Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

here's the bad news though

https://twitter.com/mjshrimper/status/1384631355573776384?s=08

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

FullLeatherJacket posted:

lol i literally had to google this to believe that it was a real team that actually exists, and I'm old enough to remember watching Total Network Solutions play
Minor league baseball teams have some amazing names. Also Japanese baseball teams, i.e. the Nippon Ham Fighters.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

well, yeah, we knew UEFA would blink and find some bags of money behind the couch

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

jesus WEP posted:

do you think he makes the noise

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

quick someone find out shipley's take on all this.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Bundy posted:

well, yeah, we knew UEFA would blink and find some bags of money behind the couch

Most of that was agreed before the Super League was even announced.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

yeah it's poo poo but tbf the entire 'it's poo poo' -> protest -> give up cycle has already happened for that, so 'sneaked past' seems a bit disingenuous.

Anukahn
Jul 22, 2006

My brain hurts
This has been Florentino's equivalent to that Imagine all the people video Gal Gadot made mid confinement. The concept was supposed to cheer you up people!

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
It's really astonishing work to take on UEFA and manage to both lose and make them look like the good guys in the process.

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

Billionaires getting told to piss off and being made to look like greedy schoolboys is all well and good but I want finger pointing, blame, recriminations and punishment. In short, I want this thread to never end.

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

FullLeatherJacket posted:

can we have a breakaway gangtag that says Super League Jegacy Fan in portuguese colours?

the best part will be not just how little sense that joke makes now, but how it'll make even less sense in future, the best kind of joke

i get it. i get it and i laughed at it

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
https://twitter.com/KuperSimon/status/1384587075115233284

https://twitter.com/KuperSimon/status/1384587419425681420

https://twitter.com/KuperSimon/status/1384590995405352962

https://twitter.com/KuperSimon/status/1384591742519988229

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

quote:

As the sun dipped below the roof-line of Stamford Bridge something strange began to happen. The birds flew backwards through the sky, the cats barked, the trees turned a tangerine hue, and Roman Abramovich became, at a stroke, the protector of the people’s game, enemy of the elites, the oligarch of the masses.

What world is this we have now entered? How far have we travelled through the looking glass? What powerful hallucinogenic drugs have been administered to lead us in the space of three days to a place where the hordes of football supporters on the Fulham Road can proclaim English football’s original – and most dizzyingly transformative oligarch – as their white knight, tender of the grass roots, pharaoh of pyramid and all the rest of it?

Goddamnit he just had whip out a column didn't he

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

Crazy Ted posted:

This isn't Trad Games ya eejit

it is for now

Weedle
May 31, 2006

they should still all be relegated

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

Sandwolf posted:

what if they brought sheffield wednesday in too

a good idea, and very simple. you could merge the two sheffield wednesday clubs and call it sheffield united

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Crazy Ted posted:

Minor league baseball teams have some amazing names. Also Japanese baseball teams, i.e. the Nippon Ham Fighters.

so that's where Sleve McDichael ended up

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Weedle posted:

they should still all be relegated

I never saw us lift that trophy in my lifetime it'd be nice to have a crack at it

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

Gigi Galli posted:

gonna get this uploaded lol, gimme a day and I'll hand em out to the super posters

pls sir

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Inter are about to announce their departure now. So that leaves just Juve and the 3 Spanish clubs clinging to the Super League now I think.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

trem_two posted:

Inter are about to announce their departure now. So that leaves just Juve and the 3 Spanish clubs clinging to the Super League now I think.

Good this means they'll be bankrupt in a week.

Inter that is not the others. That'll take a while.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

What a soulless statement. Key loving stakeholders?

https://twitter.com/henrywinter/status/1384643001247481860

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

shameful

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

If Stan Kroenke throws his toys out of the pram and sells the club, this may actually turn out to be the best thing ever.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

arsenal's statement is the best out of the four

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
https://twitter.com/mountain_stoats/status/1384641206836158464?s=19

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

me stakeholders

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

lmfao

Carrier
May 12, 2009

Actual 10/10 comedy day

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Spanish Super League.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

The guy who I think started to break all of this stuff, Tariq Panja of the New York Times, says Inter Milan is OUT

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Yeah Inter reps just confirmed to the state news agency that they’re out. “It no longer interests us” is the wording lmao

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

I'm doing all the loving moves just imagine the loving meltdown Fiorentino is having right now the crooked little gently caress God yes

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

Good fun working in the communications offices of the six clubs right now, I bet.

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

Does this mean we get to see some clubs implode

I want casualties

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
So the Spanish and Italian teams are sticking this out or what?

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Rad Valtar posted:

Is it possible you know how to read?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Rad Valtar posted:

Juve is the only italian team left.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

Rad Valtar posted:

Florentino using all his guile to keep the Spanish teams still in I guess + Juve are desperate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Pretty funny 48 hours for Florentino Perez.