmic Ghost Rider.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Do you want Cosmic Ghost Rider? Cuz that's how you get Cosmic Ghost Rider.

Why do we even have a What If series if not for tremendously bad wonderful ideas like that?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

The Cosmic Ghost Rider books are a lot of fun.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Cosmic ghost rider is the only good thing cates has done

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

twistedmentat posted:

Who said this?

Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely, the writers of all 3 Cap movies, Infinity War and Endgame.

It's not really up to them so if it's not confirmed on screen it's not confirmed, but that's what they said.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

That's weird, since that's the one scenario it explicitly cannot be according to the rest of the movie they wrote

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
They said you can't change the future because it's already happened (it's your past). Old Cap was already Peggy's husband so he wasn't changing anything by going back in time and marrying her. It's weird cyclical logic that implies almost a level of destiny but it's what we got.
Now Loki changes the past by escaping but he gets picked up by the TVA and called a Variant. So it seems like Cap changing a bunch of poo poo would get the same treatment.

I know everyone says "not my Steve Rogers" but now that we know Bucky talked to Cap about his trip maybe he convinced him not to try and save him. Also Cap knows better than to gently caress with the stones on his way to returning them, you guys are thinking of Tony.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Yeah I absolutely think Bucky, being a pretty pragmatic dude who is a little addicted to his own suffering, would look at how narrowly they were able to achieve victory over Thanos and tell Steve "I'm about to ask you for the hardest favor you'll ever have to give a friend, but I need you to not go after me when you get back to the old days. We'll need every tool in the box for when Thanos comes, and I don't know what happens if you change things. I won't hold it against you. Just live the life you've earned."

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Half the stones are on Earth, they could pool their resources and destroy the time stone.

glitchwraith
Dec 29, 2008

I always assumed the timeline Steve retired too was the same one the Thanos they fought and killed in Endgame left, given his main mission was to return the stones and Thor's Hammer to that timeline. As long as he allows the Time Heist to play out how it did, he doesn't have to worry about Thanos. That said, it does limit what he could do before the Heist.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Aphrodite posted:

Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely, the writers of all 3 Cap movies, Infinity War and Endgame.

It's not really up to them so if it's not confirmed on screen it's not confirmed, but that's what they said.

Okay, its not just some rando or hanger on saying it, but it would be nice to have something offical.

Arist posted:

That's weird, since that's the one scenario it explicitly cannot be according to the rest of the movie they wrote

Yea exactly.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1384575090747080704

They're lining up a really fancy cast for this one.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Aphrodite posted:

Sam Jackson will do anything, he's the only bona-fide movie star that appeared on Agents of Shield. Didn't know about Olivia Colman though, that's cool.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Will Emilia Clarke be the skrull queen due to her familiarity with playing genocidal royals?

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Aphrodite posted:

I mean, it makes sense that the Skrulls would want to be really pretty.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

CapnAndy posted:

I mean, it makes sense that the Skrulls would want to be really pretty.

But would also be accurate if they cast some total cows.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Vince MechMahon posted:

Will Emilia Clarke be the skrull queen due to her familiarity with playing genocidal royals?

Hey, Olivia Coleman is right there and fits the criteria as well.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Colman is busy playing the Skrull who gets wasted and pisses herself in a children's restaurant ballpit

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Mameluke posted:

Colman is busy playing the Skrull who gets wasted and pisses herself in a children's restaurant ballpit

TIL I'm a Skrull

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

I'm assuming the rights to Jessica Drew are still the full time job of like 300 lawyers so if she's a good guy maybe it's Mockingbird time.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

theironjef posted:

I'm assuming the rights to Jessica Drew are still the full time job of like 300 lawyers so if she's a good guy maybe it's Mockingbird time.

Jessica Drew is 100% owned by Marvel/Disney. She just has a super complicated backstory and has a power set of poo poo other people in the MCU already do and creepy pheremone poo poo that isn't very televisual and is kinda rapey.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

theironjef posted:

It that this is really predictive of anything going forward, but Adrianne Palicki already played Mockingbird.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Hmm the guess would be Emilia Clarke as Veranke...but Princess Morrat (Teddy's mom) is also possible. Or maybe she's the younger version of Mar-Vell. Anything goes!

badjohny
Oct 6, 2005

BrianWilly posted:

Hmm the guess would be Emilia Clarke as Veranke...but Princess Morrat (Teddy's mom) is also possible. Or maybe she's the younger version of Mar-Vell. Anything goes!

Sue Storm.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

Medullah posted:

TIL I'm a Skrull

Let's talk

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Normally you wouldn't cast Emilia Clarke for what feels like it must be a one season TV show appearance but she may not necessarily want to do more than that, so who knows.

Skwirl posted:

Jessica Drew is 100% owned by Marvel/Disney. She just has a super complicated backstory and has a power set of poo poo other people in the MCU already do and creepy pheremone poo poo that isn't very televisual and is kinda rapey.

Yeah Sony wouldn't just have the rights to her because of the Spider name. She has nothing to do with him.

The complication with her is that Sony definitely would have Ultimate Jessica Drew though.

I feel like if Marvel wants to use her Sony would agree for some minor exchange back and just change the name if they ever decide to do a female Spider-Man clone story.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

If I was Clarke I woke be vary weary of anything I can't read the entire script for up front. It's like they had a career seeking missile aimed directly at her with that fuckin GoT poo poo.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Vince MechMahon posted:

If I was Clarke I woke be vary weary of anything I can't read the entire script for up front. It's like they had a career seeking missile aimed directly at her with that fuckin GoT poo poo.

Ehh, I think it's just they had no loving clue what to do after they couldn't crib from GRR Martin's notes.

Has she done anything (and I kinda hate this term but it's useful) "non-genre" her big movie was the third or fourth terrible Terminator sequal.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
I kind of hate the term too because I never know what genres specifically fall under the umbrella of "genre" in this sense, but she was in a pretty popular holiday romcom, Last Christmas, at the very end of 2019.

It looks like post-GoT she has mostly been focusing on sort of.... mid-lockdown theatre? She was in a Zoom performance of Noel Coward's Private Lives in 2020 and was set to be in a fairly high-profile The Seagull in London just before COVID really came rampaging in.

How Wonderful! fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Apr 21, 2021

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

How Wonderful! posted:

I kind of hate the term too because I never know what genres specifically fall under the umbrella of "genre" in this sense, but she was in a pretty popular holiday romcom, Last Christmas, at the very end of 2019.

I forgot about that one.

Generally "genre" films are sci-fi/fantasy that's more popular with men than women. Like Last Christmas has a ghost as a main character, but I wouldn't call it a genre film, I'd call it a romance (was it a comedy? I didn't actually see it, going off plot descriptions)

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Vince MechMahon posted:

I mean, she was a total unknown before that so even with the terrible ending it made her career.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

If anything that ending was a gift to her career. If the ending was her becoming the great, beautiful, benevolent ruler she probably might have more to be worried about being typecast.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

Skwirl posted:

I forgot about that one.

Generally "genre" films are sci-fi/fantasy that's more popular with men than women. Like Last Christmas has a ghost as a main character, but I wouldn't call it a genre film, I'd call it a romance (was it a comedy? I didn't actually see it, going off plot descriptions)

Yeah, it just bugs me that something as broadly taxonomical as "genre" is weirdly gendered in that way, but I guess people generally know what it conveys as a short-hand. It was a comedy but not a super duper funny one. It's one of those movies with a pretty unfunny script that is occasionally elevated by talented character actors (Rob Delaney and Patti Lupone are both good in it).

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

How Wonderful! posted:

Yeah, it just bugs me that something as broadly taxonomical as "genre" is weirdly gendered in that way, but I guess people generally know what it conveys as a short-hand. It was a comedy but not a super duper funny one. It's one of those movies with a pretty unfunny script that is occasionally elevated by talented character actors (Rob Delaney and Patti Lupone are both good in it).

The other reason I don't call it a rom-com is based on the description no one tried to ruin someone else's life.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

The main character outs her gay sister out of spite in a really weird scene so rom-com away!

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

How Wonderful! posted:

The main character outs her gay sister out of spite in a really weird scene so rom-com away!

Oh yeah, definitely a rom com now. Apologize for earlier doubts.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The "genres" are sci-fi, fantasy and horror.

Basically the ones that usually have their own specific section of a comic convention floor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I assume Clarke's a red herring for Veranke. Like, they'll talk about the Skrull queen for the whole show and Clarke will be acting all sketchy in her scenes, and whoops, she was working for Fury the whole time and really she's... *rolls d100 on big Table o' Heroes* Spitfire. And then it turns out Colman is the real villain and gets to chew scenery.