Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Clitch posted:

The only thing a Californian is incapable of is shutting the gently caress up about California.

I've found that Texans are far worse about this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Deki posted:

Now as a Texan I....

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

Fatty Crabcakes posted:

Because they're too dumb for New York and too ugly for Los Angeles.

Texas is their homeland.

Non-LA face with an Austin booty?

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

CPColin posted:

♪[Set to 'Baby Got Back]♪

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Deki posted:

With Texans you can just start quoting Spongebob at them, at least.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

CPColin posted:

I was thinking Plano

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Deki posted:

burexas.irom
Oct 29, 2007

I disapprove of what you say, and I will defend your death because you have no right to say it!

Boba Pearl posted:

I keep ducking clicking and nothing is happening. Please God help this is my only rations for the week.

It's the dark mode color of you being quoted. Switch to dark mode now and get your fix

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Getting all cosplayed up just to play dnd would suck. I want to be comfy when i'm dnding. Also it would interfere with cat petting.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
How it currently is:

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

CainFortea posted:

Getting all cosplayed up just to play dnd would suck. I want to be comfy when i'm dnding. Also it would interfere with cat petting.

My group has done it for Halloween but every time? nah, what a pain in the rear end.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

How it currently is:

wheres the shmeppy?

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

RFC2324 posted:

wheres the shmeppy?

That's on another board that the GM can bring up. We were just getting settled in and ready to play

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

That's on another board that the GM can bring up. We were just getting settled in and ready to play

also lol at turning on cameras. buncha gross nerds using the "can't go outside" as excuse to not cosplay as people who groom

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

RFC2324 posted:

also lol at turning on cameras. buncha gross nerds using the "can't go outside" as excuse to not cosplay as people who groom

not everyone is you, friend

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Deki posted:

one of our cousins' friends was bragging about how TX is such a big market, they make Texas-shaped Doritos.

my brother said, "big deal. all the other ones are shaped like South Carolina"

well, that's my story. god bless

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
So is history going to happen tomorrow or what?

https://joshvsjoshvsjosh.com/

mds2
Apr 8, 2004

Australia: 131114
Canada: 18662773553
Germany: 08001810771
India: 8888817666
Japan: 810352869090
Russia: 0078202577577
UK: 08457909090
US: 1-800-273-8255

biracial bear for uncut posted:

This takes place about 5 miles from my house. It’s on the front page of the local paper today and was the lead story on the local news last night.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Gotta say, I like Josh in this one.

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

azurite
Jul 25, 2010

Strange, isn't it?!

biracial bear for uncut posted:

Is this guerilla marketing, or did I fail to peer out from under my rock for long enough?

Edit: I googled it. Basically a bunch of guys named Josh Swain were challenged by another Josh Swain to gather in some spot in Nebraska and joust with pool noodles in order to keep the title of Josh Swain.

azurite has a new favorite as of 21:08 on Apr 23, 2021

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Found this in the wild, turned around to take the picture. I love it when real life is memes.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Y'all need to adjust your expectations, I'm coasting until death and it's great. No ambition, no goals, just existence and consumption. Perfect life.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

RFC2324 posted:

ok

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

https://i.imgur.com/q1sWU6c.gifv

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

There’s an old joke about any non-Texan American going somewhere they will say they’re from the US while an American from Texas will say they’re from Texas.

It’s true.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Most people do come with a chest area of some description, an rear end, and at least one foot. You don't have to pick one or the other.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

oldpainless posted:

There’s an old joke about any non-Texan American going somewhere they will say they’re from the US while an American from Texas will say they’re from Texas.

It’s true.

Incorrect
All states are like this

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

oldpainless posted:

It’s true.

Nice of them to let people know upfront to speak slowly and not use big words.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Jestery posted:

Incorrect
All states are like this

Yep. US folk often just say they're from (state name). Which doesn't make any difference to the rest of us, who don't know where all the states are and don't care.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

There's probably about 10 states that are infamous enough in personality that they're worth mentioning, even if your average non-American doesn't know where they are on the map. Texas is one of those, along with places like New York or Wisconsin.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

rydiafan posted:

There's probably about 10 states that are infamous enough in personality that they're worth mentioning, even if your average non-American doesn't know where they are on the map. Texas is one of those, along with places like New York or Wisconsin.

Wisconsin?

Florida and California surely

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

I wasn't making an exhaustive list, but yes, those two as well.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Hyperlynx posted:

Yep. US folk often just say they're from (state name). Which doesn't make any difference to the rest of us, who don't know where all the states are and don't care.

This, but when Europeans say they're from Sweden or Yugoslavia or Ruritania or whatever.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
When if you ask any non-American to imitate an American accent, they will most likely do a Texan accent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

Byzantine posted:

This, but when Europeans say they're from Sweden or Yugoslavia or Ruritania or whatever.

I don't seem to recall the Byzantine Empire ever owning Sweden.