Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

forkboy84 posted:

Did anyone order the recent CMLL PPV? I'm reading good things about Volador vs Bandido but can't decide if this is lucha fans starved for good wrestling or something to hope shows up online eventually

https://twitter.com/narukiroy/status/1375670223664263169

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

forkboy84 posted:

Did anyone order the recent CMLL PPV? I'm reading good things about Volador vs Bandido but can't decide if this is lucha fans starved for good wrestling or something to hope shows up online eventually

Cubs Fan gave it an "excellent" rating, which I recall he did for maybe two or three matches a year pre-pandemic.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Today in "CMLL gonna CMLL"

https://twitter.com/luchablog/status/1380663666551443456

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

CMLL aspires to the level of competence that would be required in order to sue itself.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Between it's handling of online PPV's, botching it's roster, and handling Covid arguably worse than WWE CMLL sure is having a year

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

The good news is Bandido vs Volador show airs on SamuraiTV later this month so hopefully some good quality footage makes it online

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler
Tired: AAA came into prominence by taking most of CMLL's talent and having better booking.
Wired: Antonio Peña was a witch and in communication with the devil.

https://twitter.com/luchablog/status/1385277681814679553?s=19

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Oil! posted:

Tired: AAA came into prominence by taking most of CMLL's talent and having better booking.
Wired: Antonio Peña was a witch and in communication with the devil.

https://twitter.com/luchablog/status/1385277681814679553?s=19

This makes him sound much much cooler

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
https://twitter.com/RobViper/status/1387152806046539778

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

CMLL is getting savaged in the Twitter replies to their announcement

https://twitter.com/CMLL_OFICIAL/status/1387151677682245636?s=19

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

The sad thing is it's not Covid causing this its Paco's heirs being super incompetent. Covid is just speeding things up and may even kill Arena Mexico for a few years

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

The irony is Paco's real heir was Sofía, but she was forced out by the old guard because they were afraid she was going to clean house and bring in young people to run CMLL. Chavo Lutteroth and his son are now running things and welp....

Someone was asking if Sofía was involved in Federación Lucha Libre, which would be very interesting.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Pinche Rudo posted:

The irony is Paco's real heir was Sofía, but she was forced out by the old guard because they were afraid she was going to clean house and bring in young people to run CMLL. Chavo Lutteroth and his son are now running things and welp....

Someone was asking if Sofía was involved in Federación Lucha Libre, which would be very interesting.

Diamante Azul is basically saying he's going to be involved, and if he wants to keep that name, well.. Sofia owns it.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Sofia has met with the wrestlers union so she is at least planning something.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Lucha needs something as with AAA getting sued and CMLL self destructing/covid Lucha is super open for WWE being able to come in and that's super worrying on a lot of levels

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

https://twitter.com/therealfredo/status/1387158289599766529?s=20

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Hey the only man to wrestle for World Title in Arena Mexico and MSG is more than worth fighting over!

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

I recall reading that most of the CMLL roster is working on handshake deals so if Sofía is planning a talent raid it's not going to be very hard to convince luchadores to jump ship, especially since CMLL has been taking bigger chunks of booking fees and possibly cutting pay rates.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

https://twitter.com/rushtoroblanco/status/1387208759823450116?s=19

"For the second time, I say goodbye CMLL"

So Rudo

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

I would say NGD would follow Sofia but I thought one of the members was engaged to UG's daughter/stepdaughter, maybe we'll get a reboot of the infamous UG Mustang video

Also is there a way to force CMLL to keep Diamante Azul

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Mob posted:

I would say NGD would follow Sofia but I thought one of the members was engaged to UG's daughter/stepdaughter, maybe we'll get a reboot of the infamous UG Mustang video

Also is there a way to force CMLL to keep Diamante Azul

sofia is dating one of the NGDs

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
Diamante Azul kicks rear end and I won't let you slag him off in my face

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

I know Sofia is dating one of NGD but there are three of them

Boco_T posted:

Diamante Azul kicks rear end and I won't let you slag him off in my face

no he stinks!!!

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/luchablog/status/1388643402321993728

Card:

Dinastia, Toxin, Aramis, Latigo and Arez in a fatal fiveway
Octagon Jr, Taurus and a mystery luchador in a triple threat for the vacant Latin American title
Faby Apache, Lady Shani, Lady Flammer, Chik Tormenta, Maravilla and a mystery luchadora in a sixway for the vacant Reina de Reinas title
Laredo Kid, Texano Jr, Murder Clown, Aerostar, Drago, Abismo Negro Jr, Hijo del Vikingo and Myzteziz in the Rey de Reyes
Psycho Clown and Pagano vs Chessman and a mystery luchador in a no DQ match

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Ahahaha they debuted a new Sexy Star 24 hours after the old one got the dogshit kicked out of her.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Deonna Purazzo! Looks like they're setting up title vs title?

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Jesus that shopping cart powerbomb

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

CMLL invaders dick kicking the ref is the AAA I have come to know and love

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

LA Park has pneumonia :smith:

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

AAA have announced some details about Triplemania! August 14th, limited capacity, at the Arena Ciudad de México. And according to Cubsfan, Faby Apache vs Deonna Purrazzo in a AAA vs Impact title match, Kenny Omega vs Andrade for the Mega Title & Psycho Clown vs Rey Escorpion mascara contra cabellera.

Kenny & Callis sent in a promo

https://twitter.com/luchalibreaaa/status/1394695143098363907?s=20

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

huh, so I guess CMLL owns the right to the name La Sombra then? Figures tbh

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Venomous posted:

huh, so I guess CMLL owns the right to the name La Sombra then? Figures tbh

Isn't he not allowed to use that by the lucha commission since he lost his mask?

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Pylons posted:

Isn't he not allowed to use that by the lucha commission since he lost his mask?

I thought he worked in CMLL as La Sombra for two months after he lost his mask tho?

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Your mask and name are not connected that way.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

names are usually owned by the company. That's why Caristico went through like half a dozen name changes(also to gently caress with AAA's trademarking office).

The masks are unique to the wrestler but sometimes you'll get weird stuff like LA Park and La Parka(RIP) because the wrestling companies will try to leverage the name trademark as a whole IP trademark. And mexico doesn't really enforce that kind of thing. Then it gets even more confusing when kids and relatives will also don similar masks.

And sometimes post losing an apuesta, they'll wear the mask as part of their walkout gear and take it off. Sometimes they won't bother to take it off because the match starts hot or they're feeling self conscious. No one checks on the luchador. They should make sure he has enough to eat.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

It's unknown who has the La Sombra trademark, it could be CMLL or it could be Sofia Alonso. I imagine Andrade probably doesn't want to deal with the headache of using a name that someone else owns and at this point his name brand is close to or on equal footing with La Sombra anyways.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

coconono posted:

names are usually owned by the company. That's why Caristico went through like half a dozen name changes(also to gently caress with AAA's trademarking office).

The masks are unique to the wrestler but sometimes you'll get weird stuff like LA Park and La Parka(RIP) because the wrestling companies will try to leverage the name trademark as a whole IP trademark. And mexico doesn't really enforce that kind of thing. Then it gets even more confusing when kids and relatives will also don similar masks.

And then there's El Hijos and Jr.s (sometimes both for the same wrestler), and gimmicks that are parodies/homages/parallels to other gimmicks (like Pentagón/Octagón) to even further confuse it.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

sticklefifer posted:

And then there's El Hijos and Jr.s (sometimes both for the same wrestler), and gimmicks that are parodies/homages/parallels to other gimmicks (like Pentagón/Octagón) to even further confuse it.

and don't forget the minis and the lady versions.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
This is the moment a tiny boy, aged five, was flung to the ground and injured by a professional wrestler in Mexico.

The shocking footage of Einar Cruz, who performs as ‘Einar El Vikingo’, reacting furiously after the child approached him during an outdoor event in Mexico City, has stunned wrestling fans.

The boy, named Mateo, walked over to the grappler following a tag team match and reached for the 21-year-old wrestler’s neck just after he had lost.

Cruz stood up and attacked him in a move that was clearly not part of the script and far from the fan-friendly WWE.

Speaking to television network Telediario, the youngster said he wanted to choke Einar El Vikingo because he was on the villain team.

The clip shows how several bystanders in the crowd quickly came to Mateo’s aid and angrily reprimanded El Vikingo for his vicious reaction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Mucha Lucha Atlanta just announced Andrade's opponent for the July 11th show: CARISTICO