Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Are Barca and real actually gonna go bankrupt then

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

barca and real but it's that star trek episode where they fight forever in a void

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

https://mobile.twitter.com/GuidoTresoldi/status/1384649255017611264

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

I kinda admire how the leading story at Madrid's site is still OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT: LEADING EUROPEAN FOOTBALL CLUBS UNVEIL NEW SUPER LEAGUE no fucks given

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
is there a a way that Barca Juve and Madrid could play each other every wednesday night on a triangular pitch with three oversized goals because I would watch that

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
https://twitter.com/fabrizioromano/status/1384653584684421122?s=21

loving lmao at this stakeholder horseshit

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

the popes toes posted:

I kinda admire how the leading story at Madrid's site is still OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT: LEADING EUROPEAN FOOTBALL CLUBS UNVEIL NEW SUPER LEAGUE no fucks given

it's very on brand for Florentino to consider only Madrid a 'leading European football club' so it probably doesn't matter to him that maybe only Madrid is left wanting to do this thing

If you're not fond of Juventus it's been a wildly entertaining season lol

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
“Reshape the project...”

have they considered a triangle

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

I still have no idea how they can say with a straight face that a cartel in a padlocked league will support lower tiers somehow.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Bape Culture posted:

I still have no idea how they can say with a straight face that a cartel in a padlocked league will support lower tiers somehow.

it's possible they're delusional enough to believe it but it's more likely they think everyone is just that gullible

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

stakeholders stakeholders stakeholders Stakeholders Stakeholders Stakeholders STAKEHOLDERS STAKEHOLDERS STAKEHOLDERS

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Tokyo Sexwale posted:

everyone is just that gullible
The crowd of supporters outside Stamford Bridge cheering like everything was magically alright again once the Chelsea announcement came through is good proof of that.

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

what court decision?

Bape Culture posted:

because they said they're gonna throw some money at the leagues they leave, but ofc lmao at the idea that'll make up for what is lost and will exist forever

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

Crazy Ted posted:

The crowd of supporters outside Stamford Bridge cheering like everything was magically alright again once the Chelsea announcement came through is good proof of that.

"you cannot be momentarily happy when a good thing happens if there are other bad things happening"

what a way to view the world

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Karl Sharks posted:

what court decision

Some court in Madrid said that fifa couldn’t bar players from the World Cup.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Karl Sharks posted:

"you cannot be momentarily happy when a good thing happens if there are other bad things happening"

what a way to view the world
Did anything good happen though? At the end of the day all Abramovich and Buck did was timidly climb down from a position that first made Chelsea like supervillianous scum and then like an international laughingstock within the space of two days.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Bape Culture posted:

Reaganomics!

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

doesn’t the Spanish or Madrid government just do a really shady deal every time Real needs money, like “oh we’ll buy this shack beside your training ground, does €750,000,000 sound good?”

Haramstufe Rot
Jun 24, 2016

*ignores talent development*

*goes deeply in debt to make their lovely Football team good*

*still loses CL*

*more debt*

"The current system ISN'T WORKING"

lmao here's a proposal: Teams are no longer allowed to go into debt. There. Sustainable and problem solved

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

jesus WEP posted:

doesn’t the Spanish or Madrid government just do a really shady deal every time Real needs money, like “oh we’ll buy this shack beside your training ground, does €750,000,000 sound good?”
The original Galacticos project that started 20-25 years ago was only possible because of a shady land deal between the club and the Spanish government.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Why not just have a Super Small League instead? Barca vs Real Madrid every other Wednesday is the high quality football the kids are craving.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

jesus WEP posted:

Franco's ghost looking down on Florentino Perez, "You're doing a great job son, a great job!"

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Crazy Ted posted:

Did anything good happen though?

Better than what would've happened if this thing happened yes

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

Flayer posted:

Why not just have a Super Small League instead? Barca vs Real Madrid every other Wednesday is the high quality football the kids are craving.

Just play an online game in FIFA if that's what you crave

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

So, a few clubs will be up for sale?

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
goon project, let's buy Arsenal Football Club

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

vyelkin posted:

Can we move them to las vegas?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

vyelkin posted:

cheaper and easier option to get involved in the newcastle fan ownership scheme where it all gets donated to local charities if it goes bust

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

BUG JUG posted:

Can we move them to las vegas?

as the last two days have shown, we as owners would have absolute power to do anything we want with no consequences whatsoever

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group
The Rock Island Arsenal

Similar history, better city!

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
finally something to do when I have to go Davenport other than wish I was dead

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
well this was some fun news to wake up to

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
just saw this thread and I just wanted to say:

lol

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Jose posted:

cheaper and easier option to get involved in the newcastle fan ownership scheme where it all gets donated to local charities if it goes bust

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpOY4u8hL_E&t=12s

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

will a football pitch fit on alcatraz island

not wedded to a yes here but it'll make it easier to pitch to arsenalfantv

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

You already support the broncos why not own them?

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Jose posted:

You already support the broncos why not own them?

you're only complicit if there's a paper trail

The DPRK
Nov 18, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
goodnight thread, what a day. 🥳

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

vyelkin posted:

stakeholders stakeholders stakeholders Stakeholders Stakeholders Stakeholders STAKEHOLDERS STAKEHOLDERS STAKEHOLDERS

Gonna be legacy stakeholders soon