Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should troll Fancy Pelosi be allowed to stay?
This poll is closed.
Yes 160 32.92%
No 326 67.08%
Total: 486 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Ynglaur posted:

There is some precedent. I believe it was Newark, NJ (someone please double-check me) that basically disbanded their police force and stood one up from scratch. New leadership, new officers, new training, everything. It's largely seen as a success - people are far more likely to call the police for help now, and actually receive help, and the number of times police are required to use violent methods is far lower than before.

I think a lot--maybe even all--of it comes down to leadership climate. If the leadership inspires their officers to view themselves as "a thin blue line", then they'll act with violence quickly. If officers are trained first to serve, and then to protect themselves, we'd see a lot less violence. Yes, police work is dangerous and they "put their life on the line" for others. That's the job. It doesn't give them license to use wanton violence. In some ways, we should see less violence from police than from civilians precisely because they have greater means to defend themselves using non-violent and less-violent means.

eugene oregon also has a model program for non-police emergency responders that dispatches a medic van with iirc an emt and someone trained to deal with mental health and drug crises. They handle 60-70% of all calls for their county now and are extremely popular and many times more cost effective than having the police respond to everything. The van service is run by the same non-profit entity that also runs a bunch of free medical and dental clinics in the area and they're generally well-received on calls because they're transparently just there to help however they can and not to shoot anyone or haul anyone off to jail.

https://whitebirdclinic.org/what-is-cahoots/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

If we merge West Virginia and Virginia would Super Virginia be a blue or red state

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Youth Decay posted:

If we merge West Virginia and Virginia would Super Virginia be a blue or red state

Depends on who can wrestle control of the local government I imagine.

JehovahsWetness
Dec 9, 2005

bang that shit retarded
Ithaca's also adopting a reform model that includes stuff from CAHOOTS: https://www.gq.com/story/ithaca-mayor-svante-myrick-police-reform

(there hasn't been a cop union contract here for awhile and this also help settle that, i think. ithaca police union loving sucks.)

Kraftwerk
Aug 13, 2011
i do not have 10,000 bircoins, please stop asking

I've always visualized police reform as something done by disbanding existing police forces and training an entirely separate force with foreign trainers sent in from say Sweden or Norway where the cops are probably much better at being a public service rather than an occupying army.
Like Norwegian police have firearms locked in the squadcar and the station needs to radio in permission from the chief before firearms use is authorized. Cops on patrol are unarmed.

Kraftwerk fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Apr 21, 2021

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

TulliusCicero posted:

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1384688301962141697?s=20

:lol:

Tucker melting down in real time, cutting off his guest for saying Chauvin was wrong and doing a Joker Laugh. Dude actually is a full on insane white supremacist, holy poo poo. :stonklol:

thats makes me curious about the next time his buddy Glenn goes on.

but yeah, dudes gonna break even harder on tv and somehow get fired because he shouts the N word.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I really think at this point it's going to take a big thing for Tucker to get fired. He's had other scandals that have gone away when he took a 'vacation'. He also regularly regurgitates Alt Right talking points on air every night without an issue.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

FlamingLiberal posted:

I really think at this point it's going to take a big thing for Tucker to get fired. He's had other scandals that have gone away when he took a 'vacation'. He also regularly regurgitates Alt Right talking points on air every night without an issue.

Isn't he Fox News's #1 draw by a wide margin? If he goes the entire business goes.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

FlamingLiberal posted:

HE Aint getting fired dude this is what tucker does, he is a stooge to texas oilmen and the aryan brotherhood funding FOX news

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

FlamingLiberal posted:

i think its couple opitions. 1. he loving brakes all "descretion" and starts shouting slurs because he thinks he is untoachable/the country is behind him. 2. poo poo gets leaked of him shouting slurs or probably some other hosed up poo poo. probably have to be "recent" too. 3. poo poo happens behind the scenes thats so bad he is forced out and gives some "i am moving on" speech. other then those things and probably only maybe, does he get fired.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Youth Decay posted:

Well, they split up because of the Civil War, and seeing where Virginia seems to be heading, it might be time to reunite them...except it appears the political poles have reversed somewhat

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Man, Tucker laughing like a very sane person.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 14 hours!
not a graphic design goon or art degree haver, but i did watch that one video about good flags and seals on bed sheets or SoBs, but why have a bunch of stars when we can just have one big one or just like 13 stars or some other much smaller symbolic number of stars?

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Dapper_Swindler posted:

but yeah, dudes gonna break even harder on tv and somehow get fired because he shouts the N word.

Fox has him and Hanitty. Its going to take more than one slur to sink Tucker.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

tucker would not be fired for shouting the n-word dude. he's gone into open white supremacy enough times that he would just lose a single reverse mortgage advertiser then have a "Why can they say it" episode the next day.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Sedisp posted:

Fox has him and Hanitty. Its going to take more than one slur to sink Tucker.

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

tucker would not be fired for shouting the n-word dude. he's gone into open white supremacy enough times that he would just lose a single reverse mortgage advertiser then have a "Why can they say it" episode the next day.

https://twitter.com/justinbaragona/status/1384674717873934338

true but it looks like something is coming down the pipe at some point.

Relevant Tangent posted:

Man, Tucker laughing like a very sane person.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFR5oZQrIVc

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

What ads even run at this point for him? Gold for cash, Trumpy Bear, MypillowGuy? Catheters and reverse mortgages?

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

this was a literal revenge killing for chauvin's conviction

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

TulliusCicero posted:

What ads even run at this point for him? Gold for cash, Trumpy Bear, MypillowGuy? Catheters and reverse mortgages?

Honestly we're probably at the point where his advertisers would lose more money from chuds calling them traitors to free speech

"Oh you're going to bow to the Communists just because Tucker recited the fourteen words?!"

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 14 hours!
It more likely Fox has gigadollar licenses for various deep learning AIs for deepfakes for Hannity and Tuck then them actually cancelling them.

though the scene from Matrix 2 and The Architect saying that The Machines are willing to try out certain levels of survival comes to mind.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

How long has tucker used the royal we?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

ketchup vs catsup posted:

How long has tucker used the royal we?

he probably isnt at least intentionally. he is trying to make it sound like the story is some deep smear against fox instead of how he was probably a racist pervert in college or something.

Kalit
Nov 6, 2006

The great thing about the thousands of slaughtered Palestinian children is that they can't pull away when you fondle them or sniff their hair.

That's a Biden success story.

TulliusCicero posted:

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1384688301962141697?s=20

:lol:

Tucker melting down in real time, cutting off his guest for saying Chauvin was wrong and doing a Joker Laugh. Dude actually is a full on insane white supremacist, holy poo poo. :stonklol:

I was curious about the full interview. I found this one that lasted 3:24 and thought it was only a clip of it. Nope, it's the entire interview :laffo:

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

A big flaming stink posted:

this was a literal revenge killing for chauvin's conviction

pretty impressive, really, what with the revenge shooting being half an hour before the verdict announcement

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

GreyjoyBastard posted:

pretty impressive, really, what with the revenge shooting being half an hour before the verdict announcement

They were hoping those jurors glued to the news would see it, clearly

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

GreyjoyBastard posted:

do you disagree their actions strongly point towards anger at being held accountable for once?

like "blue lives matter" what the gently caress you might as well say "white power"

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

do you disagree their actions strongly point towards anger at being held accountable for once?

I don't think cops generally need a specific reason to be violent and aggrieved at their perceived declining status

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

like "blue lives matter" what the gently caress you might as well say "white power"
You can be incensed at what happened and still not make poo poo up about it. Cops do enough reprehensible poo poo already that it shouldn't be necessary.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Do you think Cops are only violent assholes when one of them is found guilty?

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

Video of the Columbus shooting is out, but I'm having a hard time finding a non-chud source on Twitter.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

FBS posted:

Video of the Columbus shooting is out, but I'm having a hard time finding a non-chud source on Twitter.

Make sure it’s actually of this shooting. Chuds love trying to inject misinformation into developing stories.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
seriously, you all think them saying "blue lives matter" was not motivated by the chauvin trial???? im frankly at a complete loss if that's what you actually believe :psyduck:

socialsecurity posted:

Do you think Cops are only violent assholes when one of them is found guilty?

i think a gang will behave more violently when one of their own is attacked, yes.

recall the chris dorner rampage

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

Make sure it’s actually of this shooting. Chuds love trying to inject misinformation into developing stories.

Here's a local news upload of the police press conference. The relevant footage is within the first ~35 seconds of the linked video. :nws: :nms: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_eCdzF-4aUY

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

seriously, you all think them saying "blue lives matter" was not motivated by the chauvin trial???? im frankly at a complete loss if that's what you actually believe :psyduck:

i think a gang will behave more violently when one of their own is attacked, yes.

recall the chris dorner rampage

Does it matter? She's just as dead regardless. Their actions are indefensible regardless.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

It was very likely motivated by the trial but suggesting it was motivated by the verdict seems a bridge too far

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

FBS posted:

Here's a local news upload of the police press conference. The relevant footage is within the first ~35 seconds of the linked video. :nws: :nms: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_eCdzF-4aUY

It looks like she was lunging at the other girl with a knife. Cop's story will likely be that he was trying to save her. He was obviously in 0 danger at that moment and her back was turned, so there isn't even the thinnest line for a self-defense claim.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
Edit NVM

Timeless Appeal fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Apr 21, 2021

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

FBS posted:

holy gently caress thats bad. the issue will be that they can spin it as him trying to save another life or something to some extent.

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

It looks like she was lunging at the other girl with a knife. Cop's story will likely be that he was trying to save her. He was obviously in 0 danger at that moment and her back was turned, so there isn't even the thinnest line for a self-defense claim.

this. he also just pumped shots into her. my guess is he will be maybe fired or maybe charged with manslaughter or some poo poo,

Alctel
Jan 16, 2004

I love snails

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Yeah, it really looks like she was going for the other girl with a knife.

Isn't this situation exactly what tasers are for?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Alctel posted:

Yeah, it really looks like she was going for the other girl with a knife.

Isn't this situation exactly what tasers are for?

probably or he could have tackled her. like its very clearly at least manslaughter, but the hosed up thing is i would be surprised if he gets fired or charged, and not even just because of thin blue wall bullshit. the issue is probably gonna be "he drew the gun and rapid fired some girl in a close fight with another girl and could have easly hit both AND why did he fire like 5 shots". he might get a charge for that.