Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt
It is only good and appropriate for the Mariners to win the AL West in 2021 while the Yankees miss the playoffs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

we can breathe again

https://twitter.com/kirsten_watson/status/1384584780285575169

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Mike_V posted:

At least there's some feasting this year. The past couple years it just felt like famine for the most part

I'll be honest I didn't watch much last year, but I feel 2019 was the same way this year is going so far. Like, 50% of the games the Cardinals either scored 2 or less or 8 or more. It sucks watching that so much.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Penisaurus Sex posted:

It is only good and appropriate for the Mariners to win the AL West in 2021 while the Yankees miss the playoffs.

I'm rooting against the M's just because of their blatant service time fuckery.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

mcmagic posted:

Ya the Yankees would never do that with a top prospect like say Gleyber Torres

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

I'm glad he's okay, but I'm also glad he's sitting out today's game.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

First Oakland breaks Bellinger's leg then Seattle tries to break Mookie's arm. I'm calling for a shutdown on the AL West until we can sort this all out.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

Ya the Yankees would never do that with a top prospect like say Gleyber Torres

I said that was bullshit at the time.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Acuña also sitting today. Might be the ab thing, might have lost his job to Guillermo Heredia, time will tell.

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt

mcmagic posted:

One of us is far more likely to be happy in October and we both know who it is.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Penisaurus Sex posted:

One of us is far more likely to be happy in October and we both know who it is.

You're talking to mcmagic, I'm not convinced he's ever happy.

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt

Some Numbers posted:

He's very happy when he's right though.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Penisaurus Sex posted:

He's very happy when he's right though.

As opposed to everyone else who hates to be right lol.

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt

mcmagic posted:

sometimes! it depends on your outlook and perspective on life.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

mcmagic posted:

I certainly hate being right about politics.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

do cubsposters hate being right? or do they secretly crave it?

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
They key to Cubs posting is contradicting yourself through sheer volume of posts and thus you are never wrong.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

mcmagic posted:

I said that was bullshit at the time.

did you add a temporary frame to your facebook profile pic?

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

bawfuls posted:

First Oakland breaks Bellinger's leg then Seattle tries to break Mookie's arm. I'm calling for a shutdown on the AL West until we can sort this all out.

Ty France almost died in that game too, it's West Coast bloodlust only through devouring our foes can teams on the best coast gain victory

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.

Some Numbers posted:

I think being unhappy is just a symptom of being a sports fan in general. I am not totally convinced anyone actually enjoys watching sports.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Knicks are winning. I'm good.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Are they playing tonight in Chicago?

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

either your team is bad and so you masochistically watch them lose all the time, or they are good enough to elevate your expectations and then almost certainly fall short

the high from a win is fleeting, I'm already cursing at the Bums for losing an April game in Seattle

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Or you're a Marlins fan where every win is getting to ruin some other, competitive team's day and lucking in to the post-season is playing with house money

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

bawfuls posted:

either your team is bad and so you masochistically watch them lose all the time, or they are good enough to elevate your expectations and then almost certainly fall short

the high from a win is fleeting, I'm already cursing at the Bums for losing an April game in Seattle

the secret to make sports a pure and undistilled good is to cheer for no team, cheer for a Good Game and a rousing finish

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

when your team is bad, you get to spend october watching exciting baseball that doesn't raise your blood pressure

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

Aye Doc posted:

the secret to make sports a pure and undistilled good is to cheer for no team, cheer for a Good Game and a rousing finish

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sOrIXkUlxg

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish

Twin Cinema posted:

I think being unhappy is just a symptom of being a sports fan in general. I am not totally convinced anyone actually enjoys watching sports.

No one hates sports like people who love sports. I wore one of my Nationals shirts today to a doctor's appointment and I may let the game watch me.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Kenley Jansen just hit 97 for the first time in years en route to a 1-2-3 inning in Seattle. Sure seems like the trick is to only let him pitch every other day at this point.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

bawfuls posted:

Kenley Jansen just hit 97 for the first time in years en route to a 1-2-3 inning in Seattle. Sure seems like the trick is to only let him pitch every other day at this point.

I would have preferred if he'd rediscovered his groove after getting shelled by the Ms, but oh well.

boroda
Jul 26, 2007

нет усов

bawfuls posted:

I remember this Kenley

2017 broke him I think

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
I have determined due to the data available of games played against each other that the Mariners and Dodgers are equally good

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
2011 has made sure I'll never be happy about baseball again

:smith:

GPTribefan
Jul 2, 2007
Something witty yet inspirational about the Cleveland Indians
The Vander Meer watch is over - it took 11 innings, but Rodon finally gave up a hit to the Indians.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

https://twitter.com/phillies/status/1384320148711088131?s=21

I dunno maybe you could pay them a living wage instead of resorting to charity auctions.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
deGrom scared of the unstoppable 2021 Cubs offense

https://twitter.com/jcohenap/status/1384617605286309888

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Puig signed to play with the Mexican League team in Veracruz

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2021/04/yasiel-puig-to-sign-with-mexican-league-team.html

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Is he even 30?

Took him what, 6-7 years to flame out?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

davecrazy posted:

Is he even 30?

Took him what, 6-7 years to flame out?
Just turned 30

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

He's 30 now. I doubt he'd be playing in Mexico if it weren't for the combination of covid and his alleged sexual assault last year.