Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ilikedirt posted:

Is ultraman in the marvel comics universe or nah

I only read the first issue which just read exactly like a shield comic so i assumed it was

It is not in the Marvel Universe. Presumably because that would've have made the rights around stuff like tie-ins and reprints way more complicated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

ilikedirt posted:

Is ultraman in the marvel comics universe or nah

I only read the first issue which just read exactly like a shield comic so i assumed it was

I'm pretty sure it's not in the 616. But I wouldn't rule out a crossover in the future.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Gripweed posted:

In this month's issue of Trials of Ultraman, Shin Hayata has a fight with his dad, and a human-sized Ultraman fights some human terrorists. That's it. At the end Gyeron shows up and without even getting bigger Ultraman blasts its face off revealing that it's a robot. Cliffhanger.

I can't even get mad at this anymore. Its just depressing. No one cares. The writers don't care, the editors don't care, Tsuburaya doesn't care.

I could almost get mad at using Gyeron like that, but what's the point? The people making this comic are just googling Ultraman monsters and picking designs at random. They just do not care at all.

It's just depressing now.

Then stop reading it. You don't have to keep this gimmick up just to be unhappy.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
I for one enjoy Gripweed's monthly journey through the stages of grief. Maybe they'll hit acceptance when it ends.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

I have a theory that Kelly Thompson keeps working Dr Strange into her comics because she loves to write his snakes. Fun issue and I'm curious to see how far down the rabbit hole Carol is going to go to continue pursuing her no good very bad idea. The new costume is pretty cool too.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Endless Mike posted:

Then stop reading it. You don't have to keep this gimmick up just to be unhappy.

not liking the Ultraman comic isn't a gimmick. I genuinely don't like it.

And I do have faith that Marvel could put out a decent Ultraman comic. They just need to get writers who care about writing a decent Ultraman comic. Or maybe even just smack the current writers with a rolled up newspaper and tell them to do better, I don't know how Marvel's editors work.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Gripweed posted:

not liking the Ultraman comic isn't a gimmick. I genuinely don't like it.

And I do have faith that Marvel could put out a decent Ultraman comic. They just need to get writers who care about writing a decent Ultraman comic. Or maybe even just smack the current writers with a rolled up newspaper and tell them to do better, I don't know how Marvel's editors work.

You reading a comic you don't like is the gimmick. We believe you when you say you don't like it.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

howe_sam posted:

I have a theory that Kelly Thompson keeps working Dr Strange into her comics because she loves to write his snakes. Fun issue and I'm curious to see how far down the rabbit hole Carol is going to go to continue pursuing her no good very bad idea. The new costume is pretty cool too.

I like to think the same of Vulpes and Bats the Ghost Dog.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

To be fair Bats and the snakes are all awesome.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

If I was writing for Marvel I'm pretty sure I'd use any excuse to have Bats and/or the snakes in my comic too.

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

¡Terrible es el Guerrero de Tortuga!
My favorite Strange Snake moment is with Wiccan (I think)

Snake 1: Nice sweater

Snake 2: Yeah. Did your boyfriend buy it for you?

Wiccan: Yes, he did. But I still don't think I like that question.

El Tortuga fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Apr 21, 2021

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

"...for you, it is all over...!"

Dawgstar posted:

I like to think the same of Vulpes and Bats the Ghost Dog.

If I was allowed to permanently steal Bats for my book I would

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

El Tortuga posted:

My favorite Strange Snake moment is with Wiccan (I think)

Snake 1: Nice sweater

Snake 2: Yeah. Did your boyfriend buy it for you?

Wiccan: Yes, he did. But I still don't think I like that question.

My favorite Bats moment:

(Bats and Dormammu is also quality.)

Vulpes Vulpes posted:

My favorite part of that besides your good taste is you don't specify which means he'd be hanging around Taskmaster if you had your way. :allears:

Dawgstar fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Apr 21, 2021

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Dawgstar posted:

My favorite part of that besides your good taste is you don't specify which means he'd be hanging around Taskmaster if you had your way. :allears:

Well poo poo now I feel it’s my duty to start some kind of online petition for Marvel to bring back Marvel Team-Up. And then can do another issue of Spider-Man and Reptil too. That can’t be a one and done team-up.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

X-O posted:

Well poo poo now I feel it’s my duty to start some kind of online petition for Marvel to bring back Marvel Team-Up. And then can do another issue of Spider-Man and Reptil too. That can’t be a one and done team-up.

I was just thinking Marvel Two-In-One but instead of the Thing it's Bats.

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting
Will we see taskmasters cock at any point in this comic book run

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

howe_sam posted:

She's also really having fun with adding Jeff everywhere.

Wanda is kind of an rear end in a top hat. Giving magic training to Star, but not to the person she tried to kill?
So instead Carol has to go the awkward route and go to a necromancer villain, who allied with Nazis and now has to get her to help killing her future son.
Ove is such a bad name for a villain which is supposed to be intimidating.

I really love the artstyle of this book. Lot's of expressive faces there. Also, that temporary costume is great. Carol is actually good at that.

I think I will enjoy this story arc a lot. It's great when the Marvel universe feels interconnected and people come in contact, depending on how much they actually know each other. Like how Nico acts friendly towards her, because they used to hang around together, before the whole futurecrimes thing. Having Carol stuck in a future world without much relation to the real universe loses some of that charm. Just a lot of additional future characters, where most of them wont ever show up again.

Come to think of it, Carol should just stay away from visions of the future and live in the present. Those are bad for her. Maybe that's what Strange wants to teach her.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Apr 21, 2021

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting
Whats the story behind wanda being back? I saw her in strange academy once

They talk about her like she dissappeared in the xmen books - how did she return and why wasnt there a huge fallout in the mutant world when she did

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
what, like from when she disappeared after house of x? wanda came back in children's crusade which was apparently in 2010.

also, thanks to a retcon from uncanny avengers she and quicksilver were never mutants.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Thanks to everyone who recommended the initial Moon Knight run because this rules

I was fully expecting Spector's DID to be a retcon based on how many aliases he juggles, so it's pretty interesting to see how early it's addressed (I've just finished issue 6 and in that he admits that it can sometimes be a problem).

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Remember the Scorpion who had the poison arm and was the daughter of the Scientist Supreme and maybe the Hulk? Has anything been done with her in recent memory?

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Dawgstar posted:

Remember the Scorpion who had the poison arm and was the daughter of the Scientist Supreme and maybe the Hulk? Has anything been done with her in recent memory?

As far as I can tell, the last time she was even mentioned was as a driver who lost a race in that Secret Wars: Secret Love anthology comic.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Vulpes Vulpes posted:

Bats in a ghost mech?

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

"...for you, it is all over...!"
Shhh there's two issues left

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
please tell me we get MechaBats the MechaGhost MechaDog

it doesn't matter if it's true, just say it happens

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

I’m sorry. I said it, so it’s not going to happen. Marvel leaving money on the table by not making that action figure.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Party Boat posted:

Thanks to everyone who recommended the initial Moon Knight run because this rules

I was fully expecting Spector's DID to be a retcon based on how many aliases he juggles, so it's pretty interesting to see how early it's addressed (I've just finished issue 6 and in that he admits that it can sometimes be a problem).

This is one of my favourite panels from that run. So dang good.

Hispanic! At The Disco
Dec 25, 2011

Good thing the credits are right there because I would never have guessed that was Bill Sienkiewicz on pencils.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Hispanic! At The Disco posted:

Good thing the credits are right there because I would never have guessed that was Bill Sienkiewicz on pencils.

according to Bill himself, the way he got hired to work for Marvel in the first place was because he could draw a passable Neal Adams impression

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Someone post the 9 panel clocktower fight from Moon Knight. I thought I had it saved on my imgur, but I apparently don't, and my google image skills are failing me.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Skwirl posted:

Someone post the 9 panel clocktower fight from Moon Knight. I thought I had it saved on my imgur, but I apparently don't, and my google image skills are failing me.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Hispanic! At The Disco posted:

It’s not as extreme as the kind of stuff he’s known for, but the depth shows that it’s some next level stuff.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

God bless you

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I'm behind on comics and finally got around to reading Spider-Man: The Spider's Shadow and it's pretty amazing what you get when you put your top creators on a What If? comic! I'm not wild on the Peter Venom costume at the end, but that's a minor gripe.

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting
Yo i know im 6 months behind bc im on marvel unlimited, but in this dr doom/irom man comic they fuckin beat up sant clause and, tbh, its sick

Also this dr doom mini was a fun read, cant wait to see who they cast as our boy victor in the MCU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

ilikedirt posted:

Yo i know im 6 months behind bc im on marvel unlimited, but in this dr doom/irom man comic they fuckin beat up sant clause and, tbh, its sick

Also this dr doom mini was a fun read, cant wait to see who they cast as our boy victor in the MCU

Isn't Unlimited just 3 months behind now?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
BC's getting a pretty sweet variant

July solicits

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

site posted:

BC's getting a pretty sweet variant

July solicits

Someone's jealous of not getting a Hellfire Gala invite.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Skwirl posted:

Isn't Unlimited just 3 months behind now?

It is, yeah. Otherwise they'd have to explain why Victor and Peter were fighting Santa in October :v:

I can't remember if I mentioned it before but now that I'm caught up on the backlog of the current X-books on Unlimited I can really see why people get into stories split across multiple titles. Almost every week I get at least a couple of issues moving things forward and while they can't all be Marauders, I don't feel like any of them have been outright bad (except maybe Fallen Angels but that was mercifully brief). I was never an X-Men guy because of how sprawling the world was but this current run and the all-you-can-eat model of Unlimited have made a convert of me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

How Wonderful! posted:

Now Klaus Kinski in pauldrons? I'm buying a bus ticket. I'm starting over in a new town.

Similarly, if a dude with long white hair and an aristocratic jawline shows up you can be sure that either you're going to die, or you're about to serve him coffee while making down-home rustic conversation calculated to maximise the dramatic irony of the interaction. There's a very good chance you are going to offer him a slice of pie. In Marvel diners the staff are given leaflets about this as part of mandatory safety training.