Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Just ICE Studies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Vim Fuego posted:

Oh, lemme look that up for you. here: https://i.imgur.com/xswmOT6.jpg

thanks man :tipshat:

Happiness
Oct 10, 2004

is being a police abolitionist against the rules now too

or just thinking that there are other ways to deal with a violent situation besides unloading your service revolver into a teenager

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia

Happiness posted:

or just thinking that there are other ways to deal with a violent situation besides unloading your service revolver into a teenager

There are certain places that only like a more... incremental reality. ⁹

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Happiness posted:

"defund the police" was the compromise position american leftists made with the libs and look how far that got

lol

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

yellowcar posted:

"defund the police" was the compromise position american leftists made with the libs and look how far that got

lol

its a weird pathology of the lib where they get insanely loving furious about getting asked to do things

their opposite numbers in the GOP ironically do a better job of the "i hear you, i see you" *does nothing* scam than them

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
lib: "defund the police? listen here you screaming little infant, you stupid loving privileged poo poo, we dont have time for unicorns and rainbows, we have to remove the SALT cap! how DARE you even raise your loving voice above all the BIPOC crying out for tax relief?!"

con: "butcher everyone darker than donny osmond in their homes? yeah we'll get right on that as soon as we get this package of handouts to our various sex trafficking oligarch overlords passed"

Unoriginal Name
Aug 1, 2006

by sebmojo

Happiness posted:

Anyone who wants to blame the cop for shooting Ma'Khia here should honestly ask themselves what they expect him to do, in the 7 seconds that he had, to make sure the situation doesn't end in a shooting or a stabbing.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

Unoriginal Name posted:

Anyone who wants to blame the cop for shooting Ma'Khia here should honestly ask themselves what they expect him to do, in the 7 seconds that he had, to make sure the situation doesn't end in a shooting or a stabbing.

Probably should've shot her a couple more times to be sure.

Happiness
Oct 10, 2004

Unoriginal Name posted:

get into a fatal car accident with his fellow officers on the way there

WorkerThread
Feb 15, 2012

Happiness posted:

get into a fatal car accident with his fellow officers on the way there

reform i can get behind

Braggins
May 21, 2020

No, it's Braggins, not... dammit
edit: sorry, already posted

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Unoriginal Name posted:

blaming individual cops is kind of pointless because the entirety of the system is built around murdering black people. the job shouldn't exist in the first place, because they shouldn't be responding to things that could probably be de-escalated.

also you don't need to loving shoot everything.

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Braggins posted:

edit: sorry, already posted

coward

lumpentroll has issued a correction as of 04:29 on Apr 22, 2021

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

where are all the cop defenders coming from

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

Nichael posted:

The Forbidden Zone!

Unoriginal Name
Aug 1, 2006

by sebmojo

Nichael posted:

blaming individual cops is kind of pointless because the entirety of the system is built around murdering black people. the job shouldn't exist in the first place, because they shouldn't be responding to things that could probably be de-escalated.

also you don't need to loving shoot everything.

I'm really surprised you can be this heated about how the US treats black people yet ignore and belittle all the progress black leaders and the black community have made in the last century+ to strengthen the civil rights of all Americans. I don't think the US is the same country it was 150 years ago because that's not how human society works and to view it as such is beyond useless. You've just decided on a boogeyman and you're trying to make everything fit into that world view.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

Unoriginal Name posted:

I'm really surprised you can be this heated about how the US treats black people yet ignore and belittle all the progress black leaders and the black community have made in the last century+ to strengthen the civil rights of all Americans. I don't think the US is the same country it was 150 years ago because that's not how human society works and to view it as such is beyond useless. You've just decided on a boogeyman and you're trying to make everything fit into that world view.

:hmmyes:

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Nichael posted:

Worms (libs) go through their reproductive cycle every 60 days.

If we don't do something about it now it'll be out of control soon.

quote:

Over the past year your posting has consisted entirely of low effort strawmen, personal attacks, and drama posting, and absolutely nothing constructive or worthwhile. You've received ample chances to change your behavior and without fail you double down instead of correcting. In accordance with the warning I gave you, you are banned from D&D.

drat, you're my posting hero.

spacetoaster has issued a correction as of 04:33 on Apr 22, 2021

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Unoriginal Name posted:

what is this post lol

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

Nichael posted:

what is this post lol

It comes from a more... vile dimension.

Raiad
Feb 1, 2005

Without the law, there wouldn't be lawyers.

it would be immature to say that there is never a good instance for cops to execute a teenager, so i must take every chance that comes up to show that i can be reasonable on the subject

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

the radical agenda of infinite subsidies to private insurers

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

Unoriginal Name posted:

lol this was a d&d post. not going to undo it

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Good job Flavious. You're really on the ball.

lol

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

I like these weirdly personal. non-ramping probes going on between DnD and CSPAM.

Is moderation really that cavalier from subforum to subfourm? Like if a GBS mod just doesn't like what I say I can just eat a 24 prob?

Is this a question better suited for QCS? Not trying to stir poo poo as much as honestly ask at this point.

Like legit, PM me if you're a mod and this post is a problem I'll edit it in with something silly or something.

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

Zurtilik posted:

Is moderation really that cavalier from subforum to subfourm? Like if a GBS mod just doesn't like what I say I can just eat a 24 prob?

yes, it's always been this way

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Zurtilik posted:

I like these weirdly personal. non-ramping probes going on between DnD and CSPAM.

Is this a question better suited for QCS? Not trying to stir poo poo as much as honestly ask at this point.

Mods don't have access to forums search, so they really can't check to see if a thing that happens all the time in CSPAM is what is happening when they see a post that makes them mad.

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Unoriginal Name posted:

lmao

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Unoriginal Name posted:

lol

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

spacetoaster posted:

Mods don't have access to forums search, so they really can't check to see if a thing that happens all the time in CSPAM is what is happening when they see a post that makes them mad.

That makes sense to an extent. Maybe I'm overassuming the level of uhhhh cooperation and information available between mods and forums.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Flavius Aetass posted:

yes, it's always been this way

then why did I get poo poo for queuing up permabans

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Camden completely overhauled their police force and they're doing much better. There's a lot of other reform being enacted or being discussed that will further go towards removing systemic racism from policing. What's not helpful is the one sided view that all policing is inherently negative. Society needs a well regulated and well trained police force to function.

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

Zurtilik posted:

That makes sense to an extent. Maybe I'm overassuming the level of uhhhh cooperation and information available between mods and forums.

they were being sarcastic

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

spacetoaster posted:

Camden completely overhauled their police force and they're doing much better. There's a lot of other reform being enacted or being discussed that will further go towards removing systemic racism from policing. What's not helpful is the one sided view that all policing is inherently negative. Society needs a well regulated and well trained police force to function.

I thought they went private and it was its own nightmare

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Zurtilik posted:

cspam mods are 100% not going to search dnd to see if a post here matches up before probing. it's the risk you take for posting them and frankly it's funny af lmao

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

Raskolnikov38 posted:

then why did I get poo poo for queuing up permabans

qualifications for bans and especially permas are way more stringent in that they actually exist

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Every day he suffers a new indignity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

Crusty Nutsack posted:

cspam mods are 100% not going to search dnd to see if a post here matches up before probing. it's the risk you take for posting them and frankly it's funny af lmao

Okay! I'm just trying to make sure I understand things I guess.

Thanks!