Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX
I like when people who disagree are called "the problem" in a thread that's basically a 10 person chatroom

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting

Meme Poker Party posted:

signalnoise I'm sorry because you're probably good people but the fact of the matter is this topic sucks rear end, dude!

It's sucks a lot and we don't wanna do it anymore, dude!

We had several pages about it and they went nowhere and it SUCKS, DUDE!!!

There's a pretty simple solution if you want to move forward and it's just saying "yeah, I guess that could be alright" but people would apparently find it important enough to use ridicule in their opposition. If you take a topic and ridicule it, telling people they're being disingenuous or making absurd comparisons, when those people have a personal connection to that topic, you can expect them to take it personally. This is the longest I've gone in this thread, my memory anyway, without making a joke. There many things to make jokes about in games, but this isn't one of them. I get that you're just trying to right the ship or whatever so you can get back to topics that are more fun, but the way you're going about it is dismissive of people, not just of the topic.

Vic posted:

I like when people who disagree are called "the problem" in a thread that's basically a 10 person chatroom

The problem they have been trying to solve for the past 4 pages, yes. That problem. The one they just described.

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

There's only one group more oppressed than gamers its gamers who are bad at games

Bottom text

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Willatron posted:

I hate to agree with snaketits guy but...

I love to agree with snaketits guy, and that's good because he's right!

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Can I be part of the problem too?

runnypoops
Mar 26, 2016

been there. done that. prove yourself to me.
Video games should have a difficulty setting that makes you disabled IMO

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

more games should have kusari-gama

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting

Rockman Reserve posted:

Agreed

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

kntfkr posted:

The CDI had a better library of games than Sony Playstation.

please provide evidence to support your position

Rockman Reserve posted:

is kusari-gama really an in-demand weapon? i guess it's hard to animate

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Fur20 posted:

is kusari-gama really an in-demand weapon? i guess it's hard to animate

i don't know of any other game that it's in but nioh and prior to that i would have thought it would suck in a game but apparently it's possible to do and it owns

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

Can I be part of the problem too?

*Beckoning you from inside a storm drain*

We're all part of the problem down here!

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Fur20 posted:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

Brutal Garcon posted:

Bring back cheats

Give every possible accessibility option to all games, but call them cheating options.

Problem solved for elite gaming bros.
You didn't finish, you cheated.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

lurker2006 posted:

The only pause I have with this is the tendency to think of a game's difficulty as a modular thing you can just plug numbers into and call it a day instead of something where every facet of the game is branching off from a core design.

The last of us 2 had a good system imo where you could adjust specific parts of the difficulty. So maybe your problem was that the stealth was too hard or that the enemies were too aggressive or you just never had any ammo and you could just those specific things but not everything else.

Bruegels Fuckbooks posted:

People complain about the giant floating arrow that points to the next location you should go, but it really does make the whole gameplay experience so much smoother. I can get lost in real life, I don't need to get lost in a video game.

That being said, my idea of a perfect game would be if everyone designed maps and the hints for them as if people were playing morrowind, and provided an optional giant floating arrow just so you don't have to open gamefaqs. The giant floating arrow has made modern game designers pretty lazy - but it's definitely better than the way things were before.

100%. Add the markers as an accessibility option or something.

JollyBoyJohn posted:

I can't share a conversation with you about my earnest thoughts on a game if i know you just pushed a button and let it play itself

another plus lol

Doctor J Off
Dec 28, 2005

There Is
They should make one of those task simulator games similar to PC Repair Simulator or Car Mechanic Simulator about painting, where you can make pretty pictures and works of art and share them and print them out and stuff.

They could license the image of Bob Ross and have him be a virtual host

Tetrabor
Oct 14, 2018

Eight points of contact at all times!

Doctor J Off posted:

They should make one of those task simulator games similar to PC Repair Simulator or Car Mechanic Simulator about painting, where you can make pretty pictures and works of art and share them and print them out and stuff.

They already have, last I heard it was called DeviantArt and filled with pictures you would expect gamer-nerds to produce.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Doctor J Off posted:

Art Restoration Simulator

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

christmas boots posted:

Art Restoration Simulator

final level being to unfuck this

Phigs
Jan 23, 2019

Repainted Jesus is probably my favorite thing of ever and a legit treasure.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Excelzior posted:

final level being to create this

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

adhuin posted:

Give every possible accessibility option to all games, but call them cheating options.

Problem solved for elite gaming bros.
You didn't finish, you cheated.

I'm pretty sure in the late 00s some games on xbox or whatever still had cheats but they would disable achievements or something similar.

its_my_birthday
Sep 18, 2020
lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvAzOkYX-CY&t=4393s

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

pentyne posted:

I'm pretty sure in the late 00s some games on xbox or whatever still had cheats but they would disable achievements or something similar.

Even bighead mode???

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Mr. Lobe posted:

Even bighead mode???

You mean Easy Headshot/Cartoon Mode? That's a DLC and not eligible for achievements buddy, sorry :(

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Excuse me but game difficulty should match exactly what I want; Cuphead on default. If you want easier, you're a baby, if you want harder you don't enjoy fun. If you disagree with me you're wrong, and dumb.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Duck and Cover posted:

If you disagree with me you're wrong, and dumb.

Ah what a thread title

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
I'm glad we're still arguing about difficulty settings lol

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

fridge corn posted:

I'm glad we're still arguing about difficulty settings lol

Well whatever you do, don't try to change the subject!

Good job!!!

Barudak
May 7, 2007

There aren't enough big tittied boys in games

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー

Is that the right timestamp? 1:13:13? The korean caster with the mic in his pocket? Not sure what the point is here, and I even watch a lot of GSL/ASL so I dunno!

Phigs
Jan 23, 2019

IMO the RTS genre fell out of favor over time because it never evolved enough. Starcraft, Command and Conquer, Total Annihilation, and Age of Empires were all made during the infancy of the genre yet everyone keeps trying to copy them like they were eternal masterpieces and not just products of their time.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

I think publishers moving away from isometric games (also 2D ones) in general had something to do with it, too.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Barudak posted:

There aren't enough big tittied boys in games

Femboys rise up!

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Phigs posted:

IMO the RTS genre fell out of favor over time because it never evolved enough. Starcraft, Command and Conquer, Total Annihilation, and Age of Empires were all made during the infancy of the genre yet everyone keeps trying to copy them like they were eternal masterpieces and not just products of their time.

I don't really think those games qualify as the infancy.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Real-time_strategy

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Phigs posted:

They evolved into MOBAs, hero units in Warcraft 3 made people realize that they'd much rather control just 1 elite unit on a battlefield than all of the units in an army

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

QuarkJets posted:

They evolved into MOBAs, hero units in Warcraft 3 made people realize that they'd much rather control just 1 elite unit on a battlefield than all of the units in an army

Mobas are the worst, they get a perfectly good video game player and then them into a Moba player, a shallow husk of what they once were, shambling around moaning nonsense about laning and last hitting

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
I’m liking Eternal Return right now.

MOBA controls, battle royal setup.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Also it’s anime.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Caesar Saladin posted:

Mobas are the worst, they get a perfectly good video game player and then them into a Moba player, a shallow husk of what they once were, shambling around moaning nonsense about laning and last hitting

That's correct

Evolution isn't always a good thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
The worst thing about mobas is they are so addicting and dopamine driven that if you get the moba bug it just kinda ruins other games and makes them feel hollow