Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

busalover
Sep 12, 2020

inferis posted:

does anyone know what the book brace mentioned in the Adam Curtis episode of trueanon? he mentioned the author as mobo gao and the title was cultural revolution in history and memory, but I can’t tell if he gave the wrong title or the wrong author?

He probably made it up on the fly lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

inferis posted:

does anyone know what the book brace mentioned in the Adam Curtis episode of trueanon? he mentioned the author as mobo gao and the title was cultural revolution in history and memory, but I can’t tell if he gave the wrong title or the wrong author?

I think it’s The Battle for China's Past: Mao and the Cultural Revolution by Mobo Gao

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
op op op op oppa chap house style!

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

Dongicus posted:

op op op op oppa chap house style!

Heyyyyy, tankie ladies

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
The one blowback guy sounds kind of like Garfield

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
mondays were a psyop created by the CIA in 1952

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

I’m kind of surprised they never did a review episode of Boys State, seems like it would be good Chapo fodder

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

General Dog posted:

I’m kind of surprised they never did a review episode of Boys State, seems like it would be good Chapo fodder

holy gently caress that brings me back. my boys state experience was hella lord of the flies in the woods in ak, based on the trailer i doubt the movie captures the horror movie vibes.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Delta-Wye posted:

holy gently caress that brings me back. my boys state experience was hella lord of the flies in the woods in ak, based on the trailer i doubt the movie captures the horror movie vibes.

I think it’s a well enough made documentary that doesn’t lean very far one way or another in glorifying or demonizing the program and it’s organizers and participants, but I do think the guys would get a kick out of the subjects, who are all young aspiring reptiles/ghouls of one stripe or another.

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
brendan * noah ep was very good. i don't think i can remember matt being such a quiet boy on an ep before

cohsae
Jun 19, 2015

Not sure how many people actually got Stitcher premium but the new season of Blowback is good as hell.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

cohsae posted:

Not sure how many people actually got Stitcher premium but the new season of Blowback is good as hell.

I did for this and it’s indeed good as hell.

Also get to listen to Time for My Stories. Deadwood episode was good.

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009

cohsae posted:

I'm actually considering it. I really don't want to pay for some bullshit premium service, but Blowback is really exceptional

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
https://twitter.com/daliagebrial/status/1384625336353185795?s=19

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
is stitcher still garbage or can you use your own app now?

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
Is anyone listening to that Slate podcast about the Iraq War? I can't be bothered but did notice the episode summary asks "how much can that war be traced to one Iraqi exile's longstanding quest to return to Baghdad?"

Exile being chalabi, and lol, what a lens to use to start looking at the Iraq invasion

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

Are Amber and Virgil off the pod? Are we back to the original 3 again?

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Amber's done her contractually obligated episode for the year, christ knows with Virgil

yorkinshire
Apr 28, 2009

In space no one can hear your dope beats.
More like chapo free to leave whenever house

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'
Now is the time for Adam to move in to fill the vacuum.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
Virgil has actually been on the pod this whole time but has been too busy vaping/gaming to offer any commentary.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

terrorist ambulance posted:

I'm actually considering it. I really don't want to pay for some bullshit premium service, but Blowback is really exceptional

I'm going to listen to blowback without paying for it or using their terrible app with this one weird trick (stealing it)

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Virgil has actually been on the pod this whole time but has been too busy vaping/gaming to offer any commentary.

And we thought the gaming keyboard clatter was from Felix

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

some plague rats posted:

I'm going to listen to blowback without paying for it or using their terrible app with this one weird trick (stealing it)

:hmmyes:

It's what Chalabi would do

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟

some plague rats posted:

This is praxis

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Felix, give back that lathe of heaven. It's not for you.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
@Getfiscal RT'd this

had to do a double take. yikes:stare:

https://twitter.com/CIA/status/1385264244481007617?s=19

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

Are Amber and Virgil off the pod? Are we back to the original 3 again?

It would be nice to know just for confirmation.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I mean Amber’s appearances have always been sporadic

Virgil seems to be just doing his own podcast now

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

FlamingLiberal posted:

I mean Amber’s appearances have always been sporadic

Virgil seems to be just doing his own podcast now

Virgil gets into a bad batch of Fiji, doesn't feel good and changes-- NORMIE. Many such cases!

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Cosmik Slop posted:

Virgil gets into a bad batch of Fiji, doesn't feel good and changes-- NORMIE. Many such cases!

he changed his name back and became an accountant in Phoenix Arizona.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

I am of two minds about Virgil because on the one hand he can be devastatingly funny, especially towards deserving targets but on the other hand he is kind of a lib and apparently a fragile weenie besides which are contemptible qualities

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

It would be nice to know just for confirmation.

Why? Do you need closure?

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Email Virgil and ask him about his absence

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

tmz-style mob of reporters accosting virgil with pointed questions after he's seen emerging from the manhattan m&ms store

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
Thank you for answering me Mr Menaker sir https://twitter.com/willmenaker/status/1385359992325292037?s=19

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Fabricated posted:

Email Virgil and ask him about his absence

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Bust Rodd posted:

Why? Do you need closure?

I need to know who is or is not on which podcast at any given time, for my notes.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

I need to know who is or is not on which podcast at any given time, for my notes.

The lack of women/ POC representation on Chapo lately is abhorrent and the show sucks now. In this thread I will ... (1/82)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I'm going to go on Chapo and say all of the bad words until they have to get Amber back on as a distraction