Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sassafras
Dec 24, 2004

by Athanatos

Another Bill posted:

None of this is true

Oh okay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Another Bill posted:

Legit starting to wonder if Sassafras is a Russian disinformation agent

No, that would be me.

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

...you forget so easily...
the vaccine availability is like solving a loving math riddle

People over 30 can safely get astra-zeneca but the minimum age is still 40 for some reason. I am 31, but I live in Ontario and Doug Ford is an idiot. How many months will it be before I can get vaccinated? Show your work

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

the danger of AZ turned out to be less than the danger of taking birth control and equal to the danger of taking Moderna or Pfizer, whole thing was loving bullshit man

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Juul-Whip posted:

the “danger” of AZ turned out to be less than the danger of taking birth control and equal to the danger of taking Moderna or Pfizer, whole thing was loving bullshit man

This overarching theme of the whole pandemic seems to be terrible mismanagement of official messaging and public health communication. Remember last year when they were telling people not to wear masks?

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Entropic posted:

This overarching theme of the whole pandemic seems to be terrible mismanagement of official messaging and public health communication. Remember last year when they were telling people not to wear masks?

That's because western governments are fundamentally not interested in stopping the pandemic. It doesn't matter how many people die as long as there's no obvious negative impact on the economy.

Edit: Also for some reason Americans are ideologically against masks.

Edit2: Also they still won't tell people to wear n95 masks because it would cause supply issues, even if you should.

Sassafras
Dec 24, 2004

by Athanatos

Another Bill posted:

Legit starting to wonder if Sassafras is a Russian disinformation agent

I've been more on the side of suspecting that the overall Covid fear campaign that makes it out to be apocalyptic instead of "shucks, a few more old people died this year" is more of a Chinese-initiated thing as we freely grant -- except when convenient not to -- that all levels of Canadian influence are riddled. Obviously we're not the only ones.

- NY Times, April 18, 2021 (refers to this as source)

All the early footage "leaks" of everybody collapsing in the streets "from Covid" that led to articles like this tabloid crap from the "haha, bat soup" era:
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/infected-people-seen-dead-streets-21347952

You can even read the PPE shortages due to everybody buying it up to send to Asia / stockpile for themselves as an offensive "create shortages to increase panic" play instead of a defensive "we need it all" one if you try.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Sassafras has issued a correction as of 22:02 on Apr 23, 2021

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Sassafras posted:

I've been more on the side of suspecting that the overall Covid fear campaign that makes it out to be apocalyptic instead of "shucks, a few more old people died this year" is more of a Chinese-initiated thing as we freely grant -- except when convenient not to -- that all levels of Canadian influence are riddled. Obviously we're not the only ones.

All the early footage "leaks" of everybody collapsing in the streets "from Covid" that led to articles like this tabloid crap from the "haha, bat soup" era:
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/infected-people-seen-dead-streets-21347952

You can even read the PPE shortages as an offensive "create shortages to increase panic" play instead of a defensive "we need it all" one if you try.

i didnt realize i had stumbled in the qanon rambler thread

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

Sassafras posted:

You can even read the PPE shortages due to everybody buying it up to send to Asia / stockpile for themselves as an offensive "create shortages to increase panic" play instead of a defensive "we need it all" one if you try.

Shut the gently caress up

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Ok that is genuine anglo brain worms sinophobia. Definitely not a russian agent.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Sassafras posted:

I've been more on the side of suspecting that the overall Covid fear campaign that makes it out to be apocalyptic instead of "shucks, a few more old people died this year" is more of a Chinese-initiated thing as we freely grant
deadliest year for America since World War I

Juul-Whip has issued a correction as of 22:08 on Apr 23, 2021

Sassafras
Dec 24, 2004

by Athanatos

DariusLikewise posted:

i didnt realize i had stumbled in the qanon rambler thread

I was very much on team "Holy poo poo!" up until it became apparent that it didn't live up to the hype since I had a couple people actually trapped in Wuhan when that all went down. The intervening oh, better part of a year since then has definitely been a bummer as people get more and more in a tizzy as there's less and less reason to.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Sassafras posted:

I was very much on team "Holy poo poo!" up until it became apparent that it didn't live up to the hype since I had a couple people actually trapped in Wuhan when that all went down. The intervening oh, better part of a year since then has definitely been a bummer as people get more and more in a tizzy as there's less and less reason to.

you are very stupid

Sassafras
Dec 24, 2004

by Athanatos
It's like none of you remember that the only reason we "flattened the curve" instead of laughing it off in the first place was because we thought 10-20% of everybody, all ages, were going to die due to ventilator shortages.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Sassafras posted:

https://twitter.com/ashoswai/status/1385323417210134531

https://twitter.com/Hajigul_bangish/status/1385695103726010375

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

Sassafras posted:

It's like none of you remember that the only reason we "flattened the curve" instead of laughing it off in the first place was because we thought 10-20% of everybody, all ages, were going to die due to ventilator shortages.

Get the gently caress off the stage you idiot

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
it's good covid has not and seems unable to kill 20% of us. however we are still deeply hosed, the virus is never going away, and we should have shut down like australia did and eradicated it. I remember seeing ads last summer about how covid restrictions weren't forever, just for now, and now here we are a year later with no end in sight.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

to be fair, australians are going to restaurants and bars and water parks and so are we. who can say who did better.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Sassafras posted:

no, you thought that, because you let yourself get spun by headlines

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

IM STILL SPENDING MONEY FROM 1888
optimistically we have 20 more years of dealing with increasingly severe mutations until most of the human race is eradicated

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Reality Protester posted:

to be fair, australians are going to restaurants and bars and water parks and so are we. who can say who did better.

well, we don't live in australia, so we're definitely ahead there.

RBC posted:

optimistically we have 20 more years of dealing with increasingly severe mutations until most of the human race is eradicated

lol

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

RBC posted:

Hot war in Asia followed by a nuclear exchange can really speed things up though.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
doomer brain: the end of history

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Nah things are perfectly fine now, there's nothing wrong.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

things have always been wrong since before recorded history, you are not special for living in this particular moment, the world and human society will very probably exist in some form or other long after you personally pass.

believe it or not, there have been worse plagues, before the advent of modern medicine even. can you imagine?

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕
I just want to have sex with a stranger where the only real risk is catching HIV, the virus that causes AIDS, is that too much to ask John Horgan you loving piece of poo poo???

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
I mean covid won't wipe out humanity, our own hubris and climate change will. It'll just ride along :dumb:

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

infernal machines posted:

things have always been wrong since before recorded history, you are not special for living in this particular moment, the world and human society will very probably exist in some form or other long after you personally pass.

believe it or not, there have been worse plagues, before the advent of modern medicine even. can you imagine?

corona virus isn't done yet mate

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Rutibex posted:

corona virus isn't done yet mate

yes, surely this virus will be the one to finally do the job nothing in human history has managed.

Colonel Cancer posted:

I mean covid won't wipe out humanity, our own hubris and climate change will. It'll just ride along :dumb:

the hubris is believing that you live in the end times

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

The next mutation will drive the infected specimen to go to bars and restaurants en masse and scorn wearing masks :tinfoil:

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕
I think that after most people get vaccinated coronavirus won't be as big of a deal, personally. And we can go out side and follick in the park, or swimming pool, should we choose :)

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

yes, surely this virus will be the one to finally do the job nothing in human history has managed.

You only live once buddy might as well believe it's important ;)

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

doesnt even reanimate the dead, 2/10 low effort plague

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

the entire universe is just a dream in my head once i die its all going to vanish. i hope you are prepared

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

For all we know it's the Great Filter and has happened to every history and will happen to humans

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

I just want to have sex with a stranger where the only real risk is catching HIV, the virus that causes AIDS, is that too much to ask John Horgan you loving piece of poo poo???

I'll meet you in the park in 15 minutes

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Kazinsal posted:

doesnt even reanimate the dead, 2/10 low effort plague

i know, right?

Rutibex posted:

the entire universe is just a dream in my head once i die its all going to vanish. i hope you are prepared

buddy, i've played pathways into darkness, i know the score

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

xtal posted:

For all we know it's the Great Filter and has happened to every history and will happen to humans

uh huh. again, this particular moment is about as likely as any other.

which is to say, you're dumb

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

Kazinsal posted:

doesn’t even reanimate the dead, 2/10 low effort plague

yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou