Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

von Vicious posted:

Everyone wants Doge to succeed

nah im shorting it i want that bitch to fuckin freefall

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vesi
Jan 12, 2005

pikachu looking at?
burning up the planet and its graphics cards for laughs & community

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

von Vicious posted:

Also, me personally, im putting money in as well. I know tomorrow will be big. I'm going to make a few nice profits, and exit tomorrow at it's peak, before I get screwed over and wait eternally for another rise like this. Not financial advice.

How's this workin' out for you?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

hbag posted:

nah im shorting it i want that bitch to fuckin freefall

Hey. Cool it. It's a male dog.

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

Paladinus posted:

Hey. Cool it. It's a male dog.

wrong again fucker

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

Dogecoin exists to help the exchanges make money on you changing your coins around.

It is bad.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
Kabosu is a good dog and does not deserve to have her reputation tarnished by being associated with cryptocurrency

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
I know like 5 people who bought into doge at like .40+ thanks to how easy it is to throw money into Robinhood. You don't even have to wait for your cash to transfer.

Man. They are going to not enjoy watching doge slowly go down. At least BTC seems to have a somewhat steady floor of 50K lately.

Or not. Maybe doge will go back up and to the moon? WHO KNOWS :shrug:

I'm definitely getting some 1929 vibes off of HEY EVERYONE INVEST IN STOCK MARKET ITS SO EASY AND NUMBERS NEVER GO DOWN

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

jeeves posted:

I know like 5 people who bought into doge at like .40+ thanks to how easy it is to throw money into Robinhood. You don't even have to wait for your cash to transfer.

Man. They are going to not enjoy watching doge slowly go down. At least BTC seems to have a somewhat steady floor of 50K lately.

Or not. Maybe doge will go back up and to the moon? WHO KNOWS :shrug:

I'm definitely getting some 1929 vibes off of HEY EVERYONE INVEST IN STOCK MARKET ITS SO EASY AND NUMBERS NEVER GO DOWN
The top 4 free apps on the Play store:
1. Coinbase
2. Robinhood
3. Tiktok
4. Crypto.com [which allows buying doge]

A bunch of otherwise totally normal people I follow on Twitter are now posting doge moon memes.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

I've said it before, but it is staggering how bubbles are currently just forming some kind of three phase wave form, one taking over when the former is going down. This year lone we had like 3 to 4 solid bubbles, some of them just weeks apart. This is appearantly what happens when people are not spending their money on useless poo poo all day. They lose their money on useless stock instead.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
So many people buy doges just because they saw a meme on twitter, but then they're left with a pretty ill-tempered high-maintenance pet that they have no idea how to care for. If you want a cool meme pet, buy a bitcoin.

InternetJunky
May 25, 2002

Most artists are not making money off NFTs and here are some graphs to prove it
https://thatkimparker.medium.com/most-artists-are-not-making-money-off-nfts-and-here-are-some-graphs-to-prove-it-c65718d4a1b8

Stealthgerbil
Dec 16, 2004

I sold my dogecoin and made 2k USD which was nice. I mined it back in the day so I had a little sad moment but that lasted about two seconds.

stellers bae
Feb 10, 2021

by Hand Knit
wow my ETH mining rig is making... a lot, way more than it has in many months. sweet

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

stellers bae posted:

wow my ETH mining rig is making... a lot, way more than it has in many months. sweet

gently caress you

salt shakeup
Jun 27, 2004

'orrible fucking nights
Hard drives are disappearing, I would buy them if you need them. I bought a fourth drive for my NAS (was going to wait expecting prices to drop..) and the guy at the store said people are coming in asking questions like "what's the max amount of hard drives I can connect to one motherboard" lol

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

lmao can u imagine if a thousand nerds sold off all their assets and put it all into my patreon account?! the looks on those fatcats' faces ROFl!

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
welp glad I upgraded my NAS drives months ago I guess

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

I'd rather they run a HDD block all day than buy all the GPUs and run them if pushing them into a volcano is off the table.
After my doge coin success my next joke buy will be brit coins.

von Vicious posted:

Doge Coin is unique as its value drives from its loving community.

Please do not romanticize speculative capitalism, even though there is a lot of small holders of doge that are like this or bought it as a joke, the ones that are controlling the price are purely using it as a means to profit off of this kind of magical thinking.

Flannelette fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Apr 21, 2021

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

Snoop Dogg promoting Doge Coin on 4/20 with a short video where he flies a spaceship with a Shiba Inu:
https://twitter.com/SnoopDogg/status/1384677589197856770?s=20
Also selling "Nyan Blunt" for .420 ETH
https://www.nyandogg.com/

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
this is from a few pages ago, but that new coin that uses empty space on drives reminds me of the shortest self replicating program contest and how a program of nothing won one year and then they amended the rules to not have that happen again.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

stellers bae posted:

I've been mining a bit with my gpu and the rewards went up by 30 percent of so the last few days. Rumor has it there's a huge Powe routage in China in an area with a poo poo load of mining factories. Causes by, get this, a mining accident.

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

PhazonLink posted:

then they amended the rules to not have that happen again.

We call this government regulation here.

busalover
Sep 12, 2020
The NFT version of the million dollar pixel website

https://milliontokenwebsite.com/

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Son of Rodney posted:

I've been mining a bit with my gpu and the rewards went up by 30 percent of so the last few days. Rumor has it there's a huge Powe routage in China in an area with a poo poo load of mining factories. Causes by, get this, a mining accident.

gently caress you

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
I am not thread banned. Please stop putting it in your report messages that I'm thread banned.

Bright Bart
Apr 27, 2020

False. There is only one electron and it has never stopped
Saw this ad:

"Pizza costs twice as much as it did 10 years ago. But did the value of pizza really change? Get a better form of money, join over 4 million customers at Bitstamp."

Cryptocurrency: The money that is immune from inflation.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Bright Bart posted:

Saw this ad:

"Pizza costs twice as much as it did 10 years ago. But did the value of pizza really change? Get a better form of money, join over 4 million customers at Bitstamp."

The true value for crypto is the same as the true value of herbal "immunity boosters" like Airborne, as an placebo for people who don't understand a complicated subject (monetary policy for crypto, immunity for Airborne) and need a way to feel like they are in control.

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Bright Bart posted:

It is, which is arguably worse than not being so

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
ah yes, but have you considered pizza cost 5000 btc twelve years ago

Bright Bart
Apr 27, 2020

Ad by Khad posted:

ah yes, but have you considered pizza cost 5000 btc twelve years ago

Now you can buy 5000 pizzas with a BTC!

e: One coin is now worth approximately the same as full kilogram bar of gold. I think about that a lot.

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

Bright Bart posted:

Saw this ad:

lol only if you're a fool that buys anything other than the most optimal pizza of all, the $5 little caesars pepperoni pizza

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH
I recently started mining the poo poo out of this 2070 Super while I wait for my 3080 Step-Up which will probably happened by next year if I'm lucky. Figure I may as well get something out of this long rear end wait.

Also, I think I have at least a couple Bitcoins floating around cyberspace somewhere leftover from buying drugs on Silk Road like 10-11 years ago and not the slightest clue how to find them. Sucks for me!

Well, those are my Bitcoin stories.

Bright Bart
Apr 27, 2020

Black Sunshine posted:

Sucks for me!

Well, yes. Unless you would just buy more drugs with the coin. In which case it still sucks but also might save your life as $50,000 buys a lot of RCs tainted with opioids.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

Bright Bart posted:

Well, yes. Unless you would just buy more drugs with the coin. In which case it still sucks but also might save your life as $50,000 buys a lot of RCs tainted with opioids.

It was really just weed and some pills but I only gently caress with alcohol these days on account of random drug tests at work. It's been so long that I can't remember if the system they had for forcing the buys through BTC meant that an independent exchange was the holder of the BTC or if they had their own in-house exchange. If the latter, I'm pretty sure the owner of that site got busted for trying to hire a hitman for whatever reason and ran off with a bunch of stolen money from the site. Weird poo poo.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
:nsamad: <-- this is my brain coming online as i thought about bitcoin mining, and i knew it was wrong.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
I just want to say that I hate everything. gently caress crypto

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
all your lost bitcoins will be waiting for you in the hereafter :angel:

catspleen
Sep 12, 2003

I orphaned his children. I widowed his wife.

Gazpacho posted:

With the FBI?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Gazpacho posted:

GraveCoin: you really can take it with you! Buy and then hodl forever.

Also available as GraveNFT for artwork.