Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nuns with Guns)

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

No I Will Never Log Off

Edit: sorry for extremely horrible snype, so uhh what is Jenny working on now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

fatherboxx posted:

Edit: sorry for extremely horrible snype, so uhh what is Jenny working on now?
I think she's watching an unhealthy amount of Barbie movies.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I know tweeters who use subtweets and they're all cowards. What I was saying in that thread was 1/?

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Yeah. She's also got a beanie babies video in the works but shelved it temporary due to a creative block.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Kunster posted:

Yesterday a tweet on how weebs are silly for dancing to cheery-sounding japanese tunes made me remember Sukiyaki being a pretty big deal and would have made up for a neat One Hit Wonderland.

Accurate double meme

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/528001841326325790/830985076010909706/When_the_song_is.mp4
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/792899306734223411/831079088764485682/eigo_da.mp4

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Lyrics are secondary to rhythm and tempo. poo poo, just look at the Italian hit song Prisencolinensinainciusol. The singer, Adriano Celentano, wanted it to sound American—and it do—but the actual lyrics are gibberish.

https://i.imgur.com/TO4OT5E.mp4

That's not Italian, or English. It is literal nonsesne.

Skippy McPants fucked around with this message at 13:16 on Apr 23, 2021

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Skippy McPants posted:

Lyrics are secondary to rhythm and tempo.

:hmmyes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=434rBX_G85o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWgvGjAhvIw

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

what is subtweeting anyway

Karloff
Mar 21, 2013

It's a very annoying passive aggressive tweet where you allude to someone who has transgressed in some fashion without actually naming them but still making it clear who they are.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

a cartoon duck posted:

what is subtweeting anyway

Tweeting about someone or something in a vague way that doesn't explicitly reference them.

Sometimes it's harmless venting, sometimes it's a bit more meanspirited.

Karloff
Mar 21, 2013

In the end if you call someone out, you can't complain that they respond and defend themselves. I mean what the gently caress? I used to have a friend who would accuse me of making stuff up (mild stuff like film facts) when we were talking in a group of friends. In the end when he did this I would grab my laptop and prove that I wasn't making poo poo up and he'd get angry and pouty about it and say "it's lame that you feel the need to prove it" but I was always like "mate, you're choosing to call me out, trying to make me look like a liar, I'm gonna defend my reputation". I mean that was just a lame dumb argument about poo poo that didn't really matter, but I remember the feeling of someone making me out to be something I wasn't and it sucked, I can't even imagine the stress if someone was publicly making me out to be a monster.

Karloff fucked around with this message at 14:35 on Apr 23, 2021

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

There's a distinct annoying-sibling-on-a-family-roadtrip "I'm not touching yoooooooouuuuuuuu" energy here, and then getting indignant when their hand gets slapped out of the way

EDIT: to be clear I don't know what the real story is and I don't particularly think their interpersonal drama is any of my business, but constantly alluding to something horrific and then going "lol why do u even care" when the accused finally addresses it is just insanely lovely, what the hell

ninjahedgehog fucked around with this message at 14:30 on Apr 23, 2021

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Doctor Spaceman posted:

what are you talking about

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_zWZNqmslQ

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Karloff posted:

In the end if you call someone out, you can't complain that they respond and defend themselves. I mean what the gently caress? I used to have a friend who would accuse me of making stuff up (mild stuff like film facts) when we were talking in a group of friends. In the end when he did this I would grab my laptop and prove that I wasn't making poo poo up and he'd get angry and pouty about it and say "it's lame that you feel the need to prove it" but I was always like "mate, you're choosing to call me out, trying to make me look like a liar, I'm gonna defend my reputation". I mean that was just a lame dumb argument about poo poo that didn't really matter, but I remember the feeling of someone making me out to be something I wasn't and it sucked, I can't even imagine the stress if someone was publicly making me out to be a monster.

I know a guy like this, he's something of a huffy know-it-all who basically spends his free time just reading game wikis for fun so any time we, as a group, are talking about things he tends to presume he knows more than anyone else about everything (especially non-video game things, which is where we butt-heads a lot) and a lot of the people in our group usually just defer to him as the expert even though he genuinely just isn't right a lot of the time. But arguing gets me nowhere and if I point out that "Oh by the way, I was right about this thing an hour ago" and post a link everyone thinks I'm being extremely petty and aggro over it :shepface:.

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains
I also recall it being Immediately obvious that she was talking about Todd and Lina.
And it sounds like it wasnt Lindsay's place to respond to this to begin with. Then again I am even less qualified.
Still, potentially lovely behavior or not, I hope Kyle will be okay.

Garrand posted:

Just because I know it was posted earlier and I also kinda hate it when I post something that only gets a bunch of responses when someone else posts the same thing
I see you

I see you seeing me and thank you.

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

Some people I follow do nothing but vaguetweet about things, events, people. For someone as desperate for context as me it's infuriating.

(Yes, this is also a vaguetweet only it's on a forum so it doesn't count, gently caress you)

And gently caress Jourdain, seriously. To be confronted with an actual pushback and then be all like "lol what are you doing trying to figure out subtweets" when it's obvious you've been talking about these guys for years and have mentioned them directly so many times? Yeeeeeaaaaaah. Bye.

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

Yeah in a way she probably saw how she handled the Mara stuff and seeing that the perpetrator was posting this stuff rather than faving a shitload of stuff at the same time, leaving it stewing there and leading to it to step on rakes by itself seems to be the right call.

Yeah it's probably easy to find n examples of this happening, even with music that's of the same language, I just found it amusing that the post was like "Oh, only Weebs do this" when you can easily find examples from other times of this going on. A Trance hit was done on a theme song for a show about the Troubles!

Pachylad
Jul 12, 2017

Kim Justice posted:

And gently caress Jourdain, seriously. To be confronted with an actual pushback and then be all like "lol what are you doing trying to figure out subtweets" when it's obvious you've been talking about these guys for years and have mentioned them directly so many times? Yeeeeeaaaaaah. Bye.

Seriously in the previous thread alone as I mentioned earlier, EVERYONE COULD TELL WHO THE PEOPLE INVOLVED WERE:

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

song vs song is hosted by todd in the shadows

Stormgale posted:

Need to Refresh the thread sometimes, dissapointing to hear Todd is an rear end in a top hat

Dabir posted:

So is Todd the enabler or the abuser? From reading the followup it sounded like the other guy is the abuser. Either way awful poo poo which I really didn't need today of all days.

Kay Kessler posted:

https://twitter.com/jourdayen/status/1205241454563659776

Judging from this it sounds like the abused in question would like it if people wouldn't tweet about this at Todd or anyone he associates with. It seems she made the tweet to officially sever ties and get some closure. It would be for the best if people in this thread would grant her request.

It's loving disingenuous gaslighting poo poo to say that she never singled out any parties.

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe

Plot twist: They find the song extremely relatable

Edit: The clown lady talks about the fall of Common White Girl

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8j3XgBznio

Violet_Sky fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Apr 23, 2021

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

jourdain

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

to be fair. both songs are earworms and catchy as hell.

Sea_Caldwell
Feb 5, 2021

This Jourdain person is very Twitter poisoned. Posting tweets every single minute. That can't be good for your health.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

What anime (presumably) is the first song from?

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

DoctorWhat posted:

What anime (presumably) is the first song from?
It's not from anime.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8VYWazR5mE

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
does anyone else want to quote the two very large videos I don't think this page is quite long enough

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

Quinton Reviews has a new video on themed Mcdonalds!

Requiem For a Themed McDonald's

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBQbRfNHBfk&ab_channel=QuintonReviews

Then on his second channel, he interviews Max Kriegler, owner of the Nonstandard McDonalds Twitter account! It's a great interview. I've been friends with Max for a couple of years now and I'm really happy his stuff has been finding so much success :unsmith:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YR0SFS4fQw&ab_channel=QuintonRe2s

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUk3_3eBD_M

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Did Blair White ever walk back her support for the MAGA cult. What with them pretty much trying to wipe out non-cis people in their last few months of power?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Katt posted:

Did Blair White ever walk back her support for the MAGA cult. What with them pretty much trying to wipe out non-cis people in their last few months of power?

last I saw she was still doing her act of going on right wing 'discussions' where she says 'uh yea sure lots of people are lying about being trans for attention, a real thing that happens all the time, but, ya know...some of us are real and maybe shouldn't be called the t-slur' and then four bleach blonde freaks and/or thumb shaped sex criminals call her a degenerate to her face and ask why they can't just purge the freaks and perverts from the world.

So, like, either that grift money is real good or someone needs to show her there are less fashy ways to indulge a humiliation kink.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

The most important video that Team Four Star has or ever will make:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-Vz9eXRllU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Dawgstar posted:

The most important video that Team Four Star has or ever will make:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-Vz9eXRllU

Much like their non-DBZA/Hellsing content, it's a lot of rear end. :v:

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Violet_Sky posted:

Plot twist: They find the song extremely relatable

Edit: The clown lady talks about the fall of Common White Girl

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8j3XgBznio

I'm fine with her makeup but I'm not fine with her being 6 inches from the camera. Please take a step back.

I never owned an xbox but wanted this so bad because I was a huge Orson Scott Card fan as a teen.

Garrand fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Apr 23, 2021

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Garrand posted:

I never owned an xbox but wanted this so bad because I was a huge Orson Scott Card fan as a teen.

I made the Drake of the 99 Dragons comparison in my head like a minute before he did in the video

what a video game

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

I always get Advent Rising and Project Snowblind mixed up for a second, but then I remember Project Snowblind was trying to do something pretty cool, it was like gonna be Deus Ex 3 at some point in development.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

i remember seeing that trailer in revenge of the sith too. also destroy all humans trailer too.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Alaois posted:

I made the Drake of the 99 Dragons comparison in my head like a minute before he did in the video

what a video game

it's the first game I think about when I see a twin stick third person shooter, easily the worst xbox game ever released.

what's crazy to me, is that Drake of the 99 Dragons was coincidentally released the same year as Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Didn’t Silvagunner just upload video game OSTs until Nintendo just ripped into their account with claims (especially bad since they rarely offer their OSTs for purchase)? And that basically broke them and they started making what are basically video game music shitposts?

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

Someone is getting this as an avatar. I don't know who, but it's gonna happen.

Pants Donkey posted:

Didn’t Silvagunner just upload video game OSTs until Nintendo just ripped into their account with claims (especially bad since they rarely offer their OSTs for purchase)? And that basically broke them and they started making what are basically video game music shitposts?

Silvagunner and SiIvagunner are not the same channel.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Siivagunner (two Is) was originally a musical prank channel disguised as Silvagunner (one I) where the actual music would go on for a while before the funny bits happened. Nowadays they just do whatever to the songs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Well hey, I speak English (allegedly) and I would still dance to Pumped Up Kicks.