Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Platystemon)

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Malleum posted:

lithium ion battery fires are self-sustaining because they create their own oxygen, so smothering it does nothing

the future is beautiful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Milo and POTUS posted:

I always knew Nick Cage was going to save us all

Custom printed masks to fool the cams.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

Uh, as far as that cat is concerned, this is very much in the wrong thread

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
yeah that just seems like a utopia tbh

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

achewood TV show looking good

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

more falafel please posted:

achewood TV show looking good

Watch out for them Magreaux Dogs.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Volmarias posted:

Uh, as far as that cat is concerned, this is very much in the wrong thread

I bet the dog thinks differently though

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Millions of Canadians had no cell phone service all day because of *checks notes* a software update.
https://about.rogers.com/news-ideas/a-message-from-jorge-fernandes-chief-technology-officer-at-rogers/

quote:

We have identified the root cause of the service issues and pinpointed a recent Ericsson software update that affected a piece of equipment in the central part of our wireless network. That led to intermittent congestion and service impacts for many customers across the country.

LOL a software update bricked our country. I guess we're just lucky it was a swedish company and not a chinese company, I can only imagine the shitstorm if it had been a chinese software update. (They say "intermittent" but many customers are saying we had no service at all for about 9 hours.)

Which lead to emergency services putting out helpful tweets like this:
https://twitter.com/PeelPolice/status/1384123126095573000

Fun times.

Gods_Butthole
Aug 9, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Facebook Aunt posted:

Millions of Canadians had no cell phone service all day because of *checks notes* a software update.
https://about.rogers.com/news-ideas/a-message-from-jorge-fernandes-chief-technology-officer-at-rogers/

LOL a software update bricked our country. I guess we're just lucky it was a swedish company and not a chinese company, I can only imagine the shitstorm if it had been a chinese software update. (They say "intermittent" but many customers are saying we had no service at all for about 9 hours.)

Which lead to emergency services putting out helpful tweets like this:
https://twitter.com/PeelPolice/status/1384123126095573000

Fun times.

Lol, can't wait to die due to a wacky series of events that start with a burned out coder flipping a sign.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Gods_Butthole posted:

Lol, can't wait to die due to a wacky series of events that start with a burned out coder flipping a sign.

Pushed back on rectifying the defect because all people with the condition are already dead, so there should be no issue going forward. Instead knocked out highly requested font highlighting issue for v21

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

https://twitter.com/Beschizza/status/1383956491619631106?s=19

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

What a disgusting article/headline and gently caress Amazon forever.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

https://twitter.com/oliviasolon/status/1384582517424943104?s=20

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
patient privacy is a joke anyway all colonoscopies should be public information, the full goatse

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

i scream inside my heart

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Private Cumshoe posted:

patient privacy is a joke anyway all colonoscopies should be public information, the full goatse

I mean if someone wants to make a 3d rendering of my rear end than yeah go for it.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

Honestly, I would be far more upset with someone sharing images of the outside of my rear end than the inside. At that point, it's just general anatomy.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Volmarias posted:

Honestly, I would be far more upset with someone sharing images of the outside of my rear end than the inside. At that point, it's just general anatomy.

wikicolon will identify you in a heartbeat.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

shaming the human rear end in a top hat is counterrevolutionary

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

Inceltown posted:

wikicolon will identify you in a heartbeat.

I guess more power to you, the inside of my colon isn't really something I have anything to be ashamed about?

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Volmarias posted:

I guess more power to you, the inside of my colon isn't really something I have anything to be ashamed about?

Fw: FW: Fw: LOOK AT THIS GUY'S SIGMOID HAHAHAHA (edit: OMG it's TOTALLY Volmarias, just look at that sacral plexus)

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

gently caress.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Volmarias posted:

Has your rear end been described as "yeah, it's nice"?

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

Volmarias posted:

Did you get rear end implants or something I couldn't parse this??

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

lol at “carefully remove the speaker grilles”

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Teslas are designed to kill the occupants in a crash so there's no one left alive to contradict Musk when he gets on Twitter an hour later and says the logs say autopilot was disabled and also the occupants were doing PCP at the time of the accident

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Removing the speaker grilles (safely)

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

“Go to Mars they said! What could possibly go wrong?”

https://twitter.com/IGN/status/1384733893228646403

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Private Cumshoe posted:

Literally a King Of The Hill episode.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

smellmycheese posted:

“Go to Mars they said! What could possibly go wrong?”

https://twitter.com/IGN/status/1384733893228646403

why would you be split on this subject? there's only one thing to do that makes sense; fry that fucker up

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

smarxist posted:

why would you be split on this subject? there's only one thing to do that makes sense; fry that fucker up

What if the alternatives are dead crew members or a live accompanying Elon Musk

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

The Oldest Man posted:

Teslas are designed to kill the occupants in a crash so there's no one left alive to contradict Musk when he gets on Twitter an hour later and says the logs say autopilot was disabled and also the occupants were doing PCP at the time of the accident

Reminds me of how the Sheridan tank got a better reputation than the Patton after Vietnam, because if the Sheridan got hit by an anti-tank rocket it would explode and kill everyone inside. On the other hand, there were lots of Patton survivors talking about how much it sucked when their tank got lit on fire.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

The Oldest Man posted:

What if the alternatives are dead crew members or a live accompanying Elon Musk

You just know that Musky is just gagging for the opportunity to eat some peon and get away with it to brag about it to his twitter followers

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

:geno: "Oh no, it appears the rocket has malfunctioned. I am forced to consume one of you for my own survival."
:confused: "What do you mean? The diagnostics program shows no malfunction-"
:geno: "Sounds like we have our first volunteer."

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Why would you? You are dead either way. Unless you talked about it with the other astronauts beforehand. Would make more sense to just have a suicide pact if there was no chance at rescue.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Chamale posted:

Reminds me of how the Sheridan tank got a better reputation than the Patton after Vietnam, because if the Sheridan got hit by an anti-tank rocket it would explode and kill everyone inside. On the other hand, there were lots of Patton survivors talking about how much it sucked when their tank got lit on fire.

Abraham Wald having a conniption

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Fried Watermelon posted:

Why would you? You are dead either way. Unless you talked about it with the other astronauts beforehand. Would make more sense to just have a suicide pact if there was no chance at rescue.

yeah, i think downing a suicide pill is better than eating a corpse and then dying anyway because help could never possibly reach me in time.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Seriously like just have an orgy, do all the drugs in the med bay, and then go for a walk without a helmet and get to be the first people who have ever really seen the stars with their naked eyes or whatever. I'm not gonna eat the mechanic and then starve to death a month later anyways.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

quote:

a contingency plan is devised in which all but one of the crew members would commit suicide. Their bodies would become a food source for the remaining crew member.
:black101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Bag of Milk
Jul 3, 2007

I don't see any American dream; I see an American nightmare.
seems like creating a culture where eating human flesh is sometimes permissible could have wider negative ramifications than just the cost/benefit analysis of one acute event