Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Platystemon)

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
And then 6 months later when help arrives, they dock to a strangely silent and seemingly lifeless ship. A man wearing human skin and wielding a bone spear jumps them and they go straight to lardroom.

Space Cannibals from Mars (TM)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

a modest cookbook

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

just grow and eat potatoes for a year, pretty sure there was a documentary on this

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Over / under on the heavy metals getting to you before something else does?

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen
Good to see that the expert ethicists have nothing to say regarding present matters on our planet. More important to debate the extent to which Musk can assess whether his space volunteers match his taste.

"Good news, Melanie! Your SpaceX bio-compatibility flavour index ranking is through the roof, which means you have been promoted straight into the cryo-freeze research department. Their offices are just beyond the kitchen."

ynohtna has issued a correction as of 16:54 on Apr 21, 2021

poll plane variant
Jan 12, 2021

by sebmojo

A Bag of Milk posted:

seems like creating a culture where eating human flesh is sometimes permissible could have wider negative ramifications than just the cost/benefit analysis of one acute event

We already live in such a culture, any of us would resort to cannibalism to survive until a rescue, but with Mars you can say ok yeah it's a 5 years before we can even launch a ship and then another two for it to get there.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Get this, space cannibalism tours

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Just LOL if you turn down the option to taste the forbidden space-meats.

Bloody Hedgehog has issued a correction as of 17:29 on Apr 21, 2021

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Can't wait until lab-grown meat takes the death requirement out of cannibalism, and you can buy ground human in the supermarket in those little styrofoam trays.

Perhaps as an expensive novelty, you'll be able to have your own cells cloned into meat, so you can see how you taste with your favorite steak sauce.

human garbage bag
Jan 8, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
I bet if a crew got stuck on mars it would be the perfect excuse to build a nuclear pulse propulsion ship to rescue them. Imagine how many jobs would be created.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Looking for skilled astronauts with good marbling

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

human garbage bag posted:

I bet if a crew got stuck on mars it would be the perfect excuse to build a nuclear pulse propulsion ship to rescue them. Imagine how many jobs would be created.

Considering this is hellworld and human lives have zero value, they wouldn't spend a penny to rescue anyone on Mars.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Considering this is hellworld and human lives have zero value, they wouldn't spend a penny to rescue anyone on Mars.

Nancy Pelosi goes on TV and thanks the astronauts for cannibalizing each other for freedom

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
This is so kafkaesque

human garbage bag
Jan 8, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

this is why we must convince musk to go on the trip, then sabotage it so he gets stuck and make him pay all his billions to rescue him. in fact do this for all billionaires when they try to go to the moon resorts.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Powered Descent posted:

Perhaps as an expensive novelty, you'll be able to have your own cells cloned into meat, so you can see how you taste with your favorite steak sauce.

This but also let us pick the diet our meatclone is raised on - it affects the flavour!
Grain fed freerange.
Fed only the meat of other clones? How many selves are you on?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

mars is for robots and electric sports cars. keep mars people free

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
mars is stupid anyone who wants to go there deserves to be eaten

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Rutibex posted:

mars is stupid anyone who wants to go there deserves to be eaten

it's me, the smart science man. i want to go be king of a frozen barren desert hellscape that will kill me in every kind of way it is possible to die if i am even slightly unlucky.

Buttchocks
Oct 21, 2020

No, I like my hat, thanks.
NASA Mission Control: "There had been no communications with the Mars rocket since it left Earth yesterday. This afternoon, we received a transmission. It's....music. "
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70OYikg0tyw

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

smarxist posted:

why would you be split on this subject? there's only one thing to do that makes sense; fry that fucker up

youre on Mars. no one is coming to get you. what would be the point

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

christmas boots posted:

When you're starving and in a survival situation you're not going to be thinking "beep boop consumption of dead hu-mons is illogical" you're going to be consumed by "gotta live any way any how" and you're going to give in and eat whatever you can, assuming you don't kill yourself before that point.

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Rutibex posted:

honestly i was more fascinated by this guys facade of a successful life and obvious internal pain than the big dumb house

i wonder if he is having trouble selling a big house for throwing huge parties in covid times
He's in default on a $110,000,000 loan and less than two months from foreclosure.

edit: 110 million, not thousand

GWBBQ has issued a correction as of 00:33 on Apr 22, 2021

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Human lives have zero value but astronaut lives are probably pretty expensive

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

When you're starving and in a survival situation you're not going to be thinking "beep boop consumption of dead hu-mons is illogical" you're going to be consumed by "gotta live any way any how" and you're going to give in and eat whatever you can, assuming you don't kill yourself before that point.

yeah but you’re buying yourself time to… what die a little bit later on but this time with no one to talk to?

at least on earth there’s a chance someone could find you. in space you’re just prolonging the suffering. unless you really just wanna go to town on some long pig in which case you do you. imo suicide pact is the way to go at that point.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

christmas boots posted:

yeah but you’re buying yourself time to… what die a little bit later on but this time with no one to talk to?

what if there is a Dreamcast on mars

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Rutibex posted:

what if there is a Dreamcast on mars

survival at all costs

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

christmas boots posted:

at least on earth there’s a chance someone could find you. in space you’re just prolonging the suffering. unless you really just wanna go to town on some long pig in which case you do you. imo suicide pact is the way to go at that point.

You can come to Mars with me. No reason why.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

The Oldest Man posted:

You can come to Mars with me. No reason why.

ok but im high in saturated fats just to warn you if cholesterol is an issue

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

I will come on Mars.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Biplane posted:

I will come on Mars.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
Mars Rover sucked me off??

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

this is the weirdest bloatee I've ever seen

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

World War Mammories posted:

this is the weirdest bloatee I've ever seen

Gods shave in mysterious ways

Falcorum
Oct 21, 2010

Biplane posted:

I will come on Mars.

2 rovers 1 helicopter

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
C'mon, Cohaagen! Give dese people cum!

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

christmas boots posted:

To create a really hosed up nightmare scene for the inevitable investigation team

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

https://twitter.com/AJEnglish/status/1384950039852761091

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
Me, smoking weed in my spacer habitat, gravity, going outside, wearing pants, or not being a poly pansexual spacechild with my beltalowdas: hope the martians are ok, gravity wells are so 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
Survival cannibalism is a custom of the sea, and what is space but an ocean in the sky?