Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

bawfuls posted:

This is the bit I don't get, since when do billionaires give a poo poo about this kind of PR blowback? Usually they just act like they did nothing wrong and go on owning the thing you love/need and making buckets of money with it, because you can't stop them.

It's more like "oh this club/ league wont let us milk it for every bit of money and run it into the ground? Well time to sell and onto the next adventure!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

greazeball posted:

new gangtag when

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

please

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

bawfuls posted:

This is the bit I don't get, since when do billionaires give a poo poo about this kind of PR blowback? Usually they just act like they did nothing wrong and go on owning the thing you love/need and making buckets of money with it, because you can't stop them.

Word is, players in some of these clubs grouped together and said they will not play in the league if they cannot play in the national league.

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

rear end cobra posted:

Perez doing a baghdad bob for a couple of days would be a good end to The Super League

I'd prefer a Budd Dwyer

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Drill your frame coward

Bharatrocity
Oct 20, 2005

One day son, all I own will still belong to the state

Thank you for you are service.

bees everywhere
Nov 19, 2002

Pook Good Mook posted:

I think the plausible initial plan was to sign their agreements, get JP Morgan on board, get in talks with a broadcast deal, then go to UEFA CL and push all in, force the CL to get them a better deal with the threat that they'll all leave after the season ends and won't be back.

It feels like the NYT pushed their plans forward and forced them to release and commit to a plan that hadn't been fully developed.

So... NYT saved football?

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

good posting itt

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Gigi Galli posted:

Meeting of the failed super league where they try to figure out how to steal all the money in private instead of in public starts at 23:30 CET supposedly.

Not surprised theyre meeting after dark the old, vampiric pieces of poo poo

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
I'm an ESL Legacy Fan and I'm proud of it

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

The Super League loving owned

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006
too bad if the super league gets scrapped. i was thinking we could simply burn and pillage all of the silly british sports in return for cheap chicken and laugh all the way to the bank

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
https://twitter.com/honigstein/status/1384584371815030792?s=20

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

:sickos:

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
https://twitter.com/StanCollymore/status/1384586718611918852?s=19

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

bawfuls posted:

This isn't america doofus.

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

Pourin' one out for the ESL

In heaven with Jade Goody and Prince Phillip.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

now to deduct 30 points from all 6 teams like they do to teams that hit financial oblivion

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

perfect

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Please be FSG

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

lmao some billionaire bitch baby throwing a tantrum, you love to see it

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

dex_sda posted:

Word is, players in some of these clubs grouped together and said they will not play in the league if they cannot play in the national league.
Oh that much is clear. But they still make a lot of money under the current system, even if there is no such thing as "enough" for these people. Was there threat of players revolting just for the owners staying on after this debacle?

TheRat posted:

This isn't america doofus.
yeah but the billionaires in question are American, and the idea they can be shamed/embarrassed/saddened into selling an extremely valuable asset strains believability

bawfuls fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Apr 20, 2021

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
https://mobile.twitter.com/WildState/status/1384582360419770371

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
Just over here enjoying some charts and graphs

Mr Snips
Jan 9, 2009

me and the boys hearing the sad news about our favourite new footballing experience

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

putting bets on it being Glazer. Kroneke will look for ways to move his club somewhere else.

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

Please be Arsenal, we're only on the decline anyway, give it up Stan!

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

keeps getting better and better

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

BUG JUG posted:

putting bets on it being Glazer. Kroneke will look for ways to move his club somewhere else.

only if he can get London to pay for it, he's not going to use his own money for that

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

bees everywhere
Nov 19, 2002

:lol::lol::lol: goldmine this thread

peanut- posted:

Just over here enjoying some charts and graphs

I am not a financial advisor but

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

bawfuls posted:

Oh that much is clear. But they still make a lot of money under the current system, even if there is no such thing as "enough" for these people. Was there threat of players revolting just for the owners staying on after this debacle?

they're staring into the face of punishments still. the reputational damage is immense and none of the current owners will be allowed to make decisions in UEFA governing bodies. they clogged their money spigot with their premature ejaculation

emjayo
Apr 11, 2013

the jozy altidore of football leagues

if only they gave it some service...

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

All these resignations own

Tho the clubs may accidently get someone competent to run the ship now

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

Tokyo Sexwale posted:

only if he can get London to pay for it, he's not going to use his own money for that

Welcome home Arsenal Las Vegas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001