Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will/did you start SaGa Frontier Remastered with?
Riki
Blue
Red
T260g
Emilia
Asellus
Lute
Fuse
View Results

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Snake Maze posted:

No, they already did update a bunch of tables to use the new names, is what I’m saying

Here’s the spark charts
Here’s the mystic absorb stats
Here’s the monster absorb stats

All using the remaster names

this is good, but I've gotten accustomed to using the guide on this crustyass Tripod site because it has a list of skills per skill that can spark it, plus individual ratings per skill of its unmodified difficulty rating, if that makes sense

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainRat
Apr 18, 2003

It seems the secret to your success is a combination of boundless energy and enthusiastic insolence...

W.T. Fits posted:

Question about Asellus - does she need to have all three of her Mystic Gear skills equipped to benefit from the stat boosts when she transforms, or can I just equip one of them so that I can fill the rest of her skill list with tons of magic and get the mastery bonus?

You only get the boost from the one(s) you have equipped.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
My Fuse is a Gun-Wizard. Awaken + Bounding Shot.

Katamari Democracy posted:

Uploading T260G aka ThonG's final boss fight. Without the speedup its a whopping 11 minute 30 second video.

NO FUTURE!

Nice.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

grieving for Gandalf posted:

this is good, but I've gotten accustomed to using the guide on this crustyass Tripod site because it has a list of skills per skill that can spark it, plus individual ratings per skill of its unmodified difficulty rating, if that makes sense

I've also been using that tripod site for the mystic absorb list, which is much easier on my eyes than the Essence translation chart's. Using a tripod site in 2021, who'd have thought?

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

I remember getting Saga Frontier on PS1 with a strategy guide and it didn't share any of this loving information.

I still somehow beat all 7 characters, mostly on the back of DSC (including for the stupid combo fight).

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhCEfNODbjw

MULTI-SLASH MULTI-SLASH MULTI-SLASH MULTI-SLASH

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.

Harrow posted:

I dunno if this box art is based on any existing art that was already out there or if it's new but I love it

Cotton over there on the side sipping a drink while Silence and Ren try very hard to look cool

Yeah, that was that IRPO group shot I mentioned a while back (and didn't manage to find again, so good the games industry did it for me).

e: whoops, too slow

Leraika fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Apr 23, 2021

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Okay Gen learned Shadow Reversal and Blizzard, those are katana techniques I think? He also learned Clear Water. Not sure what else I should use to get Tres Flores or Spray of Life.

Fei-on has Slide, Suplex & Collapse but not Giant Swing. What move should I use to give him the best chance of learning it?

Alard
Sep 4, 2011

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Okay Gen learned Shadow Reversal and Blizzard, those are katana techniques I think? He also learned Clear Water. Not sure what else I should use to get Tres Flores or Spray of Life.

Fei-on has Slide, Suplex & Collapse but not Giant Swing. What move should I use to give him the best chance of learning it?

Shadow Reversal has the best chance for learning Spray of Life, and Blizzard has the best chance of learning Tres Flores.

Fei-on doesn't have the talent for Giant Swing, so you should be good to just use whichever you want out of Tumble, Suplex, or LocomotionG.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhCEfNODbjw

MULTI-SLASH MULTI-SLASH MULTI-SLASH MULTI-SLASH

iirc if the localizers had done the combo names correctly it would be MULTI-MULTI-MULTI-SLASH :negative:

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Alard posted:

Shadow Reversal has the best chance for learning Spray of Life, and Blizzard has the best chance of learning Tres Flores.

Fei-on doesn't have the talent for Giant Swing, so you should be good to just use whichever you want out of Tumble, Suplex, or LocomotionG.

He also learned Surging Lunar Blade and No Rhythm. The new names of the moves are elaborate lol I’ll try those ones out.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

I've not managed to get Spray of Life on Gen or Rosario Impale on Asellus. :(

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret

MonsieurChoc posted:

Both of them take awhile to learn it. I was also pretty stupid at one point grinding fast for a few hours until I discovered all of my slots were full from skills. So don't forget that.

They do learn them. So hang in there.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Both of them take awhile to learn it. I was also pretty stupid at one point grinding fast for a few hours until I discovered all of my slots were full from skills. So don't forget that.

They do learn them. So hang in there.

I jsut found out you can unequip the Mystic tech on Asellus so that helps.

Gonna save right before the boss rush to get all three endings and then use the full mystic one for the NG+ chain.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I just got Spray of Life and Tres Flores on Gen :toot: still working on Giant Swing on Fei-on, seems like an uphill battle but I’ll manage.

Ace Transmuter
May 19, 2017

I like video games
Has anyone figured out if there's any kind of soft reset in this game?

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Ace Transmuter posted:

On switch it's LR+-

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Yeah, and it was in the original too. L1 R1 start

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Tallgeese posted:

She has 0 gun talent.

Seriously.

She still learns gun skills really fast. It's always been weird just how fast characters pick up gun skills. You can have guns akimbo, quick shot, and cross shot on someone even early on in the game and with a decent pair of guns they'll hit a lot harder than sword users who will have sparked double slash and *maybe* smash or heaven and hell if you got super lucky or you fought stuff in the swamp or biolab since they are higher rank than normal.

Hell, while skilling Asellus I had her take a single shot each fight (with a dullahan) and I think she had everything except guns akimbo before she learned triple thrust and iirc Asellus is also a 0 or 1 for learning guns techs. Oddly enough I think Blue and Rouge might be the ones with the highest base learn for gun skills and since int also affects your chance to learn gun techs (I think it might affect martial arts and sword techs too) they're going to pick up gun skills really fast later on if you want to have them go that route.

Vandar posted:

Doll is so fuckin' cool.

Silence looks like they want to be just about anywhere else. He probably went to Luminous right after this picture.

W.T. Fits posted:

Oh, also, I finally managed to finish the Arcane quest, which is something I think I've ever finished before in this game, so that's a thing! :toot:

... Now I need to figure out what would be the best way to prepare for the end of Emilia's scenario (still need to do the second Trinity base mission and then her final mission).

Question about Asellus - does she need to have all three of her Mystic Gear skills equipped to benefit from the stat boosts when she transforms, or can I just equip one of them so that I can fill the rest of her skill list with tons of magic and get the mastery bonus?

IIRC she only benefits from the ones she has equipped. You can test it pretty easily by equipping one with the least amount of +strength, transform and punch an enemy some, then equip all 3 and do it again. If you have stuff like Suzaku absorbed the damage difference will be very noticeable.

lets hang out posted:

iirc if the localizers had done the combo names correctly it would be MULTI-MULTI-MULTI-SLASH :negative:

MULTI-MULTI-MULTI-MULTI-SPRINKLER because Gen got in on the action too :eng101:

SaGa Re:Universe does the shortened names still and it's so good. Though in both versions you can still get the tried and true Smash Smash Smash Smash Smash. :black101:

MonsieurChoc posted:

Fight stuff like Dullahans in the biolab, you'll get life sprinkler pretty fast on Gen if you're using shadow reversal.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Chimera enemies have the highest glimmer rate of any random encounter and you can find them in the Bio Research Lab. That's how I got Spray of Life on Lute and Captain Hamilton in quick succession last playthrough.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Does anybody have a chart with all the characters and which weapons they have affinity for?

Ace Transmuter
May 19, 2017

I like video games

MonsieurChoc posted:

On switch it's LR+-

Thanks, figured it out eventually, just feels awkward as hell on the switch light

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

ChrisBTY posted:

Does anybody have a chart with all the characters and which weapons they have affinity for?

https://essenceofsaga.wordpress.com/home/book-index/sparking-system/#Talent

List of all the humans and which techs they have talent for.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Would monsters be worth a poo poo if they could freely stock and equip techniques?

Kagon
Jan 25, 2005

Inspector Gesicht posted:

Would monsters be worth a poo poo if they could freely stock and equip techniques?

I think something like this would help, but I feel the major issue behind monsters is their inability to approach the damage that any of the other characters can do. Even with some of the higher damage moves and in forms like Dullahan, they’re easily going to be out damaged by characters with attacks like spray of life. I think monsters shine in a few areas (swift heals with magic heal and doing final bosses early with an underdeveloped party since you can beeline a few end game forms), but they don’t really have the utility, damage, or flexibility of the others.

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

Ace Transmuter posted:

You got the answer for Switch but in case there's anyone dumb like me on PC: You can set a keybind for soft reset in the config menu. I put it on M which is away from the rest my keybinds when I'm playing on keyboard.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

W.T. Fits posted:

Oh, also, I finally managed to finish the Arcane quest, which is something I think I've ever finished before in this game, so that's a thing! :toot:

... Now I need to figure out what would be the best way to prepare for the end of Emilia's scenario (still need to do the second Trinity base mission and then her final mission).

Congrats! I'm still at 1/4 cards. I just managed to climb out of my poverty-hole and paid of the weirdos who give you the easiest of the four if you just give them gold.

I now feel save again to make another attempt at the IRPO-card (after buying a ton of very specific protection gear, of course), followed by the swamp card. Oh, but first I'll go visit spooky ghosts! Nothing can go wrong here, right Asellus?

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Is there any way to delete a quick save? I randomly made one at the start of Red's scenario and I rarely use the feature so every time I accidentally select Quick Start I get thrown into the Cygnus :v:

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Harrow posted:

Is there any way to delete a quick save? I randomly made one at the start of Red's scenario and I rarely use the feature so every time I accidentally select Quick Start I get thrown into the Cygnus :v:

You should use quick save regularly tbh.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Harrow posted:

try quick saving!

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I pretty much only use Quick Saves, with regular saves before big bosses or whatever. It’s a great feature.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

I pretty much only use Quick Saves, with regular saves before big bosses or whatever. It’s a great feature.

I would make some redundant saves in case you accidentally do something you didn't mean to, like how I (Red's story) accidentally boarded the Cygnus at what appears to be the point of no return, but had a save to go back to, even if it was from just before I'd sparked Red's last DSC part

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Evil Fluffy posted:

You should use quick save regularly tbh.

grieving for Gandalf posted:

try quick saving!

Auto-saving is so generous I rarely need to :v:

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

What are the cut-off points for the magic gifts?

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

What are the cut-off points for the magic gifts?

You can do them once, otherwise the only other cutoff is each story’s point of no return, I think. Might be different for Riki since his story is very linear, I haven’t done it yet.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Yeah, you can do a magic gift questline at any time up to your character's story's point of no return. You can only do each once so if you recruit someone after you've gotten a gift, you can't get them that gift by doing the quest again.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

So just hire as many humans and mystics before undergoing any trials or picking up any cards/runes.

What stuff isn't tied to any main quest and is strictly optional?

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

So just hire as many humans and mystics before undergoing any trials or picking up any cards/runes.

What stuff isn't tied to any main quest and is strictly optional?

Stuff that isn't tied to anyone's main quest? I actually can't think of anything that isn't part of anyone's main quest. The magic quests are a big part of Blue's, and even the Bio Research Lab has main quest stuff for Asellus now (though it's technically optional still).

There are a lot of places that are optional for most protagonists but part of the main quest for others, but I'm struggling to think of any dungeon/area that nobody has a main quest related to.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Abyss Bat, Earth Dragon, and Gen's special sword are the things I immediately know of that have no connection to main quests.

As for areas, I can't think of any.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

En Garde Motherfuckers
Apr 29, 2009

Hey. Is it just me, or do my balls itch?
Furdo's workshop is still optional for everyone, though Asellus has restored content there. That's kind of it- pretty much everything gets used for somebody at some point.

The mimic chests in Mu's Tomb aren't critical to anyone, I guess?