Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should troll Fancy Pelosi be allowed to stay?
This poll is closed.
Yes 160 32.92%
No 326 67.08%
Total: 486 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

Vorik posted:

https://twitter.com/allyversprille/status/1385280291082838020?s=20

Pretty good. The rich got massively richer in the past year and maybe even more so in 2021 with the current housing bubble. I'm sure they won't mind splitting a piece of their big fat pie.

A lot of our societal problems stem from 21st century capitalism incentivizing a smash and grab approach over a growth and development approach. Anything that moves people’s decisions into long term projects instead of short term cash grabs is a good thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Capital gains should be taxed as regular income. Full stop.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

FlamingLiberal posted:

Yeah it's ridiculous that they're not.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Who made the ironclad rule that the only thing this bill is allowed to be about is INFRASTRUCTURE and now we all just have to argue over what is and is not infrastructure anyway?

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
Not really surprised about this.
https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1385224369371111427

https://twitter.com/mtgreenee/status/1385002648911372292
So the debate will be in 2-3 months? I know it takes a long time to ready 14 pages formated like this.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

Data Graham posted:

Who made the ironclad rule that the only thing this bill is allowed to be about is INFRASTRUCTURE and now we all just have to argue over what is and is not infrastructure anyway?

Nobody.

Republicans just have no real angle to attack this and every time anyone repeats that argument it gives them more power.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
I'm not seeing anything on AOC's twitter about this :thunk:

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry god. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now, at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon.

Amen.

Bugsy posted:

https://twitter.com/mtgreenee/status/1385002648911372292
So the debate will be in 2-3 months? I know it takes a long time to ready 14 pages formated like this.

MTG saw the bill was 14 pages and was deeply disappointed when it wasn't one word per page.

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009

Zaphod42 posted:

https://twitter.com/justinbaragona/status/1385039260227616768?s=20

I know Fox News says dumb poo poo is nothing new but this one really just leaves me dumbfounded

This is one person I'd actually like to see Jake Paul fight. No matter who loses America is the winner.

Owlspiracy
Nov 4, 2020

Vorik posted:

https://twitter.com/allyversprille/status/1385280291082838020?s=20

Pretty good. The rich got massively richer in the past year and maybe even more so in 2021 with the current housing bubble. I'm sure they won't mind splitting a piece of their big fat pie.

this is a Big, Big, Big Deal.

Kraftwerk
Aug 13, 2011
i do not have 10,000 bircoins, please stop asking

A GIANT PARSNIP posted:

A lot of our societal problems stem from 21st century capitalism incentivizing a smash and grab approach over a growth and development approach. Anything that moves people’s decisions into long term projects instead of short term cash grabs is a good thing.

It's especially bad when you consider the insane amount of mind-breaking work that goes into getting a STEM degree; only to find out you have a choice between being treated like poo poo for 60k per year working in your field versus making enormous amounts of money working finance.

Everything about the economy as it exists today incentivizes people to sit on massive piles of cash or invest it into stocks, crypto, artwork, dongs etc. You might as well build an enormous steam engine in the middle of Nebraska somewhere, hook it up a money printer and then fuel the furnaces with railcars full of money while producing 7-100% more money out the other end as you blast black smoke into the atmosphere. This is a metaphorical representation for how the current modern "economy" works. We are repurposing useful assets into making a number go up without physically changing anything in our world or creating utility or value for society.

Semiconductor technology is being repurposed for consuming electricity and generating heat for "perceived" value. In my opinion even playing video games with this stuff is a better use of the money than what's happening now.

Attempting to expand a business, hire more staff, build more machines is riskier than just loving around with imaginary money while power plants and computer farms overheat our atmosphere. The worst part about this is once you've hoarded enough money in your name, the money somehow makes you the equivalent of a deity in society. It gives you disproportionate amounts of power, bends the laws of the land to benefit you and turns everyone around you into supplicants. You can even get away with sexual assault because #MeToo is just the tip of the iceberg, there's probably tons of women out there who have internalized that they have to do sexual favors for billionaires and keep quiet about the exploitation to advance their standing in life and that this is simply "how it is".

All of the above save for the last point (which has started to unravel thanks to activism) is treated the same way as our relationship with the laws of physics. To try to question the current economic order is like attempting to question the laws of nature. Everyone has internalized that our current economic framework is immutable rather than something we all agree to by consensus. These things CAN be changed, and they SHOULD be changed. We should be spending the trillions of dollars being tied up in crypto and equities on projects to improve humanity. Better energy, better food production, infrastructure, space exploration, making work "optional" rather than necessary for survival etc. We should be freeing up the surplus value and productive capacity of our society to pursue meaningful ventures rather than chasing our own tails in menial jobs.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

I'm not seeing anything on AOC's twitter about this :thunk:

The debate was planned by the same people who run the space lasers! Use your imagination :downs:

Oh god I would actually pay money to watch AOC tear this lunatic idiot a new one in an actual debate. For her own safety because that loon might actually pull a gun on her, she should never do it.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
But how mad will Ben Shapiro be that this lunatic gets a debate first

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
14 pages? That will take forever to read.

MSB3000
Jul 30, 2008

TulliusCicero posted:

The debate was planned by the same people who run the space lasers! Use your imagination :downs:

Oh god I would actually pay money to watch AOC tear this lunatic idiot a new one in an actual debate. For her own safety because that loon might actually pull a gun on her, she should never do it.

Aside the actual potential for being shot, it's not like reasoning and facts would matter in a debate with the GQP.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Eric Cantonese posted:

14 pages? That will take forever to read.

Anything over 14 words is going to be a non starter

vvvv Augh didn't see that before, that's a superior joke

zoux fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Apr 22, 2021

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

Abner Assington posted:

MTG saw the bill was 14 pages and was deeply disappointed when it wasn't one word per page.

I appreciate this joke.

I'd rather AOC not do the debate, if there is one (there won't be). It's obvious MTG is going to gish gallop all over her and she isn't going to be convincing any chuds watching.

MSB3000
Jul 30, 2008

Youth Decay posted:

I appreciate this joke.

I'd rather AOC not do the debate, if there is one (there won't be). It's obvious MTG is going to gish gallop all over her and she isn't going to be convincing any chuds watching.

Exactly this. AOC would be preaching to the choir and nobody else. The "debate" proposal is purely bad faith.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

zoux posted:

https://twitter.com/cbfplr/status/1385081742290300932
I will have one portion of wood, if you please. Yes, I'll take a bag.

I haven't seen a plastic bag at The Home Depot in a while.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I hate Ben Shapiro so loving much.

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004
Please send a report when you see me complain about other posters and threads outside of QCS

~thanks!

The only time I ever see ben shapiro is when people share what he's saying here

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!
just want to mention that Benny almost got his neck snapped when he dead named some woman journo and she warning him that if did that again bad things would happen.

he then tried to sue her and then drop the suit.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Booourns posted:

some quick googling suggests his podcast is the 8th most popular on the apple charts right now, which is ~everything minus spotify

Lucas Archer
Dec 1, 2007
Falling...
He's such a loving worm, I can't understand why anyone takes him seriously at all.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016

Booourns posted:

He's very popular among the worst people.

"Intellectual" conservatives.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!
this is pure tinhat, but his dad's dark money and social netowrks probably inflate his numbers and ranks.

also certain nerds love seeing one of their own people own the libs.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

PhazonLink posted:

this is pure tinhat, but his dad's dark money and social netowrks probably inflate his numbers and ranks.

100%. Getting daddy's help to inflate your numbers as you lecture people about picking themselves up by the bootstraps. Great work if you have no conscience.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

PhazonLink posted:

There’s no “probably” about it. It’s been reported multiple times that he and people like him openly flaunt “rules” about manipulation on multiple networks by just paying people to spread it in various ways. They get away with it because banning them would not only mean less money but because literally all the heavily conservative groups do it and you can’t ban them because that would mean you’re biased.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

PhazonLink posted:

He's not even particularly good at it though, and he comes off as a whiney tool most of the time. He's also like horrifically unfunny when he tries to make a joke.

Crowder is like actual pain for me to ever hear speak, but I can see how he could at least be seen by frat bro racist chuds as "charismatic". Ben doesn't even have that.

Space Gopher
Jul 31, 2006

BLITHERING IDIOT AND HARDCORE DURIAN APOLOGIST. LET ME TELL YOU WHY THIS SHIT DON'T STINK EVEN THOUGH WE ALL KNOW IT DOES BECAUSE I'M SUPER CULTURED.

haveblue posted:

But how mad will Ben Shapiro be that this lunatic gets a debate first

There will not be a debate. That post is about as legit as "hey, @JeffBezos, nice running into you, thanks for the offer to give me a billion bucks worth of Amazon shares, hope to see them in my account soon!"

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

AOC debating MTG would be a massive mistake and I have to imagine she knows that.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY
MTG wanted the debate to be pay-per-view and split the money between her and AOC. She just wants to use it to fundraise.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!
the right wing media thread also has a birdpost of ben being very mad that a black hero is captain america and can also do the silly shield throw.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

PhazonLink posted:

the right wing media thread also has a birdpost of ben being very mad that a black hero is captain america and can also do the silly shield throw.

:lol:

He was only Captain America for like actual years in the comics like a decade before now

It amazes me how behind non-comic book chuds are that Marvel was way more progressive than DC before Disney ever even took over.

Like what the gently caress did they think X Men was about?

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

Debating these lunatics is pointless and I hope it doesn’t happen. AOC will make 99 good points and the news coverage will be about the one time she flubs a number.

AmiYumi
Oct 10, 2005

I FORGOT TO HAIL KING TORG

TulliusCicero posted:

“Minorities and ‘survivors’ of the so-called ‘Holocaust’ are inherently dangerous and evil, haha pew pew action scenes”

Stop bothering with what Regressives “think” media is about, if they were capable of analysis and critical thinking they wouldn’t be cons in the first place

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016

TulliusCicero posted:

Conservatives never, ever, ever understand metaphor or allegory.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Space Gopher posted:

There will not be a debate. That post is about as legit as "hey, @JeffBezos, nice running into you, thanks for the offer to give me a billion bucks worth of Amazon shares, hope to see them in my account soon!"

I know, I just wanted to think about Shapiro being mad

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Arist posted:

AOC debating MTG would be a massive mistake and I have to imagine she knows that.

I assume you’re meaning for AOC and if so I agree.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Euphoriaphone
Aug 10, 2006

FlamingLiberal posted:

IMO they should be taxed higher than ordinary (labor) income.