Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Every time I think Vince can't hit a new level of disappointment...:negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Man. My NXT Academia will need to be REALLY good for me to look over all the WWE bullshit going on,

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?

Vandar posted:

Every time I think Vince can't hit a new level of disappointment...:negative:

I'm a weirdo because I can't stand WWE right now but I couldn't help but be slightly charmed by Terrible Person Vince in that ad.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
Watching the Arsenal match and I wonder if all the fans protesting know what Stan Kroenke's initial is.

https://youtu.be/qaSfnGkPYh0

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Memnaelar posted:

I'm a weirdo because I can't stand WWE right now but I couldn't help but be slightly charmed by Terrible Person Vince in that ad.

Roddy was a deeply troubled person who threw himself into the industry and got jack poo poo in return for it, and had a strong dislike for Vince specifically.

Having Vince pretending to be on the phone with him, hinting that Roddy's in hell and then insisting he's in heaven, honestly just makes my skin crawl. It's...it's really hosed up. :sigh:

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i didnt know that bit was for the roddy piper documentary and thought he was talking to his brother

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Hedgehog Pie posted:

Watching the Arsenal match and I wonder if all the fans protesting know what Stan Kroenke's initial is.

https://youtu.be/qaSfnGkPYh0
lol i get it because it rhymes with penis :goodshit:

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Either someone hosed up or they just don't care to set this up organically.

Edit: They just officially announced it, so the latter.

Pylons fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Apr 23, 2021

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
i'm sure they'll do an extensive and satisfying build in the two weeks until that ppv

HidaO-Win
Jun 5, 2013

"And I did it, because I was a man who had exhausted reason and thus turned to magicks"
Have they completely photoshopped Bayleys face there? Her eyebrows, eye makeup and eyes all look distorted or heavily altered.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon

HidaO-Win posted:

Have they completely photoshopped Bayleys face there? Her eyebrows, eye makeup and eyes all look distorted or heavily altered.

no she just looks like that in reality

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
Between this and Ripley/Asuka it's like an edict has come down that builds and storylines for the women's division are no longer required.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

And the rest of the company

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!
Brian Flinn, who was basically the head of PR for the last 9 years, was fired, as were Mead Rust (there for 2 years after 16 with A&E) and the previously reported Joe Villa (there since he was a college student in 1999) from his department.

I never interacted with Rust, and I rarely interacted with Villa past calling out his stupidest political tweets. (If you remember a WWE office guy being weird in AOC's replies, that was him.) Flinn, however, I interacted with plenty over the years. At times, we had a pretty good working relationship over the years, but it got much worse when it became clear I wouldn't exactly be...pliable, I guess. This culminated in him having a full-scale freak out six months ago when Business Insider was about to publish my ring boys abuse investigation, calling at least two editors and trying to sell them on a scenario where I wasn't a legitimate reporter, had conned them into thinking I was, etc. (It seemed like he had no idea that Investigations Editor John Cook and I have known each other for years, and thus thought he could sell some nonsense about me fabricating a story.) So while I would never wish getting fired on anyone outside of the most extreme circumstances, I can't really spare any empathy for him at all.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Pylons posted:

I mean... I have stopped watching the weekly shows so I don't really care how they get to the match on the PPV

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Pylons posted:

This has been a thing for a while in WWE, major PPV and esp. Wrestlemania matches are just sort of decreed by management/”The Authority” and that drives the plot for the build, not any actual rivalry between the people in them. It’s all about wanting “moments” without any context.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

flatluigi posted:

i'm sure they'll do an extensive and satisfying build in the two weeks until that ppv

Really figured it be like 2 episodes but it's 4 episodes. They have 4 episodes for the build.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Last week: fired black haired Australian woman wrestler
This week: hired black haired Australian woman wrestler

https://twitter.com/stephdelander/status/1385701405953044480?s=20

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

That whole property of poo poo is so gross. Like they don't even hide it anymore. You are told right from the start that they own you and you should be greatful for it.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Shard posted:

That whole property of poo poo is so gross. Like they don't even hide it anymore. You are told right from the start that they own you and you should be greatful for it.

independent contractor of

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://streamable.com/dhoe6i

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

davidbix posted:

Brian Flinn, who was basically the head of PR for the last 9 years, was fired, as were Mead Rust (there for 2 years after 16 with A&E) and the previously reported Joe Villa (there since he was a college student in 1999) from his department.

I never interacted with Rust, and I rarely interacted with Villa past calling out his stupidest political tweets. (If you remember a WWE office guy being weird in AOC's replies, that was him.) Flinn, however, I interacted with plenty over the years. At times, we had a pretty good working relationship over the years, but it got much worse when it became clear I wouldn't exactly be...pliable, I guess. This culminated in him having a full-scale freak out six months ago when Business Insider was about to publish my ring boys abuse investigation, calling at least two editors and trying to sell them on a scenario where I wasn't a legitimate reporter, had conned them into thinking I was, etc. (It seemed like he had no idea that Investigations Editor John Cook and I have known each other for years, and thus thought he could sell some nonsense about me fabricating a story.) So while I would never wish getting fired on anyone outside of the most extreme circumstances, I can't really spare any empathy for him at all.

It’s hilarious that they’re all being cut loose so Nick Kahn can hire his friends

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Shard posted:

I mean they're not the first people to make those shirts but it is especially hilarious given the nature of being an "independent contractor" there

Ibexaz
Jul 23, 2013

The faces he makes while posting are inexcusable! When he writes a post his face is like a troll double checking bones to see if there's any meat left! When I post I look like a peacock softly kissing a rose! Didn't his parents provide him with a posting mirror to practice forums faces growing up?

Shard posted:

I think the implication is the shirt is the property of the performance center, like something your hoghschool would give you to to wear if you forgot a change of clothes for gym, it's property of the athletic department

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Shard posted:

I get what you mean, but the “property of” shirts originated because in the 1930s USC football players were literally stealing the workout t-shirts because they liked them, so the school put “property of” on them to deter theft because it was the shirt that belonged to the school, not the person. Then it sort of took off as a sports team thing.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Astro7x posted:

I get what you mean, but the “property of” shirts originated because in the 1930s USC football players were literally stealing the workout t-shirts because they liked them, so the school put “property of” on them to deter theft because it was the shirt that belonged to the school, not the person. Then it sort of took off as a sports team thing.
i never knew that, thats cool

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

sportsgenius86 posted:

It’s hilarious that they’re all being cut loose so Nick Kahn can hire his friends

I’m rooting for Nick Khan to continue to usurp all of Stephanie and HHH’s power and fire them once Vince is dead

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Aleister Black has made an appearance for the first time in months

https://streamable.com/f7yyjw

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Those glasses look loving terrible.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Digital Jedi posted:

Aleister Black has made an appearance for the first time in months

https://streamable.com/f7yyjw

Excited to see these clips for 7 months before he gets in the ring and then it’s all immediately dropped again

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

The Lore of Aleister Black

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
graph was correct in saying they look like Koresh glasses

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

SD https://www.f4wonline.com/wwe-results/wwe-smackdown-live-results-apollo-crews-first-ic-title-defense-339506

Cesaro wants a rematch with Seth Rollins, Jey Uso wants a match with Cesaro, Daniel Bryan comes out to prevent a double team on Cesaro
Bryan and Cesaro defeat Seth and Jey after Seth leaves. Postmatch Bryan and Cesaro beat up Jey some more and Bryan wonders why Reigns won't come save him
Tamina defeats Nia Jax
Apollo Crews retains the IC title over Kevin Owens after distraction from Azeez. Postmatch Owens stunners Apollo, then gets beat up by Azeez. Sami Zayn dances around Owens. Backstage Big E attacks Apollo, next week Big E gets an IC title rematch
Aleister Black is coming back
The Mysterios (Rey and Dominik) defeat Chad Gable and Otis
Roman Reigns turns down Cesaro's request for a title shot, then offers Bryan one for next week; if Bryan wins, he's Universal champ, if Bryan loses, he's gone from SD. Bryan accepts

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
So Alastair was reading a book, but acting like the story was his life. What

He also has those 70s birth control glasses, names because they prevent the person wearing them from ever loving. Which is odd, he spent his entire time on the main roster getting screwed.

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/WWEAleister/status/1385767162024022016?s=20

I guess they're gonna switch things up with Aleister

Edit: ah poo poo, I didn't watch the latest Smackdown

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

That Aleister promo reminds me of those Sean O’Haire Devil’s Advocate promos, but with different lighting.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
we're getting a fiend/aleister black feud

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Astro7x posted:

Regardless of how they started I'd argue that they no longer mean that and they know how it comes off. Taken also in the context of the rest of the company's history I think they are 100 percent saying the people are the property of WWE not the shirts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

He’s going to lead a cult of guys stuck in catering called the Brunch Davidians