Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
That felt like a dirge for the show

But if they wanna continue I am interested in the direction they go

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Haven't had the chance to listen to 420 yet, but I think I said at one point that 420 should be their final episode so it would sorta suck if that turned out to be prophetic

I would love to see them branch out though to some more non podcast content. Bring back gameplay overviews, play video games in dumb/fun ways like world of peacecraft and the nuzlock run. I definitely miss that era of McElroys

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

They half joke half - well, actually - the premise of ending it here. Though that's quickly met by the reality that this show is their crown jewel, the tent-pole of their shows.

Undead Hippo posted:

Someone posted in the last thread that they'd inquired about ad rates for a charity for Max-fun. For MBMBaM the "Non Profit" ad read rate was $9000 per read, back in 2017. They're doing 3-5 reads per episode. (As well as each doing multiple podcasts with TAZ/Wonderful/Sawbones/Schmanners)

Don't know whether subs are worth more. But advertising is certainly not a small sum.

I have to imagine a lot of that gets eaten up by admin costs among other things. Would be curious how much an episode net's em' tho. Probably average out to high five figures overall? Suppose none of them are launching patreons yet.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
They're not going to intentionally end MBMBAM just because Yahoo Answers is going away lol. Maybe it withers and dies long-term when it turns out that everyone was just listening to hear them rip on dumb Yahoo users but they're going to keep showing up so long as they have listeners, let's calm down y'all.

If they got rid of MBMBAM they'd have to get "real" jobs!

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
It was all worth it for the walk back of "maybe don't leave on a cliff hanger cause there's no telling if our audience wants us back."

The laughter from that was purestrain stuff. Episode was good, if only as a reading on where the boys are at through the pandemic.

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!
They also mentioned recent things starting as goofs, becoming real, and then harming them financially. I'm wondering if that's referring to their recent joke merchandise or something else.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Poor Miserable Gurgi posted:

They also mentioned recent things starting as goofs, becoming real, and then harming them financially. I'm wondering if that's referring to their recent joke merchandise or something else.

All those unsold Bean Juice mugs...

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Zero One posted:

All those unsold Bean Juice mugs...

DON'T TALK TO ME UNTIL I'VE HAD MY
PODCASTS

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title

Undead Hippo posted:

They're doing 3-5 reads per episode. (As well as each doing multiple podcasts with TAZ/Wonderful/Sawbones/Schmanners)
According to Jesse they're actually limited to two ads reads per episode, which I confirmed by looking at the fandom wiki pages for the last bunch of episodes.. The promos for other podcasts on the network don't count.

I know with Munch Squad it can seem like there's five ad reads but shockingly those are unpaid!

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Poor Miserable Gurgi posted:

https://twitter.com/bencjenkins/status/1361510296754397187

unfortunately im struggling to find a picture but i can't stress enough that while this is a joke it is not a joke

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

more falafel please posted:

DON'T TALK TO ME UNTIL I'VE HAD MY
PODCASTS

You kid, but I'm legit bummed those are no longer offered on their store. Went to buy one and it was gone :smith:.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

eke out posted:

unfortunately im struggling to find a picture but i can't stress enough that while this is a joke it is not a joke

they have apparently basically sold out too, lol

putting the cursed image in spoilers (this is not even the most-cursed version of an image that I could find)

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Ainsley McTree posted:

they have apparently basically sold out too, lol

putting the cursed image in spoilers (this is not even the most-cursed version of an image that I could find)

They have one left and are giving it away as a prize on their facebook page.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Sivart13 posted:

According to Jesse they're actually limited to two ads reads per episode, which I confirmed by looking at the fandom wiki pages for the last bunch of episodes.. The promos for other podcasts on the network don't count.

I know with Munch Squad it can seem like there's five ad reads but shockingly those are unpaid!

Oooh baby you want me?
Oooh baby you want me?
Oooh baby you want me?
Well you can get this munch squad here for free

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
This post has Yahoo Answers energy and I'm wondering if this is where that segment should wind up
https://twitter.com/asscredit/status/1384855189233049602

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
On one hand , yes

On the other hand, I hate the soft tend of everything towards reddit

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Well remember Yahoo used to be the largest trafficked website on the internet, reddit being huge probably doesn't hurt the chances of really dumb stuff being asked.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

eke out posted:

The greater FTAGH universe of pods is great because they're constantly guesting on each other's shows and you get to see insanity build exponentially in real time.

Free Market Mambo
Jul 26, 2010

by Lowtax
"Took a long weekend to try to suck his own dick." Is one of the perfect sentences.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

There are a multitude of sites for idiot moron dummies to ask their stupid questions on. Quora's got some doozies.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Yeah but "give me that Quora" just doesn't have the same ring to it :sigh:

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
I love quora so much

it’s got all this highfalutin noble intent behind it, as a place for laypeople and scholars to connect and have meaningful discussion about academic subjects—like one of my friends with a math PhD sunk so much of his twenties into answering topology questions and building clout on it (lmao) and it’s just continued to evolve further into a Yahoo Answers predominantly for dudes from the global south looking for dating advice on their first Android phone

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

My Brother My Brother and Ron into Episode 420 has been the best the show has been in ages.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar
If the Brothers are finally allowing guest brothers, they better reach out to Merlin Mann. Also, everybody should listen to ‘Do By Friday’. Merlin and Alex have the best energy.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
They'll probably get Jimmy Buffet on again and he'd spend an hour hard pitching time shares to a magaritaville themes florida housing tract.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

The latest Report This Post is on the McElroy brothers and a solid half of the episode are Travis posts and apologies for the posts.

https://soundcloud.com/reportthispost

Bonaventure
Jun 23, 2005

by sebmojo

quote:

Report This Post is a comedy podcast about bad posts. Every week, Geiger and Christian (or a listener) select a different topic and then find horrible posts for your listening pleasure. Some past topics have included Incels, The Office, 4chan, YA Literature, Wicca, Harry Potter, Scientology, and tons more. Click here for the full episode list.

The first 30ish minutes of each episode is available for free on Soundcloud, Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, Spotify, and pretty much anywhere else you find podcasts.

Full episodes are available for our handsome, beautiful, and well-endowed patrons

thanks, sounds miserable

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Bonaventure posted:

thanks, sounds miserable

I listened to three minutes of this and the audio quality is horrible, full of plosives and mouth sounds, so you think "oh, it's a new podcast" but then the guy is like "welcome to episode 136" and you're dazzled. Then they go into the main topic, there's a further equally bathetic reveal where it turns out they don't know how to pronounce McElroy, and then the first "joke" is about how one of the hosts thinks Justin looks like he has Downs Syndrome, which cracks them both up for a solid thirty seconds.

Worse than you'd think it could be. Truly terrible.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

fadam posted:

The latest Report This Post is on the McElroy brothers and a solid half of the episode are Travis posts and apologies for the posts.

https://soundcloud.com/reportthispost

I'm reporting this one

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Bip Roberts posted:

They'll probably get Jimmy Buffet on again and he'd spend an hour hard pitching time shares to a magaritaville themes florida housing tract.

I definitely have some questions for him if he’s ever a guest again.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

lol their complaint about the Travis Harry Styles tweets is "this dude sounds gay, grosssss"

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

I subscribed to that podcast before you had to subscribe to patreon to get full episodes, I even started the thread in this forum about it.

They have an episode about something awful

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

fadam sneakily trying to make the thread swing pro-Travis by linking a podcast by people worse than Travis

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

podcast description says worst posts by the worst people on the internet, yet they have an episode about david lynch

Forum Hussy
Feb 8, 2005
Report This Post is a good show by funny people who only occasionally say the n word

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Report This Post is good, y'all.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
I for one am looking forward to listening to and appreciating these trenchant witticisms, these downright Wildean bons mots

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

I have now listened to a full episode and can confirm that this is not true

Really bad, severely unfunny, and a huge percentage of the "jokes" are just them complaining about PC Culture and expressing disgust at men being sensitive or effeminate. I think there's one actual setup-punchline gag in the whole thing and the rest is just them like, reading out one of the McElroys saying something about racial sensitivity, then chuckling nervously about how cucked these soyboys are.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

those who can't do, teach

those who can't post, make podcasts about posts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Android Blues posted:

I have now listened to a full episode and can confirm that this is not true

Really bad, severely unfunny, and a huge percentage of the "jokes" are just them complaining about PC Culture and expressing disgust at men being sensitive or effeminate. I think there's one actual setup-punchline gag in the whole thing and the rest is just them like, reading out one of the McElroys saying something about racial sensitivity, then chuckling nervously about how cucked these soyboys are.

imagine if somebody made a podcast that was basically “what people who despise cum town despite never having listened to more than 15 seconds of cum town imagine it to be”

imagine if goons (plural) came into a thread about the McElroys to defend it and say it was “actually very good”