Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

indigi posted:

didn't he, though?

I appreciate that this artist draws everyone with extra chromosomes

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

BvS owns because instead of having the superheroes buddy CIA agent murder black people it instead blows his brains out

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

indigi posted:

didn't he, though?

Why's Fred Flintstone interviewing Lex Luthor?

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS

Does that comic live up to this panel or what

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Blood Boils posted:

It's great, you should read it. And it's not very long either

nonathlon
Jul 9, 2004
And yet, somehow, now it's my fault ...

Blood Boils posted:

Incredibly, it does. It's scathing about capitalism, colonization, the economy.

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

Blood Boils posted:

It's pretty good for what it is.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

As someone not into comics at all, Batman being part of the justice league and fighting aliens and monsters and stuff seems weird.

you know how billionaires can shove themselves to do Everest climbs despite a lack of proper training or expertise just by throwing enough money at the base camp and sherpas? It's kind of like that

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:

gradenko_2000 posted:

you know how billionaires can shove themselves to do Everest climbs despite a lack of proper training or expertise just by throwing enough money at the base camp and sherpas? It's kind of like that

given the existence of the six figure income management types who also go to Everest but just by barely affording it and also die doing it sometimes I’m curious on what comic book character is that equivalent

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
They actually do often justify it with Batman basically being actually skilled and crazy enough to survive and contribute to superpowered smackdowns along with being totally willing to die for the cause

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
I think the implication is batman is funding the whole thing so he bought his spot, so to speak

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Tho now that im thinking about it id love a comic where batman leaves or something and the league has to meet at clark kents tiny apartment he shares with 4 other news people

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

mandatory lesbian posted:

Tho now that im thinking about it id love a comic where batman leaves or something and the league has to meet at clark kents tiny apartment he shares with 4 other news people

The Justice League vs the Condo Association arc got real weird

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

gradenko_2000 posted:

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Dr. Killjoy posted:

given the existence of the six figure income management types who also go to Everest but just by barely affording it and also die doing it sometimes I’m curious on what comic book character is that equivalent
Green Arrow

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

you lose your seat on the Justice League if you get too radical for Batman. there are like 5 Flashes because they keep endorsing M4A so Batman hires a new one.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
Ollie > Bruce any day imo

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
yeah weird that the guy who shoots arrows never got more popular than the guy with a cool car

loving dork, nice facial hair

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
Superman and Wonderwoman can create diamonds from coal just by squeezing their hands, they don't need Batman for his money, but they humor him all the same

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

The United States posted:

Superman and Wonderwoman can create diamonds from coal just by squeezing their hands, they don't need Batman for his money, but they humor him all the same

kinda hard to finance the justice league off diamonds when every transaction has to be in cash at pawn shops

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Is this thread just comic books and star trek

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

feel free to talk about something else

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

paul_soccer12 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLoBMUqNuBE

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

halfway serious answer we dont generally discuss video games or anime since there are other dedicated cspam threads for those topics but its not like wed try to stop you

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
sorry

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

paul_soccer12 posted:

There's no other culture left because the operas are closed down due to covid

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

not true, i've been cultivating plenty of cultures over the past year

thatfatkid
Feb 20, 2011

by Azathoth
Just watched Aaron Sorkins Trial of the Chicago 7. Its pure distilled lib ideology.

He literally invents an undercover cop character that tries to defuse the riots rather than being agent provocateurs they always are. Watch it win all the big Oscars.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

The Oscar goes to that Netflix movie that's apparently George Floyd in groundhog day.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

What the gently caress

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

The Oscar goes to that Netflix movie that's apparently George Floyd in groundhog day.

Do cops kill him in a different way every day

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

i only just noticed that ma raineys black bottom didnt get a best picture nod which is appropriate in that its a very lazy adaptation of a stage play thats not very good but a little bewildering in the context of it being the frontrunner for both lead acting awards

viola davis was legitimately good enough to earn it but chadwick boseman winning because hes dead and was in a marvel movie is just the dumbest thing i didnt realize who he was but every time he was onscreen i was just going when are we going to get to the ma rainey scenes

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

thatfatkid posted:

Just watched Aaron Sorkins Trial of the Chicago 7. Its pure distilled lib ideology.

He literally invents an undercover cop character that tries to defuse the riots rather than being agent provocateurs they always are. Watch it win all the big Oscars.

I wish Sorkin just did The Newsroom forever because that show is so hilariously bad

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

mastershakeman posted:

Do cops kill him in a different way every day

Pretty much

Full spoilers I guess:

The movie act's like they are gonna learn to get along but it turns out the cop is aware of the loop and loving it. The ending is the victim giving a speech about how he will eventually overcome.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

there should be an awards show for movies released 10 years ago, that way only the real gems will stand out and studios wouldn't try to influence the vote for marketing reasons.

like, what was the best movie from 2011? That's what we should be deciding on this year.

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

DesertIslandHermit posted:

I wish Sorkin just died

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

DesertIslandHermit posted:

I wish Sorkin just did The Newsroom forever because that show is so hilariously bad

The Newsroom for the Trump era would be loving incredible in how bad it would be

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

Atrocious Joe posted:

there should be an awards show for movies released 10 years ago, that way only the real gems will stand out and studios wouldn't try to influence the vote for marketing reasons.

like, what was the best movie from 2011? That's what we should be deciding on this year.

Fast Five