Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

johnson is openly corrupt. everyone else sort of slithers about, but johnson respects my intelligence enough not to pretend that the thing we all know to be true isn't

is probably how people think about this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

100% op

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

what a perfect image, they all look like tobias from arrested development

keithy george
Jan 8, 2008

V. Illych L. posted:

johnson is openly corrupt. everyone else sort of slithers about, but johnson respects my intelligence enough not to pretend that the thing we all know to be true isn't

I think there's enough people who want to think of britain as number 1, and want a guy who can fight dirty in their corner. His constant scandals are just proof of his success that he's constantly able to overcome obstacles and it probably makes him seem tough and effective. It doesn't matter that everything he touches turns to poo poo, when it looks like he's always winning.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

V. Illych L. posted:

yer but well he's a proper man of the people isn't he

he does his embezzlements and that but then he goes out on the lash and gets hammered on lager and snake bites and wakes up in someone else's garden doesn't he lol proper legend m8

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
the communist party had a stall setup outside the shop when i went to get stuff for breakfast. not a lot of interest from the public but i've genuinely never seen them before. only jehova's witnesses

if i wasn't a goon more focused on being hungover and hungry i'd have got a copy of the morning star if it didn't require much conversation

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
his photographer is def a paid up member of the Conservative party who is talking him into this poo poo lol

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

Jose posted:

the communist party had a stall setup outside the shop when i went to get stuff for breakfast. not a lot of interest from the public but i've genuinely never seen them before. only jehova's witnesses

if i wasn't a goon more focused on being hungover and hungry i'd have got a copy of the morning star if it didn't require much conversation

gently caress that, the morning star’s terfy shite and the cpb are awful old wankers

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Jakabite posted:

gently caress that, the morning star’s terfy shite and the cpb are awful old wankers

i've never seen it available before so curious about it. they were mostly old wankers though

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Jose posted:

Look at this trot buying a paper

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

Jose posted:

i've never seen it available before so curious about it. they were mostly old wankers though

fair enough. better than whatever rag the swp are shilling these days I suppose

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

Jakabite posted:

this is unfair, there are also some awful young wankers in the YCL who hate trans people and immigrants and minority languages just as much

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010
truly we are blessed with a political scene that can spread its various hatreds so wide across the tankie spectrum

on an unrelated note an acquaintance just messaged me to ask if any movement other than Zionism represents Jewish people. I replied to say that a movement based on ethnic cleansing doesn’t represent Jewish people much at all but I feel like I’ve just let myself in for a massive shitshow somehow

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE
the CPB's best positions are its tankie ones, its bad ones are the opportunistic cryptofash ones it has adopted

Kaveman
Jul 25, 2009

NEVER!!!

Jose posted:

RCG used to be out in Newcastle on monument almost every week before they sacrificed themselves on the altar of "defending sexual abusers who donate lots of money" a few years back
They seemed canny enough

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

Kaveman posted:

RCG used to be out in Newcastle on monument almost every week before they sacrificed themselves on the altar of "defending sexual abusers who donate lots of money" a few years back
They seemed canny enough

I encountered some of the rump RCG flogging papers at a George Floyd protest last year and they got in a huge argument with me defending the sexual abuser again, it was depressing

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

trots love rape its bleak

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010
the RCG are very strange and difficult to work with and also absolutely beyond obsessed with Cuba and China. and they support rapists. overall score: no stars

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
The Majestic Keir

Wolfsbane
Jul 29, 2009

What time is it, Eccles?

Jose posted:

My local corner shop in a very middle class part of Wiltshire has exactly one copy of the Morning Star. I assume there's one old trot who buys it every week.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

what the gently caress?

https://twitter.com/GBCMANCHESTER/status/1385988881183608834?s=20

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
whoops bourgeois democracy is a sham

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

Britain at home is becoming like Britain abroad.

PNGYAKUZA
Apr 21, 2021

I'm not a monster, it's just a mask.

How often do armed police come out other than like actual loving terror threats?
Scary poo poo that

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

PNGYAKUZA posted:

How often do armed police come out other than like actual loving terror threats?
Scary poo poo that

They started being more common just on the streets around the Olympics in 2012 and the Commonwealth Games in 2014 just for 'security reasons' and you also see them at airports just walking around with assault rifles these days. It's loving terrifying frankly

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
probably a statue around

PNGYAKUZA
Apr 21, 2021

I'm not a monster, it's just a mask.

John Charity Spring posted:

They started being more common just on the streets around the Olympics in 2012 and the Commonwealth Games in 2014 just for 'security reasons' and you also see them at airports just walking around with assault rifles these days. It's loving terrifying frankly

Ah, rarely ever go to London and where I am (Liverpool) bizzies rarely have guns.
Terrifying seeing them bring it out for a protest.

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

PNGYAKUZA posted:

Ah, rarely ever go to London and where I am (Liverpool) bizzies rarely have guns.

Yeah it's definitely new to see at a protest. I've seen armed cops around Glasgow since 2014 though, just on the streets sometimes

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/TheStuffOfMemes/status/1386008279474712579?s=20

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

At the risk of being too Twitter Lib, I wonder how many armed pigs were at the stupid "We can't wait 3 weeks to get pissed in a pub" protests today, compared to this.

Love living on Normal Island.

PNGYAKUZA posted:

Pre-Plague Times you could usually see a few of them strutting about Newcastle with SMGs, typically around the big shopping centre. Just a mite bit worrying to look up from your overpriced pizza and see a tac'd up bizzie with his eyes and fingers twitching.

SteelMentor has issued a correction as of 21:25 on Apr 24, 2021

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin
https://twitter.com/Lollardfish/status/1386014415435091972?s=20

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
I’m starting to think Brits don’t know what anti-semitism is

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

I am the guy in the Hisenberg shirt giving the side-eye.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

UKIP voters apparently haven't been hosed in the rear end enough.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

kill the bill protesters had armed police turn up but the anti lockdown protesters in london got this

https://twitter.com/DailyMirror/status/1386089820699742209?s=20

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
anti lockdown people shoot be shot down so finally the cops did something right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

No the cops had no riot gear and then got the poo poo kicked out of them