Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Stealth Tiger posted:

Kevin Nash got creative control written into his contract, and used it to:
-Make Michael Buffer sound like he was announcing the entrance of a King when he came out
-Book himself in a retirement match, in which he would lose, so that he wouldn't have to wrestle and could just rake in his guaranteed contract money

he was head booker at one point, had it taken away, but not before booking himself on commentary where he made shoot comments all night

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfjzvxgtLrs

what a legend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

best bale
Jul 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Reality Protester posted:

he was head booker at one point, had it taken away, but not before booking himself on commentary where he made shoot comments all night

what a legend

Never knew any of this and now I think I love him

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 20 days!
Nash is probably the smartest wrestler ever when it comes to the business and actually getting stuff he wanted done. He had five moves and made them super effective at telling a story in the ring. I'm glad he's a good person, too, because I can see it definitely going the other way, given that his ENTIRE M.O. has been "gently caress you dummies, I'm getting paid. " Too bad about being part of the clique, though.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Reality Protester posted:

what a legend

Poor Mike Tenay lol

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Grem posted:

Nash is probably the smartest wrestler ever when it comes to the business and actually getting stuff he wanted done. He had five moves and made them super effective at telling a story in the ring. I'm glad he's a good person, too, because I can see it definitely going the other way, given that his ENTIRE M.O. has been "gently caress you dummies, I'm getting paid. " Too bad about being part of the clique, though.

Most of the clique ended up turning their poo poo around. HHH is the only one who's still a total scumbag. Even Hall finally got clean and started getting treatment for his undiagnosed PTSD from having to kill a dude in self defense when he was young.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
I don't see what was so bad about the Clique. They were friends who figured out how to make money together. How is that different from what Flair did with the Horsemen down south?

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Animal-Mother posted:

I don't see what was so bad about the Clique. They were friends who figured out how to make money together. How is that different from what Flair did with the Horsemen down south?

They were really fuckin awful to their coworkers. Like legendarily so. Like Shawn Michaels accusing Brett Hart of cheating on his wife on national TV levels of being really lovely to everyone they weren't friends with.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Shawn also essentially killed Vader's run in the WWF. It's not as lovely as other things Shawn has done to others but considering Vader's reputation before joining the WWF it's worth noting.

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

If X-Pac didn't like you he would poo poo in your gymbag.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

When I was a kid I really enjoyed The Rockers; they were way more acrobatic than most others at the time, and much like them, I also enjoyed rocking and rolling, strutting and strolling. Shawn Michaels being a huge piece of poo poo on top of his heel turn was pretty devastating when I was like 10.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

mallratcal posted:

If X-Pac didn't like you he would poo poo in your gymbag.

This is just a really funny dude joke. Just guys being dudes.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Also Shawn Michaels (second) heel turn was the first time in my life I looked at a piece of media and went "You know what? I'm gonna go for the villain here." I was also like 10.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

lol from the kayfabe wikipedia article: "There were a few occasional hiccups at the time, such as an incident in 1987 in which police arrested The Iron Sheik and Hacksaw Jim Duggan, supposed rivals in an upcoming match at Madison Square Garden, as they sat together in a car drinking and using cocaine."

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

lol from the kayfabe wikipedia article: "There were a few occasional hiccups at the time, such as an incident in 1987 in which police arrested The Iron Sheik and Hacksaw Jim Duggan, supposed rivals in an upcoming match at Madison Square Garden, as they sat together in a car drinking and using cocaine."

If you've never done coke with a guy you hate you haven't lived. Kayfabe still alive.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
Bad news. :smith:

https://twitter.com/EBischoff/status/1385658263341961217

Animal-Mother posted:

The puke-on-command guy got paralyzed in a wrestling match. :(

I had a huge crush on Droz when I was in middle school and I was so sad when this happened. I felt really bad for D-Lo too.

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!

Vince MechMahon posted:

They were really fuckin awful to their coworkers. Like legendarily so. Like Shawn Michaels accusing Brett Hart of cheating on his wife on national TV levels of being really lovely to everyone they weren't friends with.

Shawn Michaels was also a massive pill-head who got away with murder because Vince McMahon liked him for weird reasons and let him get on TV while still clearly on something. I mean, he's gotten clean and admits he had a problem but WWE really white-washes how bad he was. They make it sound like Bret Hart didn't like him (oh, and he "had demons") when even creative members hating telling him to do things.

Justin Godscock fucked around with this message at 07:22 on Apr 24, 2021

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

i never trust it when a wrestler finds religion or does anything at all really

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 20 days!
Sting found religion, but that was 100% to save his marriage after he got caught jumping on every piece of strange that approached him on the road.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
It sounds like the problems with The Clique were 99% problems with Shawn Michaels.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

You know I've been watching AEW for a good long while now and it only recently occurred to me that the guys they have on the mic pretty much every week should really wrestle more. Like this whole Inner Circle/Pinnacle thing they're building now; it's all well and good to give promos and brawl backstage and all but I've seen MJF actually in the ring... once? Jericho twice? Jake Hager or Wardlow never I'm pretty sure. I don't know if I'm supposed to look forward to the Blood & Guts match cause I have no idea what half of these guys can do in the ring, it's all promos and brawls so far.

MJF should be squashing fools on Dark every drat week. So should Jericho. Santana and Ortiz and FTR should all be having regular (separate) tag matches. Jake and Sammy should lose matches against third parties because Wardlow and Spears interfere. That sort of thing. Keep painting them as badasses and keep having them get in each other's way and keep them from actually going off on each other until the big match.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

also this should be a Survivor Series style match, I always loved those

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Jericho does promos every week because he's over 50 and his tank is running at about 3% so he's gotta save himself for the matches that matter

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

You don't want to watch Jake Hager "wrestle" anyway, it's awful. But yeah, maybe MJF should wrestling a bit more.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

MakaVillian posted:

You don't want to watch Jake Hager "wrestle" anyway, it's awful. But yeah, maybe MJF should wrestling a bit more.

He sticks his hands out forward during his entrance because he should be arrested for making us watch him

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

My Lovely Horse posted:

Jake Hager or Wardlow never I'm pretty sure.

Please let me rectify that with a hoss-off:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IaNPBYn72W0

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
A new season of Dark Side of the Ring starts in a few weeks with a two parter on Brian Pillman.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

It hits me that the Ultimate Warrior will soon have four documentaries to his name.

- The Self-Destruction of the Ultimate Warrior, which is a WWE hatchet job and is so great.

- The documentary that WWE released shortly after he died, where they did a complete 180.

- The upcoming A&E bio that will still have a positive bend to it because of WWE's involvement.

- Dark Side of the Ring, which might dump on him even worse than Self-Destruction.

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
Hopefully Brian Pillman Jr has some screentime so he can bury the gently caress out of his mom

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Justin Godscock posted:

Shawn Michaels was also a massive pill-head who got away with murder because Vince McMahon liked him for weird reasons and let him get on TV while still clearly on something. I mean, he's gotten clean and admits he had a problem but WWE really white-washes how bad he was. They make it sound like Bret Hart didn't like him (oh, and he "had demons") when even creative members hating telling him to do things.

you should be careful with the phrase "got away with murder" when talking about wrestlers because for some of them it is way more literal than Shawn

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Kunabomber posted:

Hopefully Brian Pillman Jr has some screentime so he can bury the gently caress out of his mom
what did his mom do

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
Used all that money that was raised by WWE for drugs and new truck for her boyfriend, Pillman Jr actually had to go to his aunt's house etc, dude did not have a good childhood.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Kunabomber posted:

Used all that money that was raised by WWE for drugs and new truck for her boyfriend, Pillman Jr actually had to go to his aunt's house etc, dude did not have a good childhood.

Yeah he's spoke about it and her before and she doesn't seem great.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Every day I see there are new replies to the thread and every day I hope that means there is a Raw recap and every day my little heart is broken. :(

Eclipse12
Feb 20, 2008

Peacock recently added the missing Raw seasons, so I can probably pick it up again. That KotR Report took a lot out of me so I took a little break.

It's still a lot more of a pain in the rear end to get the screenshots off Peacock, though. It adds a lot of time to the process and the pictures don't come out as clearly.

I really need a way to take screenshots using my phone. I know it seems crazy but it really is faster than using my laptop/PC for the images.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

Eclipse12 posted:

Peacock recently added the missing Raw seasons, so I can probably pick it up again. That KotR Report took a lot out of me so I took a little break.

It's still a lot more of a pain in the rear end to get the screenshots off Peacock, though. It adds a lot of time to the process and the pictures don't come out as clearly.

I really need a way to take screenshots using my phone. I know it seems crazy but it really is faster than using my laptop/PC for the images.

What if the screenshots were MS Paint?

Bonzo fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Apr 29, 2021

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Eclipse12 posted:

Good news on the Peacock front. Unfortunately I can't help with the screenshot stuff but just know your reports are highly appreciated!

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug

Eclipse12 posted:

Have you tried using a program called greenshot? You can set it to save on a default folder real quick, and it can capture regions

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Kunabomber posted:

Have you tried using a program called greenshot? You can set it to save on a default folder real quick, and it can capture regions

Yeah greenshot kicks rear end

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
https://twitter.com/tde_gif/status/1387564648208244740

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I can't stand Matt Jackson but that was hilarious