Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Everyone in the Marvel universe lives in New York. Unless they rule their own nation or live in a swamp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

Bust Rodd posted:

The entire film exists as a vehicle for the Avengers to fight each other but the actual scenes in which the characters are talking to each other are so clumsy and awkward.

This makes it the most accurate comic book adaptation in the entire debacle

AgentHaiTo
Feb 7, 2003

Well, isn't this a coincidence? So, um, how you doing? You're busy, I know and I don't want to distract you, please, don't let me interrupt you.
I can't wait till John throws his Forged in Fire shield and it follows normal physics when he throws it and it just clanks against a wall and falls straight down.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Electric Phantasm posted:

Does John Walker have any means to get to where the action is going to be or is close enough to walk to it or something? I mean he has his new contact, but other than that all I'm seeing is JW seeing the news and then all the action scenes in the finale being interspersed with him trying to get through airport security.

Theoretically he just signed up with a shady spy organization with resources.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

AgentHaiTo posted:

I can't wait till John throws his Forged in Fire shield and it follows normal physics when he throws it and it just clanks against a wall and falls straight down.

I hope it falls into pieces like a looney tunes car complete with part of it doing the long roll/titter until it settles. Sam laughs as Bucky kicks it a bit and Walker storms off to call Mom (Julia)

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Everyone posted:

I'm not "Wait. Huh?" I'm "God-mother-loving dammit!" because about four weeks previous to this I bought Homecoming, Far From Home and MCU Hulk through Amazon Prime. So that's money wasted.

Not for Sony! :20bux:

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar

AgentHaiTo posted:

Or it explodes somebody’s head the first time he tries to knock them out. He’ll basically be slinging a manhole cover at people.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Marsupial Ape posted:

Nebula really is an interesting character. A lot of justifiable pathos with a genuine redemption arc. Also, as a self loathing depressive, I imagine that getting to kill a previous worse version of yourself has to be incredibly cathartic. I bet it tastes like the best birthday cake.

I’d actually like to see a team up between Nebula and Bucky. They have a lot of trauma in common and would be pretty good friends and that would be nice. Is there a fandom word for wanting to characters to be friends? I’m still bummed that MCU Cap and Daredevil got to hang out.

A friend-ship

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020

Its Rinaldo posted:

A friend-ship

Get out.

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.

Marsupial Ape posted:

Nebula really is an interesting character. A lot of justifiable pathos with a genuine redemption arc. Also, as a self loathing depressive, I imagine that getting to kill a previous worse version of yourself has to be incredibly cathartic. I bet it tastes like the best birthday cake.

I’d actually like to see a team up between Nebula and Bucky. They have a lot of trauma in common and would be pretty good friends and that would be nice. Is there a fandom word for wanting to characters to be friends? I’m still bummed that MCU Cap and Daredevil got to hang out.

I want a D+ series of Nebula and Rocket keeping themselves occupied during the blip years.

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

Everyone posted:

I'm not "Wait. Huh?" I'm "God-mother-loving dammit!" because about four weeks previous to this I bought Homecoming, Far From Home and MCU Hulk through Amazon Prime. So that's money wasted.

If it makes you feel better, this doesn’t include Hulk

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Azhais posted:

Everyone in the Marvel universe lives in New York. Unless they rule their own nation or live in a swamp
It's honestly kind-of adorable how much of Kirby/Lee-era Marvel is like that old New Yorker cover:

Like you can tell that the original X-Men were basically Lee and Kirby really stretching their muscles to imagine a detailed... upstate New York...

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Frankenstyle posted:

I want a D+ series of Nebula and Rocket keeping themselves occupied during the blip years.

I thought there was genuine good chemistry with Rhodes as well. Give me that trio's misadventures.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020

TulliusCicero posted:

I thought there was genuine good chemistry with Rhodes as well. Give me that trio's misadventures.

Oh, Christ, there were be an episode where Rocket gets to wear the War Machine armor.

AJA
Mar 28, 2015

Marsupial Ape posted:

Oh, Christ, there were be an episode where Rocket gets to wear the War Machine armor.

Rocket standing on War Machine's shoulder firing the shoulder cannon like a top-mounted machine gun.

Also, an even furrier version of the Colossus/Wolverine Fastball Special.

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.

Everyone posted:

Don't feel bad. My wife and I were trying to pick something to watch while half drunk and I was all like "I literally learned to read with Marvel comics and assorted siblings help, how it is we only own like half of the MCU movies?" Then I spent a couple hundred bucks to top off the collection, not even thinking about the fact that Disney+ was going online within the same week.

TulliusCicero posted:

The few minutes of them on Morag was the best part of Endgame.

...Not to suggest I didn't love the rest of Endgame too.

Lord Frankenstyle fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Apr 22, 2021

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

AJA posted:

Rocket standing on War Machine's shoulder firing the shoulder cannon like a top-mounted machine gun.

Also, an even furrier version of the Colossus/Wolverine Fastball Special.

Rhodey and Rocket hang out at one of Tony's properties. Rocket finds the (extremely well-stocked) liquor cabinet. Bucky finds his vibranium arm is gone as other heroes and villains discover that their own artificial body parts are missing because Rocket went on a "collection bender."

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
The chronological edit would make all the flashbacks in the Ant-man movies really dumb.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Friend-ship sunkover with Marsupial Ape and It's Rinaldo

Its Rinaldo fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Apr 22, 2021

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

Floppychop posted:

Did they loving cancel it?

edit: they loving did. goddammit. Peter Serafinowicz was amazing in it.

He was good, but Patrick Warburton is the best Tick

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

Golden Bee posted:

The chronological edit would make all the flashbacks in the Ant-man movies really dumb.

Only until we get a Young Pyms show.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Just chiming in to say I'd also love more Nebula hanging out with Rhodey & Rocket adventures. Or anyone really, I dug what they've done with her in the limited screen time she's had so far.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
It'll actually be interesting to see how Gunn writes Nebula and everyone's relationship without her because with Gamora gone, she really only has a relationship with Rocket. And the rest, which is to say Quill and Drax, don't really like her.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

live with fruit posted:

It'll actually be interesting to see how Gunn writes Nebula and everyone's relationship without her because with Gamora gone, she really only has a relationship with Rocket. And the rest, which is to say Quill and Drax, don't really like her.

Quill should be fun just for the 'trying to impress girlfriend's sister' element. And Thor should be cool with her too.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.

Gaz-L posted:

Quill should be fun just for the 'trying to impress girlfriend's sister' element. And Thor should be cool with her too.

I'd honestly like to see Quill being more bisexual in the movies, as he is now in comics, I imagine it'd make Chris Pratt squirm a bit, and that'd be fun enough alone for the backstage drama.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

Marsupial Ape posted:

Is there a fandom word for wanting to characters to be friends? I’m still bummed that MCU Cap and Daredevil got to hang out.

They really missed a trick not having Matt Murdock represent Steve Rogers in Civil War.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hktNRhOBqoc

I liked this video because I never really considered that Bucky could be seen as an amputee or differently abled icon, but here are real world bionic people who are watching Bucky and identifying with him and the little touches that help identify him as a member of their community. Overall a much more informative video than I was expecting, and really helps ground how otherworldly and essentially magic the Vibranium arm is.

Cool things I hadn't considered:

A) The arm (and I guess the shield) would either have to be impossibly lightweight or they would be too heavy for normal people to hold. Is Vibranium canonically super-lightweight?

B) We never see Bucky charge his arm. The engineer theorizes that he might have some kind of solar-reactive skin on top of the vibranium (this would explain why it's black instead of silver), but I would have to assumed it's probably more of an Arc-Reactor setup, or maybe Bucky's super soldier physiology means they can use his own blood or bioelectricity to power the arm.

C) Bucky's arm getting fried in the Walker fight and fixing itself just wouldn't happen normally, so we can assume it has some kind of Iron-Man/Falcon wing suit nano-technology. Sam's jetpack just... fixes itself? In mid-air? in Ep1, so there some kind of magic-nanotech repair functionality going on.

I just love dorking out about power levels and lore and the artifacts and Bucky's arm is like... I mean it's not Mjollnir but it's up there.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Bust Rodd posted:

A) Is Vibranium canonically super-lightweight?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q23jpbSu3dQ

"Stronger than steel and a third the weight"

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
T'Challa runs around covered head-to-toe in vibranium. Granted, he's superhuman but so is Bucky.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
There's also the point that Bucky is a super soldier, so he has an enhanced musculoskeletal system. He's the perfect platform for a bionic arm like that.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

I kind of figure the arm is either something "science magic" like an arc reactor or it just has a charge that lasts a full day/week/whatever and they don't feel the need to show him charging it.

Also, vibranium is basically magic. It does whatever the plot needs it to do at the time.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
Speaking of carrying around a bunch of metal, how does adamantium compare to vibranium? Or are they just going to make it so that Wolverine's got vibranium claws now.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
Adamantium is ever sturdier than vibranium if I recall. It probably has other material differences too, but the only other thing I recall about it off-hand is that it's poisonous to humans, and the reason Wolverine can have it in his body is because his healing factor negates the poison. However, doing so means that his healing factor is always devoting some of it's capacity to that, so when the adamantium is removed he becomes more fragile but heals faster. The Marvel universe has quite a few magic metals between vibranium, adamantium and uru metal at the very least, and may have others.

I think Cap's shield in the comics is a vibranium/adamantium mix so that it's ever harder than Wolverine's claws, but it being made from vibranium in the MCU means they may change how Wolverine is depicted too, I suppose. The MCU presumably just used vibranium alone because they didn't have the X-Men rights, but for the sake of simplicity and keeping it to one super metal everyone (bar Thor, who is magic) uses, I can see it becoming a vibranium skeleton. Then again, adamantium is so much a part of Wolverine in the common parlance that they may decide to include it; same as Thor and uru metal for Mjolnir.

Retrowave Joe
Jul 20, 2001

Diabetic posted:

I'd honestly like to see Quill being more bisexual in the movies, as he is now in comics, I imagine it'd make Chris Pratt squirm a bit, and that'd be fun enough alone for the backstage drama.

Man, we could've had this scene from Halt and Catch Fire, but with Ronan and Quill...

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

live with fruit posted:

Speaking of carrying around a bunch of metal, how does adamantium compare to vibranium? Or are they just going to make it so that Wolverine's got vibranium claws now.

Wolverine weighs about 300 lbs and is canonically only about 5’3.

https://twitter.com/phasezerocb/status/1385252705116073990?s=21

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020

tsob posted:

Adamantium is ever sturdier than vibranium if I recall. It probably has other material differences too, but the only other thing I recall about it off-hand is that it's poisonous to humans, and the reason Wolverine can have it in his body is because his healing factor negates the poison. However, doing so means that his healing factor is always devoting some of it's capacity to that, so when the adamantium is removed he becomes more fragile but heals faster. The Marvel universe has quite a few magic metals between vibranium, adamantium and uru metal at the very least, and may have others.

I think Cap's shield in the comics is a vibranium/adamantium mix so that it's ever harder than Wolverine's claws, but it being made from vibranium in the MCU means they may change how Wolverine is depicted too, I suppose. The MCU presumably just used vibranium alone because they didn't have the X-Men rights, but for the sake of simplicity and keeping it to one super metal everyone (bar Thor, who is magic) uses, I can see it becoming a vibranium skeleton. Then again, adamantium is so much a part of Wolverine in the common parlance that they may decide to include it; same as Thor and uru metal for Mjolnir.

If you want to get real turbo-nerd about 90's and 2000's Marvel, there's like 5 different kinds of Adamantium and two types of Vibranium. There is the oft-forgotten Omnium Steel, which is basically K-Mart Adamantium. Or is that Carbonadium? 616's Cap's shield is 'Proto-Adamantium', which is a alloy of Vibranium and True Adamantium (best kind) and an unknown catalyst.

There's only one way Disney can introduce magical Adamantine that I will allow.

Marsupial Ape fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Apr 22, 2021

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

"Which other property would you like to be a part of?"

"The most popular one."

Doronin
Nov 22, 2002

Don't be scared
In CA: The First Avenger, didn't Howard Stark say something about how the shield is made of vibranium and vaguely reference some "other material" in the alloy to keep it true to the source material? It was a bit of a throwaway line that hasn't been referenced since, but it was there.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
I don't see anything on the wikia about it at least, and I'd expect the kind of perfectionist that updates them to include any minor detail. That said, Sam is using a shield from an alternate timeline that Steve brought back after Thanos damaged the original beyond usability, and they can easily retcon that new shield to have extra alloys that make it harder than Wolverine's skeleton at some point if they want. I do wonder what's become of that original shield now though? Will it become a maguffin in some other film/show at some point, as a source of vibranium outside Wakanda's control?

Edit: USAgent's home made shield is presumably gonna be broken at some point in this next episode, but maybe Contessa will be able to reforge Steve's old shield for him to use in a future work?

tsob fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Apr 22, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again

Doronin posted:

In CA: The First Avenger, didn't Howard Stark say something about how the shield is made of vibranium and vaguely reference some "other material" in the alloy to keep it true to the source material? It was a bit of a throwaway line that hasn't been referenced since, but it was there.

Nah, the scene is even linked a few posts above.

howe_sam posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q23jpbSu3dQ

"Stronger than steel and a third the weight"