Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Lemniscate Blue posted:

That's a Barrett .50, right? I've never fired one - what kind of pressure wave would you expect to get off of that thing, because whatever it is it's going straight down that dude's poop chute and that can't be comfortable.

It's definitely not a Barrett.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Lemniscate Blue posted:

That's a Barrett .50, right? I've never fired one - what kind of pressure wave would you expect to get off of that thing, because whatever it is it's going straight down that dude's poop chute and that can't be comfortable.

M110- simplest terms, an M16 in 308. His B-Hole is way behind the end of the silencer, so no worries there.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
not every sniper rifle is a barret

not every pistol is a desert eagle

games ruin everything

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
Noted. I ended up showing my own rear end on that one.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Did... did anyone use it as a bipod rest?

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Elviscat posted:

Did... did anyone use it as a bipod rest?

The true operators only use a monopod :wiggle:

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
They call me "Tripod" for an entirely different reason.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Couldn't have been a Barrett. The mighty blast of air pressure would have obviously torn buttrest man in half, from rear end in a top hat to ear.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Look, I'm not saying I'm working with much. It's an OK forward grip, like a bleached out Knights armament one worn smooth by the Iraqi sands.

Call me

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Hyperlynx posted:

Couldn't have been a Barrett. The mighty blast of air pressure would have obviously torn buttrest man in half, from rear end in a top hat to ear.

I always loved that stupid lie.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
Use a monopod and seat it in the b-hole so you can swivel

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

The Israeli air marshals are the ones who demanded the "Deagle", aka the Desert Eagle, be invented. They used to carry little pussy little .22s on airplanes because they were worried about depressurizing the cabin, but then the mossad invented a special incendiary .50 magnum bullet that does not penetrate the cabin. It also burns people from the inside out, the most horrible death imaginable.

Now the air marshalls have the true firepower they need in case of a hijacking.

Fun deagle facts:
  • The shockwave of the massive .50 bullet has been known to kill men
  • The weird looking slide was actually made to mount an optic! you can even mount rifle scopes on the deagle, turning it into a deadly sniper pistol
  • the deagle is heavily modifiable, there are hundreds of accessories to choose from

a heavily modified deagle

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

Having fired the .50 Desert Eagle once upon a time, it's a hilarious gun to shoot, with an absolutely silly fireball, but it's completely impractical :sun:

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Carrol O'Connor carrying a deagle as good ol boy Sheriff Gillespie on Heat of the Night will always be the funniest thing about 90s tv

Valtonen
May 13, 2014

Tanks still suck but you don't gotta hand it to the Axis either.
The grip size makes it absolutely horrible to shoot unless your hands look like shovels, though. Definitely not for orange presidents.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
I can't think of deagles without thinking of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3eqZJrwCcc

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Every step, a fucking adventure.

Mr. Nice! posted:

I can't think of deagles without thinking of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3eqZJrwCcc

Holy poo poo that was from 2000

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

TCD posted:

Holy poo poo that was from 2000

:catstare:

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Yeah man 90's kids are the new 70's parents.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Lemniscate Blue posted:

You might think so, butt taint

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

canyoneer posted:

You might think so, butt taint

You cheeky bastard!

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Wibla posted:

Having fired the .50 Desert Eagle once upon a time, it's a hilarious gun to shoot, with an absolutely silly fireball, but it's completely impractical :sun:

It's the only handgun I've fired that makes the Mark 23 seem reasonable.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Lemniscate Blue posted:

Missed this post earlier, but I think it would just leave a crack :dadjoke:

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I dunno, seems like it'd channel that shockwave right into his prostate.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

I worked a gun range that had a rental Deagle in Gold Tiger Stripe. After being a Range Safety for a renter firing it, I told them to quit charging by the box, because nearly no one fired more than a mag through it.

We went from charging 30$ a box to 20$ a mag.

Still rented so much it was clapped out within 2 years.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
I fired a nickel-plated one in .44 magnum that was very well maintained and cared for in general. It only had a single stoppage in an 8-round mag.

To be fair, asking a modern semi-auto pistol to fire eight whole rounds without a single failure to feed is pretty unrealistic.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Memento posted:

I fired a nickel-plated one in .44 magnum that was very well maintained and cared for in general. It only had a single stoppage in an 8-round mag.

To be fair, asking a modern semi-auto pistol to fire eight whole rounds without a single failure to feed is pretty unrealistic.

I had a 1980s manufactured one in 357 that was the most finicky gun I've ever owned.
I'm including Army guns- that piece of poo poo hated just about every brand and loading I put into it, with one absolutely insane outlier.
Aluminum cased Blazer was a loving typewriter in it.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

bulletsponge13 posted:

I worked a gun range that had a rental Deagle in Gold Tiger Stripe. After being a Range Safety for a renter firing it, I told them to quit charging by the box, because nearly no one fired more than a mag through it.

We went from charging 30$ a box to 20$ a mag.

Still rented so much it was clapped out within 2 years.

Was this the one at Don’s with the bitemarks?

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Remulak posted:

Was this the one at Don’s with the bitemarks?

Nah a place in PA, Trop.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

bulletsponge13 posted:

M110- simplest terms, an M16 in 308. His B-Hole is way behind the end of the silencer, so no worries there.

OTOH

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Yeah, Mr. Spotter is about to get a closed head injury.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.
We were in Vegas for a buddy’s birthday and hit up Battlefield Vegas, the place that’ll let you crush a car with a tank, and someone was renting one of those on the range. Indoors the concussion was insane, it was like a big bass kick drum in your lungs, and that’s not being anywhere in the path of the muzzle brake.

Seconding the Deagle sentiment. Hilarious to shoot, especially if I’m not buying the ammo, completely impractical unless you have Truckasaurus hands.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

I shot a .357 and full fat .50 desert eagle with a friend of mine a few years back and an indoor range. The .357 was ok, but the 50 was just stupid as hell. Dramatic, but not actually much good. Also made a tactical error and was standing to the right of my friend so when he fired, the brass jumped the lane divider and smacked me in the forehead. Not fun.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

If that spotter is feeling congested, he won't be in a few seconds.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Tangentially related- I got caught in the back blast of an AT4 once.

It felt like my entire body got punched.

1/10, do not recommend.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

bulletsponge13 posted:

Tangentially related- I got caught in the back blast of an AT4 once.

It felt like my entire body got punched.

1/10, do not recommend.

You served in the same unit as Abu Hajar?

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Vengarr posted:

You served in the same unit as Abu Hajar?

Nah. Combat is chaos. We were in serious contact, and I was helping a wounded dude to the CCP. Dude checked his poo poo, called it clear, we weren't able to stop our momentum in time.

We moved A LOT slower after that.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Man. My only experienced with the at4 was in basic and I didn't even fire it. loving thing scared the gently caress out of me because it was basically two loving consecutive explosions to me though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Wasabi the J posted:

Yeah man 90's kids are the new 70's parents.
There are millennials who are grandparents.

Deaglechat: Friend of mine has one in 357 with a 10" barrel. Apart from the humongous grip it's pretty nice to shoot.