Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Flavius Aetass posted:

when i was a kid my friend convinced me that hey man nice shot was about vince foster lol

lol your friend Rush Limbaugh?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

spacemang_spliff posted:

lol your friend Rush Limbaugh?

he was definitely the chuddiest kid i've ever met

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

I always want to ask the people who claim this poo poo: what would happen if bezos vanished without a trace right now? would amazon lose any revenue? would any of its operations change? what would it lose that’s worth a wage of one hundred and fifty thousand dollars every minute of every day???

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

World War Mammories posted:

I always want to ask the people who claim this poo poo: what would happen if bezos vanished without a trace right now? would amazon lose any revenue? would any of its operations change? what would it lose that’s worth a wage of one hundred and fifty thousand dollars every minute of every day???

he would be replaced with someone equally lovely, bezos isn't really unique at all

telling him that would probably piss him off lol

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Flavius Aetass posted:

when i was a kid my friend convinced me that hey man nice shot was about vince foster lol

i had a...friend is too strong a word, one of those "you hate each-other but still kinda hang out during breaks because you go to all the same classes" relationships.

anyway his dream was to be a cop because "if i say stop or ill shoot i can shoot you"

"what if i stop though" i responded

"no i can still shoot you"

knowing what i know now about cops that guy definitely became one

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Yinlock posted:

he would be replaced with someone equally lovely, bezos isn't really unique at all

telling him that would probably piss him off lol

it just loving amazes me how our system is supposed to reward hard work and gumption when there's a single rear end in a top hat who makes one hundred and fifty thousand united states dollars literally every minute of every single day as if he contributes even a thousandth that much in economic activity

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

they would say its impossible and refuse to engage with your argument, or maybe pivot to something about greedy unions not doing any work or poor people are often not that poor and they once saw a begger changing $100s worth of coins once for paper cash

stellers bae
Feb 10, 2021

by Hand Knit

it just loving amazes me how our system is supposed to reward hard work and gumption when there's a single rear end in a top hat who makes one hundred and fifty thousand united states dollars literally every minute of every single day as if he contributes even a thousandth that much in economic activity

i'd have less of a problem with it if what he created was actually new economic activity, but really most of those dollars are just money that would have gone to other companies, workers, or main street. like aws isn't enabling new apps to be created, it's taking money from microsoft and google. amazon.com isn't enabling new types of commerce, it's just killing retail

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt

comedyblissoption posted:

people shouldnt politically endorse genociders and concentration campers imo but thats just me

it's like entertaining a discussion of having to vote between hitler and mechahitler

bad news about Gnome in the '70's

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

comedyblissoption posted:

people shouldnt politically endorse genociders and concentration campers imo but thats just me

it's like entertaining a discussion of having to vote between hitler and mechahitler

listen, i'm no fan of hitler, but you can't even reason with mechahitler

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica

gradenko_2000 posted:

because of the way the issue is framed, it's never about whether the police should kill someone, it's only about whether the police was justified in doing so

Watching the vid i can see how this plays out, I think some are putting a god level request on the cop. They showed up and had seconds to try and evaluate the situation before berserker blows past the cop to attack pink. I still think 4 bullets is excessive, but i can see why the cops really couldn't do much prior to that moment.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

listen, i'm no fan of hitler, but you can't even reason with mechahitler

Mechahitler - The Trains Have Never Been More On Time

Happiness
Oct 10, 2004

papa horny michael posted:

Watching the vid i can see how this plays out, I think some are putting a god level request on the cop. They showed up and had seconds to try and evaluate the situation before berserker blows past the cop to attack pink. I still think 4 bullets is excessive, but i can see why the cops really couldn't do much prior to that moment.

it really was like fate/zero

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

even if you accept every premise the cop shouldn't have shot because the person he was supposedly defending was in the line of fire.

i'm really shocked i'm not seeing more people pointing that out, i guess some people think firearms are magic

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

LOL

holy poo poo.

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

Jill got the idea for this tweet from the handmaid's tale

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

this works because you've already metaphorically shot an innocent person

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Fleetwood posted:

Jill got the idea for this tweet from the handmaid's tale

"it's just a little prick"

I'll see myself out

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

people worried about whether the cop could hit bystanders by spraying should know that he used at least 4 seconds of bullet time

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

spacemang_spliff posted:

this works because you've already metaphorically shot an innocent person

Getting syqed is thread tradition.

So good on Flavius.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

alarumklok posted:

people worried about whether the cop could hit bystanders by spraying should know that he used at least 4 seconds of bullet time

increased funding so that officers can learn crimefighting techniques from noted master peacekeeper, bayonetta

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

alarumklok posted:

https://www.jacksonville.com/article/20120826/NEWS/801248235

quote:

Officer Craig Matthews shot seven times, and Officer Robert Sinishtaj fired nine times, police said. Neither had ever fired their weapons before on a patrol.

The volley of gunfire felled Johnson in just a few seconds and left nine other people bleeding on the sidewalk.

New York cops just open fire into a busy sidewalk.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://twitter.com/mtgreenee/status/1385002648911372292

They are really gonna debate? lol

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Bootleg Trunks posted:

shouldn't dejoy have been kicked out by now

the democrats support him because they also want to destroy the post office

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

oh 14 pages what a councidence

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Vim Fuego posted:

oh 14 pages what a councidence

88 paragraphs

42069 words

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
MTG should debate Destiny then we can all ignore it.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

lmao

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Penisaurus Sex posted:

bad news about Gnome in the '70's

You know I thought that it was probably easy tti get fooled into thinking the bad stuff about Cambodia was just more US propaganda, but after listening to the Lions Led by Donkeys series on Cambodia it was kind of obvious bad poo poo was actually going on there.

But who am I to judge I was fooled by Libya and Syria interventions because of bad dictators at first as well

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

This'll be worse than Destiny v Wolff

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

They're helping each other out in that grandstanding to their respective fans is great spectacle.

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

AOC pivoting fully to twitch streamer

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

AOC wouldn't work with Ted Cruz to fight against wall street cracking down on r/Wallstreet bets because she (rightfully) pointed out he was feigning outrage - but used the excuse of "he tried to have me killed!!" But will loving debate MTG about the green new deal as if it's all a game.

What an utter waste.

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
"berserker blows past pink" is the characterization of a diseased mind

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
https://twitter.com/OwenJones84/status/1385244346748968961?s=19

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

please log off

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

dem socs provide such good cover for right wing liberal regimes haha. the question is, are they aware that this is their role, or are they deluded into thinking otherwise?

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

https://twitter.com/potus/status/1385232169468055561?s=21
https://youtu.be/W9xv8mnonls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

my bony fealty posted:

dem socs provide such good cover for right wing liberal regimes haha. the question is, are they aware that this is their role, or are they deluded into thinking otherwise?

mix of both