Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

oldpainless posted:

Either way it’s never Vince’s fault

This is actually true though. He’s been making the worst show possible for years as a cry for help but people just keep giving him more money. The genius’ curse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

NXT's fifty plus demo is gonna crater tonight when they all flock to cable news to figure out precisely how scared they should be

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

CopywrightMMXI posted:

When Drew unmasked T-BAR and MACE did the announcers acknowledge them as Dijakovic and Dio Madden? The WOR recap didn’t specify.

WWE haven't worked out what they're doing yet, do they stayed quiet.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

MJeff posted:

She wasn't any good before that either.

She was fun when she could be expressive and overreact to Daniel Bryan like an angry little gremlin. What they're doing now takes away the character work she's best at other than "well she's small"

I mean she was never a great wrestler but I take what I can get.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Alexa Bliss always had a cool look and I vaguely recall some of her early matches being ok, although I couldn’t name any of them off the top of my head. The living Monster High doll look was at least something different.

But she’s not the kind of talent that’s gonna be able to pull off whatever the hell this is. I don’t know that someone with the combined charisma of peak Hogan, Rock and Austin could make The Lore of the Fiend work.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Shayna Baszler posted:

alexa bliss hasn't been good since she had that series of concussions that wiped her mind like an old hard drive

Remember when they vaguely hinted that Randy punting Bray led to scrambling his brain and causing the Fiend? They should run the same angle for Alexa and her 700 concussions.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
https://twitter.com/WWEAsuka/status/1384682416816590858

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
It would really be helpful in my quest to make everyone in the world love The Fiend if the people writing this poo poo actually just stuck to one fiend-story with a beginning middle and end instead of getting about partway through almost telling a kinda scary story before rapidly switching to another one with no buildup or effort made to try and make it into a consistent narrative and they just keep doing it over and over.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
It’d be way easier if it weren’t just him constantly losing to Randy Orton over and over

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

reignofevil posted:

It would really be helpful in my quest to make everyone in the world love The Fiend if the people writing this poo poo actually just stuck to one fiend-story with a beginning middle and end instead of getting about partway through almost telling a kinda scary story before rapidly switching to another one with no buildup or effort made to try and make it into a consistent narrative and they just keep doing it over and over.

Don’t worry, things will really ramp up this year when Jokerfied Charlotte teams up with Alexa to take on Fiend and Dark Randy

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Fiend Of evil.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Cavauro posted:

Fiend Of evil.

This is my credo.

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.
The Bad Bunny song that's higher up the Hot 100 right now is pretty decent. It's very similar to a lot of other similar songs with that dark glossy beat and the languid rapping, but it's easy to get into. Not what I would go out of my way to listen to but I wouldn't be annoyed if it was on.

The song that's further down the charts has really irritating drums on it, the noisy snare covers up everything in the song I'd want to hear, but Rosalia has a voice that almost makes up for it. I kind of want Bunny to buzz off so I can just hear her more.

I can't say I get him as having big star charisma or anything but his voice comes off better in studio than it did on Raw, and there's been worse Spanish language singers on the charts for sure. I definitely like the "new Trap influenced reggaeton" more than what came before. Is Booker T his worst song? Seems like it so far.

Sinistar
May 8, 2004

I hunger.

oldpainless posted:

Either way it’s never Vince’s fault

More like oldblameless

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Don’t worry, things will really ramp up this year when Jokerfied Charlotte teams up with Alexa to take on Fiend and Dark Randy

it'll be superman roman reigns and wonder woman charlotte, and you know it

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Is she saying that Rhea and Charlotte are horny for each other?

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

reignofevil posted:

This, but all of WWE.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

reignofevil posted:

I'm just going to keep pretending that The Fiend disappeared and was never seen again after he vanquished John Cena within his Mind Palace and got revenge for Wrestlemania 30

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy

JUNGLE BOY posted:

To be the worst comic book nerd about it, Charlotte would make a good Power Girl if Alexa dug out her old Harley gear. Though their series was about six years ago now, so I guess it's a good five years or so too recent for WWE to get the reference.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
It’s a shame WWE films are mostly dead. We could have The Fiend in movies or even The Lore of the Fiend as a book like they did with that Kane biography.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Tato posted:

It’s a shame WWE films are mostly dead. We could have The Fiend in movies or even The Lore of the Fiend as a book like they did with that Kane biography.

I think the Soska sisters were attached to a horror based on the Wyatt Family at one point.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

CopywrightMMXI posted:

I think the Soska sisters were attached to a horror based on the Wyatt Family at one point.

I don't know how far that got, it seems like they are pitching stuff to WWE all the time but nothing ever happens.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
It's worth noting that we're basically two years into The Firefly Funhouse/FIEND gimmick. Bray went out with an injury in August 2018 and the first Firefly Funhouse tease was April 23, 2019.

In that time, here's every match The Fiend/Bray Wyatt had in those two years

Summerslam 2019: The Fiend d. Finn Balor in three minutes and beats him so badly he runs away to NXT
Hell in a Cell 2019: The Fiend n/c Seth Rollins in a Hell in a Cell match because of one hammer too many
Crown Jewel 2019: The Fiend wins the Universal title off of Seth
Survivor Series 2019: The Fiend d. Daniel Bryan
TLC 2019: Bray Wyatt d. The Miz
Royal Rumble 2020: The Fiend d. Daniel Bryan again
Super Showdown 2020: Goldberg d. The Fiend for the belt
Wrestlemania 36: The Fiend consumes the soul of John Cena in a cinematic match
Money in the Bank 2020: Braun Strowman d. Bray Wyatt
The Horror Show At Extreme Rules: Bray Wyatt consumes the soul of Braun Strowman in a cinematic match or maybe not, who knows
Summerslam 2020: The Fiend d. Braun Strowman for the belt
Payback 2020: Roman Reigns d. The Fiend and Braun Strowman by coming in late and turning heel and taking the belt
Smackdown 10/9/2020: The Fiend d. Kevin Owens
Raw 11/16/2020: Bray Wyatt d. The Miz
Raw 12/7/2020: Bray Wyatt n/c Randy Orton when the lights go out and the Fiend emerges and chokes out Randy
TLC 2020: Randy Orton d. The Fiend when he BURNS HIM TO A CRISP
Wrestlemania 37: Randy Orton d. the Fiend when he is distracted by goo

The Fiend/Bray Wyatt has had 15 traditional wrestling matches and 2 cinematic matches total since August 2018. His record in these matches is 8-5-2 with two soul consuming cinematic matches not on the official record.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
dear god they gave bray the belt AND had goldberg take it off him at a saudi show?!?! why do i have no memory of this

e: lmao he won it at a saudi show too, which prince is a fiend mark

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Raskolnikov38 posted:

dear god they gave bray the belt AND had goldberg take it off him at a saudi show?!?! why do i have no memory of this

e: lmao he won it at a saudi show too, which prince is a fiend mark

How did you forget the Fiend Belt, it's an essential part of the Lore

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
i thought fiend belt was the reign where roman took it but i guess that was just the normal one lol

bartok
May 10, 2006

CopywrightMMXI posted:

Thanks for reminding me about the Soska sisters. Their remake of Cronenberg's Rabid is loving awful but it's got a CM Punk cameo.

PNGYAKUZA
Apr 21, 2021

I'm not a monster, it's just a mask.

Edge & Christian posted:

It's worth noting that we're basically two years into The Firefly Funhouse/FIEND gimmick. Bray went out with an injury in August 2018 and the first Firefly Funhouse tease was April 23, 2019.

In that time, here's every match The Fiend/Bray Wyatt had in those two years
I have 0 memory of any of these matches except last years mania and the shitshow of HIAC 2019.
He's had the belt a few times but hasn't done much memorable with it. Whilst I haven't actively watched WWE in years I remember enjoying the Funhouse stuff but his actual Fiend Character is super lame imo.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

bartok posted:

Thanks for reminding me about the Soska sisters. Their remake of Cronenberg's Rabid is loving awful but it's got a CM Punk cameo.

But you repeat yourself

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/mvg065/i_carved_the_fiend_pipe_out_of_briar_wood/

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
THE BOWL OF THE FIEND

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Smoke fiend every day

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

pressedbunny posted:

To be the worst comic book nerd about it, Charlotte would make a good Power Girl if Alexa dug out her old Harley gear. Though their series was about six years ago now, so I guess it's a good five years or so too recent for WWE to get the reference.

Power Girl's series was like a decade ago and also I like Power Girl so don't curse her by associating her with Charlotte, thanks. She already has it bad enough. :colbert:

(I am waiting for the inevitable Charlotte/Alexa feud though, she's the one Horsewoman that Alexa hasn't had a feud with yet.)

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Just in case you thought Ronda was coming back, it won't be any time soon. She's four months pregnant.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Sadly I remember almost all these Fiend matches, so some takeaways:

Summerslam 2019: The Fiend d. Finn Balor in three minutes and beats him so badly he runs away to NXT This match ruled. Even the smark-heavy Summerslam crowd dug it. Legitimately unnerving entrance followed by a squash; perfect way to introduce the character in the ring again.
Hell in a Cell 2019: The Fiend n/c Seth Rollins in a Hell in a Cell match because of one hammer too many One of the worst WWE main events ever.
Crown Jewel 2019: The Fiend wins the Universal title off of Seth Not terrible, I guess, but seemed like a "oops, nevermind" to the previous one, and also gently caress Saudi shows.
Survivor Series 2019: The Fiend d. Daniel Bryan Great, because DBry.
TLC 2019: Bray Wyatt d. The Miz Wasn't even the Fiend! Just Mr. Rogers Bray coming out and squashing the Miz in a regular match.
Royal Rumble 2020: The Fiend d. Daniel Bryan again Great, because DBry.
Super Showdown 2020: Goldberg d. The Fiend for the belt Also one of the worst WWE main events ever.
Wrestlemania 36: The Fiend consumes the soul of John Cena in a cinematic match YMMV, but I loved this nonsense.
Money in the Bank 2020: Braun Strowman d. Bray Wyatt Bray distracted because Braun wore his old mask. Dumb.
The Horror Show At Extreme Rules: Bray Wyatt consumes the soul of Braun Strowman in a cinematic match or maybe not, who knows Exactly, "who knows." This did introduce Alexa to the storyline, which, well.
Summerslam 2020: The Fiend d. Braun Strowman for the belt Real plodding falls-count-anywhere big guy match only notable for Roman showing up after. Also, why did they change the title here? Weird.
Payback 2020: Roman Reigns d. The Fiend and Braun Strowman by coming in late and turning heel and taking the belt I like that Roman entered this feud, took the belt, and exited the feud.
Smackdown 10/9/2020: The Fiend d. Kevin Owens Good match because they just let 'em go at it, no zany magic stuff.
Raw 11/16/2020: Bray Wyatt d. The Miz I have no memory of this.
Raw 12/7/2020: Bray Wyatt n/c Randy Orton when the lights go out and the Fiend emerges and chokes out Randy Yay the proper introduction to this feud. I honestly don't remember this one much either.
TLC 2020: Randy Orton d. The Fiend when he BURNS HIM TO A CRISP lol
Wrestlemania 37: Randy Orton d. the Fiend when he is distracted by goo lol

Vandar posted:

(I am waiting for the inevitable Charlotte/Alexa feud though, she's the one Horsewoman that Alexa hasn't had a feud with yet.)

They did have a BRAND WARFARE one-off at Survivor Series that wasn't very good, mostly because there's no way to make Alexa taking 80% of the match believable.

D.N. Nation fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Apr 21, 2021

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

The Fiend could be a legitimately cool gimmick, but WWE has way overused it and not protected it nearly enough for it to matter. Finally getting around to watching night 2 of wrestlemania, and that opening match is woof bury the gimmick bad with the booking. I can think of plenty of ways you could have written an "Alexa weakens the fiend so he loses" storyline that it doesn't completely burn the gimmick to the point where, IMO, it has to be shelved.

That list isn't that long and it should be at least 1/2 as long because the Fiend really should show up very very rarely to protect the gimmick.

I honestly enjoyed the entrance with the BOX LIKE STRUCTURE (that killed me legit was lollin on my couch at that statement), I even thought the video package during that sequence that made cripsy fiend look better than he did as presented was decent, but woof. Such awful booking for that gimmick. That it somehow didn't end with him trapping Orton like Cena in the Funhouse of his own Nightmares is BAD. They have poo poo on it so much I don't think you can revisit that idea either, it's sailed.

I get that Orton isn't looking for a retirement angle, but booking him to beat the monster as a heel who he has hosed over just doesn't fit with it at all and makes all of the promos they cut leading into it pointless bluster.

e: just because im LORE CRAFTIN, i feel like it would have made a lot more sense for the black goo to be something Alexa spits or puts on/in people that weakens them. then you can have the black goo be the connective that weakens the fiend to lose to Orton. She put it on orton, have the fiend see her and OH poo poo he's pouring black goo he's hosed UP. At least that creates some in story continuity to her wacky powers (that is more visually possible in a live show, why with the fireballs?) and could be an easy way to protect the gimmick while still achieving the split I guess they wanted to create.

The Notorious ZSB fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Apr 21, 2021

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
I thought the fiend was ok to good early on (it’s just the right kind of wrestling dumb) but wm killed it deader than a doornail and bray should find something else for a while

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
Rey : knees :: Alexa : head so I'm not looking forward to a Alexa/Charlotte match because I don't actually want to see WWE people die.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
The Lore of Slapjack

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Tato posted:

They literally had Kane with a movie contract and didn't make a Kane movie. They just made a movie WITH Kane. Don't get why they never tried to make a movie with their intellectual properties SNL style. They always take a gimmicked wrestler and go "k... you're a cop/detective now... or an army man... or something"

Shinjobi posted:

The Lore of Slapjack

Oh god I just had a sad thought, what if Slapjack isn't on smackdown this week, or the next :ohdear: