Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Apparently IGN got a Paramount rep to confirm that Dorn hasn't been brought back to anything Trek TV related

https://www.ign.com/articles/worf-actor-teases-star-trek-return-but-paramount-shoots-down-picard-rumors

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire

FlamingLiberal posted:

I liked the original better tbh

I forgot that the original let you phaser Janeway and the rest of the Voyager crew in the face.

Prob tips the scales in that game’s favor!

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
At least according to the alt history Janeway killed, that is saving the federation and killing the future that discovery is in. Making you the true hero.

Marshal Radisic
Oct 9, 2012

EF1 also had a budding romance with the security officer (Telsia, I believe her name was) along with the option to play as either a male or female Ensign Munro. However, because they didn't change the dialogue, we ended up with the slightly-unfortunate situation where you're either a straight man or a surprise lesbian.

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep

FlamingLiberal posted:

Apparently IGN got a Paramount rep to confirm that Dorn hasn't been brought back to anything Trek TV related

https://www.ign.com/articles/worf-actor-teases-star-trek-return-but-paramount-shoots-down-picard-rumors

good he's been spared

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

Axe-man posted:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/364820/Star_Trek_Starfleet_Command_Gold_Edition/

Hell yeah, still do from time to time! It was a pretty great game. Very shallow though, once you basically got to a scertain point you pretty much just rolled over everything.

Hey I just bought this on steam but true to the original release it crashes on me after a minute or two. Really takes me back

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
The Gog version is the way to go, it works fine. Still great though, and yeah it was that buggy on release.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

a neat cape posted:

I have thought about this long and hard

How is Nog not in the sole SSS++ tier.

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
I used to think Enterprise was better than Voyager, mostly because the episodes with Jeffrey Combs are so good and T'Pol is cool. However, I think I might narrowly give it to Voyager now; it's aggressively bland, but there's less terrible episodes and the actress cast as eyecandy is treated marginally better.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Tiers should always be in
S
A
B
C
D
E
F
BANISHED

format

Superb Trek
Always welcome in Trek
Better than a lot of Trek
Caution about this Trek

And so on

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

The best part of Star Trek Timelines is the ridiculous characters they decide to throw out.

Like now I get to send George and Gracie on missions, because why the hell not

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Sash! posted:

The best part of Star Trek Timelines is the ridiculous characters they decide to throw out.

Like now I get to send George and Gracie on missions, because why the hell not

They added René Auberjonois' character from loving MASH in the game.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

FlamingLiberal posted:

Note the articles mentions that it shoots down 'Picard' appearances, not 'Lower Decks' or 'Prodigy'.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

8one6 posted:

They added René Auberjonois' character from loving MASH in the game.

As for Voyager v Enterprise, I still give it to Enterprise. There are a lot of terrible Enterprise episodes, sure, but Star Trek: Thy'lek Shran is a lovely series. You can just skip all the rest. That's what I did over the past few weeks and that's a pretty fun watch.

They still treat Blalock like she's a loving stripper or something though, drat man.

...is it unfair for me to judge Enterprise as better if I never watched Voyager when it came out, and still havent?

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

I haven't played Timelines in a couple years but IIRC a bunch of characters got the "other shows" treatment, another one was Game of Thrones Bashir

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

XboxPants posted:

...is it unfair for me to judge Enterprise as better if I never watched Voyager when it came out, and still havent?

Yes. There are some good to flat out amazing episodes of Voyager in it’s run, far more than there were on Enterprise.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

nine-gear crow posted:

Yes. There are some good to flat out amazing episodes of Voyager in it’s run, far more than there were on Enterprise.
Not just that, but Shran isn't on Enterprise enough to make up for the rest of it

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

XboxPants posted:

As for Voyager v Enterprise, I still give it to Enterprise. There are a lot of terrible Enterprise episodes, sure, but Star Trek: Thy'lek Shran is a lovely series. You can just skip all the rest. That's what I did over the past few weeks and that's a pretty fun watch.

Hell yeah that's the show I watched too. The adventures of an awesome guy who turns up all WHATCHA DOIN PINKSKIN THIS IS THE WORST INFILTRATION I'VE EVER SEEN GOOD THING I TURNED UP and then does amazing poo poo for half the episode, then kickflips away into space. Also the motorized Andorian antennae are adorable.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
As the resident Enterprise fanboy, this made me curious what I’d count as the show’s “holy wow now that’s trek” episodes. Like 9 out of 10 and above. My list, with asterisks next to the cream of the crop.

The Andorian Incident
Silent Enemy
Carbon Creek
Dead Stop*
Judgment
Cogenitor
Twilight
Stratagem
Damage
Home*
Kir’Shara
Observer Effect*
United
The Aenar*
In A Mirror, Darkly (both)
Terra Prime

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

HD DAD posted:

As the resident Enterprise fanboy, this made me curious what I’d count as the show’s “holy wow now that’s trek” episodes. Like 9 out of 10 and above. My list, with asterisks next to the cream of the crop.

The Andorian Incident
Silent Enemy
Carbon Creek
Dead Stop*
Judgment
Cogenitor
Twilight
Stratagem
Damage
Home*
Kir’Shara
Observer Effect*
United
The Aenar*
In A Mirror, Darkly (both)
Terra Prime

I'd add to that list:

Similitude
Azati Prime

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

McSpanky posted:

"Sergeant, make it spin."
"Spin? Si-sir, it doesn't spin."
"What? It has to spin, it's round! Spinning is so much cooler than not spinning. I-I'm the general, I want it to spin. Now!"
"Yes, sir."

Indeed.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

YOU! THE ONE WHO DISLIKES GOWRON!

EXPERENCE BIIIIIIJ!

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
Gowron is the ultimate failing upwards putz. Who doesn't loving love Gowron?

Only thing bad about Gowron is that they should have devoted the entire DS9 episode to his death instead of just one scene!

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

jeeves posted:

Gowron is the ultimate failing upwards putz. Who doesn't loving love Gowron?

Only thing bad about Gowron is that they should have devoted the entire DS9 episode to his death instead of just one scene!

The lost episode of DS9, "Everybody Kills Gowron"

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

nine-gear crow posted:

The lost episode of DS9, "Everybody Kills Gowron"

Murder on the Warrior Express. Everyone on the Bird of Prey took a turn in stabbing him.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Just watched 'Starship Mine', a good and fun 'die hard' style of an episode. I especially enjoyed Data's small talk efforts.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
https://twitter.com/levarburton/status/1384948157671411713

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I know they won't pick him, but if they called up old Sash to pick a new Jeopardy host, I'd take LeVar Burton without hesitation.

It feels so full circle, given how so many Jeopardy contestants likely watched Reading Rainbow.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

Sash! posted:

I know they won't pick him, but if they called up old Sash to pick a new Jeopardy host, I'd take LeVar Burton without hesitation.

It feels so full circle, given how so many Jeopardy contestants likely watched Reading Rainbow.

...Or how many engineers were on the show, starting their careers because of him.

Dude is a gem and they'd be stupid not to have him host. The internet has spoken!

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Sash! posted:

Also when they show the category and clue for Final Jeopardy they can use this noise :v:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBaUcYqKoTs

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
I just hope all the contestant interviews make him do his adorable giggle :3:

Lester Shy
May 1, 2002

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
I haven't watched any of the non-Trebek episodes, but now that LeVar is in my head I can't imagine anyone else.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
I actually started watching star trek cause of lemar burton cause I watched reading rainbow growing up and it opened the world of books. Which then has soured into the modern day of "Holy crap is everything written like it is dime store fan fiction?" drat you fiction, your promise of new worlds is all gone. :negative:

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Axe-man posted:

I actually started watching star trek cause of lemar burton cause I watched reading rainbow growing up and it opened the world of books. Which then has soured into the modern day of "Holy crap is everything written like it is dime store fan fiction?" drat you fiction, your promise of new worlds is all gone. :negative:

There are a lot of good books actually.

Roadie
Jun 30, 2013

Axe-man posted:

Sounds like you're suffering from survivorship bias.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
LeVar is easily the nicest celeb I’ve met at a con, so I hope he gets the job. Solid dude.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
Seconding LeVar as being a super chill and cool dude, I’m happy the internet did him a solid and he’s gonna do great.

Actually most Trek people I’ve met have been really nice - though it’s hard to beat Frakes, who is the personification of a bear hug.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

LeVar is one of those celebrities, along with Tom Hanks and a few others, that seems like a genuinely nice and down to earth person. Success doesn't seem to have spoiled him at all, and I'm really looking forward to his week(s) hosting Jeopardy. I discovered Reading Rainbow long before TNG, but I've never actually seen the infamous TNG episode of that show for whatever reason.

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!
LeVar let the Greatest Generation podcast interview him, knowing the podcast was at least 75 percent piss-drinking jokes, and he was super friendly and fit in with the humor perfectly ("Geordi was the only main cast member who never got laid, and that is BULLSHIT").

He probably won't win the permanent Jeopardy gig (I mean, they're gonna give it to Ken Jennings, right?), but I'll be watching his guest week for sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

WhiteHowler posted:

LeVar let the Greatest Generation podcast interview him, knowing the podcast was at least 75 percent piss-drinking jokes, and he was super friendly and fit in with the humor perfectly ("Geordi was the only main cast member who never got laid, and that is BULLSHIT").

He probably won't win the permanent Jeopardy gig (I mean, they're gonna give it to Ken Jennings, right?), but I'll be watching his guest week for sure.

I'd be okay if either Burton or Jennings got the full time gig. Both would be preferable through.