Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

LifeSunDeath posted:

Lol imagine having enough money to buy/build a house and not just leaving this bullshit country and starting over.

"Enough money to buy/build a house" usually means "enough credit history to borrow enough money to buy/build a house" in the US (and most developed countries I would guess...).

There's not really a good way of borrowing enough cash to gently caress off to another country.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1Sq1Nr58hM

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

oldpainless posted:

If america sucks so bad why are so many illegals sneaking across the border?!

More like This "joke" is lovely and bad and you should feel bad

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
OUR 47TH PRESIDENT AFTER THE ONE WHO SHOWERS WITH HIS DAUGHTER DIES
Grimey Drawer

Kenning posted:

The grim news is that everywhere sucks. Namaste.

Currently working on a visual spectrum of universal poo poo. Will post ITT when done. Unless we've all already figured it out by then.

https://static.boredpanda.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/unflattering-funny-cat-photo-challenge-13-5fa4f8edad8be__700.jpg

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

barkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbark

The Bloop posted:

If this joke sucks so bad why are so many lurkers sneaking across the paywall?!

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

The housing market is hosed basically everywhere.

Gonna be fun when that bubble bursts on top of the Covid recession.

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.

:emptyquote:

Riatsala
Nov 20, 2013

All Princesses are Tyrants

Kenning posted:

We're all doomed souls chasing each other around the same drain.

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

Kenning posted:

If you go somewhere else then its new AND it sucks. Sounds like a good deal

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
Sometimes things suck but in a different way that is less harmful to you personally, or to a somewhat different extent.

what im saying is sucking is like pokemons, and sometimes you have a chance to trade the sucks around until you find the one that is right for you

Waci has a new favorite as of 01:09 on Apr 24, 2021

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

I've moved out of the US and I'm getting paid to get a phd and all I have to deal with as an immigrant is.....people being slightly less racist towards me than back in the US. Wow!

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

oldpainless posted:

It's on the way to Canada

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

oldpainless posted:

America’s poo poo runs downhill.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Xun posted:

I've moved out of the US and I'm getting paid to get a phd and all I have to deal with as an immigrant is.....people being slightly less racist towards me than back in the US. Wow!

Where did you move?

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

Riatsala posted:

We're all doomed souls chasing each other around the same drain.

(very Pink Floyd-ily)
I wish you were here...

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

ruddiger posted:

Americans talking about moving to a smaller nation for the sole benefit of their personal profit from it doesn’t sit well with me for some reason.

I ain’t ever leaving the gladiator arena that is America. They bred me, they get to deal with me.

Maybe it's because America started as and is still heavily advertised as the country where people went to Make It Work. Like, Europeans moved there because life in Europe was so lovely, and killed a bunch of Natives and brought a lot of slaves. It feels weird when a few generations later, everybody is like "Welp, that didn't work out."

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

It feels like the rich people on the Titanic disguising themselves and taking lifeboat spaces while all the steerage passengers drown around them

“I have a child!”

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Grendels Dad posted:

Maybe it's because America started as and is still heavily advertised as the country where people went to Make It Work. Like, Europeans moved there because life in Europe was so lovely, and killed a bunch of Natives and brought a lot of slaves. It feels weird when a few generations later, everybody is like "Welp, that didn't work out."

People often point to Emma Lazarus’s 1883 poem about "Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free" at the base of the Statue of Liberty but seem to forget that in 1882 the US enacted the Immigration Act which pretty much made pregnant/single women, the disabled, the sick, and the poor inadmissible for immigration and allowed the US to deport any new immigrants who couldn't support themselves, and they also enacted the Chinese Exclusion Act which just straight up went "No Chinese allowed!"

1880s Uncle Sam was not a fan of Chinese immigrants.

The Trump administration also hated that poem, LOL

quote:

In 2019, during the Trump administration, Ken Cuccinelli, whom Trump appointed as acting director of U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, revised a line from the poem in support of the administration's "public charge rule" to reject applicants for visas or green cards on the basis of income and education. Cuccinelli added the caveat "Give me your tired and your poor who can stand on their own two feet, and who will not become a public charge"; later suggested that the "huddled masses" were European; and downplayed the poem as it was "not actually part of the original Statue of Liberty."

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Data Graham posted:

It feels like the rich people on the Titanic disguising themselves and taking lifeboat spaces while all the steerage passengers drown around them

“I have a child!”

even on our forums, hating immigrants uh, finds a way

gbut
Mar 28, 2008

😤I put the UN🇺🇳 in 🎊FUN🎉

Excuse me. "Expats"

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
It's almost like the reality of America is forever lagging behind the potential of America.

gbut
Mar 28, 2008

😤I put the UN🇺🇳 in 🎊FUN🎉

If by "potential" you are referring to the govt propaganda. America has always been pretty true to itself otherwise.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

The Bloop posted:

Lol

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

gbut posted:

Excuse me. "Expats"

People calling themselves expats, deserve all the poo poo they get. The entire word exist only so white people can pretend to be different from all the other immigrants.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Hel posted:

People calling themselves expats, deserve all the poo poo they get. The entire word exist only so white people can pretend to be different from all the other immigrants.

I always prefer sex-pats :quagmire:

The worst are those who go to countries like the Gulf states where you can hire immigrant house maids who have no rights whatsoever and then the rich immigrants do their best to figure out how to exploit the poor immigrants to the fullest.

Nenonen has a new favorite as of 14:38 on Apr 24, 2021

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

more like oldremorseless

empty sea
Jul 17, 2011

gonna saddle my seahorse and float out to the sunset
I have an ex in Canada that I think about often. He might be my last resort plan.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

empty sea posted:

I have an ex in Canada that I think about often. He might be my last resort plan.

Nice username post combo? :negative:

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

more like oldbrainless

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

that cant be legal

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Gay marriage really opened the floodgates.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

It's mass hysteria! We were warned about this!

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_4bp8bBNVw

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
OUR 47TH PRESIDENT AFTER THE ONE WHO SHOWERS WITH HIS DAUGHTER DIES
Grimey Drawer

Kinda beaten, but:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JmzuRXLzqKk

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

This is Obama's America, folks

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Nenonen posted:

I always prefer sex-pats :quagmire:

The worst are those who go to countries like the Gulf states where you can hire immigrant house maids who have no rights whatsoever and then the rich immigrants do their best to figure out how to exploit the poor immigrants to the fullest.

gulf states? someone hasnt to been to *checks notes* the entire globe

less sarcastic thats a huge problem in all of east asia

snergle has a new favorite as of 21:50 on Apr 24, 2021

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Because of Sexpats and sex tourists I'm instantly suspicious of any dude over 40 whose been to Thailand even if most of them probably aren't pervs. Probably only about 40%.

nokternl
Jul 24, 2004
WTF?

i apologize in advance

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy