Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Fame Douglas posted:

It's interesting no one is talking about those supposed state charges against Trump anymore. And the Justice Department doesn't seem like it's going to do anything, either.

Yeah they're not useful as an argument against impeaching Cuomo anymore, because he got away with his poo poo too lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happiness
Oct 10, 2004

Fame Douglas posted:

It's interesting no one is talking about those supposed state charges against Trump anymore. And the Justice Department doesn't seem like it's going to do anything, either.

donald trump is already serving a life sentence in guantanamo bay

the deep state has a clone wander the halls of mar-a-lago to prevent a terrifying repeat of the january 6th attacks

we got him

edit: this is why biden won't be able to close guantanamo

Happiness has issued a correction as of 23:39 on Apr 21, 2021

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Nichael posted:

VOTE but don't you dare primary him

Someone did try to primary him and they lost by like 60 points. This is what his voters want.

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Eggplant Squire posted:

Is there a point where this house of cards collapses? I would think with less and less people having "good" insurance and medical prices rising to infinity because profits need to be shown every quarter there's a point where the populace just can't afford to see doctors without assuming they are not going to pay for it and every clinic either has to shutter or spend all its time trying to recoup losses from those people. It's not like you can repo a surgery (yet, yeah I know they made a movie about this).

You can be sure of this, as long as there is a united states of america there will be millions of people caught up in medical and student loan debt

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

is pepsi ok posted:

Yep it absolutely can. I had a work friend who had a premature birth and she had to spend 2 weeks in the hospital and her son had to spend over a month. Total bills topped $1 million. The only thing that saved her from complete ruination was that her son's birth weight was low enough that he qualified for medicaid covering most of the bills.
loving hell
my first kid was the smoothest birth ever, wife didn't even take any meds, just boom baby out and we were still loving pissed/shocked at the $7k (after insurance) bill we got
loving 1 million jesus loving christ

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

ghouls loving ghouls

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

So arguing with a friend of mine about that Joe Manchin statement about what isaa even the difference between these two parties, it comes down to Tucker Carlson is a Nazi and I sound like a radical centrist for saying no matter whi you vote for they do almost the exact same things

Bonus hilarity got a letter from President Senile telling me 1400 + 600 = 2000

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
medical grift is the best idea ever. like, they can charge you anything they want lol. whatr you gonna do, die? lmfao. genius

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Its very funny that Eugene got probes for making fun of an admins avatar, The only persona protag that can actively romance a 12 year old, and not any of his absolutely horrible posts before that.

FluffyDaddy I know you're name searching so let me say you're incredibly stupid that this is what got you to actually do something good.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Smythe posted:

medical grift is the best idea ever. like, they can charge you anything they want lol. whatr you gonna do, die? lmfao. genius

sure hope the capitalists never figure out that this can be applied to food.

Euphoriaphone
Aug 10, 2006

The new, balkanized succ thread beat us to finding some real succ
https://twitter.com/Elizrael/status/1384909080976928779

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
The dems asked the fda to review and ban menthol cigarettes.

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

WorkerThread posted:

my sources say the death penalty, for being a racist slaver state, being considered for amerikkka. i am a maoist and take great pleasure in reporting this

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Mr Hootington posted:

The dems asked the fda to review and ban menthol cigarettes.

Should've done it yesterday for maximum succ

thalweg
Aug 26, 2019

Euphoriaphone posted:

][_, {[]} ][_,

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Euphoriaphone posted:

the person who tweeted that is a professional syrian rebel supporter, so that's layers of succ right there

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Euphoriaphone posted:

Who is this twitter rando?

Why are you repeating right wing talking points?

Did you even read the article?

You can't post about that here, start another thread if you want to discuss it.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/besf0rt/status/1384975887351812098?s=19

Honestly I'd take Destiny over Vaush because he at least doesn't claim to be a leftist

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

is pepsi ok posted:

Who is this twitter rando?

Why are you repeating right wing talking points?

Did you even read the article?

You can't post about that here, start another thread if you want to discuss it.

https://twitter.com/Elizrael/status/1190325406190198794?s=20
https://twitter.com/Elizrael/status/983875914944667649?s=20

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Euphoriaphone posted:

quote:

“This reflects Team Biden’s awareness that the border flood will cause record midterm losses,” Mr. Miller tweeted, adding that if it were still up to him, “Refugee cap should be reduced to ZERO.”

Ahahahaha.

Yeah that will certainly bring democrats a victory in the midterms.

Brilliant.

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

Euphoriaphone posted:

The headline makes it sound like Stephen Miller's quota is still in place. It isn't, they announced that they'll increase it and give a new number by mid-May.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Ruzihm posted:

The headline makes it sound like Stephen Miller's quota is still in place. It isn't, they announced that they'll increase it and give a new number by mid-May.

The failing fake NYT is being VERY RUDE and VERY UNFAIR to our favorite president. That's why I call them the enemy of the people, folks. They're no good!

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1384242423019180039?s=19

They used to lie awake at night worrying about the president's tweets

WorkerThread
Feb 15, 2012

mcmagic posted:

Someone did try to primary him and they lost by like 60 points. This is what his voters want.

:aochloe:

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Manchin's turn as heel is over, time for Sinema to be the main badguy for the next few weeks.
https://twitter.com/kenklippenstein/status/1385001322391429127?s=20

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

hope they finally do it (expecting they won't)

https://twitter.com/schwarz/status/1385008487965630465

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

is pepsi ok posted:

The failing fake NYT is being VERY RUDE and VERY UNFAIR to our favorite president. That's why I call them the enemy of the people, folks. They're no good!

There's a lightyear's difference between framing it as "hasn't raised the cap yet" and "issued final order to not raise the cap because they're secret Republicans", and that difference is getting exploited as a wedge, and it's extremely frustrating to see people falling for it, again, like they have for every other policy issue the administration hasn't instantly acted on.

The media lit thread can't come soon enough.

Malleum
Aug 16, 2014

Am I the one at fault? What about me is wrong?
Buglord
it would be the most dem thing in the loving world if they acknowledge the armenian genocide is real after they armed and financed turkey's more recent genocidal war and are still turning a blind eye to all the warcrimes the azeris are up to

you wag that finger, show them whose boss, im sure you'll get around to condemning all the current poo poo in another hundred years or so

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Ruzihm posted:

There's a lightyear's difference between framing it as "hasn't raised the cap yet" and "issued final order to not raise the cap because they're secret Republicans", and that difference is getting exploited as a wedge, and it's extremely frustrating to see people falling for it, again, like they have for every other policy issue the administration hasn't instantly acted on.

lmao that's good succ

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Ruzihm posted:

imagine being so gullible that you fall for biden actually doing the same "in two weeks" thing trump did. what is it like for such a person? is day-to-day life just a vague haze?

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Ruzihm posted:

The 30 year plan to maybe raise the cap some day.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Eggplant Squire posted:

Is there a point where this house of cards collapses? I would think with less and less people having "good" insurance and medical prices rising to infinity because profits need to be shown every quarter there's a point where the populace just can't afford to see doctors without assuming they are not going to pay for it and every clinic either has to shutter or spend all its time trying to recoup losses from those people. It's not like you can repo a surgery (yet, yeah I know they made a movie about this).

Slavery and serfdom are actually completely sustainable

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

:stoked: for the media lit thread

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Ruzihm posted:

source ur quotes

wait no dont do that mods will come

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

its from "/r/politics" yall dont worry about it

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

Eggplant Squire posted:

they get to own your rear end by holding debt over you.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

mcmagic posted:

She had like zero money and no support from either the state or national party lol. Even last year she was given nothing from the main party despite trying to primary Capito, who is worthless

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Biden's going to Wimpy his way to free hamburgers his whole presidency

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

Popy posted:

they get to own your rear end by holding debt over you.

keep in mind if you truly have nothing left theyll keep you miserable as a warning to the others

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Bootleg Trunks posted:

:stoked: for the media lit thread

Can't wait to read a billion words about how everyone else is a dupe who only wants their biases confirmed unlike me, the objective fact based news appreciator.