Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
https://twitter.com/OsmanZtheGooner/status/1384627189065334784?s=19

That'll teach em

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Is football dead yet?

Redczar
Nov 9, 2011

Cool so this can still happen again in a few years when the coffers need topping up

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

I will definitely believe a site named Mundo Deportivo that makes my ad blocker go thermonuclear

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

brexit means UEFA will give the top six English clubs money and screw everyone else.

that seems correct.

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew

Redczar posted:

Cool so this can still happen again in a few years when the coffers need topping up

I for one look forward to a recurring fixture between ESL and Legacy Fans United.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Crazy Ted posted:

I will definitely believe a site named Mundo Deportivo that makes my ad blocker go thermonuclear
it's a proper sports paper in spain, for whatever thats worth

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

jesus WEP posted:

it's a proper sports paper in spain, for whatever thats worth

Literally nothing

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Crazy Ted posted:

Think they're Real/Barca pet journos who print what they're told.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

AC Milan is out as well.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

https://twitter.com/RichJolly/status/1384629361333182465

Beat that, fuckers

kliras
Mar 27, 2021
just gonna play this on repeat, don't mind me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaiollV9jz0

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Now the Guardian liveblogger is saying AC Milan is OUT

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Crazy Ted posted:

When you stopped posting here did you go into cryo freeze and just come out? This is the internet now

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
more like the stupid league 🔥

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
UEFA did say they were gonna partner with some banks and squeeze like 3 more billions out of Champion's league right

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

https://twitter.com/partidazocope/status/1384631267820511244?s=21

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

gotta sleep on this before i make a decision. siesta time!!

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

another semi final for ole nice

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

dex_sda posted:

gotta sleep on this before i make a decision. siesta time!!

cmon it's dinner time more likely

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Crazy Ted posted:

Thank god. Gazidis out. Americans out. Bring back bunga bunga parties.

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

there we go Nev, get in there.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
Imagine that if the Yankees had a bad enough season they could find themselves demoted to a Minor League team next year, playing against the Lehigh Valley IronPigs and the Scranton RailRiders. Likewise, if the Sugar Land Skeeters had a good enough year, they could play in the World Series next year and beat the Red Sox. Well, that's how European soccer works, and in fact a team in the UK Premier League, Leicester City, actually did the equivalent of a Minor League team coming up to beat the Yankees and win the World Series at approximately 5,000-to-1 odds a few years ago.

Well, obviously the Manchester Uniteds of the world can't stand even the possibility of literal billions lost were they to ever face relegation to the minor leagues. So all those billion-dollar teams want to form an extra special snowflake major league that they can't ever be demoted from no matter how badly they play, also conveniently excluding the possibility of amazing rags-to-riches stories like Leicester City. The rich must stay rich, and the poor must stay poor, and never the twain shall meet.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Bundy posted:

When you stopped posting here did you go into cryo freeze and just come out? This is the internet now
Okay wiseass I know to expect ad service at the current stage of the Internet we're but when I opened the link AdGuard started pinging at drat near the rate I get when I go to something via social media without realizing I've hosed up and clicked on a Daily Mail link.

EDIT: And truth be told I wish it was cryofreeze. In reality I had a child in October that was delivered via emergency C-section that became infected and had to be re-opened and I had to play at-home wound packing nurse for 2+ months while caring for the newborn while also working, with nothing but remote help thanks to the pandemic

Crazy Ted fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Apr 20, 2021

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Crazy Ted posted:

is woobi watching europa league for the guardian now nice

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Bundy posted:

is woobi watching europa league for the guardian now nice

Lmao

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

:captainpop:

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Bundy posted:

lol mate that's white washing bullshit like gently caress is it an apology

Yeah but I dunno, still think it may be better than that Levy statement

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
The funniest remaining outcome must be that the super league carries on except its just the 3 Spanish teams.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

This is maybe the funniest few days in sport I've ever seen in my life.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

levy's "apology" mostly blaming the fans and media for not being smart enough to see the genius of the super league is :discourse:

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

peanut- posted:

The funniest remaining outcome must be that the super league carries on except its just the 3 Spanish teams.

Also Juve

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Down to the embers, Real and Barca going to burn out together

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
sorry if this has already been suggested but why not form a superleague organicallywith classic temporarily embarrassed teams like sheffield wednesday nottingham forest and sheffield wednesday who have zero international players or as yet fans

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Phwoar

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Butterfly Valley posted:

the Sugar Land Skeeters

lol i literally had to google this to believe that it was a real team that actually exists, and I'm old enough to remember watching Total Network Solutions play

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

do you think he makes the noise

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Breath Ray posted:

sorry if this has already been suggested but why not form a superleague organicallywith classic temporarily embarrassed teams like sheffield wednesday nottingham forest and sheffield wednesday who have zero international players or as yet fans

what if they brought sheffield wednesday in too