Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
lol?
lol
lol!
View Results

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
how is there a phantom post itt?

what got deleted?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

the tax man haunting the forum

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
:iiam:

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
sorry that was me doing forums owner stuff

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
poo poo I love owning these awful forums

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

think of all the imported cookies you could cram into your GTR

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
that sketch about rear end pennies but instead it’s about rear end cookies and how you gain superiority over your rivals by surreptitiously getting them to eat rectum bedazzled cookies

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

think of all the imported cookies you could cram into your GTR

doh, i got crumbs all over my lease!

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

echinopsis posted:

jus thinking how sweet life would be if I was the new owner of something awful website dot com

i can't imagine a bigger pain in the rear end wtf

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

i refuse to stop posting on my website somethingawful.com

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Midjack posted:

i refuse to stop posting on my website somethingawful.com

you will be hearing from my loyer.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple on pizzadog derangement syndrome

PIZZA.BAT posted:

i can't imagine a bigger pain in the rear end wtf

yeah it must be such hard work, wow, yeah i can't imagine

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

I bet there's no way somebody could have that job and be a complete failson with no skills whatsoever

signed,

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

President Beep posted:

you will be hearing from my loyer.

leonardo krebs

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

lorna doone j karbs, on container for legal delights

SpaceAceJase
Nov 8, 2008

and you
have proved
to be...

a real shitty poster,
and a real james
Has Jeffrey located Richards deadmanswitch.php yet?

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

yeah they changed the copyright code

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
a legitimately impressive feat

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

he's getting perma'd in 5 more days, whoever spent the most in the forums store between october 20 and november 20 gets the honor.

who won then

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

seraph if forum accounts are included in the total

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Sweevo posted:

seraph if forum accounts are included in the total

he didn’t really get started until the last few days, someone on an avatar tear could exceed that.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

astral posted:

there had not been a database replica server running for several years. Further, if the site had a backup process in place before, it must have lived on that missing replica; there did not seem to be anything configured. You read that correctly—for many years, these forums were one malformed shell command, bad SQL query, or hardware failure away from vanishing in a puff of magic smoke.

lowtax's legacy: rawdogging it for years

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

account purchases were supposed to be tied to email addresses and the forum was designed to prevent multiple accounts being registered to the same email. except it didn't work and was never caught, so the entire forum culture around re-regs and alt accounts was down to a radium bug than went unnoticed for nearly two decades.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

did lowtax ever get perma’d?

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

im a fucking monster

President Beep posted:

did lowtax ever get perma’d?

yeah about a month ago

for some silly reason jeff decided to do it in a really dumb long-winded way, but at least he actually did it eventually

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Why does it matter

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
why does anything matter, man <hits bong>

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Jonny 290 posted:

No, it literally doesn't matter. Lowtax got his paycheck, and he won't come back and post. Whether he's banned or not is completely immaterial to anything.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
sometimes it just feels good to block a lovely ex's number even though you know they're probably not going to call

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Jonny 290 posted:

far out, man...

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Fame Douglas posted:

No, it literally doesn't matter. Lowtax got his paycheck, and he won't come back and post. Whether he's banned or not is completely immaterial to anything.

good point. now back to the things on forums.somethingawful.com that do matter.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Fame Douglas posted:

even more, in the long run we’re all dead. makes you think

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

President Beep posted:

good point. now back to the things on forums.somethingawful.com that do matter.

as long as obsessed weirdos post conspiracy theories in QCS the soul of the forums will never die

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

fame! (douglas) they’re gonna live forever!

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

qirex posted:

as long as obsessed weirdos post conspiracy theories in QCS the soul of the forums will never die

i once saw smoka in qcs asking the admins to ban star trek chat in yospos

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

fart simpson posted:

hosed up

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.
What's the status of the conspiracy theory that Jeffrey of yospos is actually a lowtax Alt

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Sagebrush posted:

What's the status of the conspiracy theory that Jeffrey of yospos is actually a lowtax Alt

stop now. this is your only warning.

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

fart simpson posted:

this trial never ends

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Truman Peyote posted:

this trial never ends

woah it’s like when q put the enterprise crew on trial for ALL of the crimes of humanity.