Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Was it worth playing ranked? :thunk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

2Jets
Apr 25, 2010

You're gonna get no tip

Katamari Democracy posted:

I have talked with a few people, and mainly the deal is the 130mm on a tier 9 at that level isnt really as good as say. The premium tanks I am used to. I may be making a mountain out of a molehill on this subject.

Yeah you cant compair them to a premium tank. But compared to other tech tree tanks they're decent. They cant tank like the T28 or T95. The version 4 is harder for me to play than the T110E3 but the armor works really well. You have to protect your lower plate or you'll get destroyed against anyone with a brain. Also HE wrecks the tier 9.

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.

McGavin posted:

Was it worth playing ranked? :thunk:

no

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

As an aside I picked the AE Phase 1 with my 9 Battle Pass tokens so far (I had the Char Futur 4 from last year's Expedition) and it's a very very good and fun tank. Would recommend.

2Jets
Apr 25, 2010

You're gonna get no tip
The Char Futur looks fun. I'm tempted to purchase the premium battle pass to get it or get it faster.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

The Char Futur is fun. The intra-clip reload and the clip reload timers are a bummer, but it's fast, has a low profile, good gun handling and good alpha, pen and velocity.

It's not the easiest tank to play, but if you figure it out you can do nutso things. The expectation values for the thing are very very high.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
I do love the Char, but holy poo poo I cannot win in it lol. The gun is very good and the platform is great as well.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I think Sergei needs a new dacha or something, because they've been selling all the Forbidden Vehicles on the EU servers recently.

Right now they're selling the ELC Even 90, which is easily the most annoying tier 8 light tank. INSANE camo values and teeny weeny size means you can just literally sit in a bush right next to your enemies and never get spotted. Also crew compatible with French lights, but not wheeled lights.

They're ALSO selling the LT-432 which might be the best overall T8 light tank. Good camo, good gun handling, insanely low profile (the armour is essentially horizontal), everything you'd want from a light tank. Not crew compatible with Russian lights, though?

And to wrap up the trio, they're also selling the Lorraine 40t, which is still a very good auto-loader medium. Good gun handling, speedy, fun tank to play. Armour isn't great but honestly it feels more like what the Bat Chats should be like.

Again, I'm not telling anyone to spend money on this god-forsaken game, but if you want to do so, at least you can get good tanks for your money.

Now sell me the god drat Object 274a!

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
NA server has been dead since last night, expected to go back up Saturday 2am PST lol

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Yeah yeah yeah. How about some Scotch whiskey? You got any of that around here, or just a bunch of nonsense words?

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

I think Sergei needs a new dacha or something, because they've been selling all the Forbidden Vehicles on the EU servers recently.

Right now they're selling the ELC Even 90, which is easily the most annoying tier 8 light tank. INSANE camo values and teeny weeny size means you can just literally sit in a bush right next to your enemies and never get spotted. Also crew compatible with French lights, but not wheeled lights.

They're ALSO selling the LT-432 which might be the best overall T8 light tank. Good camo, good gun handling, insanely low profile (the armour is essentially horizontal), everything you'd want from a light tank. Not crew compatible with Russian lights, though?

And to wrap up the trio, they're also selling the Lorraine 40t, which is still a very good auto-loader medium. Good gun handling, speedy, fun tank to play. Armour isn't great but honestly it feels more like what the Bat Chats should be like.

Again, I'm not telling anyone to spend money on this god-forsaken game, but if you want to do so, at least you can get good tanks for your money.

Now sell me the god drat Object 274a!

EVEN 90 is tech tree gold now, no getting away from it.

432 crew matches the tier X. None of the others in the light line. Gave me the excuse to not have to train a new crew when I kept the t-54 lightweight.

I bet we see the 274a around June give or take a week or two.

Gorman Thomas posted:

NA server has been dead since last night, expected to go back up Saturday 2am PST lol

We're free for another night !

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost

Gorman Thomas posted:

Oh man, how will I get the 120 levels of battlepass I was planning on completing today and tomorrow?! I sure hope wargaming compensates me fairly with at least 60 free levels of battlepass to make up for it.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIbambVsaIg

Why

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

It's for those on the weeb end of the grognard/weeb spectrum.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

You know why.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

dont tank shame

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
I feel like I am gonna be put on a list. I tried watching that anime but I just could not get into it.

Sorry.

2Jets
Apr 25, 2010

You're gonna get no tip

BadLlama posted:

dont tank shame

The tanks are cool. The High Schooler crew isn't

Crazyeyes24
Sep 14, 2014

Your good vision is your fatal weakness!
I demand a Mammoth tank if we are getting the anime tanks.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Crazyeyes24 posted:

I demand a Mammoth tank if we are getting the anime tanks.

Foxtrot_13
Oct 31, 2013
Ask me about my love of genocide denial!
I now have enough bonds to buy another tier 8 tank.

Currently I am thinking the Patriot is a better choice than the STG and I already have the AMX M4. Is the IS5 worth looking at or should I hold on and get one of the teir 10s?

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

My opinion is that the IS5 sucks rear end. None of the tier 10s (outside of the CW shop, which you likely don't have access to) are really very good. If you have a favorite tank, you might have more fun buying bond equipment to make that tank better.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

There are a few bond tanks on the drawing board to get some buffs too, may be worth it to just sit tight and see how that plays out.

The Patriot is really good already though.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004

Foxtrot_13 posted:

I now have enough bonds to buy another tier 8 tank.

Currently I am thinking the Patriot is a better choice than the STG and I already have the AMX M4. Is the IS5 worth looking at or should I hold on and get one of the teir 10s?

I chose the Patriot from my second referral and it just stinks. Don't let people who played it 4 years ago tell you otherwise. If you get a hankerin' for this playstyle use a T29 or T30 instead.
Small caliber APCR behaves incredibly poorly against anything angled, and it's low velocity to boot so there is not a single upside. Not to forget the general sluggishness, the gun's poor base accuracy and gun handling will make you tear your hair out.
The hull is cheese like any Pershing that doesn't have extra plates literally bolted on like the Suka has. The turret does not make up for the myriad other shortcomings.
I'll trade it in for a HWK 30 or as a down payment on the China TD first chance.

I have an STG Guard, too. It's playable since the engine and soft stats were buffed.
Decent mobility, no armor, great camo, 122mm AP go boom with decent pen and accuracy. I was angry at first for wasting bonds on it, but after 200+ rounds I got a bit better with it's rather unique setup :unsmith:
Of course I'd much rather have a 274a, a LIS or something fresher, but it gets the job done and trains Soviet med crews fitting the 430, 430U and 140 perfectly.

Please spend your bonds on an equipment package, rammer+vents for 9000 and put them in your fav tank. You will enjoy it so much more.

sauer kraut fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Apr 25, 2021

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
The reason why people say the Patriot is good is because it is good at what is does for a premium tank: Making credits.

The ammo is cheap, its fast firing, and if played correctly over a hill at mid range it can hold enemy pushes provided you have backup. The patriot is incredibly decent. Speed, accuracy, armor, pen, etc. Meaning it does not have many weaknesses.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
Yeah when the pro argument is that ammo is cheap and you have to wait for idiots to cross in front of you while sitting hulldown, you know it's a winner tank.
Oh well, some seem to like it. But there is more to a premium than making credits, you spend a lot of time in it and you shouldn't dread playing it.
If you love the idea of a slightly better 90mm T32, by all means.

sauer kraut fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Apr 25, 2021

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret

sauer kraut posted:

Yeah when the pro argument is that ammo is cheap and you have to wait for idiots to cross in front of you while sitting hulldown, you know it's a winner tank.
Oh well, some seem to like it. But there is more to a premium than making credits, you spend a lot of time in it and you shouldn't dread playing it.
If you love the idea of a slightly better 90mm T32, by all means.

What are you getting at here? The Patriot is just fine for what its worth and while yeah there are better tanks out there; buying this in the bond shop is kind of a no brainer if you want to spend the bonds on it.

If you hate the Patriot then you will hate some of the other options the bond shop has to offer. Minus the Guard. That one takes a bit of experience to get it but it can perform well.

Also im not pro.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYyu-iAxhXU
https://i.imgur.com/SZqnLIE.mp4

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Humanities ability to find new ways to kill each other is truly horrifying.

Imagine if they put this much effort into, oh I don't know, literally anything else?

Fantastic video btw.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Mesadoram posted:

Imagine if they put this much effort into, oh I don't know, literally anything else?

Fantastic video btw.

Had someone say how it just made a hole, not really understanding what's going on but decided that a good place to start was to point out how that penetrator round is well over a foot long.

I'm poo poo at math but there is an incredible amount of energy exploding out into the cramped space inside that tank where you and three other people are essentially shrapnel catching meat bags.

e;
Also yes, the money spent on developing and producing armor penetrating rounds could have fed and housed millions of people for years.

e2;

quote:

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone.
-some dork

MariusLecter fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Apr 25, 2021

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret

Mesadoram posted:

Fantastic video btw.

My grandfather was one of the engineers who helped developed the ToW (Tube Launched, Optically Guided, Wire-guided missile) Missile after he retired from WWII. And that poo poo alone is scary enough even to this day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1VWPOpYbQI

I have a picture of him standing next to the first prototype, even a picture of him getting a bonus check from the US Army around 1968 for about 400 dollars for him helping develop it. I believe it was used a lot during Contra wars and is still used to this day.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I bought the Bat-Chat 25t AP because it's on discount now, and it's... OK. The stock gun was godawful, but the first gun upgrade already feels a lot better. And since it's lighter than the stock gun, you can just mount it in the stock turret which is nice.

I've also got the Skoda T50, and I honestly can't say which I like better. The Bat-Chat 25t is nice and small and has almost light tank levels of vision and concealment (while stationary, of course) which is awesome, but the long-rear end reload for the clip isn't. The Skoda is painfully large, but has decent gun handling and can unload that three clip magazine ridiculously fast.

To be perfectly honest, I think the AMX light tank line is a better iteration of the French auto-loading medium line. Less alpha, but light tank concealment all the time.

Apparently the Progetto line is going to be top of the tree next month, so I guess I'll pick up the P43 Ter and start grinding those auto-reloaders too.

It's me, I've got auto-loader syndrome and I have it bad.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

I bought the Bat-Chat 25t AP because it's on discount now, and it's... OK. The stock gun was godawful, but the first gun upgrade already feels a lot better. And since it's lighter than the stock gun, you can just mount it in the stock turret which is nice.

I've also got the Skoda T50, and I honestly can't say which I like better. The Bat-Chat 25t is nice and small and has almost light tank levels of vision and concealment (while stationary, of course) which is awesome, but the long-rear end reload for the clip isn't. The Skoda is painfully large, but has decent gun handling and can unload that three clip magazine ridiculously fast.

To be perfectly honest, I think the AMX light tank line is a better iteration of the French auto-loading medium line. Less alpha, but light tank concealment all the time.

Apparently the Progetto line is going to be top of the tree next month, so I guess I'll pick up the P43 Ter and start grinding those auto-reloaders too.

It's me, I've got auto-loader syndrome and I have it bad.

Welcome to the auto loader club.

The Batchat might not be as competitive as it once was, but it will always be my favorite tank.

Edit: Also if anyone finds a good model of the Batchat let me know. I am not skilled enough to do a kit so it needs to be already done lol.

Mesadoram fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Apr 26, 2021

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Seconding that. I have a 1:35 AMX 13/90 from Takom, which is rad, but I haven't found any Bat-Chat scale models. As far as I know, they don't exist.

But maybe they will, Japanese company Amusing Hobby have made 1:35 plastic kits from many high tier WoT tanks like the Löwe, the FV215B(183), Jagdpanther II, Jagdpanzer E-100, Waffenträger E-100 etc.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

The Girls ünd Panzer tank is out. Carbon copy of the tech tree Panzer IV(H), so nothing interesting there. But do I want to pay 15 euros for a BIA crew with weird anime voices?

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
Why would I want the tank if I already have the Panzer V/IV. For 15 dollars US it seems like a good deal for collectors. But I am not a fan of the anime and I tried watching it. I just feel uncomfortable with watching anime like that.

But hey if you like the show, like tanks, and want to spend 15 dollars. I would say go for it. But from a "Is this tank good'? perspective I already own the V/IV and comparing stats with it makes it seem a little pale in comparison.

Also I kinda get my skin crawled when I hear anime subbed in the way those girl tankers speak. It feels a little perverted to me.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Yeah I have the Panzer V/IV as well so I have zero use for the tank itself. The only thing I'd get is a BIA crew and while I did like the anime, maybe I don't need a new crew 15€ much.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

I bought the Berlin tanks for the crews, I'll buy this one for the crew as well. Zero skill crews are really valuable.

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

The Girls ünd Panzer tank is out. Carbon copy of the tech tree Panzer IV(H), so nothing interesting there. But do I want to pay 15 euros for a BIA crew with weird anime voices?

If other players can hear the anime voices, then yes for the annoying factor.

2Jets
Apr 25, 2010

You're gonna get no tip
$15 for a zero skill crew is a good deal. Well that depends on what happens to them after crew 2.0. The PZ IV H is a fun tank with the derp but the GuP tank gets the 76mm? Gun. The Tiger W/BiA crew is a better deal and I would wait for that if you dont care about the show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

if the crew included the ability to drop anime girls on tanks you killed with some obnoxious noises as a taunt i'd buy it