Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

At some point Jagganoth must've decided that he's going to break time or die/stop existing trying. If he ends the loop for just himself, that's a minor win. So he's not going to back down even if it becomes clear that Aspected Chaos actually does have the means to end him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

Bussamove posted:

Jaggs you're currently talking to three entities fused together in a way that shouldn't be possible immediately after one of them transformed her entire being I think maybe it was the other heirs that weren't quite true.

Yeah. Devilskinned warriors were known to exist but not really work because the vast majority of time the devil and the person couldn't work together and one always consumed the other. But there's never been an Angel giving themselves flesh through sheer self-acceptance and actualization... while punching a goddamned demiurge. And there's REALLY never been a devil, an angel, and a person working in unison as one big voltron of ladies.

Jaggs is reading from the wrong script.

Do we think that Auntie Maya got onto the floating island before it took off, or is she still down below?

oobey
Nov 19, 2002

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

free to go full final destination now that they can vent all excess power into space instead of planet busting

Gunnery Chief from Mass Effect 2 posted:

I dare to assume you ignorant jackasses know that space is empty. Once you fire this husk of metal, it keeps going till it hits something. That can be a ship, or the planet behind that ship. It might go off into deep space and hit somebody else in ten thousand years. If you pull the trigger on this, you're ruining someone's day, somewhere and sometime. That is why you check your drat targets! That is why you wait for the computer to give you a drat firing solution! That is why, Serviceman Chung, we do not "eyeball it!" This is a weapon of mass destruction. You are not a cowboy shooting from the hip!

standard.deviant
May 17, 2012

Globally Indigent
I appreciate the Gunnery Chief's sentiment, but space is big and expanding, so they're probably wrong.
:goonsay:

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

habeasdorkus posted:

Jaggs is reading from the wrong script.

Do we think that Auntie Maya got onto the floating island before it took off, or is she still down below?

I suppose really Jaggs assuming anything that doesn’t fit his narrative of how things are being wrong is the perfect example of the extreme hubris every single drat one of these idiot gods has shown at one time or another. Refusing to change is sort of their defining characteristic as a group.

As for Maya, she’ll show up to give a speech about Incubus being a poor swordsman if he thinks he actually needs a sword before starting to Cut.

MadDogMike
Apr 9, 2008

Cute but fanged

Cryophage posted:

Counterpoint: The dramatic smoke has cleared enough to show us that the Jagga-hog has been slapped into ken doll-like smoothness.

And now we see the real reason he wants to destroy the universe.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

If you look at it by Visual Novel logic, I think Jaggs reckons we're out in the weeds on one of the weird divergent paths rather than enroute to the "True" ending they're striving to get to.

Great, now I’m visualizing Jag messing with a portable saying “This time sempai will love me”. Though only the real sickos go for the Gog romance ending.

MadDogMike fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Apr 21, 2021

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Bussamove posted:

Jaggs you're currently talking to three entities fused together in a way that shouldn't be possible immediately after one of them transformed her entire being I think maybe it was the other heirs that weren't quite true.

Thank you.

Basically my first thought upon reading the latest page. Well, more "Zoss gave her the key how is she NOT the true heir by definition you moron" but same spirit.

Incidentally, I still laugh at how they managed the Voltron.
White Chain: "Hold on do we even know how to do that?"
AlliCio: "No, who cares, get in the fusion"

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Incubus needs to just get a sharp rock or hope Maya stowed away on the stage select screen and brought one for him. Although if she did bring a sword for him it's for the express purpose of shoving it down his throat.

Rahul
Dec 10, 2004

I mean, tbf Jaggs has been working towards his plan for countless thousands of years, and who knows how many times he's groundhog dayed this chain of events and never seen this happen. It's probably going to take a bit of time (and possibly getting his butt kicked for the first time ever) for him to come around.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Omobono posted:

That's why it worked.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Omobono posted:

I don't know how we landed on Voltron when doing the impossible by being a furious dumbass is much more of a Gurren Lagann thing

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Rahul posted:

I mean, tbf Jaggs has been working towards his plan for countless thousands of years, and who knows how many times he's groundhog dayed this chain of events and never seen this happen. It's probably going to take a bit of time (and possibly getting his butt kicked for the first time ever) for him to come around.

brb writing a Groundhog Day fanfic where instead of being satisfied with becoming the local hero of Punxsatawney, getting the girl, and becoming a decent person, Phil Connors gets big into cultivation and uses the functional immortality of the timeloop to transcend reality and become a god

HookedOnChthonics
Dec 5, 2015

Profoundly dull

I wonder based on Jagg's wording here how exactly the reset goes down--specifically, the implications of "left to clean up," and what exactly the "it" that ends when the heir ascends to the throne is. He also described his role earlier as "the dust man of [Metatron's] failures" and "snuffer of his illusions." Is Jagg's prescribed role literally going around Langolier-style erasing the 'surplus' reality after the reset?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Renaissance Robot posted:

I don't know how we landed on Voltron when doing the impossible by being a furious dumbass is much more of a Gurren Lagann thing

Thank you, that's what I said. Maybe the other demiurges will join in when it's Tengen Toppa time

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

because using your tenacity to drill through a causality loop is what Jagg is doing

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

nimby posted:

At some point Jagganoth must've decided that he's going to break time or die/stop existing trying. If he ends the loop for just himself, that's a minor win. So he's not going to back down even if it becomes clear that Aspected Chaos actually does have the means to end him.

makes sense to me

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
Nobody is focusing on the important issue here.

With every passing page, with every word spoken, I become increasingly certain.

Jagganoth

Is a loving nerd. 'Your supposition is highly accurate' smdh. We just need to find the Locker of Kings to shove him in and we're gucci.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Bleck posted:

because using your tenacity to drill through a causality loop is what Jagg is doing

Jagganoth isn't using spiral energy and his guts, he's using the power of overwhelming violence and nihilism.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

MikeJF posted:

The images on her slab during the prophecy imply the actual future to me.

Yeah, you're right.

I wonder, then, if Jadis knows they're stuck in a cosmic Groundhog Day? If she knows it's going differently this time.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Captain Oblivious posted:

Jagganoth

Is a loving nerd. 'Your supposition is highly accurate' smdh. We just need to find the Locker of Kings to shove him in and we're gucci.

The world can't handle a nerd that lifts.

Magnusth
Sep 25, 2014

Hello, Creature! Do You Despise Goat Hating Fascists? So Do We! Join Us at Paradise Lost!

habeasdorkus posted:

Lol, just lol, if you think Auntie Maya can't just teleport.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Magnusth posted:

What is reality but something to Cut and step through?

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

I'd disagree. While he's not smart by any means, I'd not really describe Simon as a furious dumbass.
:kamina: obviously was, but he also died* when reality finally caught up to him.

*in a glorious blaze of awesomeness :kamina:

Also Voltron is far fewer syllables.

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

Magnusth posted:

She even criticized Allison's teleportation technique earlier in the comic, haha

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Count Uvula posted:

She even criticized Allison's teleportation technique earlier in the comic, haha

yeah if ol jaggs can stick his sword in the air and cut reality, there's no way the person defined by her mastery of the art of cutting can't do the same

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Maybe Allison isn't the heir but Aspected Chaos is?

So Jaggs is right and wrong given that context at the time.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

“Technically I was right” would be extremely
powerful Jaggs energy at this point in his speeches.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
Everyone has been calling Zaid the true heir since the title drop, including Juggernaut Star, who remembers past iterations. Seems like Jagg is just doing the same thing?

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Schwarzwald posted:

The world can't handle a nerd that lifts.

This is the truth. Look at the controversy surrounding Zack Snyder, who is exactly that.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Dr Subterfuge posted:

Everyone has been calling Zaid the true heir since the title drop, including Juggernaut Star, who remembers past iterations. Seems like Jagg is just doing the same thing?

I think all the characters with knowledge of the loops just assume the Thorns' attack caused Zoss to give the key to the wrong person.

(and almost everyone without knowledge of the loops, for that matter)

FuturePastNow fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Apr 21, 2021

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

reignonyourparade posted:

The way Incubus emphasizes "she IS the true heir" to me implies that it's a matter of existing disagreement.

Anyway LOL at everyone who was ever saying mr "i need a sword i need a sword" was 'Meti's REAL apprentice' or the like.

Watch Maya slowly stroll up to him and take back her key, inspired by the doings of Allison

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Captain Oblivious posted:

Jagganoth

He's definitely an excellent conversationalist

Azubah posted:

Maybe Allison isn't the heir but Aspected Chaos is?

So Jaggs is right and wrong given that context at the time.

This entire comic has been how different perspectives lead to different interpretations of what is going on--White Chain, 6 Juggs, 2 Mike, Jaggs, Zoss. Each with different information forming their conclusions. This is yet another narrative perspective

Bilirubin fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Apr 22, 2021

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

chief gunnery didn't live in a pandimensional empire where each dimension is variable in shape and some of them literally are just a planet surrounded by emptiness or nothing or whatever else the gently caress the gods came up with while loving

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
Maya stopped at a noodle vendor cart to fill up before entering into the fray and missed getting on the island before it floated away.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
what if jagganoth has one of those nasally, rapid fire debate kid voices

Reclaimer
Sep 3, 2011

Pierced through the heart
but never killed

paranoid randroid posted:

what if jagganoth has one of those nasally, rapid fire debate kid voices

Fate doesn't care about your feelings.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
the wheel must be torn from its axle, change my mind

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

paranoid randroid posted:

the wheel must be torn from its axle, change my mind

*uses the marketplace of ideas like one would use an especially sharp rock*

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
*Goes to Home Depot and buys a single sword, then bags it himself*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HookedOnChthonics
Dec 5, 2015

Profoundly dull

If Jagganoth is an alt-right personality he's clearly Gorka, not Shapino--giant; bent on megadeath

gog = loomer
incubus = jawohl
mammon = rupert murdoch
dave = sargon of applebees
mottom = also loomer, but in a different way

jadis = jordan peterson :laugh: