Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?
People have completed Day 49 with no agent deaths.

Rogue AI Goddess fucked around with this message at 23:29 on May 1, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008
Keep in mind TeeQueue isn't exactly playing on easy mode. If you use the Rabbits, and you've Day 1 reset a few times to get all the best equipment and stack your facility to make Day 49 easier, you can probably squeak by with 3 deaths or fewer from pausing (depending upon insanity and your willingness to send someone with white damage to help those employees) and 1 from the Clock.

White Night can also wreak havoc by rearranging your departments, especially if you have to try earlier days multiple times. So while having him for the boost to Paradise Lost is worthwhile, he makes managing your entire complex more difficult.

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009
I'm pretty sure Credentia died because the day ended with her panicked. It hasn't come up before, but any panicking agents at day end are automatically killed.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!

VinnyDonuts posted:

I love this thread. :five:

I had an idea for an actual agent gimmick way too late for TeeQueue to actually work it into the LP. At least I got to try it out at the last minute.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

Rogue AI Goddess posted:

People have completed Day 49 with no agent deaths, which I take as a sign that Mizu was not the only one of her kind.

Mizu is Carmen confirmed.

Rofaner
May 30, 2011

Deadmeat5150 posted:

Mizu is Carmen confirmed.

Mizu is to Carmen as Adam is to X.

DrKirre
Jun 11, 2014

Am I a mouse dreaming I'm a cat, or a scratching post dreaming I'm a bowl of wet food? Never assume what you see and feel is real!
Mmm... wet food...

Deadmeat5150 posted:

Mizu is the rest of Carmen confirmed.

All hail Queen Mizu Cutiemother.... All hail Queen Mizu Cutiemother.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

DrKirre posted:

Why exactly does Binah pass out mid-combat, anyway? The whole "the sandman calls...." bit seems counterproductive for a proper battle. What with the whole literally asleep thing.

she’s old and needs her naptime

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.
Day 49 Extra + Ending C

Adam is a very chatty boy, and he has more dialogue for if we press on and avoid dealing with the Arbiter! I'll put it here before we move on to the main event.

Level 8 posted:

People are too ignorant to see what is occurring in the world above them. However, ignorance is not a sin. Disbelief is.

Humanity had to give up on freedom and desire for survival, but do you think those are truly gone? No, they merely have been waiting for the chance to rise again.

The desires humanity has forsaken are floating deep under the stream. People shall be forever isolated from themselves and will never be free if they stay this way.

They thirst for pure desires. We shall fill their glasses with the juice and wine of the forbidden fruit.

Level 9 posted:

Freedom is a necessity for one to be truly human.

The sky shall fall, and mankind shall become holy. They will reach their promised glory as they change in the blink of an eye.

I know that you are not certain of what lies ahead for you. The future you yearn for may never come. I can show a proper future to you instead, right before your eyes.

Let go of your fear and gain true freedom. Doing so will also cure the disease she tried to heal.

Level 10 posted:

Can you not hear the trumpets...?

How shameful. Do you truly want to let people suffocate, trapped away in their skin?!

They are moaning in agony, even as we speak. Why can you not hear them?

Just one bite of this sweet fruit will redeem them, all of them!

Now then... let's get to the main event, shall we?

Ending C

Music: Vast Landscape

The game over text actually lasts a little longer than this single line.

Game Over posted:

Do you wish to know why it has come to this? It is due to your lack of self faith. Faithless actions only result in a dreadful death.

He just has to rub it in.

You are me, and I am you. I am the only one of us who realized the one truth, and stood atop the world itself. I am the you who shall leave the paths I walked once, and choose to join the world she truly wanted to create. And you and I, we shall be the us who can do whatever we imagine from now on.

The screen shakes during this portion.

Witness how this loss-ridden world is perfected by us. The foolish god named rationality ruled over this world until this moment. No, to call it a god is an overstatement. It is simply a tragic illusion. We shall drag it down from the heavens with our own hands and open everyone’s eyes to the truth. Yes, the world Carmen yearned for will soon unravel before your eyes.

From here, there's the sounds of panic and screaming in addition to the music.

Let us create this paradise, you and I. Even the Head and the Eye are merely human. They cannot stop those of us who have accepted the truth. You know that everything we witnessed in this land is only a shadow, and that you never saw the truth until now.

Those abandoned, those who hold power, those with wealth, those who remain hopeful, all of them. The tree of humanity will reach the root of this world. Again, behold.

Then we return to the title screen. So, that's Ending C. Adam unleashes his plan to turn everyone into monsters. This is a textbook example of a 6th Trumpet-the devs have clarified in interviews that the Head would be able to clean all of this up eventually, but in the meanwhile Lobotomy Corporation is definitely done for.

Poor Adam. Even when he wins, he can't really win. :(

TeeQueue fucked around with this message at 11:38 on Apr 21, 2021

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

TeeQueue posted:

This might be a textbook example of a 7th Trumpet, but only if the Head isn't somehow able to deal with the new threat. Whether they can or not is up for debate, of course-but at the very least, Lobotomy Corporation is as good as over.

Official Project Moon answer about this ending was "The Head will deal with it eventually"

A tantrum, even a superpowered tantrum, isn't going to defeat the Head. To the Head, this is just a bad tuesday.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.

Rogue AI Goddess posted:

People have completed Day 49 with no agent deaths, which I take as a sign that Mizu was not the only one of her kind.

Trying to win without any deaths would be theoretically possible, but not with this facility. Not to mention I'd need to probably try a dozen or two times to get it right.

Narsham posted:

Keep in mind TeeQueue isn't exactly playing on easy mode. If you use the Rabbits, and you've Day 1 reset a few times to get all the best equipment and stack your facility to make Day 49 easier, you can probably squeak by with 3 deaths or fewer from pausing (depending upon insanity and your willingness to send someone with white damage to help those employees) and 1 from the Clock.

White Night can also wreak havoc by rearranging your departments, especially if you have to try earlier days multiple times. So while having him for the boost to Paradise Lost is worthwhile, he makes managing your entire complex more difficult.

Honestly, if I really pushed it-really pushed for it, I could squeak through with only the one death. (savescum the first pause to be a panic on someone who I suppress with white damage, use backwards clock for phase 2, handle phase 3 like normal while zoomed out)

That sounded like a good way to go insane, so I didn't do that. :v:

Keldulas posted:

I'm pretty sure Credentia died because the day ended with her panicked. It hasn't come up before, but any panicking agents at day end are automatically killed.

This is correct.

Acerbatus posted:

Are you not even going to show off a certain friend from midnight? He's pretty cool.

I have absolutely no idea who you're talking about. I've mentioned all the Midnight Ordeals in the game, even though Green never wanted to come out and play.

Solitair posted:

some very cool stuff

Honestly I'm not sure how well I could have done the narration over the course of an entire thread, but I do like this a lot.

my dad posted:

Official Project Moon answer about this ending was "The Head will deal with it eventually"

A tantrum, even a superpowered tantrum, isn't going to defeat the Head. To the Head, this is just a bad tuesday.

Oh yeah, they did mention that. I should probably go back and edit that in there-still a Sixth Trumpet situation at least.

Anyways, happy 1 year thread anniversary everyone! We're almost through the entire main plot! :toot:

MiiNiPaa
Jan 19, 2020

my dad posted:

That actually pretty interesting. Abnormalities are practically impervious to weapons, requiring EGO gear to harm them. Even Rabbits have to be armed with specially made ammo to be effective. That means that Head holds immense power, and only reason raid on our lab failed was due to them underestimating us either to due bad intel or some other reason.

On the other hand, Gebura with a single piece of EGO did defeat bunch of abnormalities, and a Claw AND a fully-powered Arbiter. If there are other people on her power level in the city, it might not be so hard. On the third hand, Abnormalities now are not bound by Qliphoth deterrence and are more powerful.

So, in the end we do not have enough info to really gauge Head power level except as something between "very high" and "did I forgot to tell that I am literally a god?"

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

I do have opinions about the head and their overall power level, but I will save those for the sequel because we currently lack a lot of information.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

The only real thing we know about the Head so far is that one single Arbiter was enough to nearly level proto-L Corp and force A and the gang to boxbot Garion just to try and figure out a way to get their attention off of them.

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

I MAKE FUN OF QUEER STORYGAMES BECAUSE I HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO WITH MY LIFE THAN MAKE OTHER PEOPLE CRY

I can't understand these kinds of games, and not getting it bugs me almost as much as me being weird
The art for the bad ending looks like something from Dominions. That's what happens when your corporation gets too many Horror marks.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

Rockopolis posted:

The art for the bad ending looks like something from Dominions. That's what happens when your corporation gets too many Horror marks.

That makes it the good ending.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

TeeQueue posted:

Let us create this paradise, you and I. Even the Head and the Eye are merely human. They cannot stop those of us who have accepted the truth.
Narrator: The Head and the Eye stopped him.

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared
Day 49 can easily be the most demoralizing day in the game if you're trying to go for an S Rank. You're limited to pretty much two scenarios: "load your facility up with the weakest set of Abnos possible and have absurd reflexes to dodge Binah's opener" or "try to burn down Binah as fast as possible with strong Abnos and have still-pretty-fast reflexes". And even then you may find yourself pausing once or twice just from the overwhelming need to take stock of the situation, at which point you just pray that someone gets Panicked and not instagibbed -- even if you have the reaction speeds of a god, sometimes total survival is just luck of the draw. And lest we forget, a no-death run means no Backward Clock to cheese An Arbiter.

Since TeeQueue's facility is definitely leaning towards the second scenario, I absolutely do not blame him for deaths on Day 49. We saw back on Day 44 that even a couple of Abnos breaching while An Arbiter prowls the facility can end the run quickly (to say nothing of monsters like Queen of Hatred, Apocalypse Bird, or WhiteNight), and Hokma sabotaging the pause button only makes it worse.

SL the Pyro fucked around with this message at 12:42 on Apr 21, 2021

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

Rockopolis posted:

It looks like they just hired the dude who did all the Eldrazi stuff for M:TG, pointed at the cards and said "More"

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared
That was not the edit button.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

tag urself

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
I do like the giant cupcake monster in the background, and the apostles of the White Night flying in the sky.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

Hwurmp posted:

tag urself

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
I'm the other screaming orb

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
I'm the second eye from the end of the tail in the green goo monster made up of the sentient, tormented souls that congealed into this new, higher form of living

MiiNiPaa
Jan 19, 2020

They can't see you if you don't move.

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."
I'm the random Khezu that wandered into the wrong franchise.

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

I'm the hand waving from the window.

Chaosbrain
Jun 13, 2013

Mad and loving it.
Random blood splatter #379 here!

King of Bleh
Mar 3, 2007

A kingdom of rats.
I'm the abno up front who's spiking the camera in a very unprofessional manner.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?
I am an ominous pillar of lightning.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
I'm the abno with the spikes in its back that's laying in the middle of the street like it's just really tired of life

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Rockopolis posted:

Arbiter super thugs with vine shields need to gently caress off leave my PD alone

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Kitfox88 posted:

Arbiter super thugs with vine shields need to gently caress off leave my PD alone

Adam is casting Astral Corruption, figuring he'll disrupt the Head's Arcane Nexus operations, and then the Head just dispels it and goes back to bussiness as usual.

The Head could have won a throne victory a long time ago - but why? For all the infinite power of the Pantokrators, they have an expiration date. Why not just let other people have fun using the thrones the Head doesn't need, as long as they understand that the Head can end them at any time - ensuring nobody can ever ascend, and letting the Head rule over the ashes of the Ascension War forever.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Dirk the Average posted:

I'm the random Khezu that wandered into the wrong franchise.

I have never seen that before and now I can't unsee it.

Arcvasti
Jun 12, 2019

Never trust a bird.

TeeQueue posted:

I do have opinions about the head and their overall power level, but I will save those for the sequel because we currently lack a lot of information.

Even with just the stuff we have right now the Head is looking pretty scary:

They have every Singularity, except presumably Lobotomy's, since there's only one Carmen.
This means they have, at minimum:
-Some kind of teleporty thing from W corp
-The Key Fairy thing Binah was using, but at full power
-Miraculous healing/sanity restoration from uhhh, I think K corp? It's mentioned somewhere that another Wing pitches in to help with the department regenerator things.
-No idea what R corp's Singularity is, but the end result matches up pretty well even against ALEPHs
-Potentially most crazily, they have TimeTrack's Singularity. They don't have Abnormalities to power it, but there are rival energy corporations around, so they could still probably do some wild stuff with it. Even the very least of it, pausing time in Head HQ to assess the situation and teleport Arbiters around, is still a pretty big asset.

Which isn't to say that it wouldn't cause a ton of damage, but it's not looking good for Adam.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Arcvasti posted:

-Potentially most crazily, they have TimeTrack's Singularity. They don't have Abnormalities to power it, but there are rival energy corporations around, so they could still probably do some wild stuff with it. Even the very least of it, pausing time in Head HQ to assess the situation and teleport Arbiters around, is still a pretty big asset.

Most notably, much like X can take as many retries as he needs to finish Carmen's goals, the Nest can take as many tries as it needs to stop them. As long as it's even hypothetically possible for Adam to be stopped, it will eventually happen, at least as long as they can protect T-corp.

Which has some interesting implications for X's eventual victory, I think - assuming X will succeed. With time on their side, the only way to get past the Head will be to do something literally completely unpreventable, or something that even the Head won't want to undo.

MiiNiPaa
Jan 19, 2020

Arcvasti posted:

-Miraculous healing/sanity restoration from uhhh, I think K corp? It's mentioned somewhere that another Wing pitches in to help with the department regenerator things.
Yeah, it is K corp healing bullets powered by NANOMACHINES, SON.

I was about to comment that self-healing Binah would be a disaster, but I remembered that we fought agent of Head who did heal: Claw.

Arcvasti posted:

-Some kind of teleporty thing from W corp
Pale fixer was able to teleport...

Tenebrais posted:

Most notably, much like X can take as many retries as he needs to finish Carmen's goals, the Nest can take as many tries as it needs to stop them. As long as it's even hypothetically possible for Adam to be stopped, it will eventually happen, at least as long as they can protect T-corp.

Which has some interesting implications for X's eventual victory, I think - assuming X will succeed. With time on their side, the only way to get past the Head will be to do something literally completely unpreventable, or something that even the Head won't want to undo.

I still claim that Time travel is not as overpowered as everyone claims it to be. LC was able to speed up and locally rewind time in the preset area, while outside time still advanced. They still fered being found by head, which means the couldn't rewind outside time to before being found. And I am pretty sure that it requires preparing dfacility, setting up things, etc. I doubt that Head set whole city to be able to affected by TT device.

MiiNiPaa fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Apr 21, 2021

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

MiiNiPaa posted:

Yeah, it is K corp healing bullets powered by NANOMACHINES, SON.

I was about to comment that self-healing Binah would be a disaster, but I remembered that we fought agent of Head who did heal: Claw.
Pale fixer was able to teleport...

I still claim that Time travel is not as overpowered as everyone claims it to be. LC was able to speed up and locally rewind time in the preset area, while outside time still advanced. They still fered being found by head, which means the couldn't rewind outside time to before being found. And I am pretty sure that it requires preparing dfacility, setting up things, etc. I doubt that Head set whole city to be able to affected by TT device.
The whole city, probably not. But just the important bits, though?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arcade Rabbit
Nov 11, 2013

Its always surreal seeing people you recognize in their older works. Still, good for Khezu! Going from a bit part in Lobotomy Corporation to being in Monster Hunter is quite a jump!